Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (596) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1823203 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bethedoski(m): 1:21pm On Mar 28, 2019
Starfx:
Lomaxx ,laguasta, Charley med and all other senior Medic here, pls I need u guys to put me through.
I am currently in 200l medicine and am finding bch and physio easy to comprehend, but gross anatomy has been a very serious problem. Please help me on how to comprehend anatomy and still retain it upstairs.

P. S that anatomy have vex me I now want distinction in it grin

Okay... Drop your contact, I'll reach you. But generally, combining audiovisual study aids and reading in an organised manner really helps in knowing your anatomy. Excellent Atlases like Netter's, Cunningham's and Grant's are out there, so also are several videos like Aclands and Osmosis. You can't effectively study an entity as vast yet organised as the body haphazardly. Pick a system at a time and 'lay it' cool.
This is to improve your body of knowledge(which will come in handy throughout your medical training and beyond...). But when it comes to slaying your exams, you have to be smart.. Know your lecturers and what they want, get every single class notes and pam them back to back, practice past questions, meet immediate seniors who aced such papers to help streamline your preparations. But all in all, a sound knowledge of anatomy will make all that easy and relishing.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Starfx(m): 4:13pm On Mar 28, 2019
bethedoski:

Okay... Drop your contact, I'll reach you. But generally, combining audiovisual study aids and reading in an organised manner really helps in knowing your anatomy. Excellent Atlases like Netter's, Cunningham's and Grant's are out there, so also are several videos like Aclands and Osmosis. You can't effectively study an entity as vast yet organised as the body haphazardly. Pick a system at a time and 'lay it' cool.
This is to improve your body of knowledge(which will come in handy throughout your medical training and beyond...). But when it comes to slaying your exams, you have to be smart.. Know your lecturers and what they want, get every single class notes and pam them back to back, practice past questions, meet immediate seniors who aced such papers to help streamline your preparations. But all in all, a sound knowledge of anatomy will make all that easy and relishing.

Thanks sire... I really appreciate
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simon98(m): 4:42pm On Mar 28, 2019
Hi ,I am a pharmacy student jus moving to part 2,please I need a pharmacy mentor
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by shollish(m): 10:17am On Mar 29, 2019
Cool
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simon98(m): 5:03pm On Mar 29, 2019
shollish:
wch school
Obafemi awolowo University ife
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by shollish(m): 7:16am On Mar 30, 2019
simon98:

Obafemi awolowo University ife
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TONYE001(m): 2:53pm On Mar 30, 2019
Guys, how do you cope with Pharmacology sef? Those efflorescent drug names ain't helping matters at all.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Drguzzykola(m): 10:38pm On Mar 30, 2019
TONYE001:
Guys, how do you cope with Pharmacology sef? Those efflorescent drug names ain't helping matters at all.

For now, since it's my first reading I only read and understand mechanisms for now, after every every, I ll device a way to arrange & cram those drug names in my head .

Am using Essential @ Kd Tripathy though cheesy, dumped katzung, that book b like news paper for me.. lipsrsealed

My confusion now is Clinical Medicine text . just finished Jnr. Medicine
Kumar& Clark
Or
Davidson..

Davidson just 1200+ page
While Kumar is 4000+ page and I love it but d volume mehn. embarassed

It's like am not getting something right.

Bosses in d house, help us analyse both text pls..
Charleymed , lomaxx and co.....

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Starfx(m): 2:36pm On Mar 31, 2019
Drguzzykola:

For now, since it's my first reading I only read and understand mechanisms for now, after every every, I ll device a way to arrange & cram those drug names in my head .

Am using Essential @ Kd Tripathy though cheesy, dumped katzung, that book b like news paper for me.. lipsrsealed

Kumar& Clark
Or
Davidson..

Davidson just 1200+ page

Oluwa will see us through.

Ur boys are still battling with last anatomy.

Las Las we go dey OK

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kenine45: 11:39pm On Mar 31, 2019
Be punctual

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bethedoski(m): 11:30pm On Apr 01, 2019
TONYE001:

Pharm is filled with numerous and humongous drug names ... Yes! But beyond that, pharm is actually very interesting. As Drguzzy rightly noted, you need to understand the basic mechanism of action of each drug class...the clinical uses, side/adverse effects and all are linked to the MOA. Then know what differentiates a drug from others in the same class. (You really don't have to pam every drug example)
Start early too and be ahead of the class, you can't ace pharm by crash jacking!

And REPETITION!!!, If there's any course you want to read over and over again, it's pharm. Revise until the stuff is spinal(conus medullaris level). Pharm will find a way to play on your intelligence otherwise.

I used Katzung though, and there's a katzung review which is much less bulkier and suitable for very short postings as we have here.

Kaplan videos are also great to revise/study with and would also come in handy in your USMLE step 1.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by bethedoski(m): 11:46pm On Apr 01, 2019
Drguzzykola:

Kumar& Clark
Or
Davidson..

Davidson just 1200+ page

Making a choice of Clinical texts can cause one's neurons to misfire at times mehn grin.

You just have to find whichever works for you and create a niche for yourself with it. You quite commonly see people use 'unrecognized' texts and go on to top the class.

Why don't you checkout Oxford handbook of medicine. Great text, highly stuffy, yet short and precise.

