Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1847217 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tayyibb(m): 3:00pm On Oct 26, 2012
Lagusta: I just want to wish all my medics a very happy eid el kabir!!! Sorry if I don't drop any sallah meat for u guyz, but jst hav a delusional perception and a visual hallucination about me giving it to u!!!!

HAPPY SALLAH!!!!
Thanks broda.eid-el-mubarak.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gerrard59(m): 8:14am On Oct 27, 2012
Please,what is all about Tele-Medicine?
Heard about it always.
Thanks in advance!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jossyr(m): 11:08pm On Oct 27, 2012
Hi Docs,it luks lyk medical skul in delsu is quite different 4rm others,i'm presently writing my 100L 2nd semester exams.my seniors normally advice us to study beyond our note especially 200L;dat lecturers in d college normally set what the've nt taught
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by godstino(m): 5:51pm On Oct 28, 2012
PLZ BOSS LAGUSTA AND OTHER MEDICALS HERE,WAT ARE D BOOKS A DENTAL STUDENT WUD USE IN D FIRST SEMESTER 100LEVEL OAU 2 BE PRECISE OR ODA SKULS..

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 28, 2012
godstino: PLZ BOSS LAGUSTA AND OTHER MEDICALS HERE,WAT ARE D BOOKS A DENTAL STUDENT WUD USE IN D FIRST SEMESTER 100LEVEL OAU 2 BE PRECISE OR ODA SKULS..

In ur 100 level, u'll be doing general courses like physics, chemistry, zoology, botany, sociology, use of english etc. So, you might just need physics and chemistry textbooks (a little advanced than secondary school stuffs). Ur main dental/medical courses start in 200L.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by godstino(m): 7:12pm On Oct 28, 2012
alutacontinua:

In ur 100 level, u'll be doing general courses like physics, chemistry, zoology, botany, sociology, use of english etc. So, you might just need physics and chemistry textbooks (a little advanced than secondary school stuffs). Ur main dental/medical courses start in 200L.
OK TANZ SIR,HOPE CAMBRIDGE LOW-PRICED EDITION IN PHYSIC,CHEMISTRY N BIOLOGY WUD DO D MAGIC..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by docagba: 8:15pm On Oct 28, 2012
Hi
i am so glad to be here
To feel the presence and learn from like minds
let the discussion continue
stay blessed
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OME1(m): 6:56am On Oct 29, 2012
docagba: Hi
i am so glad to be here
To feel the presence and learn from like minds
let the discussion continue
stay blessed
you are welcome..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Phoenix6278(m): 8:11pm On Oct 31, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

how far,how was ur 2nd semester result? I'm sure u passed successfully. So idi-araba tinz on ur mind ,shey?it is well.
Thnks 4 d books u recommended d other tym.
I've completed 75% of 1st semester syllabus.once again thank u.
Result was good, made a 4.89 this time so I'♏ officially at the college of medicine. Really proud of you, just keep reading,start attempting past questions, attend lectures, keep good friends and manage your time well. Hopefully you will join me here next year. If you encounter challenges along the way just try and reach me, I'll be glad to help. God bless
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ebsuguy(m): 8:48pm On Oct 31, 2012
long time no see....finally through with my exams....so wassup medics?....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 8:50pm On Oct 31, 2012
Phoenix6278:
Result was good, made a 4.89 this time so I'♏ officially at the college of medicine. Really proud of you, just keep reading,start attempting past questions, attend lectures, keep good friends and manage your time well. Hopefully you will join me here next year. If you encounter challenges along the way just try and reach me, I'll be glad to help. God bless

Guy u too much oooo,4.89!!!!
Congrats to u sir, u really slapped that 2nd semester exam across d face.
Thnks 4 d advice,i will not hesistate to call ur attention if i have any difficulty.i'll make sure i try my best to reach 4.89 or even more.
I got sm lil issues i want to clarify,
in ur phys, wz d questions on heat energy difficult? coz that section is smhw complex.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 6:09am On Nov 01, 2012
Lagusta: HI.

I am a final year med student of UNILORIN. I opened this thread cos I noticed there isn't any that is specially for medical students, and I believe this is an opportunity for all docs in the making to meet, chat, share experiences, ask questions, an even make new friends!

Jambitos who wish to study medicine are also welcome...

