Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,908 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (905) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1831489 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (902) (903) (904) (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by LalastiklaIa(m): 12:45am On Apr 21
It’s 2024

The fact that MBBs is still a big deal makes me laugh

Like candidates still kill for this MBBs of a thing in 2024?

When tech and ground breaking innovation is the in thing now…

Lord show enlightenment to your kids
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 12:50am On Apr 21
LalastiklaIa:
It’s 2024

Lmao,..
You are not far from the truth.
But, one can still get the degree and delve into Tech.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 5:01am On Apr 21
ISISs:
Oh,.. Kosi My guy. Hope you are doing well ?
Yes, i am chief. I trust you are too
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 10:08am On Apr 21
AbdSalis:
Hi, I'm really sorry to ask such a cliché question but I'm an aspiring student of FUTA(mbbs obviously), last time I did UTME, I scored 297 and had 79 in post UTME but didnt get into UI so I chose FUTA this time, I just have a few questions
First, what is their likely cut off, I know they don't publish cut offs but I'd like any FUTA doctor to give an estimate.
Second, apparently they did screening not post UTME, what exactly does this mean, does it mean I just have to upload my O'level and sit back and wait for the list?
Also, my O'level score would be 17.4 based on how they've calculated it in recent years, it'd be nice if someone could just give me a UTME score that would, along with my, O'level, guarantee admission.

P.S- I wrote UTME yesterday

Hello,

Last year's merit cut off was 78.15 though cut off marks for catchment areas and ELDS are quite lower. Note that FUTA does not release cut off marks to the general public, but there is still a way we get the cut off marks.

FUTA uses screening (O'level result and UTME score) for her admission modalities. The last time Post UTME exam was conducted was in 2022.

FUTA place more emphasis on UTME than on O'level result as the UTME to O'level result ratio used last year was 75:25. So put in more efforts in getting a very high score in UTME. Having many A's will be an added advantage.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by NL1960: 10:51am On Apr 21
LalastiklaIa:
It’s 2024

You think so. Those in tech will need medical care from all the stress caused by tech.

It is when some people are not able to get MBBS after many trials that they start asking what is so special about MBBS. Substantially increase MBBS quota and see what will happen.

5 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AbdSalis: 11:38am On Apr 21
Eben331:

Hello,

Last year's merit cut off was 78.15 though cut off marks for catchment areas and ELDS are quite lower. Note that FUTA does not release cut off marks to the general public, but there is still a way we get the cut off marks.

FUTA uses screening (O'level result and UTME score) for her admission modalities. The last time Post UTME exam was conducted was in 2022.

FUTA place more emphasis on UTME than on O'level result as the UTME to O'level result ratio used last year was 75:25. So put in more efforts in getting a very high score in UTME. Having many A's will be an added advantage.

Thank you so much 🙌. Why do they reduce 5 marks tho?

So let's say I score; 330 in UTME + my O'level
(330/400)×75=61.875 O'level= 17.4
A+B= 61.875+17.4=79.275

What about the fees for mbbs? Thanks again
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 11:43am On Apr 21
AbdSalis:

Thank you so much 🙌. Why do they reduce 5 marks tho?

So let's say I score; 330 in UTME + my O'level
(330/400)×75=61.875 O'level= 17.4
A+B= 61.875+17.4=79.275

What about the fees for mbbs? Thanks again

For the 5 marks, I don't know about it.

MBBS students pay the same school fee as other students. Though there is also Pre-clinical training fee you will pay
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AbdSalis: 3:27pm On Apr 21
Eben331:

For the 5 marks, I don't know about it.

MBBS students pay the same school fee as other students. Though there is also Pre-clinical training fee you will pay

Okay, so how much is the school fees including acceptance fee and the rest?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 12:11am On Apr 22
Incase you're a shy person and you're wondering if it's possible to be shy in Medical School, in this video I talked about how I cope in a TYPICAL Nigerian Medical School as a shy person. embarassed

How I COPE with being SHY in Medical School

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ1RPciqJHU
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 6:46pm On Apr 26
ISISs:
Pheww.
Final year Exmas Baiby grin
Who i know here bayi. Lol
I don finally Age but we survived.

