Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters (26477 Views)

Police Use Live Bullets To Disperse Protesting Youths In Kaduna. (photos) / Soldiers Open Fire On Borno Governor’s Convoy In Error / Soldiers Shoot To Disperse 'occupy' Protesters In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by TerryCarr(m): 4:40am On Sep 15, 2012
cheddarking: What I don't understand is where these Muslims get the American flag to burn... undecided undecided

Is there a Muslim that 'sews' the American flag for the sole purpose of burning it?

Or is there one Igbo boy importing and exporting American flags to angry Muslims world wide?

I can imagine Chinedu hawking his flags in the riot.."Buy ya American flag hia...e dey burn well well...buy 1 get matches free" grin grin grin
ha grin grin
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by ceejay80s(m): 4:43am On Sep 15, 2012
alaoeri: But to be sincere why are non muslim producing such thing to intimidate muslims, this ain't the 1st, 2nd or 3rd time & they know what its all result to. Unlike xtians, muslims doesn't like someone mocking their religion then why not desist from the act for peace to reign.
lie dey the film? Na wetin happen na him dem act
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by okunoba(m): 5:16am On Sep 15, 2012
@seunNaija, Sorry to inform you, Mohammed during his life time had many people killed for mocking him. Read the Hadit of Ishaq.

http://www.answeringinfidels.com/answering-infidels/answering-muslims/murdered-by-muhammad.html
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by crackhouse(m): 5:20am On Sep 15, 2012
erico2k2: Dumb ass people, why aint there no protest in their Holly land MECA??/
i wonder o and even Dubai. I don't hear such things in these two countries.
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by okunoba(m): 5:23am On Sep 15, 2012
List of people killed by Mohammed for making fun of him.

http://www.answeringinfidels.com/answering-infidels/answering-muslims/murdered-by-muhammad.html

The Case of Uqba bin Abu Mu’ayt

Of all the people killed by Muhammad, Uqba was among those most worthy of punishment. He ridiculed and tormented Muhammad while the latter was still in Mecca. Indeed, Uqba was so disrespectful that he once spit in Muhammad’s face,[5] and he later fought the Muslims at Badr. He is only listed here because of the particularly callous response that Muhammad gave him at his execution: “When the apostle ordered him to be killed Uqba said, ‘But who will look after my children, O Muhammad?’ ‘Hell,’ he said.”[6]

The Case of Ka’b bin al-Ashraf

When Ka’b heard of all the men who had been killed by Muslims at the Battle of Badr, he wept for the departed and composed a poem in memory of their good works. The Muslims responded with poetry of their own. One Muslim woman answered:

Would that those weltering in their blood

Could be seen by those who live between Mecca’s mountains!

They would know for certain and would see

How they were dragged along by hair and beard.[7]
After this, Ka’b wrote poetry against the Muslim women, and Muhammad subsequently called for his assassination:

The apostle said . . . “Who will rid me of Ibnu’l-Ashraf [Ka’b]?” Muhammad bin Maslama . . . said, “I will deal with him for you, O apostle of God, I will kill him.” [Muhammad] said, “Do so if you can.” . . . The apostle said, “All that is incumbent upon you is that you should try.” [The assassin] said, “O apostle of God, we shall have to tell lies.” He answered, “Say what you like, for you are free in this matter.”[8]

Muhammad bin Maslama, having received from Muhammad permission to lie, proceeded with his plan to murder Ka’b. The Muslims sent Silkan, a lover of poetry, to befriend Ka’b. Silkan and Ka’b spent some time reciting verses to one another, until the former asked a favor of his new friend. Silkan said that he and his companions wanted to buy some food from Ka’b and that he would put down a number of weapons as a pledge until payment could be made. He did this so that Ka’b “would not take alarm at the sight of weapons when they brought them.” The Muslims came later with their weapons and invited Ka’b to join them for a walk, and he gladly joined them.

[A]fter a time Abu Na’ila ran his hand through [Ka’b’s] hair. Then he smelt his hand, and said, “I have never smelt a scent finer than this.” They walked on farther and he did the same so that Ka’b suspected no evil. Then after a space he did it for the third time, and cried, “Smite the enemy of God!” So they smote him, and their swords clashed over him with no effect. Muhammad bin Maslama said, “I remembered my dagger when I saw that our swords were useless, and I seized it. Meanwhile the enemy of God had made such a noise that every fort around us was showing a light. I thrust it into the lower part of his body, then I bore down upon it until I reached his genitals, and the enemy of God fell to the ground.”[9]

The assassination of Ka’b had the desired effect: “Our attack upon God’s enemy cast terror among the Jews, and there was no Jew in Medina who did not fear for his life.”[10]

The Case of Ibn Sunayna

Ibn Sunayna was a Jewish merchant whose only crime seems to be that he was in town when the Muslims went on a killing spree:

The apostle said, “Kill any Jew that falls into your power.” Thereupon Muhayyisa bin Mas’ud leapt upon Ibn Sunayna, a Jewish merchant with whom they had social and business relations, and killed him. Huwayyisa was not a Muslim at the time though he was the elder brother. When Muhayyisa killed him Huwayyisa began to beat him, saying, “You enemy of God, did you kill him when much of the fat on your belly comes from his wealth?” Muhayyisa answered, “Had the one who ordered me to kill him ordered me to kill you I would have cut your head off.” He said that this was the beginning of Huwayyisa’s acceptance of Islam. The other replied, “By God, if Muhammad had ordered you to kill me would you have killed me?” He said, “Yes, by God, had he ordered me to cut off your head I would have done so.” He exclaimed, “By God, a religion which can bring you to this is marvelous!” And he became a Muslim.[11]

