Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (532) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1824040 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by IFEZINX1(m): 5:33pm On Jun 18, 2018
Can someone help me with the PDF or link to download the PDF of Clinical Neuroanatomy by Vishram Singh
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 19, 2018
utytill:
How is Bingham university?
A religious private uni. I is accredited on mdcn site. The fees are not much compared to Afe Babs and Igbinedion of 3mil.. Me, if u have the money, go to private and forget all these public uni.. The lecturers eould frustrate u and by the time u grad, that is if u dont get kicked out or spend 12 years, u wld realize d only advantage of u so called public schl is d name it carries and trust me, no one wld ask u wia u grad from.. It is what u can do that wld b asked frm u. I knw many ppl frm private uni that oassed usmle and are now residents in USA. If u have d money go to private and work hard. U wld make it. And if u dont have d money, work hard to make d admission list and work harder to maintain cos dey over admit in public uni and look for ways to reduce down to quota alloted. Thats wickedness.. Why admit 300 wen quota is 100? Only to delibrately withdraw them?

Also, if u have 200 in jamb and wrote ur olevel ursef and had 5 credits.. Trust me u CAn study any medical course.
Those in mesical sxhl wld explain to u
. U see people with 300 jamb score getting withdrawn while some with 210 scalling.. HIGH SCORES WOULD GET YOU INTO MEDICAL SCORE BUT ONLY DEDICATION AND HARD WORK WOULD GET YOU INDUCTED. YOUR HIGH SCORE BECOMES MEANINGLESS ONCE YOU ENTER, ITS A DIFFERENT BALL GAME ENTIRELYYY

And mind you, I know all this from interacting with medical students and graduate, I also attended both state, federal and private universities.. And had degrees from all. This is my honest opinion. Forgive typi errors, I was in haste.

I am not a medical doc or in the medical profession. I had family members that studied all various medical courses in various universities from state to federal to private. All graduated!

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by utytill(m): 4:50pm On Jun 19, 2018
stemmez:

A religious private uni. I is accredited on mdcn site. The fees are not much compared to Afe Babs and Igbinedion of 3mil.. Me, if u have the money, go to private and forget all these public uni.. The lecturers eould frustrate u and by the time u grad, that is if u dont get kicked out or spend 12 years, u wld realize d only advantage of u so called public schl is d name it carries and trust me, no one wld ask u wia u grad from.. It is what u can do that wld b asked frm u. I knw many ppl frm private uni that oassed usmle and are now residents in USA. If u have d money go to private and work hard. U wld make it. And if u dont have d money, work hard to make d admission list and work harder to maintain cos dey over admit in public uni and look for ways to reduce down to quota alloted. Thats wickedness.. Why admit 300 wen quota is 100? Only to delibrately withdraw them?

Also, if u have 200 in jamb and wrote ur olevel ursef and had 5 credits.. Trust me u CAn study any medical course.
Those in mesical sxhl wld explain to u
. U see people with 300 jamb score getting withdrawn while some with 210 scalling.. HIGH SCORES WOULD GET YOU INTO MEDICAL SCORE BUT ONLY DEDICATION AND HARD WORK WOULD GET YOU INDUCTED. YOUR HIGH SCORE BECOMES MEANINGLESS ONCE YOU ENTER, ITS A DIFFERENT BALL GAME ENTIRELYYY

And mind you, I know all this from interacting with medical students and graduate, I also attended both state, federal and private universities.. And had degrees from all. This is my honest opinion. Forgive typi errors, I was in haste
thanks my big Sister.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 19, 2018
Those of yoy in medical schls, better starring preparing to leave this usless country.. Start preparing for usmle while in schl. Especially tgose of u in private uni, u cant spend millions and end up working in nigeria.. Starr preparing fr usmle and leave this shit hole!!!!!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hagiosfemi(m): 6:32pm On Jun 19, 2018
stemmez:
Those of yoy in medical schls, better starring preparing to leave this usless country.. Start preparing for usmle while in schl. Especially tgose of u in private uni, u cant spend millions and end up working in nigeria.. Starr preparing fr usmle and leave this shit hole!!!!!
Nawa ooo... What about the poor Nigerians, who will treat them? Everyone wan escape go America

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 19, 2018
hagiosfemi:

Nawa ooo... What about the poor Nigerians, who will treat them? Everyone wan escape go America
Everyone cant go tho.. But plls shld strive to leave. Even if na Togo����
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DrImmaculate(m): 8:48pm On Jun 19, 2018
Indomixx:
Hi.. I'm a med and surg aspirant of Uniben.... Can we link up??
Drop ur FB username n I'll add u... BTW wat's ur jamb score?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by afobam(m): 10:24pm On Jun 19, 2018
DrImmaculate:

