Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,499 members, 7,836,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters (26476 Views)

Police Use Live Bullets To Disperse Protesting Youths In Kaduna. (photos) / Soldiers Open Fire On Borno Governor’s Convoy In Error / Soldiers Shoot To Disperse 'occupy' Protesters In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by ArQueBusieR(m): 11:40pm On Sep 14, 2012
The West should have left the dictators alone.
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by ArQueBusieR(m): 11:42pm On Sep 14, 2012
cheddarking: What I don't understand is where these Muslims get the American flag to burn... undecided undecided

Is there a Muslim that 'sews' the American flag for the sole purpose of burning it?

Or is there one Igbo boy importing and exporting American flags to angry Muslims world wide?

I can imagine Chinedu hawking his flags in the riot.."Buy ya American flag hia...e dey burn well well...buy 1 get matches free" grin grin grin
lol

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by Princesaha: 11:42pm On Sep 14, 2012
Its already hot in afghanistan. Several Us marines had been killed by dis followers of a dead god. Lets watch and c who will have d last laff. Next dey will start crying foul dat Us are killin dem unjustly. D next few days or weeks will tell.
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by oradee: 11:45pm On Sep 14, 2012
oradee: Truth is i wldnt be surprised if a Muslim hiding behind the I.D of an Islamic-Jew sponsored the movie...
If some northerners cld sponsor Boko Haram, believe me they cld be behind the movie..
they obviously love violence

Jasboi:

im sorry to ask,buh is dis rilly how u think? undecided undecided

is the thought far fetched?
werent we all shocked to know BH was sponsored by fellow muslims to instigate and equip them for violence...
When suicide bomboimg started,werent we shocked to know they cld strap themselves to kill themselves?
werent we shocked When Abdulmutallab nearly blew up Delta airline cos he was brainwashed by muslim fanatics...
...dont be quick to make conclusions (theres always a possibility).
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by fittty(m): 11:46pm On Sep 14, 2012
BREAKING NEWS!!!!

2 Marines killed in attack in southern Afghanistan
At least two have been killed after an attack was launched on the US base neighbouring Camp Bastion in Helmand province, Afghanistan, close to where British troops – including Prince Harry – are based.

It is understood that the firefight involved American soldiers and not British forces. Prince Harry, who was deployed recently, is not believed to be affected. US officials told the Reuters news agency at least two US marines had been killed in a "complex" Taliban attack.

The coalition base comprises the British Camp Bastion and the American Camp Leatherneck, and accommodates more than 21,000 people.

Camp Leatherneck itself, which was built to cope with the extra US troops, measures 13 sq miles. British troops are understood to provide security for the main runway on the American camp.

Rockets and mortar were fired from outside, damaging buildings and aircraft. As well as the deaths, a number have been reported killed.

The forces said Bastion had not been breached.

A Ministry of Defence spokesman said: "The MoD is aware of an incident that has taken place at Bastion this evening.

"The incident is being dealt with."

It is the most serious attack on Bastion. Earlier this year, an Afghan worker made an attempt on the life of US defence secretary Leon Panetta by driving at his place as he landed at Camp Bastion.

The car burst into glames as it drove towards a welcoming committee, injuring a British serviceman.

The fighting broke out after protests swept the Middle East over an amateur film that mocked Islam. Western embassies in Libya, Egypt and Sudan were among those that were raided and looted.

Meanwhile, an insurgent negotiator warned Afghanistan faced civil war when American troops leave the country.

Ghairat Baheer, a senior figure in Hizb-i-Islami, who has held three meetings with US officials in Kabul, said the withdrawal of US combat troops by the end of 2014 would leave Afghan forces ill-equipped to withstand the combined threat of insurgent groups.

However, earlier this week, Philip Hammond, the Defence secretary visited British troops in Afghanistan and revealed a sea change in the approach to the withdrawal taken by military commanders.

He said the Afghan forces had taken control more readily than had been expected.

