Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,169 members, 7,821,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1837527 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RoastedCorn(m): 9:37am On Feb 22, 2018
Profcamsey:
do you know how expensive to run a hospital with government support? Do you know how much consultants are paid?
consultants are underpaid bro
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Profcamsey(m): 11:50am On Feb 22, 2018
RoastedCorn:
consultants are underpaid bro
Everyone knows that. Those school fees can't still pay. It's not easy to run a medical school without external support

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tholuwaniey(m): 12:20pm On Feb 22, 2018
Glad to be here.. my name is Toluwani. a newly Admitted Medicine and surgery student... OAU... hope to learn alot from my bosses in here....
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by profolaafe(m): 3:00pm On Feb 22, 2018
Tholuwaniey:
Glad to be here.. my name is Toluwani. a newly Admitted Medicine and surgery student... OAU... hope to learn alot from my bosses in here....
Welcome,this is Afeez Oladimeji from the medical aspirant group chat
Have a nice time!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Trex4(m): 8:33pm On Feb 22, 2018
Please any Unn Medical Student Please Indicate.....Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IamGoke(m): 9:34pm On Feb 22, 2018
Let me register myself here.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by GdexFolami(m): 1:34am On Feb 23, 2018
DrBESTJC:
JAMB PHYSICS.

A student eats a dinner containing 8.0 * 10^6 Joules of energy. He wishes to do an equivalent amount of work in a nearby gym by lifting a 60Kg object. How many times must he raise the object to expand this much energy? Assume that he raises it a distance of 2.0m each time.
(A) 6.7 * 10^5 times
(B) 6.7 * 10^3 times
(C) 6.8 * 10^3 times
(D) 6.8 * 10^4 times

Physics gurus in the house please help outooooo.............this question don give me enough headache.

Show full workings......
this group isn't for jamb questions or secondary school questions,
There are other forums for that ,please let's maintain the normal protocol here and not turn the forum into something else
Thank you...

5 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by amulet: 7:34am On Feb 23, 2018
sk2p:
Hi my snr Drs and medics,
Just saw this site which is useful for all mb exams 1,2,3, USLME and so on.. More convenient is d fact dat u can adjust the study to only one field or as many u prepared for....

Passmedicine.com

And for Yung medics using android phones, u can download "essential timetable" on play store and join ur school mates/dept mates. It helps you plan ur lectures and study times with alert system.

interesting thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Stephaustin(m): 11:25am On Feb 23, 2018
Tholuwaniey:

Congratulations bro!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Prophylactic: 2:33pm On Feb 23, 2018
obuksjr:
Pls,I was just admitted into UNN Medical college via DE,I want u to recommend the text u guys are using in Anatomy,Physiology and Biochemistry, so that I can get them over here before comming down.This is my e-mail obuksjr@gmail.com.pls send me your number because I want to make some enquiries from you,thanks.
please can i contact you i applied unn for d.e too, i got some stuff to ask you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by harrychuksx(m): 3:55am On Feb 24, 2018
dannyboii1:
Hello medics....

Am a medical aspirant from cross rivers state... Should I apply unical or uniport... I will have higher chances at unical cus am an indigene but the problem is unical has a very bad reputation and no strong alumni... And pple say their medical students are not that bright

Hearsay!! do you wish to settle on what others are saying concerning a school and lose your chances of being admitted? what's the authenticity of your claim by saying a school got no bright medical students? have you met them one on one to experiment on your hypothesis?? The same "school" some people tend to belittle are producing high flyers, got top lecturers and moreover sound and equipped medical facilities...
if the school isn't of standard as said, why do you think you can't go there and outshine others? All medical schools in Nigeria use same syllabus .. level of intelligence is dependent on the individual and not school.. Others equally say OAU, ABU and some top medical universities got bad omen when they don't actually got an inkling about the standard of these schools. if you don't wanna waste more years listening to "good and bad" school then do the needful before regret becomes inevitable.. Stop the "Hearsay" I reiterate!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sanyamike(m): 8:27am On Feb 24, 2018
how to obtain the

IJMB

form(procedures)

This is to inform the general public that the IJMB form for the 2018/2019 session is on sale.
Ijmb is a 9months program that enables you to gain admission into 200level in any Nigerian university. Read more about Ijmb here.
There are different ways to obtain the IJMB form:
By going to our registration centres in the different parts of the country to pick up the IJMB form for #8,000.
By sending us an email to edualevel@gmail.com requesting for the IJMB form and after filling it you will scan it and send it back to us.

