Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,147 members, 7,811,239 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1824751 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Chartey(m): 11:33am On Oct 26, 2014
lomaxx:

Gross Anatomy: Snell's Clinical Anatomy By Regions

Histology : BRS Histology + Di Fiore's Atlas of Histology

Embryology : BRS Embryology

Physiology : NMS Physiology plus/minus Fox Physiology

Biochemistry : MN Charteajea Textbook of Medical Biochemistry

The books I recommend to medical students are often looked down upon. They are indeed risk adventures. Most medical students I recommend books to end up not using them. Why? Because they're not the usual books. Medical students are used to the books generations ahead of them used and prefer spending long grueling hours on huge endless textbooks. To some of them, that's the drill.

But one girl attempted to use of of the books I recommended in her Pathology exam. Her classmates were studying Almighty Robbins and Cortran Pathologic Basis of Disease. I told her not to use it. My reason: the book was too detailed and time wasting. I offered her a trio of Pathology Secrets+Pathguy.com+Some lecture notes I emailed her. The results was out last week- she topped the class with a distinction mark. They still think she's a genius.

Happy weekend.
pls did u use srb for surgery. i'm loving the series but I just feel it's a big risk to just do away with Badoe and Bailey/Love.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Creativity14(m): 11:44am On Oct 26, 2014
Babafaros:

Guy,u go look 4 dentistry student tire
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 26, 2014
Creativity14:

Bossssssss, I don tire oooo.

Hi. How can I be of help? What do you want to know?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Babafaros(m): 1:02pm On Oct 26, 2014
Creativity14:

o ga oo,u never see @all ni,Oya follow my username sharp sharp
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by laryom1(m): 3:18pm On Oct 26, 2014
lomaxx:

The books I recommend to medical students are often looked down upon. They are indeed risk adventures. Most medical students I recommend books to end up not using them. Why? Because they're not the usual books. Medical students are used to the books generations ahead of them used and prefer spending long grueling hours on huge endless textbooks. To some of them, that's the drill.

But one girl attempted to use of of the books I recommended in her Pathology exam. Her classmates were studying Almighty Robbins and Cortran Pathologic Basis of Disease. I told her not to use it. My reason: the book was too detailed and time wasting. I offered her a trio of Pathology Secrets+Pathguy.com+Some lecture notes I emailed her. The results was out last week- she topped the class with a distinction mark. They still think she's a genius.

Happy weekend.
hmmmn.....ok thanks much
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by seunO4: 3:25pm On Oct 26, 2014
lomaxx:

Happy weekend.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Penboy: 3:31pm On Oct 26, 2014
Question for the Ogas at the top: How many years does a doctor need to become a consultant, starting from day 1 residency?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 26, 2014
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 26, 2014
Owbeecee:

I'd better quote this for future reference. cos soon I'd b needing this advice.
nice
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 26, 2014
Creativity14:

bro,i'm a dentistry student
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 3:45pm On Oct 26, 2014
@dentistry peeps!

Na una cause am na.
Una no dey talk or share any info as regarding life as a dentist or any dental related info, like even toothpaste and many more.
U let all this body medics to talk about their's and i even join them.
C'mon rise on ur feet.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 26, 2014
Doclight:
@dentistry peeps!

Na una cause am na.
Una no dey talk or share any info as regarding life as a dentist or any dental related info, like even toothpaste and many more.
U let all this body medics to talk about their's and i even join them.
C'mon rise on ur feet.
bro,na newly admitted i be (neva even resume 100L)...any oda bds student abeg add me on whatsapp:08068383919
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 4:09pm On Oct 26, 2014
Iduborezekiel:
bro,na newly admitted i be (neva even resume 100L)...any oda bds student abeg add me on whatsapp:08068383919
ok then.
Make all of them comeout from their hideouts, there are making dentistry too inferior
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by damo53(m): 4:54pm On Oct 26, 2014
Also a dental student... Ders nfin more t b said... D ogas Ave said it all... It's all d same with medicine... So all advise is regarded t all.... God bless... If Ders still anything u need u free t ask
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 5:00pm On Oct 26, 2014
damo53:
Also a dental student... Ders nfin more t b said... D ogas Ave said it all... It's all d same with medicine... So all advise is regarded t all.... God bless... If Ders still anything u need u free t ask
guy where u go hide eh?
Smh.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 26, 2014
Doclight:
@dentistry peeps!

I'm trying to reply you as civil as I can. You are obviously not a very knowledgeable person but you shouldn't let it be obvious all the time.

So let me break it down to you,
It is not about feeling inferior or something, there are not so many Dentistry and Dental surgery students on Nairaland, and even if there are there are very few ones active on this section. There are not so many things questions to create a distinction on this thread since most of the questions being are basic medical questions and sir lomaxx does justice to that most of the time. And your post about toothpaste even goes on to show how ignorant you are about the whole profession.