"I think there is a bit of a rethinking going on about how many troops we do actually need,” he said, speaking in an interview with the Guardian.

“There may be some scope for a little bit more flexibility on the way we draw down, and that is something commanders on the ground are looking at very actively."

Prince Harry is currently on duty as an Apache helicopter pilot in Camp Bastion after his deployment was revealed last week.

The Taliban dismissed his role as a propaganda stunt and claimed he was there to "atone" for the embarrassment caused by leaked pictures of him Unclad in a Las Vegas hotel room.

Zabiullah Mujahid, a spokesman for the insurgents, said: "The British Army is under pressure, just like the other forces in Afghanistan, and Britain wants to encourage its soldiers with such actions.

"And also the Prince was seen in Unclad pictures in England. To cover this shame, maybe he can atone by showing that he is fighting beside their soldiers in Afghanistan."

"The British haven't been able to do anything here in Afghanistan with all their soldiers. They can't do anything with their Prince here either," Mujahid added.
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by oradee: 11:50pm On Sep 14, 2012
cheddarking: What I don't understand is where these Muslims get the American flag to burn... undecided undecided

Is there a Muslim that 'sews' the American flag for the sole purpose of burning it?

Or is there one Igbo boy importing and exporting American flags to angry Muslims world wide?

I can imagine Chinedu hawking his flags in the riot.."Buy ya American flag hia...e dey burn well well...buy 1 get matches free" grin grin grin

grin grin grin
They better bring the pirated version of the movie o...Thunder wld burn any lipsrsealed that sells the movie for money except the igbos!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by dtwsola(m): 11:51pm On Sep 14, 2012

grin
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by onyeego(m): 12:01am On Sep 15, 2012
Choi! See wetin Abraham cause oooo,
If to say him no bleep d slave girl Hagai wey born Ishmael we for dey in peace.
Why him no use condom naaaa?

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by bigboy3: 12:02am On Sep 15, 2012
Wadasco: @calloti I don't think ur right about what you just say, cos if where ur holly prophet repotetly made fun of can you wait for a copy? After it was confirm

As you be zombie......kill yourself for nothing....
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by bunmikay(f): 12:02am On Sep 15, 2012
Ofcourse most of dem havnt even watched d movie infact if not because d libyans reacted dis ones here wld not even knw der was a film.religion of peace my foot wen dey r d root of most of d problems we hav.fine I agree dat it was wrong 2 hav done dat movie bt hw does killin innocent pple make it any beta.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by Damon03(m): 12:03am On Sep 15, 2012
Let's be reasonable here, I noticed on the first page that any post against the protesting youths or islam generally gets an outrageous number of 'likes' (so I jumped to the reply section), I understand that nigeria has a serious religious problem (quite an understatement maybe) especially with the boko stuff, but thats nt enough reason why threads that can stir up arguements and encourage division to always make the frontpage (like the igbo vs yoruba ones?) . Pple have right to protest although in this case they were wrong cos there's already a law that prohibits protest in Jos( or so they say). So I dont see the reason why a melee should be the next thing on our agenda. If pple made a movie depicting ur God or prophet in a bad way u'll probably react in a worse way (bloody hypocrites). Most of you only know how to protest or abuse while u neglet all the laws set by ur various religions. Bunch of fo0ls.

If u have a problem digesting that then go Bleep urself

*unfollows thread*
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by Nobody: 12:06am On Sep 15, 2012
dayokanu:

Hindus worship cows and its a sin to kill cows in their religion.

Have you googled to find how Moslems deliberately kill cows to provoke them?
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by Nobody: 12:08am On Sep 15, 2012
Nairaface:
This is how suicide bombing starts. Some reveled, supposed to be more knowledgeable person claims to love God so much to want to die for God. Nothing wrong with that really if you are fed up with your life, but why do they always take unwilling passengers on their sick journey? So what if someone calls your prophet names you disagree with? I would think the saner recourse is to either refute it or say the same about the person's faith. Not prove them right by exhibiting the evil ways you are accused of. All these sick extremists on both sides! Especially on the Muslim side.

