Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,789 members, 7,831,550 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1844266 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tundeks: 2:05am On Mar 26, 2016
angiography:

you can get more info by typing that on Google than I could type here.

I hope you understand me. But to give a picture, it involves using physical methods (heat, light, massage, muscle exercise, percussion) in maximising muscular physiological functioning. E.g, a doctor can stop the progress of stroke in a patient, however a physiotherapists bring such patient to a relative optimal functioning of the muscles again. There's also a sub-degree of occupational therapy.

The pay is on the same scale as pharmacists.

on a lighter note, u fit work in arsenal FC. lol
lol, na NFF he, ll work. Being successfully in life is not all about what we study in school but all of us always want medicine. Physio is a good course, it's only just dt it's not valued in Nigeria.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by tundeks: 2:11am On Mar 26, 2016
Donpre:

does lasu take "preferred choice" applicants?.... something similar to second choice
If u want medicine in LASU, dnt select her as second choice. The school consider only first choice for medicine and other competitive courses.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Brannyslim: 7:29am On Mar 26, 2016
toyingbad:
I'm a 400l medical student in Lasu though I did a first degree in OOU, BSc Anatomy. I entered through normal Jamb, I didn't take d. E form. I must say, going through the two schools, LASUTH is better than OOUTH. My last school fees was 37,500(hostel fees inclusive with 24 hours power supply ) . Though it differs with class but the highest would be in final year that's 70 something thousand. So financially it's good for the quality.

Looking forward to meeting u... I guess u r the badfire toyin v been hearing about...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 2:27pm On Mar 26, 2016
tundeks:
If u want medicine in LASU, dnt select her as second choice. The school consider only first choice for medicine and other competitive courses.
okay.... how much is the fee for med students?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by walleygee01: 1:01am On Mar 27, 2016
Brannyslim:

Nt really.... But maybe in the fees aspect sha...Can't really say much about private uni experiences in that field sha. But will advise u go for state or federal..

Thanks bro
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by walleygee01: 1:02am On Mar 27, 2016
Dbrainiac1:
2013, 2014 was 200, last year was 240... dis year na wa o

Is dat for only jamb, or jamb + post jamb?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by walleygee01: 1:04am On Mar 27, 2016
toyingbad:

I'm not a lagosian and I'm studying Medicine in Lasu. It's purely based on meeting cut off mark. Though the cutting off us lower for Lagos insurance but I entered without knowing anybody. I simply met the cut off

U can't compare then to now. Esp when Lasu fee has become cheaper and they r not even releasing departmental cut off... I only hope dis yr admission is based on transparency
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by walleygee01: 1:06am On Mar 27, 2016
Thank you all for all d advice... I hope I don't regret I choose lasu... As I can't stand d tot of anoda 1yr at home
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kingjms010(m): 1:16am On Mar 27, 2016
Asking for a friend? Can a UTME score of 240 be offered Medicine at LAUTECH?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:00am On Mar 27, 2016
toyingbad:
I'm a 400l medical student in Lasu though I did a first degree in OOU, BSc Anatomy. I entered through normal Jamb, I didn't take d. E form. I must say, going through the two schools, LASUTH is better than OOUTH. My last school fees was 37,500(hostel fees inclusive with 24 hours power supply ) . Though it differs with class but the highest would be in final year that's 70 something thousand. So financially it's good for the quality.
really?? Sir, u should know Dr. Adefule, Dr. Adenowo (OOU) e.t.c.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 8:14am On Mar 27, 2016
walleygee01:

Is dat for only jamb, or jamb + post jamb?
Jamb
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by calebify1(m): 8:22am On Mar 27, 2016
Dimejimichael:
Pls guys,can my sister got admitted in Unilorin for Med wit 234marks in Jamb...we heard der cutoff marks is 235
Pls help oooooooooo
There are loads of school to pick.... I had 247 and 80% . wasn't given any course. Let her change her institution.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dr5nguy(m): 5:07pm On Mar 27, 2016
Millex:

Was about to say just that

Pls hw feasible is 203 for MBBS in unimaidhw is der pume conductedhw many aspirants are admitted yrly?.........pls I'm changing my skul/course (4rm bds to OD in uniben or MBBS in unimaid n I nid ur advice.....