Hi everyone, I'm an aspirant of UNIBEN for med n surge...I'll appreciate ur advice. other asp. of same sch should pls signify.. olivia pope, I sight u ooo, did u just write d just concluded MBBS Part2 exams?
Well after reading from (pg 0-530), I have more inspiration than ever all tnx to d founder Lagusta n others like lomaxx, charleymed, alutacontinua, DrHesjay, ikevin, ebsuguy, afobam, ambfitsaint, drAmanda et al. U guys are geniuses n have made me not to give up in my quest for MBBS n God will bless u all.
hello....have we met before ?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:33am On Jun 20, 2018
Pls what does quota mean? I saw that the quota for lasu dentistry is 10,does it mean only 10 people would be admitted into dentistry
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dvd4: 7:31am On Jun 20, 2018
rotimi9:
Pls what does quota mean? I saw that the quota for lasu dentistry is 10,does it mean only 10 people would be admitted into dentistry
It was suppose to mean tgat, but you know Nigerian schools would literally admit more than the quota but this is what cannot change; It means that, not more than 10 should graduate from Lasu.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 20, 2018
Dvd4:
It was suppose to mean tgat, but you know Nigerian schools would literally admit more than the quota but this is what cannot change; It means that, not more than 10 should graduate from Lasu.
so please he many can they admit?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hagiosfemi(m): 4:34pm On Jun 20, 2018
stemmez:

Everyone cant go tho.. But plls shld strive to leave. Even if na Togo����
Lol, I have not decided yet... Are u a medical doctor?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RoastedCorn(m): 5:26pm On Jun 20, 2018
rotimi9:
yes but most times they'd admit above it a little depending on the school. Like in LASU I think the last admission was around 15 students or so. But in UNIBEN where I school it is 25 every year. Like we're 25 in my class that was admitted in 100 level

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Indomixx: 5:48pm On Jun 20, 2018
DrImmaculate:

Drop ur FB username n I'll add u... BTW wat's ur jamb score?
Drop urs
I scored 328
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RoastedCorn(m): 5:49pm On Jun 20, 2018
hellohgy:
Please my bosses in the house...

Which textbook is best for Anatomy Between Charusia And KeithMoore...

this has been causing confusion ..pls help
Hello,

In the rush of entering 200level and getting medical textbooks I bought keith Moore, I had only read humerus in upper limb and could not remember most things. When I tried reading a textbook written just like chaurasia (textbook of anatomy by vishram sighn) I found out I could grab more things with smaller effort in reading and very little revision. I dashed my textbook out to a fellow classmate who wants the Keith Moore and continued reading the chaurasia like textbooks with small small class notes to confirm figures (stuffs like what you lecturer says on "how many ossifications centers does so so so bones have and what the textbook says about it. Cos they might be different since vishram is an Indian textbook).

The thing about Indian textbooks is that it is very student friendly, perfectly arranged for easy assimilations and contains mnemonics for you to learn things better (things like " girl between two surgeons", "lady between two majors", " Lucknow medical college, medical college Lucknow etc). I must also admit it has many stuffs you don't need, hence the need for your note as a guide.

Guyton has a lot of hyperstuff in it, so just read sembulingam and your class note but if you aim to have a distinction read guyton.

MN Charttajea is very good for biochemistry.

Saddler and BRS is good for embryology.

In medical school read when you should read, play too, do extracurricular stuffs to develop yourself, its what would keep you sane and most importantly read smartly.

My BDS part1A results was out today and I passed Anatomy, physiology and biochemistry without reading everything

Goodluck.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 20, 2018
hagiosfemi:

Lol, I have not decided yet... Are u a medical doctor?
No, but I have siblings and cousins who are. They all out of this shithole except one and I will push her out by fire by force.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by sirseg(m): 11:39pm On Jun 20, 2018
Samwise001:
Hello guys. Please what's the course outline for medical rehab in oau(100l), is it the same as medicine?
pls ,are you an aspirant of OAU or a student there?..I need some info from any OAU medic .
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Bobola07(m): 7:47am On Jun 21, 2018
RoastedCorn:
Hello,

In the rush of entering 200level and getting medical textbooks I bought keith Moore, I had only read humerus in upper limb and could not remember most things. When I tried reading a textbook written just like chaurasia (textbook of anatomy by vishram sighn) I found out I could grab more things with smaller effort in reading and very little revision. I dashed my textbook out to a fellow classmate who wants the Keith Moore and continued reading the chaurasia like textbooks with small small class notes to confirm figures (stuffs like what you lecturer says on "how many ossifications centers does so so so bones have and what the textbook says about it. Cos they might be different since vishram is an Indian textbook).

