Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (650) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1832723 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by oyetunjibaba: 6:04am On Nov 27, 2019
Ksudr:

Brostch... Pls contact drop your contact. I need to make some vital inquiry about ABU.

Hello bro...abeg I get some questions to ask??
How is the admission process over dere??
Am from south west??
Pls can u hlp me, I will be choosing the school for medicine next year.
Questions like the cutoff mark..or other admission policy over dere
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by oyetunjibaba: 6:06am On Nov 27, 2019
[quote author=ISISs post=57999671][/quote]
Am from south west??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by oyetunjibaba: 6:06am On Nov 27, 2019
[quote author=ISISs post=57999671][/quote]

Am from south west??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by oyetunjibaba: 6:14am On Nov 27, 2019
brostch:
You will definitely be on the safer side if u switch to DELSU, which is ur state University. But with ur jamb score, I think u also stand a good chance of securing admission in UNIBEN if ur O'level is ok.
All the best. Currently a 100l med student in ABU, Zaria.

Am from south west??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Starkid3010(m): 11:16am On Nov 27, 2019
Any Ui Mbbs student here.... Any level pleasw
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ejehijustice(m): 1:00pm On Nov 27, 2019
oyetunjibaba:
Hello pls any Abu medical student here??
I want to ask some question about the admission process
I am not a student but I reside in Zaria, I can be of help, ask me.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hardeynhiyhi: 1:14pm On Nov 27, 2019
OBGEE:

Please allow mr. Tony to laugh because i did laugh too when i saw your post.

But why? My question wasn't funny na
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by oyetunjibaba: 1:41pm On Nov 27, 2019
ejehijustice:
I am not a student but I reside in Zaria, I can be of help, ask me.

I hope so...what was the cutoff mark for MBBS for this year??
How true is that ppl from south west are consider??
What the nature of exam?? Cbt or ppt
How many question??
And is the question the same as the jamb combination or just english and aptitude test
I will be grateful if u can provide answer to those question...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Starkid3010(m): 1:53pm On Nov 27, 2019
hardeynhiyhi:

But why? My question wasn't funny na
grin grin grin Laughing so hard here also lol
Guy you're still a small boy
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 27, 2019
Starkid3010:
I have a question
What textbook can I use to replace explicit biology
is 6hours a day enough
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jiberi: 2:26pm On Nov 27, 2019
Starkid3010:
Any Ui Mbbs student here.... Any level pleasw
Hi
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Starkid3010(m): 3:00pm On Nov 27, 2019
ARCHEMEDESME:

I have a question
What textbook can I use to replace explicit biology
is 6hours a day enough
you Can actually replace it since explicit is a sub book just get modern and lamlad or past questions.
Since explicit is full of jamb and waec questions....... but if you can get it try and do that
modern.... Is very important
And for the hour per day you don't have problem with that you can use more or less than that... Just make sure you cover everything you need to cover and set good goals also cos time is really going
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Starkid3010(m): 3:03pm On Nov 27, 2019
Jiberi:

Hi
good evening bro.
I just got admission to study mbbs in Ui and I will like to discuss some things with you
Can you please drop your whatsapp number here or I should pm?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 27, 2019
Starkid3010:
you Can actually replace it since explicit is a sub book just get modern and lamlad or past questions.
Since explicit is full of jamb and waec questions....... but if you can get it try and do that
modern.... Is very important
And for the hour per day you don't have problem with that you can use more or less than that... Just make sure you cover everything you need to cover and set good goals also cos time is really going
e
what do you think about essential biology
can I use exam focus biology
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jiberi: 3:34pm On Nov 27, 2019
Starkid3010:
good evening bro.
I just got admission to study mbbs in Ui and I will like to discuss some things with you
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Starkid3010(m): 3:47pm On Nov 27, 2019
Jiberi:

Send message to this number :08068064613
ok thanks boss
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Starkid3010(m): 3:51pm On Nov 27, 2019
ARCHEMEDESME:

e
what do you think about essential biology
can I use exam focus biology
i haven't seen exam focus before but I know it will be good cps I have heard of it before.
But is it sub or m tb?
Essential textbook won't fetch you standard result in bio if ypu cnt get modern try to get comprehensive bio but if you're really good in bio (like you know basics knowledge) go for essential and read it intensively.
Also, avoid using of too many textbook two or one textbook is OK for a subject.
Lamlad tbs are very important also
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Benjax(m): 6:24pm On Nov 27, 2019
Keith more, Charausia etc... Which one is the best for each of the Preclinical courses?

