Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,675 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (510) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1838943 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Protein0: 9:45am On Jan 30, 2018
sk2p:
Protein0
Please are you a uniabuja mbbs student, mind we exchange contacts or wattsapp please
My contact is on my signature
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sk2p(m): 10:02am On Jan 30, 2018
Protein0:
My contact is on my signature

Thanks sire
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 30, 2018
Hello guys, please I need help with these questions

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 30, 2018
p
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 30, 2018
Fellow medicine peeps how are you doing
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Stephaustin(m): 6:28pm On Jan 30, 2018
lavendie:
Hello guys, please I need help with these questions

Again, I advice you mention some medical students that are very active in this forum. This will enable their getting your mention, thereby providing better avenue for answers to be provided to your questions.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Elizab: 8:52pm On Jan 30, 2018
hi,please summarize what happens during development of T lymphocytes from the moment it enters the thymus. tried reading it from Hoffbrand
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 30, 2018
Stephaustin:

Again, I advice you mention some medical students that are very active in this forum. This will enable their getting your mention, thereby providing better avenue for answers to be provided to your questions.
Sadly I don’t know any of them, could you please help me with a few names
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hagiosfemi(m): 1:56am On Jan 31, 2018
Elizab:
hi,please summarize what happens during development of T lymphocytes from the moment it enters the thymus. tried reading it from Hoffbrand
what actually happens is this:
thymus is a primary lymphoid organ where maturation of T lymphocytes take place. Remember that T cells come from their fore fathers or progenitors in bone marrow. Histologically, thymus has cortex and medulla. The maturation process is two stage called the positive selection stage and negative selection stage. T cells coming from bone marrow do not have T cell receptor, CD4 or CD8 ( cd4 is for helper t cell and cd8 is for cytotoxic ), now the main gist...
the big grammer I used, positive and negative selection, is to select the good guys for adaptive immunity army. In the outer cortex, there is production of TCR, i mean their receptors (they need the receptors for antigen specificity or let me say to recognise their enemies), To check if their TCR is functional, The T cells TCR are selected to Bind with antigen on a particular MHC or HLA class, if they bind properly, they passed the test (the positive selection )....
2. then, they are moved into the medullary compartment where they are tested with self antigens of the body, if they react, they are deleted because this type of T cells that react with self antigens (specific for body tissue) will cause autoimmune reaction (the negative selection ) those that do not react with self antigens are the correct guys that become helper T cell or cytotoxic T cell (based on the MHC class they bind).
in essence, the maturation in thymus is a clonal selection.
are u a new pathpharm student?

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:45am On Jan 31, 2018
zeisha:

Igbinedion university

Hi. My brother wants to speak with you, he chose your school and course
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Supremor(m): 7:04am On Jan 31, 2018
Hi! good morning everyone. Please I need first hand info on the direct entry procedures into oau medical school. I'm considering applying for admission but want to know what my chances are, so anyone with a helpful information on how oau goes about its DE into medical school will be highly appreciated.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Hollex01(m): 3:28pm On Jan 31, 2018
Protein0:
unilorin, but you can't be given mbbs. Entry into mbbs in unilorin is by Utme, DE or transfer
thanks so much, do you have the idea of when the form will close because I am having plans on registering on Friday
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 31, 2018
[
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Hollex01(m): 4:02pm On Jan 31, 2018
please guys between Biochemistry and Microbiology...
which one can you advise one to study?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Protein0: 4:48pm On Jan 31, 2018
Hollex01:

thanks so much, do you have the idea of when the form will close because I am having plans on registering on Friday
no sir
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by davbravo(m): 5:52pm On Jan 31, 2018
Hollex01:
please guys between Biochemistry and Microbiology...
which one can you advise one to study?
None

