Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,528 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1840261 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by gentlesoul196: 7:45am On Mar 14, 2016
I have a question

If a scholarship advert is made and Medicine alone is use for applicant, does it mean dentistry cannot apply or the medicine covers for both MBBS and BDS?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by samsolite(m): 8:10am On Mar 14, 2016
MissParagon:
hi all, just came across this thread. I just got admission to study medicine through direct entry, but the problem is that am currently serving. I don't know if I should forfeit the service and enter school or to defer my admission and finish youth service. or to do the both at a time by being a ghost Corper and being in school. your advice plssss. its really urgent.

Hello MissParagon, congratulations on your admission into college of Medicine.

I'd like to know if DE applicants to UNIZIK have to take POST-DE exams and what the subject combinations are.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 8:16am On Mar 14, 2016
Wishing all Unilag CMUL Medicine and Dentistry success in their 1st Professional exam commencing 2day.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 9:37am On Mar 14, 2016
samsolite:

Hello MissParagon, congratulations on your admission into college of Medicine.

I'd like to know if DE applicants to UNIZIK have to take POST-DE exams and what the subject combinations are.
Yh it's Enlish.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dotunibrahim7(m): 12:38pm On Mar 14, 2016
can someone pls upload pictures of ui gym
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 14, 2016
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doctor21(m): 4:18pm On Mar 14, 2016
Vicjay1:
#TeamAAU_EKPOMA storming Uniben tomorrow...
uniben welcome team AAU... hope u re coming vicjay1?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 5:38pm On Mar 14, 2016
Hello, Med aspirant here.... wanna inquire for the oga(s) at the top

Are Doctors who graduated from state universities segregated/discriminated or in plain words, are they seen as inferior when compared with Doctors from Fed Universities

Please I'm just trying to make a good career choice.... Thanks in advance for your response(s)grin
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lilnovak: 8:52pm On Mar 14, 2016
Hi everyone one am new here and a MBBS aspirant
Pls any tip for me concerning the course in general
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 8:58pm On Mar 14, 2016
Hello, has anyone seen that stupid nuc policy on the frontpage? I pray it never holds IJN. It was seven years before now eleven haa!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by guiltless(m): 9:42pm On Mar 14, 2016
Donpre:
Hello, Med aspirant here.... wanna inquire for the oga(s) at the top

Are Doctors who graduated from state universities segregated/discriminated or in plain words, are they seen as inferior when compared with Doctors from Fed Universities

Please I'm just trying to make a good career choice.... Thanks in advance for your response(s)grin

No segregation or discrimination as they all have the same license. #I leave the stage for my ogas in the house 2 shed more light on that
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 15, 2016
RoastedCorn:
2016 NIMSA games . . to be hosted by UNIBEN starting on the 14th

#TeamUNIBEN
what's the competition about. is it sport, quiz competition or what.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RoastedCorn(m): 2:20pm On Mar 15, 2016
Page07:
what's the competition about. is it sport, quiz competition or what.
games . . sports
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 6:14pm On Mar 15, 2016
guiltless:

No segregation or discrimination as they all have the same license. #I leave the stage for my ogas in the house 2 shed more light on that
thanks a lot pal, your response is very much appreciated #ErmGrateful.... ah just hope the ogas in the house ain't too busy to shed some more light on the issue
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 7:22pm On Mar 15, 2016
drdrei09:
can you drop your email please, I wanna ask you somethings
Send me a pm through Nairaland.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Danyl(m): 7:36pm On Mar 15, 2016
Gbsks:
Hello, has anyone seen that stupid nuc policy on the frontpage? I pray it never holds IJN. It was seven years before now eleven haa!
MDCN has debunked that NUC policy, they said NUC has no constitutional right to determine the number of years students spend in school. you can use Google to clarify my statement. for now only the 7yrs from MDCN last review is going to hold. if that 11years is going to be the norm, Nigeria is on a destructive path. Many people have gone astray because of useless policies like this.... even in countries where theirs is 4years, they are better equipped than Nigeria. It there is a guarantee that you will be a junior resident by the end of DT 11yrs people will join queue at least you are on a career path already and that makes sure you stay in the field.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by drdrei09: 7:42pm On Mar 15, 2016
Thewhizzkid1:

Send me a pm through Nairaland.
i dont use this email anymore, I have Forgotten the password. Can you send a pm to jaydruke@gmail.com please
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 9:09pm On Mar 15, 2016
Danyl:

MDCN has debunked that NUC policy, they said NUC has no constitutional right to determine the number of years students spend in school. you can use Google to clarify my statement. for now only the 7yrs from MDCN last review is going to hold. if that 11years is going to be the norm, Nigeria is on a destructive path. Many people have gone astray because of useless policies like this.... even in countries where theirs is 4years, they are better equipped than Nigeria. It there is a guarantee that you will be a junior resident by the end of DT 11yrs people will join queue at least you are on a career path already and that makes sure you stay in the field.
7yrs? Housemanship inclusive abi? Thanks anyway.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doctor21(m): 9:41pm On Mar 15, 2016
Nimsa update...
football..male category
uniben 3:0 Bowen
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Doctor21(m): 9:42pm On Mar 15, 2016
Nimsa update...
football..male category
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 10:16pm On Mar 15, 2016
Kai bowen fall hand choi
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 15, 2016
The new NUC policy of eleven years is not feasible and realistic. British MBBS students study for five years and their Indian counterparts, four and half years (after 12 years of primary and secondary education). These indian students read guyton, ganong, vasudevan, Chaurasia, Gray's e.t.c (we read the same textbooks). I made this comparison to prove to you that we need adequate facilities not extra year.
Six years is enough for a good medical education. Indians who study anatomy, physiology and biochemistry for a year (we use 18 months) are very good in clinical practice. We don't need donkey years to be manually dexterous or intellectually fit for clinical practice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 15, 2016
Millex:
Kai bowen fall hand choi
lol
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 15, 2016
Millex:
Kai bowen fall hand choi
lol... 3-0 1 fr horsemanship, d other for residency and last goal for consultancy.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fabzgrace(f): 9:53am On Mar 16, 2016
Doctor21:
Nimsa update...
football..male category
Great UNIBEN!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Danyl(m): 11:01am On Mar 16, 2016
Gbsks:
7yrs? Housemanship inclusive abi? Thanks anyway.
housemanship will be the 8th year.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smileysmiley(f): 11:12am On Mar 16, 2016
danox:
.The information in the brochure is sometimes unrelaible.I wil appreciate a direct information from someone in UNILAG
were you able to apply to unilag for direct entry cause I'm considering it and I have a first degree in botany too
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 2:48pm On Mar 16, 2016
smileysmiley:
were you able to apply to unilag for direct entry cause I'm considering it and I have a first degree in botany too
Hope your first degree is a first honour and considering a Degree for MBBS unilag is a lil bit hard cos degree holder wasn't admitted last year.Only unilag foundation student and less than 7 A-level candidates.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by smileysmiley(f): 2:54pm On Mar 16, 2016
labodinho:
Hope your first degree is a first honour and considering a Degree for MBBS unilag is a lil bit hard cos degree holder wasn't admitted last year.Only unilag foundation student and less than 7 A-level candidates.
I have a 2:1 from botany unilag, should that not be a plus considering the "alma mater" factor
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by labodinho: 3:16pm On Mar 16, 2016
smileysmiley:
I have a 2:1 from botany unilag, should that not be a plus considering the "alma mater" factor
First class would have been better since you're from unilag(thru who you knw,u get),but 2.1 is less considered to be frank.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Venus007(f): 11:07pm On Mar 16, 2016
Fabzgrace:
Great UNIBEN!
Great!! grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lindseynicole: 2:50pm On Mar 17, 2016
Fake game plans can be a wellspring of issues that can stick around for a long time. There are the bigger piece of people who have made genuine prosperity tangle, for occasion, advancement, liver issues like pancreas glitch because of use of un-ensured courses of action. This is extravagant and debilitates the life of the clients. The clients who purchase drug online from medication designating shops that work in bootleg market just hazard their life. With improve duplication of un-ensured remedies and copy pharmaceuticals, it is sure that a mass responsibility is required by the medications and things shippers, government divisions and the clients so as to offer course of action like Lorazepam 2 mg. There has been an improve in clients grievances make from the utilization of solution things, which have not been allowed as fit for use. There are different confirmed online prescription store stores you can get on the Internet easily. These online pharmaceutical store shops help through reprimand to focus the sort of things such as Ambian Gen ( Zolpidem ) 10mg, which you require to take. You can purchase Ayurved things on the web. You can comparably by answers for wretchedness, and diminishing up top from these best online prescription store stores and this will be useful in redirecting online solution store traps. With these medicine store stores, you require to introduce a pharmaceutical from an ensured master recollecting the choosing target to be conveyed the solution.

A Ret Gel | Differin Gel

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.