Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,546 members, 7,837,095 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1847817 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 5:18pm On Oct 16, 2012
[quote author=Nonleviki][/quote]
in ur first year,one of the courses u do is physics...the same way in ur 5th year u do a course called obsteritrics and gynaecology..o&g....i was calling the clinical students because is dia course
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 6:07am On Oct 17, 2012
I wanna use this forum to say a very big congrats to the batch B medical graduands of unilorin, as they are inducted into the medical profession!!!

Cosmos, qamarudeen, hidayat, sola shittu, segun jenyo, etc...... May the Good Lord continue to bless all of u as u step into the real world of doctorhood!!!!

And to us who are still in the struggle, by God's grace, we shall all make it to the finish line...

Pro deos, pro unitate, pro partia!!!!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 17, 2012
Lagusta: I wanna use this forum to say a very big congrats to the batch B medical graduands of unilorin, as they are inducted into the medical profession!!!

Cosmos, qamarudeen, hidayat, sola shittu, segun jenyo, etc...... May the Good Lord continue to bless all of u as u step into the real world of doctorhood!!!!

And to us who are still in the struggle, by God's grace, we shall all make it to the finish line...

Amin.. Amin.. Amin... How are you holding up sir?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yinkhar(f): 7:44am On Oct 17, 2012
Lagusta: I wanna use this forum to say a very big congrats to the batch B medical graduands of unilorin, as they are inducted into the medical profession!!!

congrat to them,i knw shola shittu,shout out to him
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 9:43am On Oct 17, 2012
Has any1 heard of ALUUmatitis ? A 2nd degree burn due to an acute inflammation of the skin with severe fistulas when lynched by an ALUU indigene. Dr. Gboy says so wink

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 17, 2012
Dr.Gboy:
Has any1 heard of ALUUmatitis ? A 2nd degree burn due to an acute inflammation of the skin with severe fistulas when lynched by an ALUU indigene. Dr. Gboy says so wink

None.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 17, 2012
Dr.Gboy:
its amazing u know about fistulas already, n u r a fresher. But fistulas are not from burning sha, they are mostly congenital
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 4:18pm On Oct 17, 2012
toyingbad: its amazing u know about fistulas already, n u r a fresher. But fistulas are not from burning sha, they are mostly congenital

Not all are congenital... The vesicovaginal fistula (VVF) is usually caused by trauma, obstructed labour and gishiri cuts!!!!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 7:02pm On Oct 17, 2012
Dr.Gboy:
that doesn't make sense to me..no offence
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 7:04pm On Oct 17, 2012
toyingbad: its amazing u know about fistulas already, n u r a fresher. But fistulas are not from burning sha, they are mostly congenital
you are right Mr Toyingbad..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DeeDok: 7:35pm On Oct 17, 2012
Am a 400L medical student of imo state university,the journey of been a Dr is so rugged,competitive nd tough but at last u smile nd say it all worth it.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 9:07pm On Oct 17, 2012
O.M.E:
that doesn't make sense to me..no offence
even though it doesn't make sense to u, i just wantd to ease off d tension on dis thread a while ago when kadata and oluwafolabi were showing there mettle, though i enjoyd their argument,it wz kind of interesting....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 10:54pm On Oct 17, 2012
Dr.Gboy:
hahahahahahaha
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by glowin2shyn(f): 10:55pm On Oct 17, 2012
DeeDok: Am a 400L medical student of imo state university,the journey of been a Dr is so rugged,competitive nd tough but at last u smile nd say it all worth it.
ur welkum,Dr.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sportyblinks: 11:27pm On Oct 17, 2012
Shout out 2 al medics in da buildin....plz, we fresherz nid ur asistnce 2 also kip us goin in d jeni.....it wud b of gr8 joy if u cud share ur network i.d wt us 4 guidnce nd any oda info......especialy 2go usernames....tnx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 10:21am On Oct 18, 2012
Now, what's the difference between a fistula and a fissure.....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 11:03am On Oct 18, 2012
Lagusta: Now, what's the difference between a fistula and a fissure.....

a fistula is an abnormal passage from an hollow organ or abscess to the body surface, while a fissure is a slit or break in a tissue usually at the junction between the skin and mucous membranes.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 3:56pm On Oct 18, 2012
Thank Jehovah....am through with physiology today....anatomy on monday....God see me 2ru...so wassup peeps?...medics?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ImmaOla: 4:51pm On Oct 18, 2012
Which books do you recommend for mbbs first year student
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ImmaOla: 5:59pm On Oct 18, 2012
@alutacontinua
Pls which school are you at Dominica, because I also gained admission into a Caribbean medical school against next year Jan. Are you on any media through which we could communicate like 2go, bbm or whatsapp. Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 18, 2012
!ImmaOla,
I'm not on any of dose. I'm on skype, though.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gerrard59(m): 7:12am On Oct 19, 2012
[/color] Hi Folks, have been following this thread right from the onset,thanks to Dr.Lagusta.

Sir Lagusta, i would like it if you can elucidate for me- Anatomy,Microbio,Biochem and Pharmacy as courses. Thanks in advance

Btw,i added yu on 2go.