The Case of Mirba bin Qayzi

News of Muhammad’s victories and assassinations spread rapidly, and many people became angry at him. One such person was a blind man named Mirba bin Qayzi:
[The Muslims] came out in the territory of Mirba bin Qayzi who was a blind man, a disaffected person. When he perceived the approach of the apostle and his men he got up and threw dust in their faces saying, “You may be the apostle of God, but I won’t let you through my garden!” I was told that he took a handful of dust and said, “By God, Muhammad, if I could be sure that I should not hit someone else I would throw it in your face.” The people rushed on him to kill him, and the apostle said, “Do not kill him, for this blind man is blind of heart, blind of sight.” Sa’d bin Zayd . . . rushed at him before the apostle had forbidden this and hit him on the head with his bow so that he split it open.”[12]

In Muhammad’s defense, he did order his men not to kill Mirba. Nevertheless, the passage shows how quick the Muslims were to kill anyone who insulted Muhammad, and that they were growing accustomed to doing so. Further, we have no evidence that Muhammad so much as reprimanded Sa’d for bludgeoning the man.

The Case of the Qurayza Jews

The men of Qurayza resisted Muhammad and attempted to form an alliance against him. When the alliance faltered, Muhammad acted quickly. His armies surrounded them and “besieged them for twenty-five nights until they were sore pressed and God cast terror into their hearts.”[13] Muhammad selected Sa’d bin Mu’adh to decide their punishment, and al-Aus, an ally of Qurayza, agreed to let Sa’d choose the punishment. Sa’d declared that “the men should be killed, the property divided, and the women and children taken as captives.”[14]

Then they surrendered, and the apostle confined them in Medina. . . . Then the apostle went out to the market of Medina (which is still its market today) and dug trenches in it. Then he sent for them and struck off their heads in those trenches as they were brought out to him in batches. . . . There were 600 or 700 in all, though some put the figure as high as 800 or 900. As they were being taken out in batches to the apostle they asked Ka’b what he thought would be done with them. He replied, “Will you never understand? Don’t you see that the summoner never stops and those who are taken away do not return? By Allah it is death!” This went on until the apostle made an end of them.[15]

Every male who had reached puberty was killed.[16] A woman named Bunanah was beheaded because she had dropped a millstone on one of Muhammad’s men.[17] Muhammad divided the women, children, and property among his men (taking a fifth of everything for himself). Some of the women were sold for horses and weapons, and Muhammad kept one of the captive women, Rayhana, for himself.[18]

The Case of Sallam Ibn Abu’l-Huqayq

The events surrounding the death of Sallam are interesting. Two tribes were competing with one another to see who could do the most for Muhammad:

One of the things which God did for His apostle was that these two tribes of the Ansar, Aus and Khazraj, competed the one with the other like two stallions: if Aus did anything to the apostle’s advantage Khazraj would say, “They shall not have this superiority over us in the apostle’s eyes and in Islam” and they would not rest until they could do something similar.[19]

The men of Aus had received the honor of assassinating Ka’b bin al-Ashraf, so the men of Khazraj longed to boast of a similar achievement. Hence, they went to Muhammad and asked for permission to murder Sallam Ibn Abu’l-Huqayq, and Muhammad granted their request.

When they got to Khaybar they went to Sallam’s house by night, having locked every door in the settlement on the inhabitants. Now he was in an upper chamber of his to which a ladder led up. They mounted this until they came to the door and asked to be allowed to come in. His wife came out and asked who they were and they told her that they were Arabs in search of supplies. She told them that their man was here and that they could come in. When we entered we bolted the door of the room on her and ourselves fearing lest something should come between us and him. His wife shrieked and warned him of us, so we ran at him with our swords as he was on his bed. . . . When we had smitten him with our swords Abdullah bin Unays bore down with his sword into his belly until it went right through him.”[20]

The Case of Kinana bin al-Rabi

Muhammad and his men conquered a town called Khaybar and distributed its riches and women among themselves.[21] They captured Kinana bin al-Rabi, who was in charge of the treasure of one of the conquered tribes. Muhammad demanded the treasure, but Kinana refused to tell him where it was hidden.

When [Muhammad] asked him about the rest he refused to produce it, so the apostle gave orders to al-Zubayr bin al-Awwam, “Torture him until you extract what he has,” so he kindled a fire with flint and steel on his chest until he was nearly dead. Then the apostle delivered him to Muhammad bin Maslama and he struck off his head, in revenge for his brother Mahmud [who had been killed in battle while conquering the town].[22]

The Case of an Anonymous One-Eyed Shepherd

After failing at one of their assassination attempts, some Muslims were returning to Muhammad when one of them, an assassin named Amr, went into a cave. He soon encountered a one-eyed shepherd driving a sheep. The one-eyed man laid beside Amr (not realizing that he was a Muslim) and began to sing:

I won’t be a Muslim as long as I live,

Nor heed to their religion give.[24]

Amr didn’t miss his chance to kill an infidel:

I said (to myself), “You will soon know!” and as soon as the badu was asleep and snoring I got up and killed him in a more horrible way than any man has been killed. I put the end of my bow in his sound eye, then I bore down on it until I forced it out at the back of his neck.[25]

A couple of other people were killed during this failed expedition, yet when Amr reported the details to Muhammad, the Prophet blessed him for his work.[26]

The Case of Abu Afak

Abu Afak, saddened because Muhammad had killed someone named al-Harith, composed the following song in memory of the departed:

Long have I lived but never have I seen

An assembly or collection of people

More faithful to their undertaking

And their allies when called upon

Than the sons of Qayla when they assembled,

Men who overthrew mountains and never submitted.

