Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,627 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1835208 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Major0303(m): 8:05am On Sep 11, 2016
Please, What are the course outline for new medical student in uniben
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zellie: 11:24am On Sep 11, 2016
Major0303:
Please, What are the course outline for new medical student in uniben
Physics, Chemistry, Biology (plant & animal), GSTs
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faybobby(m): 5:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
In Anticipation of UI MBBS.I can't wait to get aboard this year.I rep team medics in the house.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by iaamxavier(m): 5:38pm On Sep 11, 2016
okay im really sad i didnt meet the cut off for unilag mbbs

scored 72 bur cut off is 79 and im not from the catchment area i feel like giving up on medicine but im lost

guess ill stick with science lab tech in yabatech
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 11, 2016
iaamxavier:

scored 72 bur cut off is 79 and im not from the catchment area i feel like giving up on medicine but im lost

wat was ur waec total
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IamLukas(m): 6:01pm On Sep 11, 2016
Why Yabatech?
Wont UniLag give U anything else?
U did well...
iaamxavier:

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by iaamxavier(m): 6:35pm On Sep 11, 2016
catal:
wat was ur waec total
Waec 41
jamb 31.6
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by iaamxavier(m): 6:38pm On Sep 11, 2016
IamLukas:
Why Yabatech?
Wont UniLag give U anything else?
U did well...

sad i dunno if they'll give me any other course and beside i didnt even know the coc ended so,i didnt apply

and if they are to even give me ill be botany fishery and zoology etc

im really depressed i dont like this year method of screening
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by davbravo(m): 6:43pm On Sep 11, 2016
iaamxavier:

sad i dunno if they'll give me any other course and beside i didnt even know the coc ended so,i didnt apply

It's a pity..... that's why I was against the cancellation of post utme...... now even those that got Straight A's through runs in their O'level automatically have 50points........And don't lose hope
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
iaamxavier:

Waec 41

jamb 31.6
u can try to write waec again cos as much as i'm opposed to this new system, it wont change anytime soon.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IamLukas(m): 7:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
I dnt really think so many persons like et.
I still dnt knw what UniBen will adopt,but am not gonna give up.
I will take anything and take another shot.
U can do the same Bro.
Ur waec was a good one.
iaamxavier:

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Fabeh15(m): 9:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
Pls is there any Uniabuja medical student in the house? Pls, what is the current situation in your med school, Are you guys doing Clinicals?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Profcamsey(m): 6:39am On Sep 12, 2016
Hello house, its been a long time. Pls does ASUU strike affect clinical students?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 12:19pm On Sep 12, 2016
Profcamsey:
Hello house, its been a long time. Pls does ASUU strike affect clinical students?
it does not affect but in the real sense it does because you will be offering pathology and pharmacology in clinical years.
Path&pharm are basic medical courses being offered in clinical years.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Profcamsey(m): 2:12pm On Sep 12, 2016
Vcojuro:

it does not affect but in the real sense it does because you will be offering pathology and pharmacology in clinical years.
Path&pharm are basic medical courses being offered in clinical years.
Are you saying it only affects 400 levstudents in clinicals?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Major0303(m): 4:00pm On Sep 12, 2016
Thanks, brother
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 12, 2016
catal:
wat was ur waec total
Some schools are puttn 280 as medicine cut-off. My aspired school hasn't announced thiers yet, ABU to be precise. Am on 273.2 as my average. Am I safe? Am nt from a catchment area though, i am from Enugu.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 12, 2016
xlow:

Some schools are puttn 280 as medicine cut-off. My aspired school hasn't announced thiers yet. Am on 273.2 as my average. Am I safe? Am nt from a catchment area though.
Abu to be precise.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 12, 2016
xlow:

Some schools are puttn 280 as medicine cut-off. My aspired school hasn't announced thiers yet, ABU to be precise. Am on 273.2 as my average. Am I safe? Am nt from a catchment area though, i am from Enugu.
i dont knw about the admission system in ABU bt i pray get it.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 6:42pm On Sep 12, 2016
Profcamsey:
Are you saying it only affects 400 levstudents in clinicals?
path and pharm runs till 500 level before the third mb examination in the University of ibadan.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Isaolamide: 9:51pm On Sep 12, 2016
Jum19:
I pray God help me 2 as he helped u guys... Though am a pedite of lautech smiley
y
Guy give me your number.we need to talk
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Profcamsey(m): 11:07pm On Sep 12, 2016
Vcojuro:
path and pharm runs till 500 level before the third mb examination in the University of ibadan.
oh I have forgotten unibadan now follow the new curriculum. That's good
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bush2013: 5:00am On Sep 13, 2016
Profcamsey:
oh I have forgotten unibadan now follow the new curriculum. That's good
please somebody should highlight what the unibadan new curriculum is all about and its implications.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by preciousnobel(m): 5:42am On Sep 13, 2016
Bush2013:
please somebody should highlight what the unibadan new curriculum is all about and its implications.
Someone should pls answer this ASAP.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faybobby(m): 9:38am On Sep 13, 2016
Please any UI medics in the house?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Avicennabayo(m): 9:54am On Sep 13, 2016
lomaxx:

The only books I bought there are:

1) Norman Browse
2) Falase (big and small)

The rest were downloaded from the World Wide Web into a tablet. Depends on whether you are a hard copy or soft copy person.

Apart from the prices, most of them are not available in Nigeria. If you're good to go with soft copy, I'll guide you to where you can download all of them.

For HistoPathology, start with Pathology secrets. For Microbiology, get Clinical Microbiology made Ridiculously Simple(I forgot this one. Played a pivot role in my MCB successes). For Chemical Pathology, Primer would do. Hoffbrand would do for Hematology.

For Pharm, start with USMLE Pharm. if you graze your foundation with this one, I won't be surprised if you have a distinction in Pharm.

You need to know your signs and symptoms, this is where I recommend Alagappan instead of Hutchinson. It has a more tropical perspective.

Buy Norman Browse, it's gonna cover the lapses made by Alagappan.

You need a guide. I can give you course outlines in each of everything to start studying. Drop your mail.
pls I also need those texts my mail is bayoskeel74@gmail.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Avicennabayo(m): 9:56am On Sep 13, 2016
faybobby:
Please any UI medics in the house?
yes
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DROLA11: 11:05am On Sep 13, 2016
Avicennabayo:
yes
bro plz can I get ur phone number .....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 12:03pm On Sep 13, 2016
Dr lomaxx. Pls sir how can I contact u, sent u a pm but since u've not replied. I need ur help urgently.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 12:37pm On Sep 13, 2016
Hmmm. Just read some of the previous pages of this wonderful thread. It was fun reading some of the comments I made when I was just a novice, a small boy who knew nothing about medial school. Life is indeed a stage. No need for shortcuts. We'll all make it one day and looking back, we'll all laugh at some of our childish behaviours. It still amazed me anyway that there was still a wealth of information hidden in the pages of this thread which I had no clue about. Dr lagusta, Dr lomaxx, Dr ebsuguy, Dr Gboy, Dr alutacontinua and the rest of them, I really missed u all. I hope you're having a good life wherever you are.

5 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by faybobby(m): 12:42pm On Sep 13, 2016
Avicennabayo:
yes
Alright sir.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Vcojuro: 1:23pm On Sep 13, 2016
Bush2013:
it's not a new curriculum, it's the way it's being structured.
The last curriculum was revised six years ago I think so but I am not sure.

The way mb examinations is structured, the no of mb examination and the interval between each mb examination in UI is a bit different from what you have in most medical schools in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: Bascovanveli2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.