Who can pick up the IJMB form

Any candidate who has completed his or her O' Levels program is eligible to pick up the IJMB form.
N.B : Candidates with Awaiting results can also pick up the IJMB form.
Registration Centres to Obtain IJMB Form .

Ibadan
Lagos
Ilorin
Port Harcourt
Edo
Enugu
Ogun
Requirements For Obtaining IJMB Form

The requirement for IJMB registration includes;
O/Level results (awaiting results can also apply pending University admission)
Two passport photographs.
N8,000 for the application form (non-refundable)

The different Sections in IJMB Form and How to fill it.

If you are registering for IJMB programme with us, you will be required to fill five forms.
The first part of the IJMB form will require you to fill in your personal information like;
Your name
Date of birth
Personal address
Your state of Origin
Subject Combination and
Your Choice of institution .
This section should be properly filled without errors. A mistake made in this section of the IJMB form can be very costly.
The second section is where you will find the available courses and their codes. This section will provide the information you will use to fill the third part.
Here, you are required to also fill the academic section You are applying for.
The third part is where you will fill in the subject you want to register for e.g physics, chemistry and Biology for Medical students.
In this section, you will fill in the code for the three subjects you are applying for (Remember that the codes are in the second page)
The fourth section is to fill in your O/Level Results subjects and grade if available. If not available, fill the subjects and write AWAITING beside it.
Finally, you are to attest in the final page the information you provided is accurate. This will require you to sign and also fill in the date you attested.
Closing Date For IJMB Form

The IJMB form for 2018/2019 session will close soon. Classes will begin by March.
For more info about the IJMB form and how to register please call 08148501101 or visit www.alevelsprogramme.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Okeytus(m): 8:35am On Feb 25, 2018
pls medics, i have a cgpa of 4.3 in med physiology and would love to apply for 2018 Direct entry into ABU zaria, i want to kno the processes involved because i am currently serving. i will appreciate you for any good info you give me. thnks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vincent561(m): 11:45am On Feb 25, 2018
Trex4:
Please any Unn Medical Student Please Indicate.....Thanks
Yes?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Trex4(m): 12:30pm On Feb 25, 2018
vincent561:
Yes?
Bro Thanks For Replying Me Almost Lost Hope grin Please How Can I Contact You Privately? I Really Need 2 Ask U Some Questions I Dont Know How to Send Pms
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by vincent561(m): 2:38pm On Feb 25, 2018
Trex4:
Bro Thanks For Replying Me Almost Lost Hope grin Please How Can I Contact You Privately? I Really Need 2 Ask U Some Questions I Dont Know How to Send Pms
Uhmm...Drop your contact so I can reach you through whatsaap.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Trex4(m): 3:44pm On Feb 25, 2018
vincent561:
Uhmm...Drop your contact so I can reach you through whatsaap.
Zero Nine Zero Five Five Three One Five Nine One Five Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 25, 2018
harrychuksx:

Hearsay!! do you wish to settle on what others are saying concerning a school and lose your chances of being admitted? what's the authenticity of your claim by saying a school got no bright medical students? have you met them one on one to experiment on your hypothesis?? The same "school" some people tend to belittle are producing high flyers, got top lecturers and moreover sound and equipped medical facilities...
if the school isn't of standard as said, why do you think you can't go there and outshine others? All medical schools in Nigeria use same syllabus .. level of intelligence is dependent on the individual and not school.. Others equally say OAU, ABU and some top medical universities got bad omen when they don't actually got an inkling about the standard of these schools. if you don't wanna waste more years listening to "good and bad" school then do the needful before regret becomes inevitable.. Stop the "Hearsay" I reiterate!

Bro am an indigene with 251 jamb and 310 postume... But still isn't admitted.. And i know those with lower score admitted through runs.
People always say there are poor during housemanship

Nevertheless I also applied again this year shaa

Are u a student there
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by harrychuksx(m): 10:50pm On Feb 25, 2018
dannyboii1:

Bro am an indigene with 251 jamb and 310 postume... But still isn't admitted.. And i know those with lower score admitted through runs.
People always say there are poor during housemanship

