Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,441 members, 7,843,346 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1851546 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (907) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jozeph1(m): 6:58pm On Sep 30, 2014
Em sorry @ whizzkid
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bethedoski(m): 7:30pm On Sep 30, 2014
FOLARORI: Hello my bosses in d house ... Pls this is a puzzling happening ... As i've told u ppl that i've been given aquaculture n fisheries ... So i checked jambs portal just nw n it tells me that i've been given a 6 yrs course medicine n surgery ... This is so puzzling ... Pls my bosses which one is d most superior n likely to manifest btw them ooo ... Pls help me out ...
Bro take heart, we are in the same shoes. Jamb admission came out on 25th and offered me a 6yr MBBS course. I almost had a heart attack 2 days later when an Sms came from unilorin that i've been offered Bsc Physiology. Went to the school adm. office and was told school admission is FINAL.go to the school bro and lodge ur complaint in the adm. office. I pray ur case is rectified. I've not been myself since then. I pray I do not go crazy soon. Twas so so so so Excruciatingly Painful.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 7:44pm On Sep 30, 2014
jozeph1: Em sorry @ whizzkid
Thanks..M sorry too bro for replying rather arrogantly..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 8:29pm On Sep 30, 2014
Thewhizzkid1: Thanks..M sorry too bro for replying rather arrogantly..
thats what the noble proffession is all about

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Abasstoheeb(m): 10:49pm On Sep 30, 2014
bethedoski:
Bro, u need to go and do a massive thanksgiving. I had 258 & 80% in jamb and p-j respectively and applied for medicine which i wanted all my life but i was given another course. U have to be dead serious bro, they drop medical students like twigs there. Congratulations once again. Can i have ur whatsapp contact if u don't mind
Guy i pray u wil soon reach yor aim
I feel sori 4 u
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Abasstoheeb(m): 10:56pm On Sep 30, 2014
FOLARORI: Thanks to everybody that has contributed solely on my matter ... Jazaakumullahu khaeran ... @ laryom my scores r 235 and 60 respectively ... Unilorin has been very cruel n atrocious to me , despite d fact that i'm an indigene n i'm also from their catchment area ... It's very bad for their image ...
Nawa o
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by FOLARORI: 11:48pm On Sep 30, 2014
bethedoski:
Bro take heart, we are in the same shoes. Jamb admission came out on 25th and offered me a 6yr MBBS course. I almost had a heart attack 2 days later when an Sms came from unilorin that i've been offered Bsc Physiology. Went to the school adm. office and was told school admission is FINAL.go to the school bro and lodge ur complaint in the adm. office. I pray ur case is rectified. I've not been myself since then. I pray I do not go crazy soon. Twas so so so so Excruciatingly Painful.
thanks bro ... I pray it should b rectified too ...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 5:53am On Oct 01, 2014
Happy new month all..

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ksudr(m): 7:52am On Oct 01, 2014
pls where is Dr.Lomax. pls forward the links to download medical textbooks to my email... I need the now pls..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jozeph1(m): 8:06am On Oct 01, 2014
Happy new month/independence day medicz
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vikky014(f): 9:03am On Oct 01, 2014
TONYE001:

Thanks, brother, for encouraging me.

I wish you the very best Sir. It's possible, it's achievable. Go for it, put in your very best. As I always urge students, study because you SHOULD study and not because of an event (interview, exam, etc). If we make reading a habit, success would be an everyday tale!

I had the same plan too. In my time, a CGPA of 4.0/5.0 was the requirement to switch to MBBS/Dentistry at the end of thr 100 Level, I didn't make it. I shifted to Plan B which was making a 2-1 and then transfering to MBBS/Dentistry (to begin from Year 3 if it's the same school). When we got to Year 2, Uniport had an issue with their MBBS program (overpopulation). This almost cost them their accreditation. Consequently, they shut down all transfer options to MBBS (I think they didn't accept JAMB MBBS applicants too).

I graduated with a 2-1; as God would have it, I was the 6th in a class of 140-150. Presently, I'm rounding up my Youth Service (would be done by October)...and I still have some MBBS possibilities on my table.

Again, success to you and every other person in your shoes. We shall hear your testimonies..

... smiley
will you write jamb or go for direct entry?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SayyediAliyu: 11:26am On Oct 01, 2014
my greetings to all the already medics and yet to be. I need your ideas on this; I applied for MBBS in to ABU Zaria, but right before the release of the main list of the school, I saw my name on the jamb website but was not giving the course I applied for rather they gave me Biological Science. since then, I'm fedup . coz I don't even understand the course, its diff between pure biology, is the course good or not? is it possible to change to MBBS? just need its overview, should I buy the current jamb and applied again?

please I need your sincere opinions from your experiences. thank you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 11:45am On Oct 01, 2014
SayyediAliyu: my greetings to all the already medics and yet to be. I need your ideas on this; I applied for MBBS in to ABU Zaria, but right before the release of the main list of the school, I saw my name on the jamb website but was not giving the course I applied for rather they gave me Biological Science. since then, I'm fedup . coz I don't even understand the course, its diff between pure biology, is the course good or not? is it possible to change to MBBS? just need its overview, should I buy the current jamb and applied again?

