Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,377 members, 7,819,369 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? (29120 Views)

What Else Do You Do With Your phone Apart From These Things? / Please Help With Blackberry Wifi Hotspot Setup / Pinging With Nokia Phone Just Like Blackberry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by saintiyke(m): 3:10pm On Sep 14, 2012
Apart from pinging . I dont see how BB is different from other phones that i've used. Maybe i am "under-using" my BB. Over to u people..

1 Like

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by ben4ever(m): 4:58pm On Sep 14, 2012
blackberry is a very good way to waste productive time on pinging

27 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 14, 2012
Use BB for playing catch wid ma Dogs. Oh boy, u nid to see the scratches wey dogs inflict with teeth.

1 Like

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by bola4dprec(m): 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2012
Blackberry is kind of smart phone that economize how you browse on weekly on monthly basis its for business advertisement not for play how we use it here Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by honsule(m): 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2012
ben4ever: blackberry is a very good way to waste productive time on pinging

thump up for u.u are very correct.i know during my service year(NYSC) how i used to ping.Always pinging till battery is down.when my BB was stolen,after my service year.I use that time for sth productive.My frnds always beg me to come back online/start using BB.Am Still contemplating whether to buy anor or not.But 2 months without BB make sense to me

7 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Bumpad: 6:00pm On Sep 16, 2012
blackberry is good in other ways apart frm pinging and if u knw u are into applications and games the fone is not for u

1 Like

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by walcolm(m): 8:07am On Sep 17, 2012
BB is a solid enterprise device. it was built originally for business uses and offered zero entertainment or fun factor

if you know what you are doing and you are business minded, with just a BB and absolutely no laptop or desktop around you, you can keep in touch with your business associates all over the world as if you are working from your office. no other smartphone gives you that level of dexterity, security and robustness when there's no PC around. you can churn out solid business proposals with text and graphics on the go. you can stay on top of all your emails no matter how many email addresses and which server is hosting those email addresses

most people started being able to use BB when the company started releasing general end-user friendly versions which was heralded by the release of the BBM that most people now talk about.

when the BB10 is released next year, the BB will be at par in terms of fun and entertainment as you currently get on androids and iphones

17 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by timbros(m): 12:11pm On Sep 17, 2012
Bumpa d: blackberry is good in other ways apart frm pinging and if u knw u are into applications and games the fone is not for u

ways like?
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by timbros(m): 12:13pm On Sep 17, 2012
Personally my E5 does everything a blackberry will do for any user, including pinging. Yes, pinging cuz i have my Whatsapp cheesy

Blackberry? Thanks, but no thanks...

20 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by walcolm(m): 1:52pm On Sep 17, 2012
timbros: Personally my E5 does everything a blackberry will do for any user, including pinging. Yes, pinging cuz i have my Whatsapp cheesy

your E5 cannot do what a BB will do for someone who knows what a BB can do.

13 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by timbros(m): 7:27pm On Sep 17, 2012
walcolm:

your E5 cannot do what a BB will do for someone who knows what a BB can do.

like?

2 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Excelboi(m): 9:04pm On Sep 17, 2012
timbros: Personally my E5 does everything a blackberry will do for any user, including pinging. Yes, pinging cuz i have my Whatsapp cheesy

Mr stop comparing E5 with a blackberry. I own a E5 fone and a Bold BB and I know the comparison... BB is a way ahead

1 Like

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by bola4dprec(m): 9:45pm On Sep 17, 2012
In term of volume of data bb na baba, its design for business purpose

3 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by timbros(m): 10:20pm On Sep 17, 2012
Excelboi: Mr stop comparing E5 with a blackberry. I own a E5 fone and a Bold BB and I know the comparison... BB is a way ahead

Did u see me comparing E5 to BB? I still havent got the answer to what BB can do that my E5 cant serve me.....? Browsing? Multiple windows? Games? Youtube?