A rider who came to them split them in two (saying)

‘Permitted’, ‘Forbidden’ of all sorts of things.

Had you believed in glory or kingship

You would have followed Tubba.[27]

These words were too much for Muhammad to bear, so the Prophet of Islam flew into a rage that ended with the death of Abu Afak.[28]

The Case of Asma

A woman named Asma (who had five sons) was appalled at the murder of Abu Afak, so she wrote a poem against the Muslims in retaliation. Ibn Ishaq relates the account of what followed:

When the apostle heard what she had said he said, “Who will rid me of Marwan’s daughter?” Umayr bin Adiy al-Khatmi who was with him heard him, and that very night he went to her house and killed her. In the morning he came to the apostle and told him what he had done and he said, “You have helped God and His apostle, O Umayr!” When he asked if he would have to bear any evil consequences the apostle said, “Two goats won’t butt their heads about her,” so Umayr went back to his people.[29]

The Case of Abdullah bin Khatal and His Two Singing Girls

Abdullah bin Khatal was a Muslim who later apostatized. He had two singing girls who sang satirical songs about the Prophet. As soon as Muhammad had the power, he ordered that all three be killed. Abdullah was killed by two Muslims. One of the singing girls was killed. The other was later given immunity, for unknown reasons.[30]

The Case of al-Huwayrith

All that is known of al-Huwayrith is that he insulted Muhammad, that Muhammad demanded he be killed, and that Ali carried out Muhammad’s wishes.[31]

The Case of Sara, a Freed Slave

Sara was a freed slave who had insulted Muhammad in Mecca. Muhammad commanded his men to kill her wherever they find her. She was eventually found and trampled to death by a mounted soldier.[32]

Assessment

Muhammad ordered the murders of numerous people, often because they had insulted him years earlier or written poems against Islam, and he permitted lying as long as it would lead to the deaths of his enemies. He also commanded that apostates be killed.[33] Muhammad’s followers murdered both men and women, including a blind man, and they beheaded hundreds of Jews who had surrendered to the Muslims.

Of course, these assassinations and executions do not necessitate the conclusion that Muhammad was a bloodthirsty tyrant, as is often claimed about him in Christian and Jewish writings. As I have previously stated, Muhammad also performed many kind and noble deeds, and he forgave many who fought against him. However, while Muhammad probably wasn’t as bad as some of his critics now claim, neither was he nearly as good as his admirers claim. As Thomas Lippman has noted,

It seems safe to say that Muhammad was sincere, dedicated, courageous, generous, compassionate, and committed to social justice and reform. The uncritical admiration of him that one hears from ordinary Muslims, however, overlooks the evidence that the Prophet was also sometimes vengeful, spiteful, and duplicitous. He was, after all, human and ambitious too.[34]

The completely gentle, infinitely forgiving, perfectly merciful Prophet who is proclaimed in Muslim writings simply never existed. The historical Muhammad bears more resemblance to the above passage from Lippman. Yet if Muslims truly believe that Muhammad was the most wonderful moral example in history, they should embrace all of his actions, not just the ones that fit in with the Christian morality that has been advanced in the West. In Islamic thought, Muhammad is the standard with which everyone else is to be compared; that is, whatever Muhammad did is, by definition, moral. If another standard of comparison is introduced, Islamic belief falls to pieces. For instance, when Muslims try so desperately to explain away Muhammad’s atrocities, they are attempting to show that Muhammad fits in with Christian moral standards. But such an attempt is absurd. Muhammad killed countless people (torturing many of them), robbed people, married thirteen women (one of them a juvenile), took part in the slave trade, and permitted women to be beaten by their husbands.[35] When he is judged by the standards laid down by Jesus, Muhammad fails miserably. Thus, when Muslims find themselves defending the moral character of Muhammad, they may be doing so because they find the moral standards of Jesus more compelling than the moral standards of Muhammad, and they may be consciously or unconsciously trying to replace the spotted life of Muhammad with the spotless life of Jesus. If so, it is time for Muslims to look to a different messenger, one who is truly worthy of our admiration, praise, reverence, and worship.

Notes:

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by kraizybone(m): 5:28am On Sep 15, 2012
bittyend: This is more reason why medicinal weed has to legalized in naija, give these nyggahs some weed to smoke, and they would be in their homes sleeping. It saves everybody the hassle of tryna hold them back.
Lol dude, you seems pretty much like a Ganja man yourself.
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by ziccoit: 5:36am On Sep 15, 2012
dayokanu:

Hindus worship cows and its a sin to kill cows in their religion.

Have you googled to find how Moslems deliberately kill cows to provoke them?