It's been a pretty long time....M not sure u still remember me..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SayyediAliyu: 11:58am On Oct 01, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:
how can I forget you bro?...I even remember our topic of discussion, that's... M "bacteria a plant or an animal"
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SayyediAliyu: 12:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:
let me have your what's app number
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 1:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
Vikky014: will you write jamb or go for direct entry?

DE..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by idris4r83(m): 1:15pm On Oct 01, 2014
SayyediAliyu: my greetings to all the already medics and yet to be. I need your ideas on this; I applied for MBBS in to ABU Zaria, but right before the release of the main list of the school, I saw my name on the jamb website but was not giving the course I applied for rather they gave me Biological Science. since then, I'm fedup . coz I don't even understand the course, its diff between pure biology, is the course good or not? is it possible to change to MBBS? just need its overview, should I buy the current jamb and applied again?

start the biological science and also buy next year jamb form. Why I gave u that advice is that you studying biological science will kinda expose you to university environment moreover, both biology n medical students offer the same basic science courses in 100level so when coming back for mbbs, d courses will just b like revision. But the plain truth is that even if you score 5.0 cgpa in 100level u can never change to mbbs in ABU zaria
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by idris4r83(m): 1:22pm On Oct 01, 2014

change of course from faculty of sciences to medical sciences is not easy as changing from medical science courses to science based courses in ABU Zaria
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SayyediAliyu: 1:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
idris4r83: start the biological science and also buy next year jamb form. Why I gave u that advice is that you studying biological science will kinda expose you to university environment moreover, both biology n medical students offer the same basic science courses in 100level so when coming back for mbbs, d courses will just b like revision. But the plain truth is that even if you score 5.0 cgpa in 100level u can never change to mbbs in ABU zaria
Ok thanks, but please can you tell me the course overview?? I don't really know what the course all about. is there any diff between the pure biology?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 1:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
SayyediAliyu: how can I forget you bro?...I even remember our topic of discussion, that's... M "bacteria a plant or an animal"
Lol...We argued and argued on that topic...It was a really nice experience with u guys back then..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 1:57pm On Oct 01, 2014
SayyediAliyu: let me have your what's app number
M not on whatsapp...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by idris4r83(m): 2:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
SayyediAliyu: Ok thanks, but please can you tell me the course overview?? I don't really know what the course all about. is there any diff between the pure biology?
ABU biological science is very broad it is subdivided into three departments i.e botany (study of plants), zoology (study of animal) and pure biology (both plants and animals) where one must choose 1 option from the 3 in 300 level or so.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SayyediAliyu: 3:10pm On Oct 01, 2014
idris4r83: ABU biological science is very broad it is subdivided into three departments i.e botany (study of plants), zoology (study of animal) and pure biology (both plants and animals) where one must choose 1 option from the 3 in 300 level or so.
thank you, sir. pls may I have your what's app number?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SayyediAliyu: 3:11pm On Oct 01, 2014
Thewhizzkid1: M not on whatsapp...
OK so how about your ADM?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Taofiq129(m): 3:17pm On Oct 01, 2014
Taofiq129: d skul admission z final bro,..it hapnd last yr to lot of pple such dat dy were offered their desired course by jamb nd d skul gav dem anoda course entirely...most of dem went to d admission office(skul) to complain nd dy were told skul admission z final!..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Taofiq129(m): 3:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
rama5555: hapi to join fellow medicos.jst admitted to unilorin Mbbs DE.any fellow DE here?
pls if i may ask, u got admitted through wich course/bachelor degree...or z it A-level??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 4:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
SayyediAliyu: OK so how about your ADM?
Fyn. I've been admitted for MBBS..AAU..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by davidiee(m): 4:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:
Nursing is a good course but don't compare nurses with doctors....They are not mates....If u want to be a nurse, then be a nurse.. Most, if not all nurses always behave like this...Trying to prove they are equal to or even better of than doctors...RUBBISH...
my brother you are very right. Doctors and Nurses are not the same. When I was lecturing in school of nursing I tried so many times to get that into their head but they always disagree. The male nurses seem to understand but the female nurses are mostly in disagreement. From that I deduced something. Since MBBS is a predominantly male profession and nursing A predominantly female professional so this disagreement likened to battle of the sexes only that the healthcare sector is their new theatre of war. To me it doesn't show professionalism

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by anonymousjbl: 4:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
I'm a new 200L MB;BS student of the University of Ilorin, and I need anyone to help me with good study techniques. I'll be extremely appreciative of your help!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SayyediAliyu: 5:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
Thewhizzkid1: Fyn. I've been admitted for MBBS..AAU..
really allow me to congratulate you bro...I had jamb ADM which is biological science... though, the school list is yet to be out. guy name Bleep up Oooo....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vikky014(f): 7:19pm On Oct 01, 2014
TONYE001:

DE..
ok
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vikky014(f): 7:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
Taofiq129: pls if i may ask, u got admitted through wich course/bachelor degree...or z it A-level??

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (907) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: DavidBrendan and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.