Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (467) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1836546 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by doctormmusa(m): 6:40pm On Jul 26, 2017
DBukar:
Hello MBBS/BDS aspirants & students naira landers. I am an indigene of Borno state & applied for MBBS in UNIMAID. With God's Grace, I scored 264 in my jamb.with the recent release of waec, I made three B3s in maths bio & chem. with a C5 in Eng. But chei.... physics! it's D7. Even though my parents have consoled me to exercise patience and wait for NECO result, my mind is not at ease. pls what's are advises?. And unfortunately, some wicked colleagues were rejoicing that I am bound to miss MBBS.

Hello MBBS/BDS aspirants & students naira landers. I am an indigene of Borno state & applied for MBBS in UNIMAID. With God's Grace, I scored 264 in my jamb.with the recent release of waec, I made three B3s in maths bio & chem. with a C5 in Eng. But chei.... physics! it's D7. Even though my parents have consoled me to exercise patience and wait for NECO result, my mind is not at ease. pls what's are advises?. And unfortunately, some wicked colleagues were rejoicing that I am bound to miss MBBS.

bro pray for your neco exam to emerge splendid.with this waec result you will not even get anatomy.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IamLukas(m): 6:42pm On Jul 26, 2017
Donpre:

I don't think there is anything else you can do but pray the neco results are released earlier and that you made it.

264 for unimaid tho?... Hmmmmm
Boss,I just sent you a mail,hope you don't mind?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ximenez(m): 7:31pm On Jul 26, 2017
IamLukas:
Just pray you pass physics in your NECO, UNIMAID don't mind the combination of results for now, moreover Unimaid's quota is 150,so you stand a good chance with your score.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 7:34pm On Jul 26, 2017
IamLukas:
Can't access my mail at the moment. I'm on whatsapp tho so you can drop your Whatsapp contact, that's if it's something we can't discuss here
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by doctormmusa(m): 8:25pm On Jul 26, 2017
Ximenez:
Just pray you pass physics in your NECO, UNIMAID don't mind the combination of results for now, moreover Unimaid's quota is 150,so you stand a good chance with your score.
unpaid cut off is not 150 because last yr i have 231 jamb an b2 in phy nd chem, b3 in bio math civic, c4 in geo A.h, c5 in eng and c6 in IRS, I Applied medicine but no admission to even anatomy and my point according to last yr is 68.87

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IamLukas(m): 8:35pm On Jul 26, 2017
Donpre:

Can't access my mail at the moment. I'm on whatsapp tho so you can drop your Whatsapp contact, that's if it's something we can't discuss here
OK

WhatsApp
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IamLukas(m): 8:36pm On Jul 26, 2017
Ximenez:
you quoted the wrong person.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 8:41pm On Jul 26, 2017
doctormmusa:
unpaid cut off is not 150 because last yr i have 231 jamb an b2 in phy nd chem, b3 in bio math civic, c4 in geo A.h, c5 in eng and c6 in IRS, I Applied medicine but no admission to even anatomy and my point according to last yr is 68.87
Quota is different from cut off point. Quota is the prescribed number of students to be admitted as given by the MDCN which is 150. The cut-off last year was around 250-260.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 8:50pm On Jul 26, 2017
IamLukas:
OK WhatsApp
Got it... You can edit now(if you like)
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by doctormmusa(m): 8:59pm On Jul 26, 2017
Dbrainiac1:
Quota is different from cut off point. Quota is the prescribed number of students to be admitted as given by the MDCN which is 150. The cut-off last year was around 250-260.
i understand
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by doctormmusa(m): 9:29pm On Jul 26, 2017
Pls can any one arrange me those courses best on their chances of employment medical lab. pharmacy. medical. rehabilitation, nursing, optemetry, dental surgery
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by HIScraziness(m): 9:58pm On Jul 26, 2017
Anyone to share me the link to pharmacy student's thread if there's any pls....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by owenman(m): 11:54pm On Jul 26, 2017
Grt Doc...i wrote jamb for medicine unn bt could not make it..den changed to public health and preventive medicine popullarly known as community medicine bt i hv a passon for medicine pls will uni ibadan accept me with DE with a degree in public health
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by walleygee01: 2:19am On Jul 27, 2017
Please is 65 okay for dentistry in Lasu? Any one with info should please help
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 7:41am On Jul 27, 2017
Drguzzykola:

calm down bro..
i wish u chat him up privately . u might b with right nigga...
ur hunger/determination for med #respect
tnx boss

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by harrychuksx(m): 8:10am On Jul 27, 2017
Drguzzykola:

cant just say.. dey never aired out there mode..

maybe a thorough survey of those admitted will give an insight.... but with A&B @waec and 300 in jamb cant b denied na..haaa ..we go carry den go court jor

beside uniport quota has been increased from 100 to 130...
.saw that on mdcn web also confirmed from current yr1 guys..