Thanks once a again.[color=#000099]
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 7:44am On Oct 19, 2012
Gerrard59: [/color] Hi Folks, have been following this thread right from the onset,thanks to Dr.Lagusta.

Sir Lagusta, i would like it if you can elucidate for me- Anatomy,Microbio,Biochem and Pharmacy as courses. Thanks in advance

Btw,i added yu on 2go.

Thanks once a again.[color=#000099]

Yeah, these subjects are really simple to elucidate:

Anatomy deals with the structure of the human body, the study of muscles, bones, blood vessels, nerves and other organs, both the macro and the microscopic view. It is divided into gross anatomy (macroscopic anatomy), histology (microscopic anatomy, tissue level) cytology (microscopic anatomy, cellular level) and embryology (developmental anatomy, from the zygote to the neonate)

Physiology deals with the function of the human body. It entails how all body organs and systems function and work together in harmony!

Biochemistry deals with the chemical components of the human body, and all the basic body chemical reactions that occur everyday of our lives!!

Now I don't kno whether u are referring to pharmacy or pharmacology...
Pharmacy deals with the production, administration and control of drugs..
Pharmacology however is the study of the chemistry of drugs, how it is absorbed by the body, distributed, metabolized and eliminated or excreted. It also deals with the effect of the body on the drug, and the effect of the drug on the body.

One of my best subjects in medical school was pharmacology, cos without it, you will just be giving all sorts of drugs to the wrong people at the wrong time!!!

8 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gerrard59(m): 12:34pm On Oct 19, 2012
[/color]Thanks very much esp for the anatomy part, God bless.

The prospects,cos most folks complain about the irrelevance of Anatomy and also Micro biology in the today's world.

Also, the requirements,years,cost e.t.c it takes to study a course like for example Anatomy.
Is it {Anatomy,based on yur elucidation} similar to Med & surg.

I hope am not asking too much question.[color=#000099]
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 1:31pm On Oct 19, 2012
Gerrard59: [/color]Thanks very much esp for the anatomy part, God bless.

The prospects,cos most folks complain about the irrelevance of Anatomy and also Micro biology in the today's world.

Also, the requirements,years,cost e.t.c it takes to study a course like for example Anatomy.
Is it {Anatomy,based on yur elucidation} similar to Med & surg.

I hope am not asking too much question.[color=#000099]

Nobody can ask me too many questions, cos I love giving too many answers....

Who says those courses are irrelevant to today's world?? All are still relevant. Stem cell technology started from anatomists, what of gene therapy, teratology (study of adverse effects of drugs on the unborn child) and so on.... A good knowledge of anatomy guides the surgeon on different blood vessels and nerves before undertaking any surgery,,,

Sorry I didn't explain microbiology, it deals with the biology of organisms not visible to the naked eye. Medical microbiology deals with those organisms that are important to man's health... So how can this subject also be irrelevant?? Without microbiology, will we kno about HIV/AIDS, SARS, bird flu, tetracycline resistant cholera, etc

Anatomy is the foundation of surgery, physiology is the foundation of medicine...

All courses are for four years, except pharmacy that is 5 years with one year internship

Hop I answered your question!!!!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 6:12am On Oct 20, 2012
Happy weekend folks!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 20, 2012
@Lagusta bro, how are you.. And how is Ilorin this morning?.. @Gerrard59 so have you made your decision will it be microbiology or anatomy??.. Whatever it is your decision is, let it be passion driven.. Your passion will make you read even when you are as tired as a log of wood.
By the way don't allow whatever it is anyone says to affect your orientation about what you desire. In as much as you are fulfilled, the you are good to go.. smiley, its good to have you on this thread too.. wink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:24am On Oct 20, 2012
@oluafolabi, m good ooo, hop u r ok too...

Got weekend calls 2day, no rest 4 docs ooo!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 11:06am On Oct 20, 2012
Now, what is encephalotrigeminalangiomatosis

Dr. Gboy don't talk oooo
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gerrard59(m): 11:51am On Oct 20, 2012
[/color]Thanks @ olufolabi. Am more inclined towards Anatomy as it is more inlinced to med & surg{esp the surg}.

Did put pharmacy dis yr{to some na last yr},my pume would have been good,if not for K MISS 3 embarassed. it just f*cked my plans for this yr.

I do understand that pharmacy invovles more chemistry than Biology[my strength brekete for here wink}. Does Anatomy invovles more Biology than chemistry? Oga lagusta,abeg follow answer.

Dr.Lagusta,thanks for the explication,apt as usual. God bless.[color=#000099]
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gerrard59(m): 12:00pm On Oct 20, 2012
[/color][/i]Dr.Lagusta,though i know not much of it but i understand it means a brain disease,caused by a bacteria and one other way i cant remember{i need a medical dictionary quick}. And it also contains nevrous tissue in the brain{shey i try?}.

Basically,it talks about the Brain. Kai,Biological inclined courses and subjects sweet oh,still remember my B3 in waec{na my score high pass for our sicence class} grin. But Books plenty to buy and most importanly read and understand[color=#000099]
[i]
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 12:39pm On Oct 20, 2012
Lagusta: Now, what is encephalotrigeminalangiomatosis

Dr. Gboy don't talk oooo

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.