Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1837628 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by LEGITLAYO: 7:22pm On Oct 29, 2015
Catalyst4real:

I will oh
Hearty cheers to you man.
Congratulations indeed.
God do win for your matter.
It's only a matter of time before you're formally addressed as doctor catalyst

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by LEGITLAYO: 7:23pm On Oct 29, 2015
Erm.
Guys is there any oou medical student that's not a fresher here?.
I need to connect and know one or two things. smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Catalyst4real: 7:33pm On Oct 29, 2015
LEGITLAYO:

Hearty cheers to you man.
Congratulations indeed.
God do win for your matter.
It's only a matter of time before you're formally addressed as doctor catalyst

It's about time cheesy
Chartey:

Welcome brother! Welcome!
Thank you Sir
OJABS1:

Finally! Finally!!
Congratulations bro! grin grin grin
I really appreciate it Ojabs,
Started looking for this Admission since I was 17
Now am 21.
It is not easy. God be praised
Profcamsey:
Am happy for you. I like ppu that don't give up their dream like myself.
Ah-Ah dont lower yourself to life me up na.
But a big thank you to you cheesy
Thewhizzkid1:

Congratulations doc. I'm happy for you.
Thanks Bro wink

You guys are priceless cry

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vincent561(m): 7:55pm On Oct 29, 2015
Congrats bro!
Catalyst4real:
I've been active in this thread, even though I wasn't a Medical student.
God did not put me to shame. After 4 years of suffering and struggling.
I have just been offered admission to study MBBS in Abu Zaria.

The way I screamed today eh! God has finally given me a reason to smile

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 8:02pm On Oct 29, 2015
Catalyst4real:

Welcome aboard brother, into this noble ministry. Make your passion your profession.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 9:03pm On Oct 29, 2015
Jargoe is. . He'd reply u soon
LEGITLAYO:
Erm. Guys is there any oou medical student that's not a fresher here?. I need to connect and know one or two things. smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jargo89(m): 9:08pm On Oct 29, 2015
LEGITLAYO:
Erm.
Guys is there any oou medical student that's not a fresher here?.
I need to connect and know one or two things. smiley
Affirmative sire...I am one
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jargo89(m): 9:26pm On Oct 29, 2015
wumzi:
Hi all, I'm a medical student based in the UK and I was wondering what medical school is like in naij. I know it may differ slightly from university to university, but what is the general structure?
How many years is the course?
What are the major exams for each year?
How soon do you start learning in the hospitals rather than in lectures?
What kind of exrta-curricular activities are available for students to participate in?

I'd really appreciate your opinions and experiences.
smiley
hey, well med school here is mainly fashioned lyk in the UK. The duration is averagely 6 years.

First year is in the Faculty of Science where basic science courses such as Biology, Physics and Chemistry.

Second and 3rd year is sppent in the Faculty of Basic Medical Science where Anatomy, Physiology and biochemistry are offered.

The remaining 3 years are spent in the Teaching Hospital where more of clinicals are taught: Surgery, Pathology, Pediatric, Obs and Gyn, etc...

Usually, and it may vary wit schools, 4 important exams are wriitten and are commonly reffered to as MB exams. One at the end of preclinicals (anatomy, physio and BCH); anoda after the 4th year (pathology and pharmacology); and the last 2 after the 5thh and 6th years.

I hope thats helpful? M sure other people will hard wateva I might have left out.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrLazDevitan: 9:40pm On Oct 29, 2015
Welcome to the hood.

Catalyst4real:

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by LEGITLAYO: 9:41pm On Oct 29, 2015
jargo89:
Affirmative sire...I am one
Nice one man.
I just wanted to ask wah important text books I'll need in 100 level.
I wanna resume prepared.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrLazDevitan: 9:48pm On Oct 29, 2015
Is it adviceable to use Essentials of Medical Physiology with Ganong,just to study most clinical correlations?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dunsin89(m): 10:33pm On Oct 29, 2015
Catalyst4real:

. A very BIG congratulations to you brother. Am very happy for you too. Infact it aint easy. I do read your comments at the ABU 2015/2016 admission thread here on nairaland. Keep it up. Be Good.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 10:39pm On Oct 29, 2015
DrLazDevitan:
Is it adviceable to use Essentials of Medical Physiology with Ganong,just to study most clinical correlations?

Ganong is good. I personally didn't like it for obvious reasons. It is too clinical that u may be tempted astray off the important details.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrLazDevitan: 10:43pm On Oct 29, 2015
lomaxx:

Ganong is good. I personally didn't like it for obvious reasons. It is too clinical that u may be tempted astray off the important details.

