Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (307) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1835717 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by shotanny(f): 9:05am On Nov 17, 2015
add me on facebook or are u on whatsapp
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by shotanny(f): 9:06am On Nov 17, 2015
shotanny:
at atogirl
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by shotanny(f): 9:09am On Nov 17, 2015
Atogirl:
To me,the best idea is to write this coming jamb and make use of this long holiday to pray and read.
If you could beg your parents,do so.If not,just obey them.
thanks for the advice
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 17, 2015
260 JAMB, 285 PUTME given medical laboratory instead of medicine embarassed wah kinda country is this
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 17, 2015
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yakflowz(m): 10:48am On Nov 17, 2015
Durentt:
260 JAMB, 285 PUTME given medical laboratory instead of medicine embarassed wah kinda country is this
na wa oo.....which school?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 12:00pm On Nov 17, 2015
Durentt:
,, which institution is that , moreover u ar from which state
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Khan1993: 7:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
Durentt:
if not for the pume score, which is always in percentage, i would have say its UNILORIN. Like i would always warn medical aspirants, apply to schools that admit on merit and those with avowed cutoff and not some underground uni. Please dont get this wrong. I rever that great institution so much.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by heykims(m): 10:51pm On Nov 17, 2015
Millex:
I read recently that Peripartum Cardiomyopathy occurs 1 in 4000 pregnancies, I really don't understand what that means, Medics help. Also, is it possible for heart problems can be noticed from the hands? Or is it just myth?
Docs in the house thanks
It simply means that an average of 1 in every 4000 pregnant women come down with cardiomyopathy between pregnancy viability period (which is 28 weeks in Nigeria) and 7days after delivery.
U actually don't need this data anyway, rather bother ursef on maternal mortality rate etc.
For hand signs in heart diseases, there's something called peripheral stigmata of diseases which means signs u see in other parts of d body for some diseases. So heart diseases can give many signs elsewhere eg finger clubbing in d hands.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 10:55pm On Nov 17, 2015
heykims:

It simply means that an average of 1 in every 4000 pregnant women come down with cardiomyopathy between pregnancy viability period (which is 28 weeks in Nigeria) and 7days after delivery.
U actually don't need this data anyway, rather bother ursef on maternal mortality rate etc.
For hand signs in heart diseases, there's something called peripheral stigmata of diseases which means signs u see in other parts of d body for some diseases. So heart diseases can give many signs elsewhere eg finger clubbing in d hands.
Hmmmmm really insightful, really insightful
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ksudr(m): 10:41am On Nov 18, 2015
Hello Medics,
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Catalyst4real: 10:56am On Nov 18, 2015
Ksudr:
Hello Medics, With Enugu state of origin, where do u all thing I should apply for medicine. A sch where Medical study is cool.
UNN if you want to be favoured by Catchment.
Or University of Ibadan, UI doesn't consider catchment
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 18, 2015
Durentt:
see this notorius nairalander.i thought you where a gboy or something like that.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Atogirl: 1:49am On Nov 19, 2015
shotanny:
WhatsApp.You can drop your number or better still send a mail to me via nairaland
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 19, 2015
Drsuccess246:
I really want to be a medical doctor,but i have being disappointed twice by UNIZIK.I was thinking of going for engineering due to the fact that i enjoy engineering activities but hate studying their books.Right now,i am thinking of re-applying for med&surg in UI,is UNIZIK a good school for medicine? ,or should i go for Ui or rather go for the engineering ?,cuz i really want to go to skul as fast as possible i am tired of staying at home.
try in for uniben...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 9:06pm On Nov 19, 2015
Drsuccess246:
I really want to be a medical doctor,but i have being disappointed twice by UNIZIK.I was thinking of going for engineering due to the fact that i enjoy engineering activities but hate studying their books.Right now,i am thinking of re-applying for med&surg in UI,is UNIZIK a good school for medicine? ,or should i go for Ui or rather go for the engineering ?,cuz i really want to go to skul as fast as possible i am tired of staying at home.
If you want to be made, come to Unimaid
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DTee03: 4:57am On Nov 20, 2015
[quote author=charleymed post=12784303]HI GREAT PEOPLE, AM A MEDIC AT THHE UNIVERSITY OF JOS, I HOPE UR ALL CATCHING UP, I LOVE THIS THREAD.[/quote
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yungdoc12(m): 6:24am On Nov 20, 2015
I need a help plz, i luv to study surgery but the fee is 2 cost, can't sum1 see the cheapest sch fee
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yungdoc12(m): 6:24am On Nov 20, 2015
I need a help plz, i luv to study surgery but the fee is 2 cost, can't sum1 see the cheapest sch fee.......
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 20, 2015
FINgames:
see this notorius nairalander.i thought you where a gboy or something like that.
so notorious people cant do medicine?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 20, 2015
Drguzzykola:
,, which institution is that , moreover u ar from which state
UNN. My state of origin is kogi. Shud i accept d admission? Are med labs d same wit medicine
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 9:44am On Nov 20, 2015
Dbrainiac1:

If you want to be made, come to Unimaid
Boss please don't take it wrongly, I have heard great things about unimaid, I am just really scared cus of the insurgency nd insecurity, also how does the DE there work, do they write entrance exam?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yaqmoon56: 10:59am On Nov 20, 2015
Bro brainiac the brainy. please can i have your whatsapp contact? Gat somethings to ask you abt MBBS in the north. kindly help me out bro.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 12:03pm On Nov 20, 2015
yaqmoon56:
Bro brainiac the brainy.
please can i have your whatsapp contact?
Gat somethings to ask you abt MBBS in the north.
kindly help me out bro.

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 12:10pm On Nov 20, 2015
Millex:

Boss please don't take it wrongly, I have heard great things about unimaid, I am just really scared cus of the insurgency nd insecurity, also how does the DE there work, do they write entrance exam?
There's no need to be scared, things are getting better, I can assure you that peace is here. Many students from other parts of Nigeria are here in numbers. If your result is good and commendable you'll be admitted, no doubt about it, but you gotta pray. And no entrance exams are taken, we don't even do putme here.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Catalyst4real: 12:39pm On Nov 20, 2015
Durenttt:
UNN. My state of origin is kogi. Shud i accept d admission? Are med labs d same wit medicine
Hehehehe, no don't accept it, stay at home and keep writing Jamb.
Some people just love writing jamb, like they have something to prove to Dibu, like they want to use their score to shock him cheesy

Do your research and see what Lab scientists are doing.
There's always that conviction that you're Meant to be a doctor and nothing else, been there, felt it.

But you have to be wise at the same time, because, abandoning a big bird in hand, because of a bigger bird in View is an insult to prudence.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 2:50pm On Nov 20, 2015
Millex:

UNIMAID? I'd pray 4 u brother.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 4:16pm On Nov 20, 2015
Durenttt:
Accept the med lab, though not dsame wit medicine , take the next jamb , choose Uniport ( no tribalism in merit list, ) , I learnt jamb is next year February,
Giv all ur best to get 290+, like my boss will said (400 is not impossible ) ,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.