Do you know how grievous a sin is to kill animals without justifiable reasons? And, killing cow to "provoke them" couldn't be justifiable.
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by ziccoit: 5:43am On Sep 15, 2012
okunoba: List of people killed by Mohammed for making fun of him.

The Case of Uqba bin Abu Mu’ayt

Of all the people killed by Muhammad, Uqba was among those most worthy of punishment. He ridiculed and tormented Muhammad while the latter was still in Mecca. Indeed, Uqba was so disrespectful that he once spit in Muhammad’s face,[5] and he later fought the Muslims at Badr. He is only listed here because of the particularly callous response that Muhammad gave him at his execution: “When the apostle ordered him to be killed Uqba said, ‘But who will look after my children, O Muhammad?’ ‘Hell,’ he said.”[6]

The Case of Ka’b bin al-Ashraf

When Ka’b heard of all the men who had been killed by Muslims at the Battle of Badr, he wept for the departed and composed a poem in memory of their good works. The Muslims responded with poetry of their own. One Muslim woman answered:

Would that those weltering in their blood

Could be seen by those who live between Mecca’s mountains!

They would know for certain and would see

How they were dragged along by hair and beard.[7]
After this, Ka’b wrote poetry against the Muslim women, and Muhammad subsequently called for his assassination:

The apostle said . . . “Who will rid me of Ibnu’l-Ashraf [Ka’b]?” Muhammad bin Maslama . . . said, “I will deal with him for you, O apostle of God, I will kill him.” [Muhammad] said, “Do so if you can.” . . . The apostle said, “All that is incumbent upon you is that you should try.” [The assassin] said, “O apostle of God, we shall have to tell lies.” He answered, “Say what you like, for you are free in this matter.”[8]

Muhammad bin Maslama, having received from Muhammad permission to lie, proceeded with his plan to murder Ka’b. The Muslims sent Silkan, a lover of poetry, to befriend Ka’b. Silkan and Ka’b spent some time reciting verses to one another, until the former asked a favor of his new friend. Silkan said that he and his companions wanted to buy some food from Ka’b and that he would put down a number of weapons as a pledge until payment could be made. He did this so that Ka’b “would not take alarm at the sight of weapons when they brought them.” The Muslims came later with their weapons and invited Ka’b to join them for a walk, and he gladly joined them.

[A]fter a time Abu Na’ila ran his hand through [Ka’b’s] hair. Then he smelt his hand, and said, “I have never smelt a scent finer than this.” They walked on farther and he did the same so that Ka’b suspected no evil. Then after a space he did it for the third time, and cried, “Smite the enemy of God!” So they smote him, and their swords clashed over him with no effect. Muhammad bin Maslama said, “I remembered my dagger when I saw that our swords were useless, and I seized it. Meanwhile the enemy of God had made such a noise that every fort around us was showing a light. I thrust it into the lower part of his body, then I bore down upon it until I reached his genitals, and the enemy of God fell to the ground.”[9]

The assassination of Ka’b had the desired effect: “Our attack upon God’s enemy cast terror among the Jews, and there was no Jew in Medina who did not fear for his life.”[10]

The Case of Ibn Sunayna

Ibn Sunayna was a Jewish merchant whose only crime seems to be that he was in town when the Muslims went on a killing spree:

The apostle said, “Kill any Jew that falls into your power.” Thereupon Muhayyisa bin Mas’ud leapt upon Ibn Sunayna, a Jewish merchant with whom they had social and business relations, and killed him. Huwayyisa was not a Muslim at the time though he was the elder brother. When Muhayyisa killed him Huwayyisa began to beat him, saying, “You enemy of God, did you kill him when much of the fat on your belly comes from his wealth?” Muhayyisa answered, “Had the one who ordered me to kill him ordered me to kill you I would have cut your head off.” He said that this was the beginning of Huwayyisa’s acceptance of Islam. The other replied, “By God, if Muhammad had ordered you to kill me would you have killed me?” He said, “Yes, by God, had he ordered me to cut off your head I would have done so.” He exclaimed, “By God, a religion which can bring you to this is marvelous!” And he became a Muslim.[11]

The Case of Mirba bin Qayzi

News of Muhammad’s victories and assassinations spread rapidly, and many people became angry at him. One such person was a blind man named Mirba bin Qayzi:
[The Muslims] came out in the territory of Mirba bin Qayzi who was a blind man, a disaffected person. When he perceived the approach of the apostle and his men he got up and threw dust in their faces saying, “You may be the apostle of God, but I won’t let you through my garden!” I was told that he took a handful of dust and said, “By God, Muhammad, if I could be sure that I should not hit someone else I would throw it in your face.” The people rushed on him to kill him, and the apostle said, “Do not kill him, for this blind man is blind of heart, blind of sight.” Sa’d bin Zayd . . . rushed at him before the apostle had forbidden this and hit him on the head with his bow so that he split it open.”[12]

In Muhammad’s defense, he did order his men not to kill Mirba. Nevertheless, the passage shows how quick the Muslims were to kill anyone who insulted Muhammad, and that they were growing accustomed to doing so. Further, we have no evidence that Muhammad so much as reprimanded Sa’d for bludgeoning the man.

