Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,603 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? (14853 Views)

10 Ways To Stay Friends After Being Intimate / How To Stay Friends With Your Ex / Is It Safe To Be Friends With "Cuddle Benefit' With A Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 14, 2012
A friend of mine once said 'staying friends with an Ex is like re-opening an old wound'. Her believe is that no matter how hard they try not to delve into what they were like together, it will still happen. But someone might think otherwise. Opinions are however not the same because we all have our divergent views to things. If it were you, would you still remain friends with your Ex?
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by k2039: 5:46pm On Sep 14, 2012
I dont even have one
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 14, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]
k2039: I dont even have one

*yimu
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by beqs101(f): 6:20pm On Sep 14, 2012
Yeap i can stay just friends with my ex cuz,once I'm done with a relationship,I'm done with all feelings..as a matter of fact,I'm still friends with my ex.

1 Like

Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by vivianc(f): 6:28pm On Sep 14, 2012
Yes provided we don't have romantic feelings for each other anymore.

1 Like

Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Nobody: 1:44am On Sep 15, 2012
It's circumstantial as it depends on how/why we broke up in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by gbengarock: 1:57am On Sep 15, 2012
cant stand seein my loved one wit someone else so i'd rada keep d distance and gradually get u off my mind...

sooner or later u'd b invited to ur ex's weddin as a bestman/...

1 Like

Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Nobody: 2:12am On Sep 15, 2012
ogugua88: It's circumstantial as it depends on how/why we broke up in the first place.

GBAM.
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Nobody: 5:18am On Sep 15, 2012
4 me,its no big deal..jst define ur boundaries,and make sure d oda party is ok with it..

1 Like

Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Mynd44: 5:30am On Sep 15, 2012
As long as she realise that germ title is "ex" and not present and she does not try to warm her way back, no problem
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Kologie: 7:44am On Sep 15, 2012
@op I think your friend is right to an extent. Getting too close to your ex can actually whip up old feelings regardless of how high you try to raise your guard. If you are in a new relationship( especially if you are now married) the best bet is to cut off completely and set new rules of engagement.
You can interact with your ex in a very social setting, but not in a private atmosphere that can encourage passionate intimacy. For me, your ex should be seen as just one of your contacts; or like a book in the shelf-- consult them when you need them. Nothing more.

Anything more than that will amount to creating crack in the wall of your new relationship.

16 Likes

Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Mynd44: 8:18am On Sep 15, 2012
^^
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by 190: 8:44am On Sep 15, 2012
Why should I remain friends wif an ex

When there are too many other fishes in d ocean!
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 15, 2012
190: Why should I remain friends wif an ex

Lol
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 15, 2012
How could you stay friend with an ex who knows your sexual weak points. Many ex have always come back to nack themselves even after they were married to other spouses. Best is, keep the distance. And no sane man or woman should allow his love to keep closeness with an ex, if you do, you have better chances you are being cheated on and at the end, you end up being the purest mugu. Its inside a relationship you set boundaries, that this is what I want etc. Not outside it.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Topisyn(f): 10:20am On Sep 15, 2012
Yea, y not
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by xynerise: 10:32am On Sep 15, 2012
It depends on the ex. My ex is a she-devil undecided

1 Like

Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by dikkybutt(m): 10:32am On Sep 15, 2012
Some would say ''An EX should stay an EX. They’re the EXample of false love and an EXplanation for why you deserve better.

But I would say ''Being friends with ur EX shows you two are mature enough to get over the fact that you weren't meant to be together.''

6 Likes

Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by MamaDiallo(f): 10:33am On Sep 15, 2012
yes i can. all my best friends r my ex smiley

1 Like

Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 15, 2012
Topisyn: Yea, y not

Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by dnawah(m): 10:37am On Sep 15, 2012
Yes i once had,i even went to her traditional weddin,nobody knows tomorow.(if she/huby b ur interviewer 4 ur job nko):-D

1 Like

Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by xynerise: 10:39am On Sep 15, 2012
dnawah: .(if she/huby b ur interviewer 4 ur job nko):-D
that will be my chance to strangle him grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 15, 2012
Not bad but risky. Women especialy gets tempted to find consolation in the broad waiting shoulder of an ex provided d hubby is always travelling for business or if they have little issues. It's not bad as they could be strictly business associates but closeness may lead to feelings returning and then when in privacy together,anytn can happen and may keep going on and on. Leading to blackmail and divorce when hubby eventualy finds out.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by DukeNija(m): 10:42am On Sep 15, 2012
People have different reasons for ending their love relationships, and these reasons ultimately determine the level of communication or friendship between both parties.(No need to explain this)

I am friends with my ex's. They call me. I make them laugh.
I've been talking with one of them for the past two days. She says she thinks bout me. She has a new dude undecided
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by SummerT(m): 10:43am On Sep 15, 2012
Wel,bn frnds is a welcum idea bt b4 both parties culd settle 4 dt,it must b ascertained based on d platform(i.e eda disgusting or fairplay) at wc u ended ur relatnship.
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Exponental(m): 10:43am On Sep 15, 2012
Yes! I am a friend with my ex:
one married n d other engaged.

It all depends on u n hw d relationship ended.
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Castos(m): 10:44am On Sep 15, 2012
190: Why should I remain friends wif an ex

I knew u'd comment
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by chucky234(m): 10:45am On Sep 15, 2012
xynerise: It depends on the ex. My ex is a she-devil undecided
LMAO
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by chucky234(m): 10:46am On Sep 15, 2012
Friends with a charming striking ex,hmmm no comment ooooo
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by BUSHMAN1: 10:53am On Sep 15, 2012
yep! i am friends with all my exes even though i am married
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by fankasibe: 10:53am On Sep 15, 2012
The truth is that, if my Ex is sexually attractive, i will keep my distance, otherwise i will give her d kòkò.
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by freecocoa(f): 10:54am On Sep 15, 2012
ogugua88: It's circumstantial as it depends on how/why we broke up in the first place.
^THIS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can't I Marry My Girlfriend? She's Fifteen / I Love My Boyfriend, But He Is Too Fat... / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.