The thing about Indian textbooks is that it is very student friendly, perfectly arranged for easy assimilations and contains mnemonics for you to learn things better (things like " girl between two surgeons", "lady between two majors", " Lucknow medical college, medical college Lucknow etc). I must also admit it has many stuffs you don't need, hence the need for your note as a guide.

Guyton has a lot of hyperstuff in it, so just read sembulingam and your class note but if you aim to have a distinction read guyton.

MN Charttajea is very good for biochemistry.

Saddler and BRS is good for embryology.

In medical school read when you should read, play too, do extracurricular stuffs to develop yourself, its what would keep you sane and most importantly read smartly.

My BDS part1A results was out today and I passed Anatomy, physiology and biochemistry without reading everything

Goodluck.

Congratulations Chief
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nad95: 8:33am On Jun 21, 2018
Hi, my bosses. I need your advice and suggestions. I want to write jamb next year and fill in dental surgery. Please what score should I aim for because my olevel is just credit throughout. And also what dental school will be somewhat easy to gain admission into. I want to choose unical but that school get as e be. I know this because I am basic medical student there.
Looking forward to your responses.
Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Maravel(m): 9:20am On Jun 21, 2018
Nad95:
Hi, my bosses. I need your advice and suggestions. I want to write jamb next year and fill in dental surgery. Please what score should I aim for because my olevel is just credit throughout. And also what dental school will be somewhat easy to gain admission into. I want to choose unical but that school get as e be. I know this because I am basic medical student there.
Thanks.
Nad95:
Thanks.
A piece of advice
Unical is no more using olevel criteria for admission so you having weak olevel grades has nothing to contribute to your admission.
Everyone is subjected to post utme after jamb exams
Dentistry is getting quite competitive so I will advice you score like 260+ in jamb and 280+ in post UTME .
That will give you greater chances of admission.
If you beat the cut off, most especially for dentistry you will be admitted.
Every school in Nigeria has its own issues when it comes to admission..most schools place greater priorities on their indigenes
So pls and pls if you are not an indigene aim higher than what the normal person (indigene) will aim at.
Last year cut off was about 254 or more but was not up to 260
Get a good score and watch Unical admit you
Congratulations in advance
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nad95: 10:08am On Jun 21, 2018
Maravel:

A piece of advice
Unical is no more using olevel criteria for admission so you having weak olevel grades has nothing to contribute to your admission.
Everyone is subjected to post utme after jamb exams
Dentistry is getting quite competitive so I will advice you score like 260+ in jamb and 280+ in post UTME .
That will give you greater chances of admission.
If you beat the cut off, most especially for dentistry you will be admitted.
Every school in Nigeria has its own issues when it comes to admission..most schools place greater priorities on their indigenes
So pls and pls if you are not an indigene aim higher than what the normal person (indigene) will aim at.
Last year cut off was about 254 or more but was not up to 260
Get a good score and watch Unical admit you
Congratulations in advance
Thanks, Maravel. You sound like you're in Unical already. If you permit, can we talk outside this platform like say WhatsApp of Facebook?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Maravel(m): 10:15am On Jun 21, 2018
Nad95:

Thanks, Maravel. You sound like you're in Unical already. If you permit, can we talk outside this platform like say WhatsApp of Facebook?
Facebook ID:Abung Emmanuel Essor
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 21, 2018
Please anyone with list of universities that adhere to their admission quota most esp the ones in North. Help!
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nad95: 11:10am On Jun 21, 2018
[quote author=Maravel post=68682590]Facebook ID:Abung Emmanuel Essor[/quote
I have sent you a friend request. Please check.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Prophylactic: 5:32pm On Jun 21, 2018
Maravel:
Facebook ID:Abung Emmanuel Essor
maravel maravel i can see you are doing well keep it up the prof of MTH111 u and harychuckx
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 21, 2018
Dental Surg is even more comp than MBBS
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Dbrainiac1(m): 7:32pm On Jun 21, 2018
stemmez:
Calm down.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Maravel(m): 7:57pm On Jun 21, 2018
Prophylactic:
maravel maravel i can see you are doing well keep it up the prof of MTH111 u and harychuckx
Chai that maths that was just like scam..lol...
Let God take control
I greet u chief
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 21, 2018
Guy how far
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nad95: 10:07pm On Jun 21, 2018
stemmez:
Really? Care to explain more, stemmez?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Cynsee: 8:46am On Jun 22, 2018
Please us u UNIMED now accreditated?.1heard they have clinical students now
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Femimedical: 12:23pm On Jun 22, 2018
please can anybody help me with more information on Tumor Necrosis Factor(TFN)

(1) (2) (3) ... (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.