issue of combine waec... i ll confim from a friend and update asap
alright bro... thanks a bunch.
which school are you aspiring for?or you r a doc already? mine is unical
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GabrielFemiFemi(m): 8:10am On Jul 27, 2017
Good morning my fellow Meds/Meds Aspirant,
Am in dilemma guys... I Wrote JAMB wit jamb score 244 opt in for medicine with Neco Olevel result(Cs parallel),bt unfortunate wit that result it gon be slim to gain admission into UNILORIN, between anatomy and pharmacy, ,which one should i go for
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IamLukas(m): 8:45am On Jul 27, 2017
GabrielFemiFemi:
Am in dilemma guys... I Wrote JAMB wit jamb score 244 opt in for medicine with Neco Olevel result(Cs parallel),bt unfortunate wit that result it gon be slim to gain admission into UNILORIN, between anatomy and pharmacy, ,which one should i go for
your score mayn't likely fetch you Pharmacy.... go for anatomy.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GabrielFemiFemi(m): 9:09am On Jul 27, 2017
IamLukas:
your score mayn't likely fetch you Pharmacy.... go for anatomy.
anatomy?? Essorite,thanks boss!
hopefully,if i am among the best 10,gon cross to medicine!!
pls drop ur facebook id or ur number! To chat better
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 10:39am On Jul 27, 2017
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 10:41am On Jul 27, 2017
harrychuksx:

alright bro... thanks a bunch.
which school are you aspiring for?or you r a doc already? mine is unical
JESU grin am in 200L Sir
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by harrychuksx(m): 11:07am On Jul 27, 2017
Drguzzykola:
JESU grin am in 200L Sir
Ewoooooooooo sorry boss lemme come and be going oooo.lolzzzz all the best brother

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by drajjay: 12:17pm On Jul 27, 2017
Drguzzykola:

snr colleague... weldone ma..how's path & pharm

my frnd with 280 couldnt get Mbbs last year with B& C in waec.
was surprise wat this new age mode of admission is looking like...hmm

Uniport Basic program just relaease there form for 2017/2018
if any wana register..
i discov doing d Basic/predegree programm is cool..that if u can stand firm to be top 40 amidst 1000 Mbbs aspirant @ after d study program.
its a good way to go too.. coming from straight jamb sucks this days..
yes you are right. I don't understand the process for admission thru jamb these days.
Side note :I'm a guy.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ximenez(m): 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2017
doctormmusa:
Relax Bro, I said quota not cut off, there's distinction between the two. Quota is the number of candidates they are permitted to admit by MDCN per session. You could have gotten MBBS with that your score three or four years ago but unimaid is becoming more competitive, i know of someone who got Dentistry with 206 and he's doing well in 400 level now.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by 9jaCrib(m): 2:45pm On Jul 27, 2017
Hello fellow MBBS students. There are current ongoing medical international scholarships for Students.
One of such is Blue Waffles Clinical Scholarship 2017.
If you are on a G.P of 3.5, you can apply.
Deadline is October 25,2017.

Blue Waffles Clinical Scholarship 2017 Application Form/Step to apply
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Irenemmeso(f): 3:17pm On Jul 27, 2017
GabrielFemiFemi:
the score is damn low for pharmacy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Seanpierce: 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2017
Irenemmeso:
the score is damn low for pharmacy
If it's UNILORIN no score is too low and no score is too high, as long as you've beaten the national cut off mark. Their mode of admission can only be likened to a raffle draw.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 4:40pm On Jul 27, 2017
Drguzzykola:

.35 times.. jesu

lol... ure right boss..sticking to one is cool, but my combo help me understand better with ease and b a good stuff mover..
just like wen i read liver with charausia, went to last , i flow well with some added point..

If u read surface markings of liver with last anat alone , it isnt enough, u might b surprise wen i tell u tinz last didnt mention as i merge it with charausia surface markings , it makes my friends whu read last alone become dump while we do d oral talk of anatomy.

i like ur talk on reading without atlas after a while..it works well in exam@using ur imagination of atlas smtimes

lol sometimes anatomy will be pushing u as if its the only course in Basic med science till close to exam wen u realise BCH wont forgive u..

Balancing in all course is the key though..

Men dem, I combine grays with essential clinicals Keith moores (its shorter than normal clinically oriented)... The snells to revise for exams... Not to mention online videos... And animations

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Maravel(m): 5:18pm On Jul 27, 2017
English.. .b3
Physics.. .b3
Biology.. .b3
Chemistry..b2
Maths.. .c6
Jamb score 282
From cross River state
Please senior friends what are my chances of medicine in unical
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 27, 2017
Maravel:
English.. .b3 Physics.. .b3 Biology.. .b3 Chemistry..b2 Maths.. .c6 Jamb score 282 From cross River state Please senior friends what are my chances of medicine in unical
surely you will get it
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Donpre(m): 6:12pm On Jul 27, 2017
Millex:

Men dem, I combine grays with essential clinicals Keith moores (its shorter than normal clinically oriented)... The snells to revise for exams... Not to mention online videos... And animations
I have always wanted to ask if essential clinical anatomy is a good book, because it's the only anatomy book that doesn't seem to overwhelm me, yet seem a bit interesting. Makes me wonder if all the good stuffs have been stripped away.

Also you're like the only doc I've seen that uses gray and snells, I wonder why. Why not last, big Moore and charusia like everyone else?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Millex(m): 7:10pm On Jul 27, 2017
Donpre:

I have always wanted to ask if essential clinical anatomy is a good book, because it's the only anatomy book that doesn't seem to overwhelm me, yet seem a bit interesting. Makes me wonder if all the good stuffs have been stripped away.

Also you're like the only doc I've seen that uses gray and snells, I wonder why. Why not last, big Moore and charusia like everyone else?
Big moores guy when do i wanna finish reading it with physiology nd biochem to study.
I don't know essential clinical seems ok basically what i need to know about anatomy and grays and snells is also good and straight to the point. Grays is very descriptive. I dont really like charusia and last. Tried them just wasnt understanding.... So i stuck to essential, grays and snells

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.