Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,555 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1844276 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 10:04am On Oct 30, 2015
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Profcamsey(m): 11:57am On Oct 30, 2015
Hello docs. Pls Agbami scholarship benefactors. Pls come and explain things to us. Must we scan the HOD signed form b4 closing date and can I use 1st semester result since 2nd semester first year isn't out?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dunsin89(m): 12:27pm On Oct 30, 2015
Vcojuro:
Good morning everybody.
I am hear to make some correction concerning the study of mbbs in Nigeria.
I have been observing some comments earlier on as regard accreditation and non accreditation of Universities.
I want to address that issue once and for all.
Mdcn regulates the practice of Medicine in Nigeria.
Only Mdcn can accredites University to offer mbbs course in Nigeria.
Gone are the days whereby any school will decide at any point in time to offer mbbs.
The process of accreditation of mbbs in Universities takes years if not more than 12 years as seen in benue state University in benue state.
The names of accredited Universities in Nigeria to study mbbs is listed on the mdcn website.
Those are the schools whose teaching hospital meets up to the required standard for the education of medical students.
Any school that is not accredited will not and can never be listed on mdcn websites.
Mdcn is always active in delisting any defaulting University as can be seen in the case of mdcn vs uniben
Where uniben lost its accreditation because it admitted more than its official quota for mbbs.
I was opportune to read Dr Lomax comment sometimes Last two years.
Then he was a medical student in his final year in the university of uyo.
He finished as an art student in 2006.
Taught himself biology chemistry and physics, gained admission the following year to study medicine and now he is a doctor.
So please stop all these arguments as regard whether a school is accredited or not because we are not mdcn and it is only Mdcn can decide whether a university is good enough for studying mbbs or not.
. You this boy.....s.m.h. Imagine a lie up there! Lomaxx is still in his final year, Ebonyi state university quota for medicine is 100. Who know many lies you have relayed to us unconsiously so far? Pls get your facts and figures screened well before you post next time abeg. We need someone who will give us real and authentic, up-to-date information here and not someone from a state of oblivion with sleepy eyes posting grandiose and vague things.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 12:43pm On Oct 30, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:
Sir how do you see Costanzo physiology?
I don't know Costanzo. Is he a Nigerian?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bush2013: 1:05pm On Oct 30, 2015
lomaxx:

Dr lomax good afternoon, have you graduated?. God have done it by granting me admission into medicine lasu
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 2:30pm On Oct 30, 2015
I think finals.
And to you Mr. Bush2013, is it not high time you changed your year? Infact ur moniker entirely?
Bush2013:
Dr lomax good afternoon, have you graduated?. God have done it by granting me admission into medicine lasu
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bush2013: 2:51pm On Oct 30, 2015
simba1:
I think finals.
And to you Mr. Bush2013, is it not high time you changed your year? Infact ur moniker entirely?
it is OK by me

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ikemsinachi(m): 3:08pm On Oct 30, 2015
Vcojuro:
Table 1: Fully accredited Medical Schools in Nigeria
Serial

University

Quota

Ownership

College of Medicine and Health Sciences, Abia State University, Uturu, Abia State

State

College of Health Sciences, Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki.

State

College of Medicine, University of Lagos, Idi Araba, Lagos.

Federal

College of Health Sciences, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Osun State.

Federal

College of Health Sciences, University of Port-Harcourt.

Federal

College of Health Sciences, Usman Dan Fodiyo University, Sokoto, Sokoto State.

Federal

College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Oyo State.

Federal

College of Medicine, University of Ilorin, Kwara State.

Federal

College of Medical Sciences, University of Calabar, Cross River State.

Federal

College of Medicine, Lagos State University, Ikeja, Lagos State.

State

College of Medicine, Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma.

State

Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Jos.

Federal

Faculty of Medicine, Bayero University, Kano State.

Federal

Obafemi Awolowo College of Health Sciences, Sagamu, Olabisi Onabanjo (formerly Ogun State) University, Ago Iwoye, Ogun State.

State

College of Medicine, Imo State University, Owerri

State

College of Health Science, Madonna University Elele, Rivers State.

Private

College of Medical Sciences, University of Benin, Benin City , Edo State.

Federal

Oba Okunade College of Health Sciences Igbinedion University Okada, Benin -City, Edo State.

Private

College of Medicine, University of Nigeria Enugu Campus. Enugu.

Federal

College of Health Sciences, Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Nnewi.

State

Faculty of Medicine, Ahmadu Bello University Zaria.

Federal

College of Medical Sciences, University of Maiduguri.

Federal

College of Health Sciences, Delta State University, Abraka

State

College of Medicine, Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu

State

College Of Health Sciences, University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom.