So, let the clerking and presentation begin!!!!
HI GREAT PEOPLE, AM A MEDIC AT THHE UNIVERSITY OF JOS, I HOPE UR ALL CATCHING UP, I LOVE THIS THREAD.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tobbie9(m): 6:23am On Nov 01, 2012
@phoenix6728 do u guys in unilag do practicals that add to G. P, looking forward to ur reply.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 6:34am On Nov 01, 2012
Phoenix6278:
4.89! Probably one of the best in ur class, ryt? Just keep the flag high. I guess ur a pro neuro? If u are, then USMLE things on ur mind, or do u have other plans.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 8:21am On Nov 01, 2012
charleymed: HI GREAT PEOPLE, AM A MEDIC AT THHE UNIVERSITY OF JOS, I HOPE UR ALL CATCHING UP, I LOVE THIS THREAD.
u are officially welcome to this wonderful thread created by sir Lagusta,feel free to ask any questions or make any contributions, i'm sure oda docs in d house wuld respond....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lagusta(m): 8:45am On Nov 01, 2012
Hey guyz, quite a long time.....

Sorry I haven't been keeping in touch.....

Hav a lot of things in my mind now.....

Jst keep praying 4 me faa!!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 01, 2012
Lagusta: Hey guyz, quite a long time.....

Sorry I haven't been keeping in touch.....

Hav a lot of things in my mind now.....

Jst keep praying 4 me faa!!!!!

It'z ok, doctor, u're in our prayers. Takie
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 10:48am On Nov 01, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

u are officially welcome to this wonderful thread created by sir Lagusta,feel free to ask any questions or make any contributions, i'm sure oda docs in d house wuld respond....
Thanks Dr.gboy am so grateful to Dr.lagusta and other medics 4 making this forum a reality. Am pro-neuro and am interested in USMLE discussions, cos i want to do my residency in the states. Doctors!!!
Good heart!!!
Skilled hands!!!
Vast knowledge!!!
Just keep the flame burning.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ifisco(f): 12:51pm On Nov 01, 2012
I love this tread
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Phoenix6278(m): 2:30pm On Nov 01, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

Guy u too much oooo,4.89!!!!
Congrats to u sir, u really slapped that 2nd semester exam across d face.
Thnks 4 d advice,i will not hesistate to call ur attention if i have any difficulty.i'll make sure i try my best to reach 4.89 or even more.
I got sm lil issues i want to clarify,
in ur phys, wz d questions on heat energy difficult? coz that section is smhw complex.
Thanks man, you can achieve that, nothing stops you from making a 5.0. Would have had that if not for laziness, trust me I can be lazy at times..lol. And yeah, the heat aspect is a little complex, the questions weren't smiling either. Try and get college physics schaum's outline, you have more than enough questions on it, some lecturers even pick questions from it. Lay your hands on past questions too, trust me you will be awed the first time you try them, the questions will look strange and scary BUT that's the point, it enables you to go back and read. Don't ignore the mechanics part of 105 too, that's the most interesting part. BOTTOM LINE Get Nelkon and Parker A level phs and college physics schaum's outline, you will be fine with those with time sef girls will be flocking around you, they will be like ' Dr Gboy, pls can u explain this to me' , u get d drift......
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Phoenix6278(m): 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2012
Tobbie9: @phoenix6728 do u guys in unilag do practicals that add to G. P, looking forward to ur reply.
Sorry its coming late. Our practicals do add to the GP, some practicals even have course codes I.e PHS 103 which is experimental physics ( a 2 unit course), CHM 102;experimental chemistry also a 2 unit course WHILE in some cases, you do practicals as part of some courses e.g FSC 101(biology), ZLY 101,ZLY 102 BTN 101, FSC 103(computer), these practicals carry marks, some carry as much as 30 marks as in the case of Zoology. Hope I've been able to answer your question. THIS IS FOR 100 LEVEL MED & SURG dept

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Phoenix6278(m): 2:53pm On Nov 01, 2012
charleymed: 4.89! Probably one of the best in ur class, ryt? Just keep the flag high. I guess ur a pro neuro? If u are, then USMLE things on ur mind, or do u have other plans.
Yep one of the best, I'll keep doing my best and with God on my side, everything will turn out fine. Hmmm, how did you know, I'♏ 100% pro neuro and I even have USLME brochure with me. Thing is that I don't really know how to go about it, sir I will really appreciate it if you can explain the thing to me and by the way what level are u in?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Phoenix6278(m): 2:58pm On Nov 01, 2012
charleymed: 4.89! Probably one of the best in ur class, ryt? Just keep the flag high. I guess ur a pro neuro? If u are, then USMLE things on ur mind, or do u have other plans.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 5:55pm On Nov 01, 2012
Phoenix6278:
Thanks man, you can achieve that, nothing stops you from making a 5.0. Would have had that if not for laziness, trust me I can be lazy at times..lol. And yeah, the heat aspect is a little complex, the questions weren't smiling either. Try and get college physics schaum's outline, you have more than enough questions on it, some lecturers even pick questions from it. Lay your hands on past questions too, trust me you will be awed the first time you try them, the questions will look strange and scary BUT that's the point, it enables you to go back and read. Don't ignore the mechanics part of 105 too, that's the most interesting part. BOTTOM LINE Get Nelkon and Parker A level phs and college physics schaum's outline, you will be fine with those with time sef girls will be flocking around you, they will be like ' Dr Gboy, pls can u explain this to me' , u get d drift......