And this talk about religion of peace. Certainly not as it is practiced around the world. What peace loving person kills someone for either not believing what he believes or speaking against it? Sounds to me as a scheme to prevent people from boldly talking about the inconsistencies, archaic and anti-others in the religion. After all, if people can talk about it, there is a chance that as more get educated, they'll deviate from the religion or do away with its vices.

God wouldn't need mere mortals to kill for him if he were bloodthirsty!!!

I couldn't have said it better.
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by odizzy: 12:11am On Sep 15, 2012
Islamic means violence violence violence, mention 1 or 2 islamic country were there is no crises n violence, to hell wit dia so called prophet mohamade if daz wot he thought dem. I have seen a video clip which was produced by thesame foolish americans making mockery of Jesus christ, did christains protest or cause any violence? NO. Am sick n tired of all dis useless muslims killin dia sefs n re still expectin ppl to respect dem. Nonsence religion.
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by Nobody: 12:21am On Sep 15, 2012

now you got me falling off my bed! Lol!
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by deluckiest(m): 12:28am On Sep 15, 2012
grin grin grin grin[quote author=djmally][/quote]
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:29am On Sep 15, 2012
The mods here must be extremist for removing my post.....

Murder
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by kmzee(m): 12:29am On Sep 15, 2012
I think our people( particularly northern muslims ) are still fooling themselves. Please can any of the
rioters tell us the title of the offensive movie.As said no persons or group in MECCA protested b'cos they more enlightened than the goats(Akuya)we have and are ever ready 2 disturb peace
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by druid06(m): 12:48am On Sep 15, 2012
Yeah, and they say Islam is a religion of peace. Religion of peace my a$$.
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by ektbear: 12:51am On Sep 15, 2012
Why is it that everywhere in the world where islam is a strong force, there is chaos, unhappiness, strife and poverty?

Always wahala with this particular religion

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by ndukwejoe(m): 1:13am On Sep 15, 2012
Why are you sounding like this "ayibo feoful i say my borother frofet i be thip kidnafa ,whether i wasam or i no wasam i no one know , shekina"
Callotti: I am sure ALL the protesters never even watched the movie.
Bungling, demi-illiterates! grin
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by franksunny(m): 1:46am On Sep 15, 2012
hope the movie has entered the market for multiple piracy.many want to view
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by Dazl(f): 1:47am On Sep 15, 2012
No one is saying anything about the americans.why insult a public figure.they cant make degrading movies of Abraham or Obama bt can walk away with insulting a belived prophet of God...we africans are ready to take shit
violence is bad,bt respect a felo humans blif nd he'l gat no need 4 it
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by kusugh: 2:25am On Sep 15, 2012
Nebeuwa: "Religion is the opiate of the masses." ~Karl Marx
"Religion is the opium of the masses."Not opiate.
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by dtwsola(m): 3:01am On Sep 15, 2012
Dazl: No one is saying anything about the americans.why insult a public figure.they cant make degrading movies of Abraham or Obama bt can walk away with insulting a belived prophet of God...we africans are ready to take shit
violence is bad,bt respect a felo humans blif nd he'l gat no need 4 it

What Americans? Why are you posting such nonsense. Americans did not join together and co-opt to make a film about Mohammed. This was the action of one obscure fellow, who as it turns out is actually an Egyptian Christian, residing in the US. That man is guaranteed his freedom of speech in the U.S. If the Arabic Muslims brains are too undeveloped to understand that and they wan't to continue to be violent barbarians, how is this America's fault? And there have been plenty of degrading books and films about both Christianity and Obama. Sounds like you really are just talking about matters you know nothing about.
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by easyfem(m): 3:24am On Sep 15, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