Personally I'm a Kumar & Clark guy but I also consult Davidson for some topics. They are both excellent really, the difference is in the bulk and a few added topics in K&C.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mete3: 7:58am On Apr 03, 2019
Hello medics. cool smiley wink
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by mete3: 8:02am On Apr 03, 2019
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 05, 2019
Pls any medic here who got in thru direct entry in unn or u know someone that got thru direct entry, pls quote me. I want to ask someone very important questions concerning the direct entry process.... Pleeasse it is important
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 05, 2019
LastingLucky:
Pls any medic here who got in thru direct entry in unn or u know someone that got thru direct entry, pls quote me. I want to ask someone very important questions concerning the direct entry process.... Pleeasse it is important
Check ur e-mail. I have answered ur question concerning UNN DE for medical candidates, there.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by esivue007(m): 1:05pm On Apr 12, 2019
is there Any mbbs student of university of calabar in the house?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Xandre: 3:09pm On Apr 12, 2019
esivue007:
is there Any mbbs student of university of calabar in the house?
pls come to my aid....
zero-9-zero-thirty-ten-ninety two-fourty.....
pls!!!!!!!!! what app.
even aspirant self.
Not UNIBEN no more? undecided
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ISISs(m): 5:15pm On Apr 12, 2019
I have two questions, fellow medics, i need urgent rply plss.

Is Uni Maid fully accredited for medicine?

Which other school makes use of jamb alone or jamb and waec for admission consideration?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by esivue007(m): 5:23pm On Apr 12, 2019
Xandre:
Not UNIBEN no more? undecided
Lol.......Uniben na 90% sure banker for me ,its just dat imma little bit scare of their schl fee cuz it aint static. Although,im saving massively every month ending.
Can u erase my cell no away from ur quote?
And Dude, Hi me on what app ASAP
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by jossyjoel16: 6:16pm On Apr 12, 2019
ISISs:

Which other school makes use of jamb alone or jamb and waec for admission consideration?

Yes sir, Unimaid is FULLY accredited for both Medicine and Dentistry.. I study here
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Elzak(m): 7:05pm On Apr 12, 2019
ISISs:

Yes, Unimaid is fully accredited with quota of 150.

Udusok uses jamb alone or jamb and waec.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ejehijustice(m): 9:04pm On Apr 12, 2019
Elzak:
Yes, Unimaid is fully accredited with quota of 150.

Udusok uses jamb alone or jamb and waec.
good evening boss, i have a lot of questions to ask about Unimaid, ranging from security to admission fairness. i would appreciate if you drop your whatsapp digits so we can chat better.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by CentiLion(m): 9:42pm On Apr 12, 2019
ISISs:

Unimaid accreditation never in doubt...UMTH is still a top notch med school despite the boko haram violence.
Udusok uses Jamb alone
Unijos uses jamb and waec but admission transparency for medicine na war.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ejehijustice(m): 9:46pm On Apr 12, 2019
CentiLion:

Unimaid accreditation never in doubt...UMTH is still a top notch med school despite the boko haram violence.
Udusok uses Jamb alone
how fair is unimaid and udusok to south southerners, what is the benchmark for MBBS
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by CentiLion(m): 10:22pm On Apr 12, 2019
ejehijustice:
how fair is unimaid and udusok to south southerners, what is the benchmark for MBBS
Surpass Cut off and you are in. MBBS cut off is high everywhere, but I tink they are not are high as southern universities.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ejehijustice(m): 10:42pm On Apr 12, 2019
CentiLion:

Surpass Cut off and you are in. MBBS cut off is high everywhere, but I tink they are not are high as southern universities.
please what is the cut off mark for UNIMAID and UDSOK sir, i would appreciate your reply sir. I had 296 average last year from Edo state ABU Zaria gave me nothing.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 11:49pm On Apr 12, 2019
CentiLion:

Udusok uses Jamb alone
Please don't come to unijos.
The admission is no longer transparent, especially for medicine and surgery. Don't waste your jamb scores
And, again unijos is very slow. It's a good school, with good professors, but the delay is terrible...
I got in 2012, no resist, nothing. I'm just hoping I would graduate this year, yes the delay is that bad. I'm even tired of explaining to people... Just ask anyone.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 11:52pm On Apr 12, 2019
vicmed1:
Longest time charleymed
How is that side?
Am preparing for my 2nd MB exams.... I need some advice from you
I'm so sorry. I haven't been checking my mentions of late...
Can I still be of help. Or, is it late already?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 11:58pm On Apr 12, 2019
Starfx:

Charley pls from ur posts,i discovered that you used last anatomy and still had a blazing distinction. Please how did you do it.. Help ur son because our school recommended last as the standard testbook for anatomy which means exams questions will come from it.. But that book is very hard to read... Please tell me how u did it.

I would love it if I had a D in anatomy
First, I want to apologize for replying late.

Yes, it is a difficult book for beginners, I must confess...
But it's be best and most concised Anatomy textbook, in my opinion.

Yes, Chief you can achieve that...
The best way to study last anatomy is repetitions, that's what worked for me. Read it as many times as possible, and distinction would not be a problem...
There's nothing in anatomy that's not in last anatomy, so you might not be needing anyother text, save for atlas and Cunningham manuals... But if you want to combine, gray's anatomy for student is very good too.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by charleymed(m): 12:01am On Apr 13, 2019
Drguzzykola:

Kumar& Clark
Or
Davidson..

Davidson just 1200+ page

Someone answered this already.

For pharmacology, why not try Rang and Dales?
It's one of the most underhyped books...
I did very well in pharmacology and I used just rang and dales. Try it

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 7:25am On Apr 13, 2019
Does anyone know how fair ABU is with their admission into Dentistry?

(1) (2) (3) ... (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.