The Case of the Qurayza Jews

The men of Qurayza resisted Muhammad and attempted to form an alliance against him. When the alliance faltered, Muhammad acted quickly. His armies surrounded them and “besieged them for twenty-five nights until they were sore pressed and God cast terror into their hearts.”[13] Muhammad selected Sa’d bin Mu’adh to decide their punishment, and al-Aus, an ally of Qurayza, agreed to let Sa’d choose the punishment. Sa’d declared that “the men should be killed, the property divided, and the women and children taken as captives.”[14]

Then they surrendered, and the apostle confined them in Medina. . . . Then the apostle went out to the market of Medina (which is still its market today) and dug trenches in it. Then he sent for them and struck off their heads in those trenches as they were brought out to him in batches. . . . There were 600 or 700 in all, though some put the figure as high as 800 or 900. As they were being taken out in batches to the apostle they asked Ka’b what he thought would be done with them. He replied, “Will you never understand? Don’t you see that the summoner never stops and those who are taken away do not return? By Allah it is death!” This went on until the apostle made an end of them.[15]

Every male who had reached puberty was killed.[16] A woman named Bunanah was beheaded because she had dropped a millstone on one of Muhammad’s men.[17] Muhammad divided the women, children, and property among his men (taking a fifth of everything for himself). Some of the women were sold for horses and weapons, and Muhammad kept one of the captive women, Rayhana, for himself.[18]

The Case of Sallam Ibn Abu’l-Huqayq

The events surrounding the death of Sallam are interesting. Two tribes were competing with one another to see who could do the most for Muhammad:

One of the things which God did for His apostle was that these two tribes of the Ansar, Aus and Khazraj, competed the one with the other like two stallions: if Aus did anything to the apostle’s advantage Khazraj would say, “They shall not have this superiority over us in the apostle’s eyes and in Islam” and they would not rest until they could do something similar.[19]

The men of Aus had received the honor of assassinating Ka’b bin al-Ashraf, so the men of Khazraj longed to boast of a similar achievement. Hence, they went to Muhammad and asked for permission to murder Sallam Ibn Abu’l-Huqayq, and Muhammad granted their request.

When they got to Khaybar they went to Sallam’s house by night, having locked every door in the settlement on the inhabitants. Now he was in an upper chamber of his to which a ladder led up. They mounted this until they came to the door and asked to be allowed to come in. His wife came out and asked who they were and they told her that they were Arabs in search of supplies. She told them that their man was here and that they could come in. When we entered we bolted the door of the room on her and ourselves fearing lest something should come between us and him. His wife shrieked and warned him of us, so we ran at him with our swords as he was on his bed. . . . When we had smitten him with our swords Abdullah bin Unays bore down with his sword into his belly until it went right through him.”[20]

The Case of Kinana bin al-Rabi

Muhammad and his men conquered a town called Khaybar and distributed its riches and women among themselves.[21] They captured Kinana bin al-Rabi, who was in charge of the treasure of one of the conquered tribes. Muhammad demanded the treasure, but Kinana refused to tell him where it was hidden.

When [Muhammad] asked him about the rest he refused to produce it, so the apostle gave orders to al-Zubayr bin al-Awwam, “Torture him until you extract what he has,” so he kindled a fire with flint and steel on his chest until he was nearly dead. Then the apostle delivered him to Muhammad bin Maslama and he struck off his head, in revenge for his brother Mahmud [who had been killed in battle while conquering the town].[22]

The Case of an Anonymous One-Eyed Shepherd

After failing at one of their assassination attempts, some Muslims were returning to Muhammad when one of them, an assassin named Amr, went into a cave. He soon encountered a one-eyed shepherd driving a sheep. The one-eyed man laid beside Amr (not realizing that he was a Muslim) and began to sing:

I won’t be a Muslim as long as I live,

Nor heed to their religion give.[24]

Amr didn’t miss his chance to kill an infidel:

I said (to myself), “You will soon know!” and as soon as the badu was asleep and snoring I got up and killed him in a more horrible way than any man has been killed. I put the end of my bow in his sound eye, then I bore down on it until I forced it out at the back of his neck.[25]

A couple of other people were killed during this failed expedition, yet when Amr reported the details to Muhammad, the Prophet blessed him for his work.[26]

The Case of Abu Afak

Abu Afak, saddened because Muhammad had killed someone named al-Harith, composed the following song in memory of the departed:

Long have I lived but never have I seen

An assembly or collection of people

More faithful to their undertaking

And their allies when called upon

Than the sons of Qayla when they assembled,

Men who overthrew mountains and never submitted.

A rider who came to them split them in two (saying)

‘Permitted’, ‘Forbidden’ of all sorts of things.