what more can i say than to say Thank u.i wuld try to get the schaum's outline nxt wk,i've finishd d syllabus for FSC 105 1st semester using nelkon and parker, as for d mechanics part,that's just a piece of cake,dat's d simplest section i've treated so far.do u hv any idea where i culd get past questions 4rm since u guys are at idi-araba, or wuld it be sold by lecturers??
Bros i'm not used to girls flocking around me ooo,although i culd explain 2 dem,but it ain't free, a lil cash will do
grin grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tobbie9(m): 6:09pm On Nov 01, 2012
@phoenix thx for the reply, just wanted to know if it's only OAU that does practicals that adds to G.P, unfortunately we do 4 practicals here in part 1 med, just had a B in one of them. It is well
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hardmanvicky(m): 6:14pm On Nov 01, 2012
hw many hours can a med student read in 24 hours
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 6:33pm On Nov 01, 2012
hardmanvicky: hw many hours can a med student read in 24 hours
It is adviceable for a med student to read at most 112 hours a week, that is 16 hours per day, the remaining 8 hours should goes 4 leisure, rest, sleep and other miscellaneous. But it depends on what ur goals are, like, i have seen many medics(especially pro-surgeon) read for 22 hours everyday. But always remember that a good rest and sleep helps to boast ur memory, so don't just get urself exhausted by reading alone. Eat well, sleep 4 at six hours, and exercise well too.
Doctors!!!
Good heart!!!
Skilled hands!!!
Vast knowledge!!!
I love this forum.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 6:49pm On Nov 01, 2012
charleymed: It is adviceable for a med student to read at most 112 hours a week, that is 16 hours per day, the remaining 8 hours should goes 4 leisure, rest, sleep and other miscellaneous. But it depends on what ur goals are, like, i have seen many medics(especially pro-surgeon) read for 22 hours everyday. But always remember that a good rest and sleep helps to boast ur memory, so don't just get urself exhausted by reading alone. Eat well, sleep 4 at six hours, and exercise well too.
Doctors!!!
Good heart!!!
Skilled hands!!!
Vast knowledge!!!
I love this forum.

22hrs i read for 10 hrs a day but i'm planning to upgrade to at least 15hrs per day.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 6:54pm On Nov 01, 2012
Phoenix6278:
Yep one of the best, I'll keep doing my best and with God on my side, everything will turn out fine. Hmmm, how did you know, I'♏ 100% pro neuro and I even have USLME brochure with me. Thing is that I don't really know how to go about it, sir I will really appreciate it if you can explain the thing to me and by the way what level are u in?
HOW DO I KNOW? Bro, as the saying goes'Effective people are goal oriented" so with an acheivement as urs, it won't be difficult hasty say that ur a pro-neuro. I am currently in of preclinics, that is 1st year in med sch. I have been following some USMLE online fora, ryt 4rm my pre-admission years, and i can say that i have learnt alot. As it is nw, i have started preparing 4 the step 1, wc i will be writing at the terminus of my 4th year in med sch, i have been using my system to receive some online usmle lectures(but not free sha) and as well attempting some question on gross anatomy. So doc, my doors are open to u anytime,feel free to ask any question about usmle.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Emmy9ite(m): 7:21pm On Nov 01, 2012
Dr.Gboy:

22hrs well i'm a pro-surgeon, i read for 10 hrs a day but i'm planning to upgrade to at least 15hrs per day.
what part of the day do you read, and whats ur reading time table like?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 8:31pm On Nov 01, 2012
Emmy9ite: what part of the day do you read, and whats ur reading time table like?
currently i'm at home waiting for resumption nxt 2 wks, so i hv d whole day to read. 6am-10:30pm ,but i take at least 3-4 hrs break.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrGboy(m): 8:36pm On Nov 01, 2012
charleymed: HOW DO I KNOW? Bro, as the saying goes'Effective people are goal oriented" so with an acheivement as urs, it won't be difficult hasty say that ur a pro-neuro. I am currently in first year of preclinics, that is 2nd year in med sch. I have been following some USMLE online fora, ryt 4rm my pre-admission years, and i can say that i have learnt alot. As it is nw, i have started preparing 4 the step 1, wc i will be writing at the terminus of my 4th year in med sch, i have been using my system to receive some online usmle lectures(but not free sha) and as well attempting some question on gross anatomy. So doc, my doors are open to u anytime,feel free to ask any question about usmle.
first of all do u stay in USA?
Secondly,can u link me up with any usmle past questions site?
Finally,whats d meaning of all these pro dis pro dat? Coz i'm a fresher
Thnks in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.