Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,788 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1836515 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 23, 2015
Drguzzykola:

Make up ur mind, jamb is fast approching,having double mind @medical/engineering at this time is an odd signal ,
Biology is a stern backbone in any medical course ,,,
Durentt , forget that words of ( ure not good in biology) ( medics are known to be overall gurus ,take them anywhere, even take them to art subject, they ll blast it, shey na book )
260 is an assuring medical score , give it a trial dis time, Good u acknowledged ur weak point@biology, deal with it like ure d boss, get and EAT modern plus lamlard biology, finish it , u won't belive ur urself speaking in biology/lifeDISCOURSE tongues after
beside , make a good research on admission strategies in any school of ur choice so u won't fall victim again, MBBS admission is like impossible this days , play ur game well! see ya!!
thx. I didnt do biology in sec sch, i studied it on my own bcuZ i wanted to do medicine but it reduced my jamb score
English- 75
Physics- 66
chemistry- 79
Biology- 40
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 3:08pm On Nov 23, 2015
Durentt:
thx. I didnt do biology in sec sch, i studied it on my own bcuZ i wanted to do medicine but it reduced my jamb score
English- 75
Physics- 66
chemistry- 79
Biology- 40

Wow, good scores ,,
I understand u didn't do it in sec , Hope u remember our boss here sir Dr Lomaxx , he finished sec sch as an art student , changed mind and chewed all science text within a year( he's a stubborn bookchewer) ,, grin
now in his clinical.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 23, 2015
Drguzzykola:

Wow, good scores ,,
I understand u didn't do it in sec , Hope u remember our boss here sir Dr Lomaxx , he finished sec sch as an art student , changed mind and chewed all science text within a year( he's a stubborn bookchewer) ,, grin
now in his clinical.
wooooow shocked art to science? Pple dey dis world ooooh shocked
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dunsin89(m): 3:16pm On Nov 23, 2015
Durentt:
English- 75
Physics- 66
chemistry- 79
Biology- 40

Bro you have really tried I swear. A brain that can know physics and chemistry so well shouldn't have problem with biology. Just read it with the many good textbooks available for biology. But to sustain your interest and love for biology, I will recommend Modern biology by Ramaligam et al and Explicit biology by O.J olaoye. Send me your contact for more hints to study well esp in biology.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 5:27pm On Nov 23, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

Okay. Expect it on Monday.
Zellie I wasn't able to make it to d cafe today so I'm sorry I won't be sending them. Tomorrow pls.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 23, 2015
Durentt:
English- 75
Physics- 66
chemistry- 79
Biology- 40

Lol! hahahahahahaha this life is very funny.This guy is having problem with biology while i am still struggling with english language.I am also a medical aspirant with a jamb score of 257,bio=67,chemistry=71,physics=72 hahaha!and english=47! i really want to show my respect to you for what you scored in english,but fight your weak spot and deal with it because biology is very interesting.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DOCTORPRESH: 9:31pm On Nov 23, 2015
Drguzzykola:

Wow, good scores ,,
now in his clinical.
woooooowww!!!! pretty darn good!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DOCTORPRESH: 9:44pm On Nov 23, 2015
If I'm writing JAMB again, my aim would be at least 70 for each subject. I don't really have a problem with any subject just that I didn't really study much for my last JAMB. I managed to score 233 and although my post ume score was quite good, it just wasn't enough to give me an edge over the pack of applicants, I'm stuck on the stipulated cut off point for medicine. If a miracle happens; fine, but if not; JAMB go know say ah don show...