Had you believed in glory or kingship

You would have followed Tubba.[27]

These words were too much for Muhammad to bear, so the Prophet of Islam flew into a rage that ended with the death of Abu Afak.[28]

The Case of Asma

A woman named Asma (who had five sons) was appalled at the murder of Abu Afak, so she wrote a poem against the Muslims in retaliation. Ibn Ishaq relates the account of what followed:

When the apostle heard what she had said he said, “Who will rid me of Marwan’s daughter?” Umayr bin Adiy al-Khatmi who was with him heard him, and that very night he went to her house and killed her. In the morning he came to the apostle and told him what he had done and he said, “You have helped God and His apostle, O Umayr!” When he asked if he would have to bear any evil consequences the apostle said, “Two goats won’t butt their heads about her,” so Umayr went back to his people.[29]

The Case of Abdullah bin Khatal and His Two Singing Girls

Abdullah bin Khatal was a Muslim who later apostatized. He had two singing girls who sang satirical songs about the Prophet. As soon as Muhammad had the power, he ordered that all three be killed. Abdullah was killed by two Muslims. One of the singing girls was killed. The other was later given immunity, for unknown reasons.[30]

The Case of al-Huwayrith

All that is known of al-Huwayrith is that he insulted Muhammad, that Muhammad demanded he be killed, and that Ali carried out Muhammad’s wishes.[31]

The Case of Sara, a Freed Slave

Sara was a freed slave who had insulted Muhammad in Mecca. Muhammad commanded his men to kill her wherever they find her. She was eventually found and trampled to death by a mounted soldier.[32]

Assessment

Muhammad ordered the murders of numerous people, often because they had insulted him years earlier or written poems against Islam, and he permitted lying as long as it would lead to the deaths of his enemies. He also commanded that apostates be killed.[33] Muhammad’s followers murdered both men and women, including a blind man, and they beheaded hundreds of Jews who had surrendered to the Muslims.

Of course, these assassinations and executions do not necessitate the conclusion that Muhammad was a bloodthirsty tyrant, as is often claimed about him in Christian and Jewish writings. As I have previously stated, Muhammad also performed many kind and noble deeds, and he forgave many who fought against him. However, while Muhammad probably wasn’t as bad as some of his critics now claim, neither was he nearly as good as his admirers claim. As Thomas Lippman has noted,

It seems safe to say that Muhammad was sincere, dedicated, courageous, generous, compassionate, and committed to social justice and reform. The uncritical admiration of him that one hears from ordinary Muslims, however, overlooks the evidence that the Prophet was also sometimes vengeful, spiteful, and duplicitous. He was, after all, human and ambitious too.[34]

The completely gentle, infinitely forgiving, perfectly merciful Prophet who is proclaimed in Muslim writings simply never existed. The historical Muhammad bears more resemblance to the above passage from Lippman. Yet if Muslims truly believe that Muhammad was the most wonderful moral example in history, they should embrace all of his actions, not just the ones that fit in with the Christian morality that has been advanced in the West. In Islamic thought, Muhammad is the standard with which everyone else is to be compared; that is, whatever Muhammad did is, by definition, moral. If another standard of comparison is introduced, Islamic belief falls to pieces. For instance, when Muslims try so desperately to explain away Muhammad’s atrocities, they are attempting to show that Muhammad fits in with Christian moral standards. But such an attempt is absurd. Muhammad killed countless people (torturing many of them), robbed people, married thirteen women (one of them a juvenile), took part in the slave trade, and permitted women to be beaten by their husbands.[35] When he is judged by the standards laid down by Jesus, Muhammad fails miserably. Thus, when Muslims find themselves defending the moral character of Muhammad, they may be doing so because they find the moral standards of Jesus more compelling than the moral standards of Muhammad, and they may be consciously or unconsciously trying to replace the spotted life of Muhammad with the spotless life of Jesus. If so, it is time for Muslims to look to a different messenger, one who is truly worthy of our admiration, praise, reverence, and worship.

Notes:

With all these lies and misinterpretations you put up as facts, do you know that NOBODY could be as just as PROPHET MUHAMMED in the history of mankind?

That is why he will be the only one with exclusive priviledge to intercede for all the mankind including you, asking ALLAH to judge us all on that day.

And I swear by ALLAH who owns my life that JESUS will deny you on that day except you stop being senseless and worship one and only GOD who is ALLAH in leu of ordinary mortal being the PROPHET JESUS.

This is my message to you this morning.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by okunoba(m): 5:43am On Sep 15, 2012
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by LordBabs(m): 5:44am On Sep 15, 2012
₹ smoking pipe₹ accompanied by Toccata and Fugue all the way~~^^~~
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by kraizybone(m): 5:56am On Sep 15, 2012
inurmind: @Nairaface
This is how suicide bombing starts. Some reveled, supposed to be more knowledgeable person claims to love God so much to want to die for God. Nothing wrong with that really if you are fed up with your life, but why do they always take unwilling passengers on their sick journey? So what if someone calls your prophet names you disagree with? I would think the saner recourse is to either refute it or say the same about the person's faith. Not prove them right by exhibiting the evil ways you are accused of. All these sick extremists on both sides! Especially on the Muslim side.

And this talk about religion of peace. Certainly not as it is practiced around the world. What peace loving person kills someone for either not believing what he believes or speaking against it? Sounds to me as a scheme to prevent people from boldly talking about the inconsistencies, archaic and anti-others in the religion. After all, if people can talk about it, there is a chance that as more get educated, they'll deviate from the religion or do away with its vices.

God wouldn't need mere mortals to kill for him if he were bloodthirsty!!!

I couldn't have said it better.
Indeed. Well spoken like an intellectual, one whose reasoning has risen above religious fanaticism. We need thinkers like you in this sh!t hole of a country, not all these zombified simpletons whose gullible minds holds nothing positive of its own any longer safe for the residuals of extreme religious dogmatism deposited by the so called acclaimed 'religious leaders'.
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 6:10am On Sep 15, 2012
cheddarking: What I don't understand is where these Muslims get the American flag to burn... undecided undecided

Is there a Muslim that 'sews' the American flag for the sole purpose of burning it?