Nevertheless I also applied again this year shaa

Are u a student there

the only neurosurgeon from south south finished from unical. poor during housemanship.??. I don't get you. bro don't allow people confuse you from making decisive choice.... as for the admission, next time try to shoot above the merit cutoff to be on a safer side.. Success in advance!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Samkoyeh2(m): 11:40pm On Feb 25, 2018
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by drRIDwest01: 11:55pm On Feb 25, 2018
Good day everyone..pls am a dental student and I av plan to do medicine after finishing my BDS coz I waana be an orthopedic surgeon.. pls is it possible ? if yes..how long will it take ?..and which Nigeria university can I do such ? thanks...pls ur urgent response is needed..
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bobola07(m): 5:50am On Feb 26, 2018
drRIDwest01:
Good day everyone..pls am a dental student and I av plan to do medicine after finishing my BDS coz I waana be an orthopedic surgeon.. pls is it possible ? if yes..how long will it take ?..and which Nigeria university can I do such ? thanks...pls ur urgent response is needed..

From what I've read on the thread, you can apply for a 1½ year MBBS program after you obtain your BDS. After the completion of the program, you sit for exams and when you pass, you'll be awarded the MBBS degree. however, your BDS degree will be withdrawn.

Uniben is one school I'm very sure does that conversion program. I don't know for others.

good morning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by obuksjr(m): 10:54am On Feb 26, 2018
Prophylactic:
please can i contact you i applied unn for d.e too, i got some stuff to ask you
Feel free to contact me.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Prophylactic: 12:05pm On Feb 26, 2018
obuksjr:
Feel free to contact me.
if i cannget ur contact detail to whatsapp you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obakenny01(m): 12:13pm On Feb 26, 2018
Okeytus:
pls medics, i have a cgpa of 4.3 in med physiology and would love to apply for 2018 Direct entry into ABU zaria, i want to kno the processes involved because i am currently serving. i will appreciate you for any good info you give me. thnks

Obtain DE form frm jamb accredited centres with ur olevel and degree result den wait for ur sch to call for application
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obakenny01(m): 12:22pm On Feb 26, 2018
Hello Medics, I'll like to know if these schools conduct entrance exams for DE candidates

1) UNICAL

2) UNILORIN

3) OAU

4) UI

Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sk2p(m): 6:30pm On Feb 26, 2018
Okeytus:

Many people lack these orientation am about to give. When taking a DE form ur exact cgpa doesn't count it's only ur graduating class dat counts and it is graded into points as follows
2.2 \credit = 9 points
2.1 \merit = 12 points
1st class \ distinction = 15points
So note like make ur cgpa b 4.45 it's strictly just a 2.1 dat is 12points. It's only holders of Alevel certifications dat hav d freedom of having from 0 to 16pts which is d max.

Read between the lines. DE admissions officers don't screen transcripts don't let anyone deceive you. #i was a victim for years
Find out more

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Okeytus(m): 7:49pm On Feb 26, 2018
sk2p:

Many people lack these orientation am about to give. When taking a DE form ur exact cgpa doesn't count it's only ur graduating class dat counts and it is graded into points as follows
2.2 \credit = 9 points
2.1 \merit = 12 points
1st class \ distinction = 15points
So note like make ur cgpa b 4.45 it's strictly just a 2.1 dat is 12points. It's only holders of Alevel certifications dat hav d freedom of having from 0 to 16pts which is d max.

Read between the lines. DE admissions officers don't screen transcripts don't let anyone deceive you. #i was a victim for years
Find out more
thank you Bro for you good information .
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sk2p(m): 9:09pm On Feb 26, 2018
Okeytus:

thank you Bro for you good information .

U welcome sir. But Wat u can do is apply to schools dat write post DE exams cos fat will up ur chances better but still remember dat postDE exam questions are usually centered on mb1(similar to Alevel) so b prepared.

Avoid schools dat just admit with no screening cos all dey will see and use on DE form will b ur point which will not reflect ur capacity.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by basfolly2: 9:49pm On Feb 26, 2018
sk2p:

U welcome sir. But Wat u can do is apply to schools dat write post DE exams cos fat will up ur chances better but still remember dat postDE exam questions are usually centered on mb1(similar to Alevel) so b prepared.

Avoid schools dat just admit with no screening cos all dey will see and use on DE form will b ur point which will not reflect ur capacity.
Good evening sir, pls sir what about those with 14point?? is it 2.1 also or 2.2??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Apostlenathan1(m): 12:57am On Feb 27, 2018
Medical laboratory science students are also considered as medical students right

(1) (2) (3) ... (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) ... (906) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.