I just hope those trigger happy Nigerian soldiers did not kill anyone. People should be allowed to protest as long as they don't harm other innocent citizens who are just passing by or minding their own business.
I don't really get U̶̲̥̅̊ , wen pple are alow which can lead to killing innocent again... Let me guess, U̶̲̥̅̊ most b muslim
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by easyfem(m): 3:31am On Sep 15, 2012
is muhamed proud of this ?....muslim shud answer d question pls
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by tnktosin(m): 3:40am On Sep 15, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

I just hope those trigger happy Nigerian soldiers did not kill anyone. People should be allowed to protest as long as they don't harm other innocent citizens who are just passing by or minding their own business.
Allowed to protest ke.. they should start killing christians again b4 they're dispersed shey? Besides i've never heard of any peaceful protests in Islam.
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by olat4cash(m): 4:01am On Sep 15, 2012
Firstly Islam is not a religion of Peace as some Muslim proclaim.it is the religion of submissions and from dat peace will come.

This movie "Innocence of Muslims" about which my heart and tongue have no strength to convey to you all what insults and slanders they have borne on the Beloved Prophet Muhammad(peace and blessings of the Almighty be upon him and his pure progeny),is nothing more than a Media War,a Stone thrown at Muslims,an attempt to agitate Muslims,a Mockery to cause Muslims to become violent,A Socially engineered switch which has been timely activated on September the 11th 2012 to achieve calculated results at the International Social Stage,a win-win situation for the enemies:To portray Muslims as Violent,and/or to slander and defame and mock Islam.

So protest peacefully,although hearts are enraged and fists clenched,grit your teeth and bear it patiently,and punish not anyone except the aggressor who made this film,who promoted this film,and who conspired at its centre.
And your Lord is Mighty,The Lord of Retribution. "Innocence of Muslim" is a movie written,directed and produced by an American-Isreali called Sam Bacile. He has portray the Prophet Muhammad(SAW) as a child abuser and so many other blasphemous names&character. A'uzubillah. This act must be condemned by all Muslims in d world. May this man and his accomplice never see peace in Their lives ameen. La'anatullahi ILAIHi. Pls BC this is the least you can do.

As for haters of Dis religion German Scholar
Pierre Vogel When He Was Asked About
Islam & Terrorism,He Said:
Who started the First World War ?
Muslims ?
Who started the Second World War ?
Muslims ?
Who Killed About 20 Millions of
Aborigines in Australia ? Muslims ??
Who Destroyed Hiroshima & NagaSaki
with Nuclear Bombs ? Muslims ?
Who Killed More than 100 Millions of
Indians in North Americam ? Muslims ?
Who Killed More than 50 Millions of
Indians in South America ? Muslims ?
Who Took about 180 Millions of African
People as slaves & 88% of Them Died and
Was Thrown in Atlantic Ocean ?
Muslims ?
No,They weren't Muslims at all.
First Of All,You Have To Define Terrorism
Properly...If a Non-Muslim Does
something,It's Crime,But If A Muslim
Does the Same,He is Terrorist !!!
So Go and Remove This Double Standard
and Then Come To The Point.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by TerryCarr(m): 4:07am On Sep 15, 2012
erico2k2: Dumb ass people, why aint there no protest in their Holly land MECA??/
the Saudis well beat that A$$ if they do grin and plus they are a lot more "civil" then the others along with the UAE, Oman, Qatar and other rich developed Arab states smiley
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by ciphoenix: 4:23am On Sep 15, 2012

grin grin grin
Re: Soldiers Open Fire To Disperse Jos Protesters by Nobody: 4:30am On Sep 15, 2012

ROTFL!!!

Cheiiii!! grin grin grin grin The Igbo boy is prolly Okija_Juju grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

My Academic Certificates Are With The Military - Buhari to INEC (But: Why?) / A Dog Named Buhari And A Hippo Named Patience By Reno Omokri / Npdp May Defect To PDP This Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.