#confused_jambite
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by walleygee01: 5:16pm On Mar 27, 2016
please how can one surmount the Almighty post utme of university of Ibadan? asking for a friend tho...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Isaolamide: 5:20pm On Mar 27, 2016
[quote author=kingjms010 post=44143139]Asking for a friend? Can a UTME score of 240 be offered Medicine at LAUTECH?
[/quote

Add me on WhatsApp.I'm also Lautech aspirant MBBS via 07032430757
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Isaolamide: 5:24pm On Mar 27, 2016
Who know anything about Lautech MBBS should should please message me on WhatsApp with my number above
Also I need Lautech past questions.

Please does anyone know if lasu accept second choice for mbbs
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bukkiminat(f): 7:26pm On Mar 27, 2016
walleygee01:
please how can one surmount the Almighty post utme of university of Ibadan? asking for a friend tho...

JAMB PQ n lamlad shud do
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 27, 2016
is AAU a good place 2 study medicine.....and what teaching hospital do they use
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by preciousnobel(m): 8:07pm On Mar 27, 2016
Good evening, house! Pls what is your opinion on the new NUC directive for MBBS? Do you think it can ever be implemented?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Brownhypo: 9:42pm On Mar 27, 2016
MY WARM GREETINGS TO THE MEEK DOCS. AND ASPIRANTS HERE.

Please, i need help on my academic journey to UNILAG with the composite score of 226 in my UTME for BDS. Is 226 a fair score for BDS ? Considering the fact that large percentage of UTME candidates this year didn't score high.

Please, your advice/contributions will be gladly appreciated.

CC: Lagusta
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 9:55pm On Mar 27, 2016
ultron1234:
is AAU a good place 2 study medicine.....and what teaching hospital do they use
I think your questions would be well answered over here https://www.nairaland.com/2766922/ambrose-alli-university-ekpoma-aau

Anyway, from what I've read do far, as long as the school is accredited, then you'll be alrite... A good medic isn't as a result of his choice of school, its more about his own input towards building himself.

Also I hear AAU has 2 teaching hospitals... check the thread for more info

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 27, 2016
Donpre:

I think your questions would be well answered over here https://www.nairaland.com/2766922/ambrose-alli-university-ekpoma-aau

Anyway, from what I've read do far, as long as the school is accredited, then you'll be alrite... A good medic isn't as a result of his choice of school, its more about his own input towards building himself.

Also I hear AAU has 2 teaching hospitals... check the thread for more info
Nice one bro... Greetings...

How's everything with you..?

Concluded? Ah mean on dha choice to make..?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 10:37pm On Mar 27, 2016
Jason555:
Nice one bro... Greetings...

How's everything with you..?

Concluded? Ah mean on dha choice to make..?
just the guy ultron needs, plz do well to debrief him on everything, you might just have a genius as a coursemate come next semester

About me, well things re gud, Easter was tha bomb (Happy Easter by the way), it stole me from my books for a while, reading continues by exactly 12:01am.... as for the choice, I'm still indecisive buh everybody(family & friends) keeps saying NDU would be better, so I'm more inclined to choose NDU. Still open for AAU, if the price is reduced

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by PilotOz(m): 1:30am On Mar 28, 2016
Donpre:

just the guy ultron needs, plz do well to debrief him on everything, you might just have a genius as a coursemate come next semester

About me, well things re gud, Easter was tha bomb (Happy Easter by the way), it stole me from my books for a while, reading continues by exactly 12:01am.... as for the choice, I'm still indecisive buh everybody(family & friends) keeps saying NDU would be better, so I'm more inclined to choose NDU. Still open for AAU, if the price is reduced
Hmm.. Thats nice. Bro, i revamped my reading pattern. This time i dnt read those straight hours anymore. I figured out that the straight hours i did for my jamb only benefited my bio and eng, but it didn't help my phy and chem that much, becos i was just having a go at my phy and i didn't give myself tym to check hw well i understood the concept (u knw d pressure to cover the syllabus was there) Now, i just study my phy for less than 1hr with plenty of rest and space, i made up flash cards were i write the many formulars down, and also some important concept, and everymorning i check them up.. I practise with questions and i can now easily recall d formulars, something i had a problem with during the jamb preparation. For the jamb, bio and eng were our strong holds, hw about having all four as strong holds for the p-utme? Cheers bro.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 28, 2016
Donpre:

