Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,785 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? (14850 Views)

10 Ways To Stay Friends After Being Intimate / How To Stay Friends With Your Ex / Is It Safe To Be Friends With "Cuddle Benefit' With A Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Moukafoam(f): 12:51pm On Sep 15, 2012
charlsecy4:

You are the only persons that got it right! Others, who have commented so far, were talking either RUBBISH, or something not far from it!

Whether you would remain friends with your ex should depend on how and what caused the breakup/separation.

Men are generally jealous, when they see u(ex) with another guy their mood will change, though some of them try Ť☺ control it sha tongue
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Goldenheart(m): 12:56pm On Sep 15, 2012
i ve like, a couple of 'Ex'....... And they re quite tempted 2b intimate when we re close. we didnt break up with broken bottles, we were just nt meant 2 be. Even though d romance waz superb.... I neva fell in 4 those temptation. We re still frends. But keeping distance.
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by conyema12(m): 1:14pm On Sep 15, 2012
Yeah provided;
1. we maintain the distance.
2. She is completely engaged/married.
3. We didnt have a violent breakup.

Else there will be the tendency to ingnite the lost passion.
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Bluediamond1(f): 1:29pm On Sep 15, 2012
And we're stil friends,cause we broke up on gud grounds knowing we cnt b 2geda.
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 15, 2012
Jxt wanna Go Back to Her already - We aint meant to be frnds! embarassed embarassed
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by tolu001: 1:41pm On Sep 15, 2012
Your ex asking u to be friends is like kidnappers asking u to keep in touch after letting u go.
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by iyaayi(f): 1:55pm On Sep 15, 2012
Its is absolutely wrong to stay friends with an ex, especially if you are now married!!
Any thing can happen at any time to complicate matters!!!
All exes shd be done away wt!!
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by charlsecy4(m): 1:59pm On Sep 15, 2012
Moukafoam: Men are generally jealous, when they see u(ex) with another guy their mood will change, though some of them try Ť☺ control it sha tongue

Is Jealousy meant for a specific gender?
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by bibigirl07: 2:48pm On Sep 15, 2012
xynerise: It depends on the ex. My ex is a she-devil undecided

Lol! Women don suffer! She-devil ke?
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by greatgod2012(f): 3:07pm On Sep 15, 2012
not too bad, but sincerelywith all carefulness. It takes real and real maturity from both sides b4 such decision can betaken
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Dazl(f): 3:15pm On Sep 15, 2012
BUSH MAN: yep! i am friends with all my exes even though i am married

ud beta watch ur bk
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by InvertedHammer: 3:16pm On Sep 15, 2012
[b][/b]There is a reason why she/he is an ex-
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by mikron(m): 3:48pm On Sep 15, 2012
no sir
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by ATMC(f): 4:10pm On Sep 15, 2012
@hardbody what said okafor's law
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 15, 2012
I can't stay as friends with my Ex...reason being that"once debe,always debe"m
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by AMvanquish: 7:43pm On Sep 15, 2012
Kologie: @op I think your friend is right to an extent. Getting too close to your ex can actually whip up old feelings regardless of how high you try to raise your guard. If you are in a new relationship( especially if you are now married) the best bet is to cut off completely and set new rules of engagement.
You can interact with your ex in a very social setting, but not in a private atmosphere that can encourage passionate intimacy. For me, your ex should be seen as just one of your contacts; or like a book in the shelf-- consult them when you need them. Nothing more.

Anything more than that will amount to creating crack in the wall of your new relationship.

On point! Uve said it all..
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by ginstinct(m): 7:54pm On Sep 15, 2012
Why not... We can always be friends
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Redblueblur: 7:57pm On Sep 15, 2012
Ya. But with a clear boundary
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by OtunbaGm: 9:59pm On Sep 15, 2012
I am still in touch wit all my ex girlfriends except one igbo girl that I know if I catch her again at close corner, I may be tempted. I love my family!
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Hazeleyezz: 11:37pm On Sep 15, 2012
dikkybutt: Some would say ''An EX should stay an EX. They’re the EXample of false love and an EXplanation for why you deserve better.

But I would say ''Being friends with ur EX shows you two are mature enough to get over the fact that you weren't meant to be together.''