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DOCTORPRESH: 9:48pm On Nov 23, 2015
Drsuccess246:

Lol! hahahahahahaha this life is very funny.This guy is having problem with biology while i am still struggling with english language.I am also a medical aspirant with a jamb score of 257,bio=67,chemistry=71,physics=72 hahaha!and english=47! i really want to show my respect to you for what you scored in english,but fight your weak spot and deal with it because biology is very interesting.
If I had 257 + my post ume score I'ld have been admitted into medicine in DELSU.
What school did apply?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fab001: 9:24am On Nov 24, 2015
Guys please calm down.
What's the craze for medicine all about?
It's like you guys derive pressure in jamb repeatedly.
I don't see any glory in telling the world you wrote jamb and failed and preparing to write again to fail.
Smart people don't announce themselves.
And again, the truth is bitter but not everyone is cut out medicine.
I'm not trying to discourage anyone or something, there's no time.
The almighty "Dr lomaxx" y'all singing his praise attempted jamb once and was given medicine in both uni's... That's something.
I'm verrrrrrrrry sure he would have settled for something else if he hadn't made medicine at first attempt.
It's a good thing to be passionate for something, but not when ur passion turns to stupidity.
You spent four years b4 making medicine which your gonna spend 7-8 years in school studying.... while all your sec. School mates are planning to graduate and see how the real world is, your still writing jamb.
Guys think!!!
Your brain was placed in your head for you to think ahead.
I drop my pen.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Catalyst4real: 9:55am On Nov 24, 2015
The Guy above me isn't completely wrong and neither is he completely right.

What if Thomas Edison had given up and assumed, Inventing the Electric Bulb was an Impossible task?
Or Graham Bell beleived Inventing telephone was impossible
And all the people who made remarkable inventions in the past.
What if they had given up along the way?

Some people get things on first trial, yes, some are that lucky.

While others have to persist, have to strive hard and give their everything to achieve their dreams
It's the inevitable reality of life

It's not really stupidity when you see someone chasing after Medicine for years and years.

If it's actually their destiny to become doctors, nothing can change that.
And if not, You just dust yourself up and move on.

The pleasure is not always in the Achievement, sometimes it lies in the Attempt.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by daisy14: 10:03am On Nov 24, 2015
Hello please i want to apply for unilorin remedial but medicine is not in among the available courses. Can i write jamb and choose medicine as my course? Do i have the chance to be given medicine?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dharmmy007(m): 11:44am On Nov 24, 2015
daisy14:
Hello please i want to apply for unilorin remedial but medicine is not in among the available courses. Can i write jamb and choose medicine as my course? Do i have the chance to be given medicine?

What then is the purpose of the remedial, if what you truly desire is not bn offered in the pgm.. I'd advise you to go for a schl whose remedial allows u to offer medicine which is what you want... Datz based on my own perspective
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Catalyst4real: 12:08pm On Nov 24, 2015
dharmmy007:

What then is the purpose of the remedial, if what you truly desire is not bn offered in the pgm.. I'd advise you to go for a schl whose remedial allows u to offer medicine which is what you want... Datz based on my own perspective
Gbam !!!!
That's the only logical advice
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by caryourday15(m): 12:41pm On Nov 24, 2015
Biochemistry or microbiology.....? Am aiming to be a chemical pathologist after my first degree.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by daisy14: 1:04pm On Nov 24, 2015
dharmmy007:

Thanks but i prefer unilorin and the reason i wanted to apply for the remedial is because i might have more chance of getting admission knowing medicine as a difficult course in getting admission.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 24, 2015
Catalyst4real:

What if Thomas Edison had given up and assumed, Inventing the Electric Bulb was an Impossible task?

While others have to persist, have to strive hard and give their everything to achieve their dreams

It's not really stupidity when you see someone chasing after Medicine for years and years.

The pleasure is not always in the Achievement, sometimes it lies in the Attempt.
indeed bro , u just spoke mah mind.. This is actually dha best post I've read today. I'm also a medical aspirant who has been fighting for MBBS since 2013, yet to get it and I'm still gonna seat for another JAMB 2016 and this time around , I'm gonna apply for AAU and I'm sure I'm gonna get it this time.one thing ah know for sure is dha millions of people's life are tied to mah hands as a future medical Doctor and ah can't let them DIE.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 24, 2015
Afternoon guys... Please , I'll need Advice on how to go about writing JAMB 2016 and securing Admission to study MBBS in AAU.I've been on this since 2013.please , those AAU medical students on this group should please also share their Advice.thanks.. 08183926896
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jargo89(m): 2:09pm On Nov 24, 2015
Catalyst4real:

If I had attempted to reply, I wouldnt have said better. Kudos to your thinking. I would have given u a medal if I had one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jargo89(m): 2:12pm On Nov 24, 2015
Jason555:
indeed bro , u just spoke mah mind.. This is actually dha best post I've read today. I'm also a medical aspirant who has been fighting for MBBS since 2013, yet to get it and I'm still gonna seat for another JAMB 2016 and this time around , I'm gonna apply for AAU and I'm sure I'm gonna get it this time.one thing ah know for sure is dha millions of people's life are tied to mah hands as a future medical Doctor and ah can't let them DIE.
I like that. Dont 4get something tho: Always involve God.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jargo89(m): 2:14pm On Nov 24, 2015
caryourday15:
Biochemistry or microbiology.....? Am aiming to be a chemical pathologist after my first degree.
MCB preferably, since Medical MCB is very related to Pathology.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 24, 2015
DOCTORPRESH:
If I had 257 + my post ume score I'ld have been admitted into medicine in DELSU.
What school did apply?
Really?,actually my parent wanted me to go for delsu,but i chosed unizik instead.I am not ready to stay at home because of strike despite the fact that i am an indigen of delta state.I will apply for both this year,and unfortunately delsu won't be my first choice!.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 2:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
caryourday15:
Medical laboratory science
Like in our school you get to choose a specialty when you reach 500level, they are viz: Chemical pathology, Histopatholgy, Haematology, and Medical microbiology.
You can also further your studies and get an MSc, PhD...
Good luck boss.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 3:40pm On Nov 24, 2015
Jason555:
Afternoon guys... Please , I'll need Advice on how to go about writing JAMB 2016 and securing Admission to study MBBS in AAU.I've been on this since 2013.please , those AAU medical students on this group should please also share their Advice.thanks.. 08183926896
Gud evening boss. Happy to have u here. I've posted my number on d other thread. Ask me any questions and I'll be glad to answer you. Take your time to read through d pages of dix thread. If it seems too much for u to read, u can read just the first 100 pages and last 100 pages. There's enough advice for u there. Good luck!!!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 24, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

Gud evening boss. Happy to have u here. I've posted my number on d other thread. Ask me any questions and I'll be glad to answer you. Take your time to read through d pages of dix thread. If it seems too much for u to read, u can read just the first 100 pages and last 100 pages. There's enough advice for u there. Good luck!!!
Thewhizzkid1:

Thewhizzkid1:

owk bro , thanks alot , ah weally appreciate.. I'll check for ur number and please , I'll like us to chat privately....what school and department are u... ?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by davbravo(m): 5:30pm On Nov 24, 2015
caryourday15:
instead of biochemistry or microbiology, why not choose medical Laboratory sciences. biochemists or microbiologists are not given licenses to practice in their field in Nigeria ..... with MLS you can do ur masters in chemical pathology
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DOCTORPRESH: 5:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
Drsuccess246:

Really?,actually my parent wanted me to go for delsu,but i chosed unizik instead.I am not ready to stay at home because of strike despite the fact that i am an indigen of delta state.I will apply for both this year,and unfortunately delsu won't be my first choice!.
If I'm re-applying I don't think I'll choose DELSU anyway.
But wait oo, UNIZIK no dey do strike?? The last ASUU strike also affected UNIZIK na
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 6:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
Jason555:
[b][/b]owk bro , thanks alot , ah weally appreciate.. I'll check for ur number and please , I'll like us to chat privately....what school and department are u... ?
I'm in AAU. I'm studying med and surg.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 24, 2015
Durentt:
English- 75
Physics- 66
chemistry- 79
Biology- 40

upon all the time you spent chasing ladiea on nairaland. u still know book like this.

RESPECT.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 24, 2015
FINgames:
upon all the time you spent chasing ladiea on nairaland. u still know book like this.

RESPECT.
Am humbled, sir grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zellie: 9:11pm On Nov 24, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

Zellie I wasn't able to make it to d cafe today so I'm sorry I won't be sending them. Tomorrow pls.
just saw this. Send it anytime you can.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 24, 2015
Thewhizzkid1:

I'm in AAU. I'm studying med and surg.
Nice one bro... Searched , u nad on whatsapp

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.