Or is there one Igbo boy importing and exporting American flags to angry Muslims world wide?

I can imagine Chinedu hawking his flags in the riot.."Buy ya American flag hia...e dey burn well well...buy 1 get matches free" grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by hubreality(m): 6:22am On Sep 15, 2012
Religion is the worst man made disease to humanity

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by Nobody: 6:31am On Sep 15, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

I just hope those trigger happy Nigerian soldiers did not kill anyone. People should be allowed to protest as long as they don't harm other innocent citizens who are just passing by or minding their own business.
u are a big fool...if this peaceful protest is allowed it will turn into a riot wher thousands will be killd then u wil open ur dirty mouth to say where is the police nd soldiers thy are only gud at collectin 20? ...u cant even commend them for their quick responce....similar protest lik dis resultd in thousands being killd...u knw ur follow hausas
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by Greatfuture: 6:38am On Sep 15, 2012
i was born in kano,have witnessed several religious riot from the time of mai tasine as a little child to date and seen christians and non hausa slaughtered in their numbers,same goes for other northern states.Other countries other religion beam the action of this religion.And yet some one will tell me its a religion of peace.Your Allah must be a weakling that cannot help himself and needs your help.
Over time the christianity and its people has been mocked,rubbished and insulted but i have not seen chhristians destroying life to fight for God,rather they have left all to God who oversees all.Muslims life is sacred,stop sucking Human blood.
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by jasmine21(f): 6:38am On Sep 15, 2012
Y should the muslims be allowed to protest? Especially in such a sensitive state like Jos? Abeg I like d soldiers wey scatter them jare make all of dem go house! Those Northerners r a major reason y we haven't moved forward in dis country.

Religion of peace kor. Shior!
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by infolekan(m): 6:42am On Sep 15, 2012
olat4cash: Firstly Islam is not a religion of Peace as some Muslim proclaim.it is the religion of submissions and from dat peace will come.

This movie "Innocence of Muslims" about which my heart and tongue have no strength to convey to you all what insults and slanders they have borne on the Beloved Prophet Muhammad(peace and blessings of the Almighty be upon him and his pure progeny),is nothing more than a Media War,a Stone thrown at Muslims,an attempt to agitate Muslims,a Mockery to cause Muslims to become violent,A Socially engineered switch which has been timely activated on September the 11th 2012 to achieve calculated results at the International Social Stage,a win-win situation for the enemies:To portray Muslims as Violent,and/or to slander and defame and mock Islam.

So protest peacefully,although hearts are enraged and fists clenched,grit your teeth and bear it patiently,and punish not anyone except the aggressor who made this film,who promoted this film,and who conspired at its centre.
And your Lord is Mighty,The Lord of Retribution. "Innocence of Muslim" is a movie written,directed and produced by an American-Isreali called Sam Bacile. He has portray the Prophet Muhammad(SAW) as a child abuser and so many other blasphemous names&character. A'uzubillah. This act must be condemned by all Muslims in d world. May this man and his accomplice never see peace in Their lives ameen. La'anatullahi ILAIHi. Pls BC this is the least you can do.

As for haters of Dis religion German Scholar
Pierre Vogel When He Was Asked About
Islam & Terrorism,He Said:
Who started the First World War ?
Muslims ?
Who started the Second World War ?
Muslims ?
Who Killed About 20 Millions of
Aborigines in Australia ? Muslims ??
Who Destroyed Hiroshima & NagaSaki
with Nuclear Bombs ? Muslims ?
Who Killed More than 100 Millions of
Indians in North Americam ? Muslims ?
Who Killed More than 50 Millions of
Indians in South America ? Muslims ?
Who Took about 180 Millions of African
People as slaves & 88% of Them Died and
Was Thrown in Atlantic Ocean ?
Muslims ?
No,They weren't Muslims at all.
First Of All,You Have To Define Terrorism
Properly...If a Non-Muslim Does
something,It's Crime,But If A Muslim
Does the Same,He is Terrorist !!!
So Go and Remove This Double Standard
and Then Come To The Point.

The part you don't get is that nobody shouts Islam or Muslim normally. So when a man steals a billion here..do you hear anyone talking about his religion? NO.
But when you steal a million or kill two people & the only reason you can give is that you're taking it from the infidel as a good muslim....so you think that person shouldn't be tagged as a religious bigot?
Americans dint kill the Indians as a religious war & certainly not on religious basis. Did Hitler fight a religious war? The problem is the fact that you can't kill anyone at all under in the name of God(either for God or to protect God) and you'll see ANY christain supporting the person.
Pope John Paul 2 was shot in 1989 by a Turkish Muslim and not one Muslim was killed in retaliation. Even in Islamic countries,people still break the Sharia law knowing that the penalties are stiff. Would it be right to burn down buildings & destroy lives because a 30year old man threw a hand grenade at an american vehicle or Abused God? The issue is to condemn the killing and it is not to expect that people should respect your religion. There are too many people in this world for someone to expect that people should respect their religion-na ur fada get the world? Each to his own opinion
There are over a billion xtians & you think that ther won't one or two who for reasons of his own wouldn't want to forment trouble?
No Muslim would dare to do such because he/she would be totally ignored...& that's what the Muslims should learn to do.
Its like pleading that no one should steal money or commit adultery again.
We all know what obtains even in Sharia Controlled countries.....no amount of laws or killings would stop this. To some people....starting something like this is just fun and rampages & killings would not stop this from repeating itself the same way laws haven't stopped stealing and Adultery even in Sharia states.
Why not go to war & kill everyone whenever anyone of you break ur sharia law....that should even be worse than this video now....this is a case of a muslim who understands the Quran now breaking the word of the prophet that's a direct insult on the prophet of course...you can burn his whole. Family & house if you like mtschewww
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by Wiseoldman: 6:48am On Sep 15, 2012
A late intellectual from osun state Nigeria once said "Religion is a disease of the mind"