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Julidab: 7:10pm On Jan 31, 2018
am stil waiting for unizik d.e medicine list. If am to register for a new one before the list comes out, ples Which uni can be better nd considerate in admission. I hav BSc in biochemistry wit cgp of 4.06. Any unizik here pls
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Maravel(m): 7:35pm On Jan 31, 2018
Julidab:
am stil waiting for unizik d.e medicine list. If am to register for a new one before the list comes out, ples Which uni can be better nd considerate in admission. I hav BSc in biochemistry wit cgp of 4.06. Any unizik here pls
That's a nice one bro,just as a suggestion ,if I were in ur shoes I will register for a new one and select a school around the south region,in my own veiw I feel gaining admission around this location is quite flexible
I will also take jamb with hopes of scoring high so I can get in also through Utme incase anything goes wrong with the DE...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Protein0: 7:36pm On Jan 31, 2018
Julidab:
the school where you had the BSc, if they offer mbbs
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Julidab: 10:14pm On Jan 31, 2018
Protein0:
the school where you had the BSc, if they offer mbbs
no
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Julidab: 10:15pm On Jan 31, 2018
Maravel:

That's a nice one bro,just as a suggestion ,if I were in ur shoes I will register for a new one and select a school around the south region,in my own veiw I feel gaining admission around this location is quite flexible
I will also take jamb with hopes of scoring high so I can get in also through Utme incase anything goes wrong with the DE...
lik u.i or sokoto or zaria?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hagiosfemi(m): 7:35am On Feb 01, 2018
in medical school, the stuff you refuse to read will haunt you in next level

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IntellectOzone(m): 7:47am On Feb 01, 2018
Hello great Doc's in the house
I'm Gbolahan by name
I'm a student of The Polythecnic Ibadan
I'm as well a jambite aspiring for MBBS in UI
Please can I anyone help for an advice here tho am not loosing hope but working hard about the success
Any Doc who can advice and give a narrow direction to me should please add me up on Facebook (Gbolahan Adewale Elisha) or WhatsApp: 07011530178

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TRAILBLAIZER: 11:33pm On Feb 01, 2018
hmmmmm its official God have given me anoder chance officialy a unillorin MBBS aspirant i hope fr d best ur estimate on d needed jamb and post utme score fr my chance to b good nd general advice wil b appreciated

@vivianmaria protein0 and co

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Cherishpearl: 7:52am On Feb 02, 2018
please I want to pick another direct entry form.....i want to put uni Abuja. I want to go for medicine and surgery.... please can someone enlighten me.... I put them last but someone said that they not accredited so I changed it.... now the new school didn't offer me admission.... please help... am using upper credit in microbiology to apply
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by cisca2001(f): 8:02am On Feb 02, 2018
phrancis99:
Good Morning House....

I've just been admitted into Medicine and Surgery at Ambrose Alli University.

Thank God!

Bros welcome
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by aboking: 12:23pm On Feb 02, 2018
Pls Docs in the house, if any one with useful advice here will be highly appreciated. Am a 100 level medical student in Edo university Iyamho but my school is very expensive(1.5m per year) so am considering the option of transferring to unimed in ondo state or unimaid Maiduguri in second year, so if any one here know how the process of transferring to these two versities is done I will appreciate.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by dearpiriye: 9:56pm On Feb 02, 2018
Simcha:
Hello pals! Please which of courses outlined below are the best with which one can gain direct entry admission into MBBS programme in Nigerian Uni?
Biochemistry
Biological Science(s)
Biology
Botany
Chemistry
Microbiology
Physics
Zoology

Thanks in advance for your responses!
It depends on the institution. But 2 definite certainties there are biochemistry and microbiology
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by James150: 3:14pm On Feb 03, 2018
Which school do you recommend for students with a bsc in anatomy or physiology to study medicine 4yrs course abroad. A cheap university please.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Sharon8: 4:33pm On Feb 03, 2018
James150:
Which school do you recommend for students with a bsc in anatomy or physiology to study medicine 4yrs course abroad. A cheap university please.

You can try the medical schools in the Caribbean island
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Protein0: 7:16pm On Feb 03, 2018
TRAILBLAIZER:
hmmmmm its official God have given me anoder chance
officialy a unillorin MBBS aspirant i hope fr d best
ur estimate on d needed jamb and post utme score fr my chance to b good
nd general advice wil b appreciated
@vivianmaria protein0 and co
score everything if possible but don't go below 300 please. All the best
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Brukx(m): 7:22pm On Feb 03, 2018
sk2p:

KAI, this d best encouragement one can get to pursue ur life desires. #27 #bsc biochemistry #msc biochemistry uniagric makurdi loading #14points in ijmb #mbbs uniabuja loading
Thanks for commenting sire.
Cool! I see a future Lecturer consultant

(1) (2) (3) ... (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.