Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1843444 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by doctormmusa(m): 6:08pm On Jul 23, 2017
Pls any medical student should assist. I have 2b2, 2b3 nd 1c5 i have score 231 in jamb which medical course can i apply
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by drajjay: 6:33pm On Jul 23, 2017
Ikio:
Hi can i gain admission into uniport as a medical student wif jamb score 245 and waec Ib and 4C5 but two sitting?
I can't really tell .to be frank I don't know the strategy for admissions since they proscribed post ume.But personally I think the jamb score is quite low for medicine.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 7:56pm On Jul 23, 2017
Good day all. You can join this whatsapp group for medical students. It's an exam preparation group that aids in preparing for our mbbs exams. Click the link below to join. chatdotwhatsappdotcom/18VJdJsC8yx3UF1rvCRTOX
Thanks.
Replace dot with fullstop(.) then copy and paste in your URL address bar.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vincent561(m): 8:32pm On Jul 23, 2017
Thewhizzkid1:
Good day all. You can join this whatsapp group for medical students. It's an exam preparation group that aids in preparing for our mbbs exams. Click the link below to join. chatdotwhatsappdotcom/18VJdJsC8yx3UF1rvCRTOX
Thanks.
Replace dot with fullstop(.) then copy and paste in your URL address bar.
Whizzy! longest time. How have you been? You should be in your clinicals by now...

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vincent561(m): 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
Success to all the aspirants! May God see you guys through. Amen!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by harrychuksx(m): 8:54pm On Jul 23, 2017
vincent561:
Success to all the aspirants! May God see you guys through. Amen!
AMEN.. THANKS VINCENT
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GabrielFemiFemi(m): 9:11pm On Jul 23, 2017
GdexFolami:
I'm afraid you may be given another course or denied of admission sef ..why not change to either anatomy or physiology .the best ten in each Dept cross to mbbs after the first year.
bro,i was told nt to change,tho i dnt knw the reason the person whom i forward ma crdntials to..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by 9jageekz(m): 9:21pm On Jul 23, 2017
ATTENTION! ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!!!

Hello People,

I would like your CLARIFICATION on this;

A friend of mine had a relatively low UTME score for medicine (242) and a slightly strong O'level. but, with the kind of competition and lots of aspirants with good utme scores this year.

I advised him to change his course toa non-competitive paramedical coures (Physiology, to be precise) with the aim of achieving a good CGPA (atleast 5.0) which he is capable of in his first year, so he could transfer/cross-over to medicine afterwards..

So, my question to the geniuses here is; How FEASIBLE is this idea?

PS: All things being equal.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by OBGEE: 9:33pm On Jul 23, 2017
Hi
Pls do uniport accept 2 settings with a jamb score of 262... Please I really need an answer ASAP
#THANKS
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 11:43pm On Jul 23, 2017
9jageekz:
ATTENTION! ATTENTION!! ATTENTION!!!

Hello People,

I would like your CLARIFICATION on this;

A friend of mine had a relatively low UTME score for medicine (242) and a slightly strong O'level. but, with the kind of competition and lots of aspirants with good utme scores this year.

I advised him to change his course toa non-competitive paramedical coures (Physiology, to be precise) with the aim of achieving a good CGPA (atleast 5.0) which he is capable of in his first year, so he could transfer/cross-over to medicine afterwards..

So, my question to the geniuses here is; How FEASIBLE is this idea?

PS: All things being equal.
Sorry o Oga, which one is "at least 5.0"... Is there any CGPA higher? Or does his school use a 7.0 model.

To your question, it depends on the school. Not all schools allow transfer. I know of unilorin and unizik but for others, can't really say
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 12:31am On Jul 24, 2017
vincent561:
Whizzy! longest time. How have you been? You should be in your clinicals by now...
Longest time bro. I'm almost there by God's grace. I'm preparing for my MB exam after which I'll proceed to clinicals when I pass by God's grace. How's school? How's studies?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Paul984(m): 2:32am On Jul 24, 2017
davbravo:
I do
. Pls which universities are doing it, which universities accept it,tuition of d universities doing them, mode of admission
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 5:36am On Jul 24, 2017
Thewhizzkid1:

Longest time bro. I'm almost there by God's grace. I'm preparing for my MB exam after which I'll proceed to clinicals when I pass by God's grace. How's school? How's studies?
I wish you the best in your MBBS exams.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by davbravo(m): 6:12am On Jul 24, 2017
Paul984:
. Pls which universities are doing it, which universities accept it,tuition of d universities doing them, mode of admission
send me a private message
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vincent561(m): 7:36am On Jul 24, 2017
Thewhizzkid1:

We thank God!
So, when is your MB coming up?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 9:02am On Jul 24, 2017
vincent561:
We thank God!
So, when is your MB coming up?
Later this year. November/December. My school is kinda slow.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 9:03am On Jul 24, 2017
charleymed:
I wish you the best in your MBBS exams.
Thanks boss.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by harrychuksx(m): 10:13am On Jul 24, 2017
Thewhizzkid1:
which school is that bro??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 10:51am On Jul 24, 2017
harrychuksx:

which school is that bro??
AAU
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IsraelNicodemu: 10:53am On Jul 24, 2017
Please sirs I want to know either I can be admitted to study medicine and surgery if i score like 270 in jamb with this waec grade!
Marketing C6
CRS ==== D7
Geography D7
Civic education E8
English ====C6
Mathematics C5
Biology==== C6
Physics=== C4
Chemistry C6
Can I get admitted please?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Hollex01(m): 11:24am On Jul 24, 2017
All medical students and aspirants should follow the link below to join our whatsapp group.
And you get all your problems solved....
you can also mail me for the link or chat me
���������
https://chat.wh/KXsUvsNhskp1YNCIM
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vincent561(m): 11:54am On Jul 24, 2017
Thewhizzkid1:

Really slow. Success in your MB!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thewhizzkid1(m): 12:12pm On Jul 24, 2017
vincent561:
Really slow. Success in your MB!
Thanks bro.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 12:16pm On Jul 24, 2017
IsraelNicodemu:
Please sirs I want to know either I can be admitted to study medicine and surgery if i score like 270 in jamb with this waec grade!
Marketing C6
CRS ==== D7
Geography D7
Civic education E8
English ====C6
Mathematics C5
Biology==== C6
Physics=== C4
Chemistry C6
Can I get admitted please?
Grow some balls man... What's 270 in recent times?. Your O'level is also very bad, do something about that too
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by harrychuksx(m): 5:32pm On Jul 24, 2017
Donpre:

Grow some balls man... What's 270 in recent times?. Your O'level is also very bad, do something about that too
You seem kinda harsh in your comments sire.... a very good systematic approach could have helped.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 6:10pm On Jul 24, 2017
harrychuksx:

You seem kinda harsh in your comments sire.... a very good systematic approach could have helped.
hmmmm... in all my comments? Well that's quite revealing

I actually don't mean to sound harsh, people just take me too seriously. Anyway, I'll try to sugarcoat next time.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mickael2(m): 6:59pm On Jul 24, 2017
ISISs:

My Oga.. There's no need going to that angle.
I have a waec result b4 commn dwn to unizik prescience programme. I applied for medicine lst year with 282 jamb score buh my waec caused I loosed medicine, though got anatomy since I had c's and just 2bs in my core.. I decided to comedown and apply for prescience with that waec result, then i registered for another waec + jamb also so as to get a solid ground for medicine this year.
Somehow how its paying off now..
Am in E2, starting my exams on Monday.
Buh as it is now, am about changing my institution from unizik to UNN since am also from enugu state.

Hope this lil info clears the air? Or u want proof too?
Lol.. "what am i nt Telling u"
Am nt a novice in the medical aspiration.
So if u are suspecting lies.. Definately nt from ISISs.
Thank you.

Aiit boss, first of all last year Unizik did not use WAEC grades for admission last year, if you truly got 282 you were admitted into medicine and not Anatomy. By the way do you mind giving me your reg number for last year's Jamb? I am concerned here because I was part of the admission monitoring team for Unizik, Health Sciences/Pharm/Med/Basic medical sciences to be precise and I can tell you that 280 in fact with C parallel got Medicine merit list last year and 257 with C parallel that applied for Medicine got Medical rehabilitation instead and not Anat, there is something you are not saying bro.

I do not however doubt the fact that you may be in Psp, though I could have asked you your name so I can come and find you but I only came to the exam you wrote today, I'm not sure I will be coming again
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Mickael2(m): 7:05pm On Jul 24, 2017
HIScraziness:

U are afraid of Igbo?? You have a right to be though cos if u have F in Igbo, you are not going anywhere near nnewi. But it's not as hard you u perceive it to be bruh, maybe those who failed it have been putting that fear in you. Your score is good for UNN but have it in mind that if they don't give you admission in UNN even if u scored the highest in prescience, you're gon be compensated with fisheries/zoology/botany/parasitology and entomology/ crop science ... Choose wisely isiss

Failing Igbo does not stop a medical student from going to Nnewi here in Unizik, infact the policy for this year is that GS will not affect their progress, it may or may not be continued next year but Igbo for sure does not prevent you from going to Nnewi
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by HIScraziness(m): 7:31pm On Jul 24, 2017
Mickael2:

Failing Igbo does not stop a medical student from going to Nnewi here in Unizik, infact the policy for this year is that GS will not affect their progress, it may or may not be continued next year but Igbo for sure does not prevent you from going to Nnewi

that's a good thing cos during my year, every medicine student with one F didn't smell Nnewi and it was same with pharmacy.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by harrychuksx(m): 8:24pm On Jul 24, 2017
Donpre:

hmmmm... in all my comments? Well that's quite revealing

I actually don't mean to sound harsh, people just take me too seriously. Anyway, I'll try to sugarcoat next time.
sorry about the (s).... nice one dude...c U at the top bro ...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gbsks: 2:56pm On Jul 25, 2017
any uniben med student in the house? please I need to ask a couple of questions
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mycareer(m): 3:10pm On Jul 25, 2017
Please I want an idea of fees for Pharmacy and Medicine and Surgery student in Uniben. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.