I vividly remember you from my days of seeking admission Chief.
How time flies.

I pray God grants you the grace to finish with a bang.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 6:49pm On Apr 26
LalastiklaIa:
It’s 2024

So if everyone eventually ventured into tech, you think all of us will be cashing out from it?

I see everyday on the news about the big boys like Google and Tesla laying off thousands of workers and yet you think that jumping into tech will make you rich overnight.

I can even bet my admission that you are not a tech bro.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 9:05pm On Apr 27
Clinton39:

I vividly remember you from my days of seeking admission Chief.
How time flies.

I pray God grants you the grace to finish with a bang.
Thank you so much Clinton.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by LalastiklaIa(m): 9:03am On Apr 28
Clinton39:

So if everyone eventually ventured into tech, you think all of us will be cashing out from it?

I see everyday on the news about the big boys like Google and Tesla laying off thousands of workers and yet you think that jumping into tech will make you rich overnight.

I can even bet my admission that you are not a tech bro.

REST
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Klinxmanz(m): 10:04am On Apr 28
LalastiklaIa:

REST
Bro it's been a long time a heard from u, hwfr nah, abeg if u get any tech biz chairman link ur boy up ooo!, I be ur loyal fs.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by xyrexzmanto: 10:08am On Apr 28
It’s not late to apply for Fall 2024.

This is for those interested in a masters in public health (MPH).

There is :
✅no application fee
✅GRE is optional
✅Scholarships are available.

Details with relevant links can be found here :

Link : https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/education/public-health/degree-programs/mph-program.html
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 9:16pm On Apr 28
If you are a Pioneer medical student or you want to apply to a medical school where you will be in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd set, (most especially if it's a public medical school), you'll want to hear from someone who's been there.

It will help you prepare your mind for what's standing ahead of you. The Pros and Cons of being a Pioneer student. Based on the bittersweet experience of a Pioneer MBBS student. embarassed cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaEGg4d4u9A?si=QKzZ8TrlhsQTc6BO
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by joshuanwankwo(m): 4:23pm On Apr 30
Good evening house, please my younger brother wrote utme this year. His result was 287. And his ssce was 1 A and the rest was Bs.

I'd love to know the likelihood of him getting into medicine at the University of Ibadan.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Sapiens3: 7:49pm On Apr 30
Chances are slim. Which state is he from?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Sapiens3: 7:53pm On Apr 30
LalastiklaIa:

REST

Getting mbbs doesn't mean you can't delve into other fields and explore. Not everyone will become a tech guru. Just because tech is the deal now doesn't mean everyone jumping into it will succeed financially.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 11:53pm On Apr 30
AbdSalis:

Okay, so how much is the school fees including acceptance fee and the rest?

Acceptance fee is #50000
Current 100L paid #159500 for school fees
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jago2244: 6:54pm On May 01
Hi Doctors
I had 267 in 2024 Jamb
Please do I stand a chance of getting Dental Surgery at Unimaid?
Am from Kwara State

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Cardiojosh(m): 7:55pm On May 02
Jago2244:
Hi Doctors
I had 267 in 2024 Jamb
Please do I stand a chance of getting Dental Surgery at Unimaid?
Am from Kwara State

Your possibilities are slim chief, Kwara is not a catchment.
2022 admission process saw those from the north taken as catchment, that why someone from kogi was given admission with 255, and a a few others maybe they leveraged on the merging stuff, the case was different for 2023, non catchment didn't find it funny.

I don't know what 2024 holds but with the precious antecedence, your chances are quite slime.

Can you gamble

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Rach310(f): 11:10am
Hello everyone,a friend of mine had 245 in the just concluded Jamb, please what are his chances of gaining admission to study Physiotherapy at Unizik.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Kingzart200(m): 2:14pm
Keeon:
No it's not!
please Is it true that UDUS use only UTME for their admission screening process??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by PinkNature: 2:16pm
Kingzart200:
please Is it true that UDUS use only UTME for their admission screening process??

Yes

(1) (2) (3) ... (902) (903) (904) (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.