Ah really do nad know if NDU has full MBBS accreditation anyways bhu I'll like to have you by mah side in AAUCOM come September this year..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:36am On Mar 28, 2016
PilotOz:

Hmm.. Thats nice. Bro, i revamped my reading pattern. This time i dnt read those straight hours anymore. I figured out that the straight hours i did for my jamb only benefited my bio and eng, but it didn't help my phy and chem that much, becos i was just having a go at my phy and i didn't give myself tym to check hw well i understood the concept (u knw d pressure to cover the syllabus was there) Now, i just study my phy for less than 1hr with plenty of rest and space, i made up flash cards were i write the many formulars down, and also some important concept, and everymorning i check them up.. I practise with questions and i can now easily recall d formulars, something i had a problem with during the jamb preparation. For the jamb, bio and eng were our strong holds, hw about having all four as strong holds for the p-utme? Cheers bro.
@Donpre and PilotOz ... Una own good...
Presently, I'm yet to figure out a suitable reading system for this POST UME... Let's just say ah haven't even started reading.. God help me sha !
Ah surely know grace will abound sha bhu if you do have any good reading system, please, share with friend grin grin

Good morning all...

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 28, 2016
@Donpre

Pardon me sire , ah never knew you've been looking for how to go about dha change of institution form stuff....

Well, from Friends dhat have done theirs, the form can't be gotten in a JAMB office yet rather, it can be done on some of this standard cyber cafe's...

Some of mah friends said dey did theirs for 4000N and did the Jamb original result for 1500..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dr5nguy(m): 9:48am On Mar 28, 2016
Jason555:
@Donpre

Pardon me sire , ah never knew you've been looking for how to go about dha change of institution form stuff....

Well, from Friends dhat have done theirs, the form can't be gotten in a JAMB office yet rather, it can be done on some of this standard cyber cafe's...

Some of mah friends said dey did theirs for 4000N and did the Jamb original result for 1500..

Sorry to interfere bT 4000k 4 coc?dats pretty high gan!!!murova I tot Senate asked Jamb to make it free?well,I will b goin to Jamb office 2moa
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 28, 2016
Dr5nguy:

Sorry to interfere bT 4000k 4 coc?dats pretty high gan!!!murova I tot Senate asked Jamb to make it free?well,I will b goin to Jamb office 2moa
Did you just say Senate ? Lol... You talking like you don't know Nigeria... JAMB didn't agree ..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 10:26am On Mar 28, 2016
Jason555:
Ah really do nad know if NDU has full MBBS accreditation anyways bhu I'll like to have you by mah side in AAUCOM come September this year..
NDU has full accreditation, with a quota of admitting 50 students, I'm just worried about how good the lecturers and the teaching hospital is, considering its a relatively new school.

Thanks for the COC info, mehn dude you just made my day. I know a standard cafe that does COC, ama pay them a visit this week.

@Bolded something tells me you don't really mean that

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 10:39am On Mar 28, 2016
@PilotOz

Guy you don finish work be that!.. I never really thought of using flash cards, I just read a chapter, read it again, close ma textbook, make a summary, then read the chapter again and then see which parts weren't in the summary, then answer questions... if I fail any, I'd read the chapter again and again till I get all the questions correctly and also till my summary is absolutely in line

I do this for chem and phy (I'm not sure I'd open my bio ever) and it has been working for me(surprisingly).... I might adopt your flash card technique for physics formulas, those guys are quote volatile.

well bro, you're lucky sha, your school doesn't do maths in their putme, NDU does and no calc is allowed.... Erm good with maths, buh the no calc thingy is frustrating, dunno if I still wanna go to that school sef, them too get wahala.

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.