Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (375) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1831897 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrAmanda(f): 11:19pm On Jun 02, 2016
jemmiee:
Even in delsu, the basic medical science students have same course outline so that peeps with 4.cgpa and above can cross over to medicine in their year three and write MB if they're interested.

Just a little correction

In Delsu, if you choose to cross over via transfer at any level (200l and above), you're going to start mbbs from 200l

Also, at Delsu, our course outline differs a lot from that of BMS

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 7:00am On Jun 03, 2016
In Unizik, Anatomy and Physiology are under Basic Medical Sciences
Radiography, Med. Lab., Physiotherapy/Med. Rehab, and Nursing are under Health Sciences and Tech.
Pharmacy- Pharmaceutical sciences
Meidicine- Medical Science.
jemmiee:
In Unical, biochemistry, physiology and anatomy are under basic medical school sciences, radiography, public health science, nursing and medical lab science are under allied medical school science, medicine and surgery and dentistry are under clinical sciences.
i don't know why a school will categorise Nursing etc as BMS
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simba1: 7:08am On Jun 03, 2016
Is it possible in your school to cross from 100L to Medicine? Because in mine it's impossicant!
DrAmanda:

Just a little correction

In Delsu, if you choose to cross over via transfer at any level (200l and above), you're going to start mbbs from 200l

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 8:34am On Jun 03, 2016
DrAmanda:

Just a little correction

duly noted. Thanks for the correction.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 8:36am On Jun 03, 2016
simba1:
Radiography, Med. Lab., Physiotherapy/Med. Rehab, and Nursing are under Health Sciences and Tech.
Aionno o. Well that's Nigeria for you. Whatever rocks your boat, go with it.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by AmbFitsaint(m): 9:17am On Jun 03, 2016
dapsondou:

LOL
Yeah I need time but not 6 months. And I don't think distinction will be based on our final exams alone. Tests will have their say too.
That your comment about physiology dept got me laughing

Heard your gist oooo BTW.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by flexcalvin: 10:09am On Jun 03, 2016
Mrn guys,preparing for next yrs jamb.Need some study tips from u gurus....(MBBS)Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrAmanda(f): 10:12am On Jun 03, 2016
simba1:
Is it possible in your school to cross from 100L to Medicine? Because in mine it's impossicant!

Nah.. Not possible too.. Unless through Jamb
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by lepasharon(f): 10:24am On Jun 03, 2016
I ask again, is there anyone here in the UK going for graduate entry medicine?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 12:27pm On Jun 03, 2016
Ha God! Concerning this issue of post utme scrapping i think i have no other choice but to resort to doing D.E. This country is just so annoying.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bush2013: 1:42pm On Jun 03, 2016
Gbsks:
Ha God! Concerning this issue of post utme scrapping i think i have no other choice but to resort to doing D.E. This country is just so annoying.
prepare for your post jamb exam, I am 100% sure that Nigerian Universities won't accept that decision. Watch out

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by JAZIK(m): 1:48pm On Jun 03, 2016
in UNIUYO, it's very impossible to swap fro BM to med surg.
you fail any science course in first YR in any of the semesters you'll be withdrawn from the college.
med school is tyt here.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dapsondou(m): 3:07pm On Jun 03, 2016
AmbFitsaint:

Heard your gist oooo BTW.
My Gist?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 3:34pm On Jun 03, 2016
Bush2013:
prepare for your post jamb exam, I am 100% sure that Nigerian Universities won't accept that decision. Watch out
ok thanks man
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dalyjay(m): 3:36pm On Jun 03, 2016
afternoon guys, pls I need to know if I have to do and take did subject seriously in 100 level not yet deer but I tink I willnt b needing physics math again.... am I right?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dalyjay(m): 3:37pm On Jun 03, 2016
afternoon guys, pls I need to know if I have to do and take did subject seriously in 100 level not yet deer but I tink I willnt b needing physics math DAT much.... am I right?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Genius101(m): 3:41pm On Jun 03, 2016
Bush2013:
i quite agree with u.
if them pressurise jamb small now them go maintain buh maybe it would ve been best sha..4 example i got 263 last yr nd wrote unizik putme 4 pharm nd my result was invalid.it also affected a fwend with 286 buh d sch did nuffing abt it hence denying us buh if there was no putme we would b studying with our mates by now.. d point is it wont favour some people nd would favour some jst like putme does nt favour everyone
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Genius101(m): 3:48pm On Jun 03, 2016
there was a yr i got 84 in unizik putme nd they decided nt to release cutoff mark jst so dat we wont knw whether or nt we merit it thereby selling it out to d rich... both jamb nd putme re corrupt buh na putme corrupt pass.. one must go
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 4:53pm On Jun 03, 2016
Dalyjay:
afternoon guys, pls I need to know if I have to do and take did subject seriously in 100 level not yet deer but I tink I willnt b needing physics math DAT much.... am I right?
Chief, if other Universities do it the way it was done in Bowen, you would do all the science's. Physics, Chem, Biology, Maths, English (GST). You just has to take all 100 level courses seriously, I hope you heard what happened with Unilag that some students weren't allowed to cross over to College of Medicine. It happens in other schools too (the crossing over) in essence, when you get in take everything seriously. It's really painful to have being in medicine in 100l then be bumped to other courses because one is unable to cross over to College.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 4:59pm On Jun 03, 2016
Genius101:
there was a yr i got 84 in unizik putme nd they decided nt to release cutoff mark jst so dat we wont knw whether or nt we merit it thereby selling it out to d rich... both jamb nd putme re corrupt buh na putme corrupt pass.. one must go
Man, sorry about that, I feel your pain, only God knows how admission would be this year. Hope you aren't picking unizik again this year?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 6:39pm On Jun 03, 2016
Genius101:
i quite agree with u.
if them pressurise jamb small now them go maintain buh maybe it would ve been best sha..4 example i got 263 last yr nd wrote unizik putme 4 pharm nd my result was invalid.it also affected a fwend with 286 buh d sch did nuffing abt it hence denying us buh if there was no putme we would b studying with our mates by now.. d point is it wont favour some people nd would favour some jst like putme does nt favour everyone
I can't believe you're still writing like this. Please learn to write properly, thank you.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Genius101(m): 6:40pm On Jun 03, 2016
Millex:

Man, sorry about that, I feel your pain, only God knows how admission would be this year. Hope you aren't picking unizik again this year?
no oo boss fear no let me o... d vc was d 1st to condemn jamb's new policy jst so they can continue extorting students... may God help us
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 7:35pm On Jun 03, 2016
Gbsks:
DE sure pass if they do that ridiculous reshuffling.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 7:37pm On Jun 03, 2016
Genius101:
i quite agree with u.
omoh it's a two way thing.. Either way, it's for my favour jare o. God is in control.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jemmiee(f): 7:40pm On Jun 03, 2016
charleymed:
I can't believe you're still writing like this. Please learn to write properly, thank you.
Like seriously?? Someone is lamenting and all you see is his written English? #shocked
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drdonzeez(m): 8:13pm On Jun 03, 2016
simba1:
Oga itk,so you know more than those that Implemented it?Benin operates a collegiate system with three schools..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by juicydiceyjoe(m): 8:19pm On Jun 03, 2016
An interesting conversation on the youths; What really can be done personally for you to make you more interested in farming? smiley

Post your replies and read others here
http://jacktank.me/t/what-really-can-be-done-to-make-you-the-youth-interested-in-agriculture/36
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Genius101(m): 9:32pm On Jun 03, 2016
charleymed:
haha broda no mind me o bros.. i wasn't writing to impress anyone hence i wasn't mindful of the errors.it's just the way i flow but since u got d msg no p...am not saying that am perfect at writing but i can actually do better than that.i do understand your point, since am passing a message,i should make it as precise as possible
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Genius101(m): 9:38pm On Jun 03, 2016
jemmiee:
Like seriously?? Someone is lamenting and all you see is his written English? #shocked
lol abi? d guy want use me shine... who English don epp
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Furiad(m): 11:12pm On Jun 03, 2016
mm-goodevening docs(its actually night tho)..Am not finding PHY 103 funny at all...I hope I'll be dropping those(Phy 101,105 and the Math) after 100L-not like I can't do'em...only desiring more 'specialty'

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by buharisbae(f): 11:27pm On Jun 03, 2016
hey docs can sum1 cross over from physiology to MBBS in 200l Unilag?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by laryom1(m): 11:32pm On Jun 03, 2016
buharisbae:
hey docs can sum1 cross over from physiology to MBBS in 200l Unilag?
the moniker grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (372) (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.