Do not be mistaken, I worship my God: but not to the extend of behaving irrationally (either muslim or christian)

...Arabs are particularly infected by the disease in religion...
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by jasmine21(f): 6:50am On Sep 15, 2012
Alaafia l‘oro:

^^^sorry oooo,did u write this in english language or swahili? #just curious#
@op....they should allow ppl to protest once they are not causing any harm.

U know those hausa illiterates can't protest without causing violence. U give them an inch, they go a mile. D soldiers did well by scattering them.
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by odehaj: 6:52am On Sep 15, 2012
@Okunoba;The blood thirty prophet killed people for mocking him during his period using physical means &So initiated his followers to do same. Elijah,a brutal man of God never used physical means when people mocked him. Let Mohammad wake up and try it now if he won't be arrested,prosecuted by ICC &executed.
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by blackweaver(m): 6:57am On Sep 15, 2012
Ok so an american who may or may not be a christian makes a video that they find insulting and then they go about harassing everyone else? Thats ridiculous; if someone insults you or your parents you confront the person, you don't go about attacking people of his tribe or race, or what does being an american or non muslim have to do with the fact that some idiot somewhere made a silly video?
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by ektbear: 6:58am On Sep 15, 2012
Wise_old_man: A late intellectual from osun state Nigeria once said "Religion is a disease of the mind"

Do not be mistaken, I worship my God: but not to the extend of behaving irrationally (either muslim or christian)

...Arabs are particularly infected by the disease in religion...

Meh. Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism and Chinese/Japanese traditionalists don't particularly seem mentally diseased to me. Let us call a spade a spade...there is one religion that is evil. The rest aren't too bad.
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by kheart(m): 7:01am On Sep 15, 2012
God pass devil.
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by Yahoo1(m): 7:02am On Sep 15, 2012
alaoeri: But to be sincere why are non muslim producing such thing to intimidate muslims, this ain't the 1st, 2nd or 3rd time & they know what its all result to. Unlike xtians, muslims doesn't like someone mocking their religion then why not desist from the act for peace to reign.
$illy comment,
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by Dawdy(m): 7:09am On Sep 15, 2012
what did you bigot silly say when
America started killing innocent
children and women in afghanistan
in the name of looking for
Alqaeda? What did U say when
America killed innocent pple in Iraq?
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by odehaj: 7:12am On Sep 15, 2012
blackweaver: Ok so an american who may or may not be a christian makes a video that they find insulting and then they go about harassing everyone else? Thats ridiculous; if someone insults you or your parents you confront the person, you don't go about attacking people of his tribe or race, or what does being an american or non muslim have to do with the fact that some idiot somewhere made a silly video?
Like the Americans would say,'they hate our freedom'.Islam is threatened by America which of course are mostly Israelis...Like I said before Let Mohammad wake up now and kill anybody in d name of 'mocking him'he would be arrested and judged&hanged until he dies again NONESENSE.
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by vanstanzy(m): 7:18am On Sep 15, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

I just hope those trigger happy Nigerian soldiers did not kill anyone. People should be allowed to protest as long as they don't harm other innocent citizens who are just passing by or minding their own business.

My friend any where a riot of this magnitude takes place be ready to count casualties. Most esp. when it concern blood-thirsty muslim youths. If allowed, it wld only be a matter of second before we start counting dead bodies.
The soldiers did the best thing by dispersing those scoundrels. But rubber bullets are best and not live ammo.
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by searay(m): 7:19am On Sep 15, 2012
I blame the sodiers for not killing those terrorist in the first instance.
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by Pgent1(m): 7:21am On Sep 15, 2012
Callotti: I am sure ALL the protesters never even watched the movie.
Bungling, demi-illiterates! grin
as if u know wat's on my mind,people wey never browse b4 talkless of watching a video on youtubes
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by gudnex22(m): 7:21am On Sep 15, 2012
[quote author=muslims doesn't like someone mocking their religion then why not desist from the act for peace to reign.[/quote]
BUT THEY LIKE MOCKING ANOTHER RELIGION EXPECIALLY XTAIN. To hell with them.
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 15, 2012
Religion has robbed many people of the ability to completely think with their brain and has bestowed on them a weakened reasoning. Does the mockery of Muhammed justify the killing of innocent people? Would Muhammed himself have done that were he to be alive?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Igbana Denen Shot Dead (Ortom's SSA) / IGP Adamu Seeks N24.8bn To Fuel Vehicles, Motorcycles / Villagers In Adamawa Repair Bridge Damaged By Boko Haram (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.