Please tell me since u have both of them...
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 8:42am On Sep 18, 2012
timbros:

Did u see me comparing E5 to BB? I still havent got the answer to what BB can do that my E5 cant serve me.....? Browsing? Multiple windows? Games? Youtube?

U cud as well go for a nokia N72 since it does all of these things you mentioned

1 Like

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Ishola87(m): 1:54pm On Sep 18, 2012
why are worry ourself becus of worldly thins.Asan naa ni gbogbo e

5 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 18, 2012
You guys ought to know that in the present day Nigeria, the BlackBerry is the god of data savings. No other device has Unlimited Data offered by network providers at a VERY CHEAP price. That said, in terms of functionality and productivity and entertainment and stuff, the 'Droids have it. But let's just wait for BB10 sha.

7 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by timbros(m): 9:50pm On Sep 18, 2012
walestrings:

U cud as well go for a nokia N72 since it does all of these things you mentioned

How does N72 come into the discussion?
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 19, 2012

1 Like

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Neoluv(m): 3:21pm On Sep 19, 2012
When it comes to push email and the rest...blackberry comes first....av tried iphone,android(currently using samsung galaxy note and bold 9900),blackberry receives mails faster than the computer ...if your emails are very important to you and you don't have a bb,then you're joking!!

1 Like

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 19, 2012
bb is just a java phone without pinging
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by twinskenny(m): 3:23pm On Sep 19, 2012
galaxy s2 rock... lots of amazing apps
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by bigx(m): 3:24pm On Sep 19, 2012
I hardly Ping, I do more of web browsing and emails

3 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by walexybaba(m): 3:27pm On Sep 19, 2012
Its a total disappointment for any1 to under estimate what a bb can do, in dubia and some part of Kingdom saudi, BB 4nes are banned, cos hackers use it to tap into d security data base of grocery shops and other small shops, apart from pinging, u have sw such as power point in HD, and mind u the blackberry is a business 4ne, as the idea of pinging was 2 connect all like minded users of bb allover d world. Wish I had all d time in d world 2 explain, pls stop saying nokia E5 (which is just like a toy Bside the iphone) as in d U.K 60% of sophisticated phone users uses an apple product
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by hassymo5(m): 3:27pm On Sep 19, 2012
@ walestrings Pls just tell timbros what your BB can do that his E5 can't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by CrazyMan(m): 3:27pm On Sep 19, 2012
bigx: I hardly Ping, I do more of web browsing and emails
Seconded!
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by gambus007(m): 3:30pm On Sep 19, 2012
timbros:

BB no do skype ooooooo!2bad.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by gambus007(m): 3:30pm On Sep 19, 2012
timbros:

BB no dey do skype ooooooo!2bad.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by Ignatio(m): 3:33pm On Sep 19, 2012
The question is not yet answered. We haven't been told that special thing BB can do that other phones can't.

Some of you say it's made for business men but other smartphones serve better in that capacity. Even Nokia X2 competes with BB in that area.

The only thing about it is cheap data and pinging.

Bottomline BlackBerry is a subject of overestimation. Boring phone :@.

4 Likes

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by InvertedHammer: 3:33pm On Sep 19, 2012
Sorry for my ignorance...What is pinging? I keep hearing this term especially from people in Nigeria. I have never heard this term in US and I have lived in California
for the last years.

1 Like

Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by searchcorp(m): 3:37pm On Sep 19, 2012
@op, that's a very stupid question.

And Yes!!! You are under-using your
blackberry.
Re: Apart From Pinging: What Else Do You Do With BlackBerry? by free2ryhme: 3:37pm On Sep 19, 2012
aze: Use BB for playing catch wid ma Dogs. Oh boy, u nid to see the scratches wey dogs inflict with teeth.

see levels

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Switching To Micro Sim; The Pros And Cons And Your Suggestions? / Price, Specs Of Infinix Note 6 In Nigeria / Tecno Camon C10 Specs And Price: What You Should Expect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.