(You can actually refer me to the page where a comprehensive analysis of them all were given in this thread).

Thanks bosses.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ejehijustice(m): 7:24pm On Nov 27, 2019
oyetunjibaba:

I hope so...what was the cutoff mark for MBBS for this year??
How true is that ppl from south west are consider??
What the nature of exam?? Cbt or ppt
How many question??
And is the question the same as the jamb combination or just english and aptitude test
I will be grateful if u can provide answer to those question...
ABU don't use cut-off mark instead they use quota system... The 19 Northern states are in ABU catchment area, so every other state gets 1 slot for competitive course like MBBS, BDS, Pharmacy, Law etc.... So as a south-westerner to get MBBS in ABU, be the highest from your state and consider yourself in.
As per PUTME it is CBT... For MBBS, English 25 questions, Physics, Chemistry and Biology 15 questions each making a total of 70 questions... The question are more like Jamb too...
They mark over 400 and make use of average score for admission that is Jamb score + PUTME Score = Average score. The person with the highest average score from non-catchment area gets admitted.
In 2018, I had 288 in Jamb, 304 in PUTME, average 296, I was not admitted, I was not even offered fishery with due respect to those offering fishery.
Obviously someone from my state had a higher average than me. I am from Edo state.
So if you want MBBS in ABU get the highest average from your state and consider yourself in.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by hardeynhiyhi: 8:12pm On Nov 27, 2019
Starkid3010:

Small boy at 24? You're funny
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Success410: 8:22pm On Nov 27, 2019
oyetunjibaba:

We dey the shoe bro
Bros what is ur suggestion on the matter and which course did u study
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 8:42pm On Nov 27, 2019
oyetunjibaba:
Hello pls any Abu medical student here??
I want to ask some question about the admission process
ABU Dental Surgery here.

Corroborating what @ejehijustice has stated,

For competitive courses like Medicine/Dental Surgery, you gats to be the highest from your state, no two ways.

And the PUTME is somewhat like the UTME only much trickier. You have to be the highest from your non-catchment state.

In all, I wish you all of God's best my friend.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 27, 2019
Starkid3010:
i haven't seen exam focus before but I know it will be good cps I have heard of it before.
But is it sub or m tb?
Essential textbook won't fetch you standard result in bio if ypu cnt get modern try to get comprehensive bio but if you're really good in bio (like you know basics knowledge) go for essential and read it intensively.
Also, avoid using of too many textbook two or one textbook is OK for a subject.
Lamlad tbs are very important also
exam focus is sub textbook
but do you think comprehensive is too small
should I get lamlad or exam focus
can I focus mostly on lamlad and sub textbook and make it
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Hertheywarlay: 10:23pm On Nov 27, 2019
Starkid3010:
good evening bro.
congrats. Please when did UI give you MBBS? Is it this week?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Karenleys: 10:29pm On Nov 27, 2019
Good evening, I'll just like to know if its it's really possible to go for and mbbs after completing dentistry, does it really work in Nigeria?If yes please where?Thank u.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Acecube(m): 10:41pm On Nov 27, 2019
hardeynhiyhi:

Small boy at 24? You're funny
If you are still contemplating whether 24 years is too old to start MBBS after several inputs from many individuals on this thread up till this point, then maybe you should really check within you to know if you are really passionate about Medicine or want to read it as a result of pressure from family and friends or the seemingly pecuniary gains attached to studying it or maybe you would rather join your mates that are making a pile of money _as time no dey again_... Left for me, someone with a goal won't even be thinking of any other possibilities no matter the age after toiling hard to be on track (admitted), maybe the other options available might just be better than you reading MBBS so I'll advise you sit down to think, you are already a young adult boss so you are allowed to sleep on it and come up with the best choice ... All the best in whatever step you want to take bro Shalom
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by LetaTaylor: 1:49am On Nov 28, 2019
When I chose what to do, I thought about medical school. But then I came across various funny and informative articles and realized that I also wanted to write like that. So now I am writing about dances with wolves historical accuracy and helping many students with difficult written assignments.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Starkid3010(m): 2:37am On Nov 28, 2019
Hertheywarlay:
congrats. Please when did UI give you MBBS? Is it this week?
it has been long o.. Maybe like one month+ and I just printed my admission letter
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Starkid3010(m): 2:39am On Nov 28, 2019
ARCHEMEDESME:

exam focus is sub textbook
but do you think comprehensive is too small
should I get lamlad or exam focus
can I focus mostly on lamlad and sub textbook and make it
lamlad is also sub
You can't use lamlad with another sub
Just get any of the recommended tb by jamb and use focus or lamlad
Or combo of essential lamlad and focus will be okay
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 5:37am On Nov 28, 2019
Karenleys:
Good evening, I'll just like to know if its it's really possible to go for and mbbs after completing dentistry, does it really work in Nigeria?If yes please where?Thank u.
Yes, you can get Medicine after graduating from Dental Surgery.

You will be required to do 500 and 600 levels of medicine which will be around 22 months ( approximately 2 years) and you will become a holder of MBBS/MBChB but please know that your BDS/BChD degree will be withdrawn from you forever which means you can no longer specialize in dentistry or practice it or be referred to as a dentist.

(Excerpt gotten from: https://www.nairaland.com/2447071/dentistry-dental-surgery-career-nigeria)
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by oyetunjibaba: 8:31am On Nov 28, 2019
ejehijustice:
ABU don't use cut-off mark instead they use quota system... The 19 Northern states are in ABU catchment area, so every other state gets 1 slot for competitive course like MBBS, BDS, Pharmacy, Law etc.... So as a south-westerner to get MBBS in ABU, be the highest from your state and consider yourself in.
As per PUTME it is CBT... For MBBS, English 25 questions, Physics, Chemistry and Biology 15 questions each making a total of 70 questions... The question are more like Jamb too...
They mark over 400 and make use of average score for admission that is Jamb score + PUTME Score = Average score. The person with the highest average score from non-catchment area gets admitted.
In 2018, I had 288 in Jamb, 304 in PUTME, average 296, I was not admitted, I was not even offered fishery with due respect to those offering fishery.
Obviously someone from my state had a higher average than me. I am from Edo state.
So if you want MBBS in ABU get the highest average from your state and consider yourself in.

Wow thank so much for that breakdown, so grateful ,but pls I won ask based on the 25 question for english shey the English are based on comprehension,, Lexis and structure,regiater,sentence interpretation, nearest in meaning or opposite, oral English and emphatic stress
Pls can u just indicate the structure for the english...??
Cos some exam for other universities majorly are based on lexis and structure
Just like UI and OAU they even involve phrase and clauses
That my first question??
Secondly do ABU have past Question
Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by oyetunjibaba: 8:37am On Nov 28, 2019
horpeyemmi66:

ABU Dental Surgery here.

Corroborating what @ejehijustice has stated,

For competitive courses like Medicine/Dental Surgery, you gats to be the highest from your state, no two ways.

And the PUTME is somewhat like the UTME only much trickier. You have to be the highest from your non-catchment state.

In all, I wish you all of God's best my friend.

Wow thank so much for that breakdown, so grateful ,but pls I won ask based on the 25 question for english shey the English are based on comprehension,, Lexis and structure,regiater,sentence interpretation, nearest in meaning or opposite, oral English and emphatic stress
Pls can u just indicate the structure for the english...??
Cos some exam for other universities majorly are based on lexis and structure
Just like UI and OAU they even involve phrase and clauses
That my first question??
Secondly do ABU have past Question
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.