Aside; By the way what course are you studying and which school are you?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by damo53(m): 7:13pm On Oct 26, 2014
oluafolabi:

I'm trying to reply you as civil as I can. You are obviously not a very knowledgeable person but you shouldn't let it be obvious all the time.

It is not about feeling inferior or something, there are not so many Dentistry and Dental surgery students on Nairaland, and even if there are there are very few ones active on this section. There are not so many things questions to create a distinction on this thread since most of the questions being are basic medical questions and sir lomaxx does justice to that most of the time. And your post about toothpaste even goes on to show how ignorant you are about the whole profession.

... I don't the guy is just joking.... . Abi@doclight

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 7:14pm On Oct 26, 2014
oluafolabi:

is that why u quoted me?
Smh.
When i was tryna be polite with little humour, uu took it serious. Chaaaaaiiiii.
Anyways congrants u earned what u seek for
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by damo53(m): 7:14pm On Oct 26, 2014
damo53:
... I think
the guy is just joking.... . Abi@doclight
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doclight(m): 7:17pm On Oct 26, 2014
damo53:
... I don't the guy is just joking.... . Abi@doclight
lolz guy na so i see am o.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by damo53(m): 7:21pm On Oct 26, 2014
Just finished diploma in unilag.... And I thank God I crossed... Can't wait t resume yr 2...seriously am really bored.. Don't even knw when we would b resuming.. I need help on hw t download softcopies of textbooks.... Pls make my ogas help dis ur bored junior out abeg... Dis hols is just too long sadJust finished diploma in unilag.... And I thank God I crossed... Can't wait t resume yr 2...seriously am really bored.. Don't even knw when we would b resuming.. I need help on hw t download softcopies of textbooks.... Pls make my ogas help dis ur bored junior out abeg... Dis hols is just too long
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by damo53(m): 7:21pm On Oct 26, 2014
Just finished diploma in unilag.... And I thank God I crossed... Can't wait t resume yr 2...seriously am really bored.. Don't even knw when we would b resuming.. I need help on hw t download softcopies of textbooks.... Pls make my ogas help dis ur bored junior out abeg... Dis hols is just too long
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by barlohmighty(m): 7:31pm On Oct 26, 2014
Can SLT aspirant join here
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 26, 2014
damo53:
thanks doc
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 9:00pm On Oct 26, 2014
Chartey:
pls did u use srb for surgery. i'm loving the series but I just feel it's a big risk to just do away with Badoe and Bailey/Love.

I use the 3 SRBs : Manual of Surgery, Clinical Methods, and Bedside Clinics. I make reference to Badoe ESP when I need to study on the subspecialties. As for General Surgery, Srb is perfect.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Chartey(m): 9:43pm On Oct 26, 2014
lomaxx:

I use the 3 SRBs : Manual of Surgery, Clinical Methods, and Bedside Clinics. I make reference to Badoe ESP when I need to study on the subspecialties. As for General Surgery, Srb is perfect.
thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Glocal1: 10:01pm On Oct 26, 2014
lomaxx:

You won't be disqualified. All they'll need would be your university transcript and your good GRE scores. If they ask for O levels, your NECO result is one.
Is dis Lomaxx of great Ife?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Benzene002: 10:44pm On Oct 26, 2014
Good pm fellow medics. I'm a medical student newly admitted to UI. Av been following d thread from d beginning. Great works @ my ogas especially Dr. Lomaxx. more glucose to ur encephalon. @ Dr. Lomaxx if u don't mind,pls drop any of ur social network identity dat can link me up with u. maybe whatsapp or 2go. I want to be like u when I grow up. Tanx.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 10:55pm On Oct 26, 2014
Glocal1:
Is dis Lomaxx of great Ife?

No abeg. I'm @Uyo.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 10:56pm On Oct 26, 2014
Benzene002:
Good pm fellow medics. I'm a medical student newly admitted to UI. Av been following d thread from d beginning. Great works @ my ogas especially Dr. Lomaxx. more glucose to ur encephalon. @ Dr. Lomaxx if u don't mind,pls drop any of ur social network identity dat can link me up with u. maybe whatsapp or 2go. I want to be like u when I grow up. Tanx.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 10:56pm On Oct 26, 2014
barlohmighty:
Can SLT aspirant join here

Feel free.

You're Welcome.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by NmaGOD44(f): 11:08pm On Oct 26, 2014
Doclight:
is that why u quoted me?
Smh.
When i was tryna be polite with little humour, uu took it serious. Chaaaaaiiiii.
Anyways congrants u earned what u seek for
where have u been hiding??....

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: Kingkyle1(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.