Its hard to be friends wit an EX jare! Dnt bring maturity here joor! If u say Acquaintance, I agree,

1 Like

Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Tinyemeka(m): 11:43pm On Sep 15, 2012
What's there? Moreso, if she'd caused the reason for the separation.
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Meristem: 1:04am On Sep 16, 2012
Yes. Depends on the reason for exing them though. Need I say that new Terms and Conditions must apply?
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by Osheshe(f): 1:43am On Sep 16, 2012
jami3y: A friend of mine once said 'staying friends with an Ex is like re-opening an old wound'. Her believe is that no matter how hard they try not to delve into what they were like together, it will still happen. But someone might think otherwise. Opinions are however not the same because we all have our divergent views to things. If it were you, would you still remain friends with your Ex?

An EX- is someone who was FORMERLY in one's life, but is EXCLUDED from one's present activities.

I completely concur with those who commented earlier, stressing on 'why' and 'how' the relationship ended.

Life is very fickle...people fall in and out of love...thousands of 'em...by the second; for all kinds of reasons...ranging from trivial to the absurd, to very serious.

I've mulled over this real hard...using my personal experience as a yardstick...

There was this boyfriend who called it quits. Said I wasn't exciting enough...I didn't set his blood on fire... and he just vamoosed.

Years passed...I filled out nicely...let my hair down...even dabbled with make-up. The result? A smart young lady.

One day, I ran into this dude at a friend's party...and he extends the 'olive branch' of friendship.

Friends kwa? As as how nau? I made him understand the damage done was irrevocable...its not an issue of malice or bitterness.

The way I see it, there's has to be a platform that will make our paths cross. This is the only way we'll exchange 'pleasantries'. Full stop!

Anything beyond this is unnecessary. Whatever the reason for the break-up, fact remains that it happened. It don't matter if the both of you drifted apart...or fought verbally and physically until a separation became inevitable. Fact remains that the split occured...and y'all decided to forge ahead on separate tracks.

In my own very candid opinion...the whole concept of being 'friends' with an 'ex' is just a guise. Both parties use it as an excuse to check-up on each other...evaluating and assessing...congratulating themselves if they feel the other hasn't been able to improve on the track history left behind...berating themselves if they feel the other individual has been able to polish and harness strengths in all facets of their lives.

Why go through the charade? At the very most, say a prayer for 'em...asking God to bless 'em and all that is theirs, and keep 'em wherever they are...being too close and comfy with each other ain't ideal or healthy in the long run.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by miscoe(m): 1:47am On Sep 16, 2012
i believe that close to 50 percent of every broken homes is associated with this issue.That same reason that made you love her in the first place would always come back,especially with high degree of intimacy....To be wise,it is better to let go!
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by cfours: 4:25am On Sep 16, 2012
depends on how your relationship ended and also how intimate you were. if you've had sex then stay away!!!
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by canadaik(m): 6:29am On Sep 16, 2012
beqs101: Yeap i can stay just friends with my ex cuz,once I'm done with a relationship,I'm done with all feelings..as a matter of fact,I'm still friends with my ex.

Big lie!!! you can go from friends to lovers not from lovers to friends it just cant walk!!!
you can go from being illiterate to being educated but u cant go from being educated to illiteracy, it just cant work *sorry angry
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by komek(m): 6:48am On Sep 16, 2012
beqs101: Yeap i can stay just friends with my ex cuz,once I'm done with a relationship,I'm done with all feelings..as a matter of fact,I'm still friends with my ex.
let me get u well, Ex or Exs?
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by kunleee(m): 7:04am On Sep 16, 2012
ve learnt so much here,thanks 2d ops and every1. Am actually still a frnd wt my ex,we broke up on gud terms & her mum& her requested my frndship wt her.though i try all my best to ignore her bt she will nt let me be.once awhile i return her call informing her abt new job opportunities.she is married yet she always accused me of nt calling her.
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by 190: 8:53am On Sep 16, 2012
Я people still here over d issue of ex's

Jeeez ah!!

Ex's я evil - I rather kiss satan black arse than touch my ex dead body with a stick

Rubbissh!!
Re: Can You Stay Friends With Your Ex? by xynerise: 9:04am On Sep 16, 2012
190: Я people still here over d issue of ex's

Jeeez ah!!

Ex's я evil - I rather kiss satan black arse than touch my ex dead body with a stick

Rubbissh!!
I warned u not to go out with that girl that looks like wife of Frankistein but u refused undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

. / This Is What Happens When A White Man Marries A Busty Black Woman((pictures!!)) / If You Can Watch This Without Reaching Out For Your Vaseline, You're Strong.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.