Nice.Thanks Boss!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by topsonkay(m): 10:48pm On Oct 29, 2015
lomaxx:

Welcome back Dr. Lomaxx. How have you been?

Between Guyton and Hall physiology, and Sembulingam physiology, which do you think is better and why?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IkembaCMD(m): 10:53pm On Oct 29, 2015
The Ilorin University Medical Student Association (ILUMSA) celebrates her 32nd Annual Health Week

http://www.medicalworldnigeria.com/2015/10/ilumsa-marks-their-32nd-annual-health-week#.VjPmqMicLMx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ismobell(m): 11:15pm On Oct 29, 2015
Catalyst4real:

Congratulations
Looking forward to seeing you in Red & Blue seats

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 11:28pm On Oct 29, 2015
Wow! Dr Lomaxx is back.
Sir, how have you been?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 11:29pm On Oct 29, 2015
topsonkay:
Welcome back Dr. Lomaxx. How have you been?

Between Guyton and Hall physiology, and Sembulingam physiology, which do you think is better and why?

You're seeking my personal opinion. I don't think any of them is better.

Guyton - too voluminous

Sembulimgam - better than Guyton by being straight to the point. Very fluid in describing mechanisms. But you asked for my personal opinion grin grin

Don't you people have Fox Physiology?

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 11:31pm On Oct 29, 2015
Catalyst4real:

Wow! So happy for you bro

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by topsonkay(m): 11:31pm On Oct 29, 2015
lomaxx:

You're seeking my personal opinion. I don't think any of them is better.

Guyton - too voluminous

Sembulimgam - better than Guyton by being straight to the point. Very fluid in describing mechanisms. But you asked for my personal opinion grin grin

Don't you people have Fox Physiology?

Lol.
I have fox physiology. Is Fox good too?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 11:36pm On Oct 29, 2015
topsonkay:
Lol. I have fox physiology. Is Fox good too?
Fox is good. Use it with NMS and you won't need any Guyton or Sembulimgam.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by topsonkay(m): 11:37pm On Oct 29, 2015
lomaxx:

Thanks Doc.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 11:43pm On Oct 29, 2015
smartdave1:
Wow! Dr Lomaxx is back.
Sir, how have you been?
Suffering and smiling grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smartdave1: 12:39am On Oct 30, 2015
lomaxx:

lol life of a med student, huh?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 8:30am On Oct 30, 2015
Final year I think
smartdave1:

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 8:30am On Oct 30, 2015
Final year I think
smartdave1:
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 9:30am On Oct 30, 2015
lomaxx:

Sir how do you see Costanzo physiology?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by proneurojosh: 9:35am On Oct 30, 2015
grin
lomaxx:

wow! boss lomaxx is here! this thread is my only reason for creating a NL account, all thanks to lagusta, lomaxx et alutacontinua... proud to be on the same thread with elites..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 9:40am On Oct 30, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:
Sir how do you see Constanzo physiology?
pls do you have the link to download it?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 9:51am On Oct 30, 2015
Good morning everybody.
I am hear to make some correction concerning the study of mbbs in Nigeria.
I have been observing some comments earlier on as regard accreditation and non accreditation of Universities.
I want to address that issue once and for all.
Mdcn regulates the practice of Medicine in Nigeria.
Only Mdcn can accredites University to offer mbbs course in Nigeria.
Gone are the days whereby any school will decide at any point in time to offer mbbs.
The process of accreditation of mbbs in Universities takes years if not more than 12 years as seen in benue state University in benue state.
The names of accredited Universities in Nigeria to study mbbs is listed on the mdcn website.
Those are the schools whose teaching hospital meets up to the required standard for the education of medical students.
Any school that is not accredited will not and can never be listed on mdcn websites.
Mdcn is always active in delisting any defaulting University as can be seen in the case of mdcn vs uniben
Where uniben lost its accreditation because it admitted more than its official quota for mbbs.
I was opportune to read Dr Lomax comment sometimes Last two years.
Then he was a medical student in his final year in the university of uyo.
He finished as an art student in 2006.
Taught himself biology chemistry and physics, gained admission the following year to study medicine and now he is a doctor.
So please stop all these arguments as regard whether a school is accredited or not because we are not mdcn and it is only Mdcn can decide whether a university is good enough for studying mbbs or not.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 9:53am On Oct 30, 2015
Dbrainiac1:

pls do you have the link to download it?
This is it boss.
http://www.4shared.com/office/opkWBCX5ba/Costanzo_Physiology_5th_c2014_.htm

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: mete3 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.