Federal

College of Medicine and Health Sciences, Abia State University, Uturu, Abia State

State
There are mistakes their boss. Check Ebonyi State University(EBSU), their quota is 100 even from where you copied it. It's written boldly.
Thanks!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 3:33pm On Oct 30, 2015
lomaxx:

No she's not. I think she's an American. She's also the author of BRS physiology.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Danyl(m): 6:50pm On Oct 30, 2015
Catalyst4real:
I've been active in this thread, even though I wasn't a Medical student.
God did not put me to shame. After 4 years of suffering and struggling.
I have just been offered admission to study MBBS in Abu Zaria.

The way I screamed today eh! God has finally given me a reason to smile
congratulations my brother. BTW what was your last score you got that helped the admission?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 8:14pm On Oct 30, 2015
Bush2013:

Vcojuro isn't wrong. As at 2013, I was supposed to finish by May, 2015. But we've had a lot of internal strikes (NMA, ARD, JOHESU ) that has consumed a cumulative period of 9 months in the last 2 years. So I'm still a final year baby boy. grin

I'll be done in a couple of months, say 6 or 7.

congrats on ur admission. More synovial fluid to your joints.

5 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 8:21pm On Oct 30, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

No she's not. I think she's an American. She's also the author of BRS physiology.

It's funny I don't even know the author of one of my preferred physiology texts. If she authors brs then she'd be good.

I must say I'm glad to see a paradigm shift from the regular Guyton, Sembulimgam and Ganong to textbooks that can achieve the same purpose even far better.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by deedrizzie: 8:36pm On Oct 30, 2015
Dr Lomaxx and others.... thank God this physiology stuff is trending... I'm at a loss on whch book to use also.. . as i don't seem to enjoy any of them... and does any1 hv any idea abt any Histology text that's better than Janquira
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Catalyst4real: 8:38pm On Oct 30, 2015
Danyl:

congratulations my brother. BTW what was your last score you got that helped the admission?
5.0 cgp in Rems
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by prahcetomi(m): 9:30pm On Oct 30, 2015
simba1:
Boss! We all know this na.
But that's not the ish here sir!
We tend to look beyond.
I am not informed, I wish to be informed, but some peeps took it too personal.
I didn't see lautech!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Khan1993: 9:35pm On Oct 30, 2015
Please someone shed some light on this. I just logged on the MDCN site and there was a link linking to an exam pass list conducted on 7th and 8th of oct. Over 300+ students pass for mbbs and just 4 passed for dentistry. Am just a fresher so, i know practically nothing about the system. Am kind addled here. So of all the mbbs and dental students in nigeria, those are the ones to be inducted. An in toto explanation please.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 9:50pm On Oct 30, 2015
smartdave1:
Good day bosses! Pls i wish to know the differences between 'Doctor Of Medicine' (some foreign schools issue it) and MBBS cos i learnt that the former is issued after 4 years of study while the latter is issued after 6 years of study.

There's no difference.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 9:52pm On Oct 30, 2015
Khan1993:
Please someone shed some light on this. I just logged on the MDCN site and there was a link linking to an exam pass list conducted on 7th and 8th of oct. Over 300+ students pass for mbbs and just 4 passed for dentistry. Am just a fresher so, i know practically nothing about the system. Am kind addled here. So of all the mbbs and dental students in nigeria, those are the ones to be inducted. An in toto explanation please.

The exam was for Nigerian citizens who graduated from medical schools abroad in order to gain licensure to practice in Nigeria.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Khan1993: 10:02pm On Oct 30, 2015
lomaxx:

The exam was for Nigerian citizens who graduated from medical schools abroad in order to gain licensure to practice in Nigeria.
okay. Thank you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lomaxx: 10:44pm On Oct 30, 2015
The last thing medical and dental students should do is create rivalry among themselves for any reason. Be grateful you have an opportunity to be useful to humanity and yourself, irrespective of where it is done. Few years into the system you'll realize the challenges facing the Nigerian doctor is enormous. The wahala plenty. One post would not be enough to enumerate the issues. The least we can do for ourselves is to be united and sustain a common interest so that the profession will be preserved.

We're very backward in this place. The masses don't like you. They only like you when they are ill, and you're bound by oath to help them. If you're make any mistake, nobody would want to know whether you are Harvard or ANSU, they will stone you with their words.

We need to protect our interest collectively, and it should be fostered at the level of our medical training so we maintain the tempo when we're done. The future of healthcare in this country lies in your hands. A lot of people don't care( including your patients) but they would blame you if something goes wrong. Let's just try not to allow the little differences outweigh the higher purpose.

15 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Catalyst4real: 12:01am On Oct 31, 2015
For the guy above me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tcrown01(m): 9:24am On Oct 31, 2015
Potential Docs in the house Good morning to y'all..
I just got admitted to study medicine and surgery, lautech
I'd like some words of encouragement from my seniors and advice on how to prepare ahead
Thanks

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by laryom1(m): 10:41am On Oct 31, 2015
deedrizzie:
Dr Lomaxx and others.... thank God this physiology stuff is trending... I'm at a loss on whch book to use also.. . as i don't seem to enjoy any of them... and does any1 hv any idea abt any Histology text that's better than Janquira
Try IB Singh.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 11:09am On Oct 31, 2015
Accredited Medical Schools
MEDICAL AND DENTAL SCHOOLS ACCREDITED BY MEDICAL & DENTAL COUNCIL OF NIGERIA

i) FULLY ACCREDITED MEDICAL SCHOOLS

S/NO

NAME OF INSTITUTION

MEDICAL STUDENTS QUOTA

DENTAL STUDENTS QUOTA

College of Health Sciences, Abia State University Uturu, Abia State.

-

College of Health Sciences, University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom.

-

College of Health Sciences, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Nnewi, Anambra State.

-

College of Medical Sciences, University of Maiduguri, Borno State.

College of Medical Sciences, University of Calabar, Cross-Rivers State.

-

College of Health Sciences, Delta State University, Abraka,Delta State.

-

College of Health Sciences, Ebonyi State University Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.

-

College of Medical Sciences, University of Benin, Benin-City, Edo State.

College of Health Sciences, Igbinedion University Okada, Edo State.

-

College of Medicine, Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, Edo State.

-

College of Medicine, University of Nigeria Enugu Campus, Enugu State.

College of Medicine, Enugu State University of Science & Technology, Enugu, Enugu State.

-

College of Medicine, Imo State University Owerri, Imo State.

-

Faculty of Medicine, Ahmadu University Zaria, Kaduna State.

-

Faculty of Medicine, Bayero University Kano, Kano State.

-

College of Medicine, University of Ilorin, Kwara State.

-

College of Medicine, university of Lagos, Id-Araba, Lagos State.

College of Medicine, Lagos State University Ikeja, Lagos State.

Obafemi Awolowo College of Health Sciences, Olabisi Onabonjo University Ago Iwoye, Ogun State.

-

College of Health Sciences, Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife, Osun State.

College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Oyo State.

Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Jos, Plateau State.

-

College of Health Sciences, Madonna University Elele, Rivers State.

-

College of Health Sciences, University of Pot-Harcourt, Rivers State.

College of Health Sciences, Usman Danfodio University Sokoto, Sokoto State.

-

College of Health Sciences, Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, Osun State.

-

College of Health Sciences, Niger Deita University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State.

-

TOTAL = 2550 (MEDICAL STUDENTS)+ 175 (DENTAL STUDENTS) = 2725
https://www.mdcn.gov.ng/page/accredited-medical-schools
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Catalyst4real: 11:09am On Oct 31, 2015
Tcrown01:
Potential Docs in the house Good morning to y'all..
I just got admitted to study medicine and surgery, lautech
I'd like some words of encouragement from my seniors and advice on how to prepare ahead
Thanks
Is Lautech accredited?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tcrown01(m): 11:58am On Oct 31, 2015
Catalyst4real:
Is Lautech accredited?
Fully accredited
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 12:01pm On Oct 31, 2015
Dunsin89:
. You this boy.....s.m.h. Imagine a lie up there! Lomaxx is still in his final year, Ebonyi state university quota for medicine is 100. Who know many lies you have relayed to us unconsiously so far? Pls get your facts and figures screened well before you post next time abeg. We need someone who will give us real and authentic, up-to-date information here and not someone from a state of oblivion with sleepy eyes posting grandiose and vague things.
u this guy why do you like disturbing yourself and you call yourself an intellect.
I was a former oau student and oau students are known to be intellects when it come to arguing subject matters.
You should have reasoned that the mistake in my earlier post as regard the list was due to typo error in that of ebonyi state University.
You should have reasoned that out and call my attention to it.
And not shouting that it was a lie.
It was your lies that prompted me to post the list , imagine somebody saying that medicine in uniport, Niger Delta university, and some university in South South and southeast are not fully accredited.
I was wondering when you became MDCN.
Continue deceiving people.
As regard Lomax I thought he was in his finals because of the way he responds to questions and inquiries.
He was answering questions that even final year med students can not answer.
That shows his level of maturity and in depth knowledge about the field of Medicine.
So my advice for you is that you should think five times before commenting on any post or articles.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 12:22pm On Oct 31, 2015
PLEASE CAN DEGREE IN FOOD SCIENCE TECH. DO D.E TO MEDICINE OR ANY MEDICAL COURSE?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Catalyst4real: 12:31pm On Oct 31, 2015
Tcrown01:

Fully accredited
Okay, Congrats
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Catalyst4real: 12:32pm On Oct 31, 2015
simba1:
PLEASE CAN DEGREE IN FOOD SCIENCE TECH. DO D.E TO MEDICINE OR ANY MEDICAL COURSE?
Nah, not Medicine & Surgery sha
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 12:40pm On Oct 31, 2015
Catalyst4real:
Nah, not Medicine & Surgery sha
Any related?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 12:58pm On Oct 31, 2015
deedrizzie:
Wheater's Functional histology

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.