Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (668) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1835795 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Commmy: 9:35pm On Jan 03, 2020
Reign27:

My tutor said they do

UI don't make use of O'level resutl
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Reign27(f): 10:51pm On Jan 03, 2020
Commmy:

UI don't make use of O'level resutl
Ok
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Xandre: 11:23pm On Jan 03, 2020
Reign27:

My tutor said they do
Not anymore
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Reign27(f): 7:25am On Jan 04, 2020
Xandre:
Not anymore
Ok
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ShahRukhKhan: 8:03am On Jan 04, 2020
kidneystones:
I rep ubth ... Course ::paramedics .
Last I check, paramedic are trained personnels.. Which course is now paramedics?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ezimo777(m): 12:40pm On Jan 04, 2020
ShahRukhKhan:

Last I check, paramedic are trained personnels.. Which course is now paramedics?
Lol
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 1:29pm On Jan 04, 2020
ShahRukhKhan:

I think the dude studies Anatomy at Uniben, don't ask me how I know. It's just a hunch.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 04, 2020
Does anybody have tips on cell phone addiction? . I'm always glued to my phone and it's been affecting me negatively, guys how do you study with your phone around
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by David2O(m): 3:55pm On Jan 04, 2020
ARCHEMEDESME:
Does anybody have tips on cell phone addiction? . I'm always glued to my phone and it's been affecting me negatively, guys how do you study with your phone around
Stop charging your phone grin

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ShahRukhKhan: 4:31pm On Jan 04, 2020
horpeyemmi66:

I think the dude studies Anatomy at Uniben, don't ask me how I know. It's just a hunch.
lol. NL Detectives. Wehdone sir
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ShahRukhKhan: 4:39pm On Jan 04, 2020
ARCHEMEDESME:
There are apps that lock you out of operation with your phone save for calling and other basic stuffs. You can download 'stay focused or flipd' or other similar app.
You just have to set the time. The first day I used flipd, it was set to 6hrs and for good 6hrs I couldn't do anything on my phone except call, play music, write note or send message. I cried, rebooted the phone thrice, tried to remove the app. All of which were futile. My phone was practically useless but then It wasn't a distraction during that period.
By the way, overcoming phone addiction is more of a personal decision if you don't want to use apps.. You just need to discipline yourself
Gracia's.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thompson180(m): 10:15pm On Jan 04, 2020
David2O:
i don't know about other schools but UI don't use O'level

unical is good they don't use olevel
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Gemineye: 10:51pm On Jan 04, 2020
Thompson180:

unical is good
they don't use olevel
are u a student in UNICAL??
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by kidneystones(m): 9:45am On Jan 05, 2020
ShahRukhKhan:

O de pele .. Come ubth come see for yourself na ...
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TheNewDoctor: 2:29pm On Jan 05, 2020

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 3:01pm On Jan 05, 2020
TheNewDoctor:
Hello everyone.
I am a medical graduate from Ukraine, and I found this forum some months ago in my final year of medical school.
I've silently been reading a lot of posts in my free time, specifically about foreign graduates. I've read all types of comments all the way from unwarranted praise, indifference, valid criticism, all the way down to downright disrespectful and hateful comments about foreign graduates. Some of the stuff said here almost got to me, especially as I was preparing to write the MDCN exam for the first time.
About a week from the exam date, I got a wave of self doubt, I remembered some of those posts, I even started believing them. But then I talked to my sister, and she helped me set my mind right. I was able to overcome it, and passed the exam on my first attempt.
Now as I'm waiting to be inducted and the subsequent Housejob, I've already started seeing the negative posts about foreign trained house officers. This time though, my mindset is different. Instead of focusing on the negative things people are saying, I've chosen to ignore them altogether and focus on working hard to be the best doctor I can possibly be.
Since I got my exam result, I've taken a one week break, and have been shadowing the doctors at a private hospital. I've observed clinical procedures and surgeries, and they've slowly started letting me do them by myself. Next up will be assisting in a surgery.
I feel like I'm in the right track, but I need to ask for advice from people that'll know more. What should I expect (in detail if possible) from housemanship in Nigeria? Is there something else I should be doing now to be more prepared for when I eventually start the housejob? If you've worked with house officers that were trained outside, what would you say are their major issues? What valid criticism can you offer to help me be better prepared?
Thank you everyone, and happy Sunday!
You might want to paste this that you have written on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/260875/medical-doctors-forum-let-us/59

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by shollish(m): 3:16pm On Jan 05, 2020
Sorry o
But I want to ask why Ukraine graduates normally come back to Nigeria to induct into MDCN
Why don't you guys practice over there? Or even move to better countries around
TheNewDoctor:
Hello everyone.
I am a medical graduate from Ukraine, and I found this forum some months ago in my final year of medical school.
I've silently been reading a lot of posts in my free time, specifically about foreign graduates. I've read all types of comments all the way from unwarranted praise, indifference, valid criticism, all the way down to downright disrespectful and hateful comments about foreign graduates. Some of the stuff said here almost got to me, especially as I was preparing to write the MDCN exam for the first time.
About a week from the exam date, I got a wave of self doubt, I remembered some of those posts, I even started believing them. But then I talked to my sister, and she helped me set my mind right. I was able to overcome it, and passed the exam on my first attempt.
Now as I'm waiting to be inducted and the subsequent Housejob, I've already started seeing the negative posts about foreign trained house officers. This time though, my mindset is different. Instead of focusing on the negative things people are saying, I've chosen to ignore them altogether and focus on working hard to be the best doctor I can possibly be.
Since I got my exam result, I've taken a one week break, and have been shadowing the doctors at a private hospital. I've observed clinical procedures and surgeries, and they've slowly started letting me do them by myself. Next up will be assisting in a surgery.
I feel like I'm in the right track, but I need to ask for advice from people that'll know more. What should I expect (in detail if possible) from housemanship in Nigeria? Is there something else I should be doing now to be more prepared for when I eventually start the housejob? If you've worked with house officers that were trained outside, what would you say are their major issues? What valid criticism can you offer to help me be better prepared?
Thank you everyone, and happy Sunday!

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by TheNewDoctor: 4:20pm On Jan 05, 2020

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 7:24pm On Jan 05, 2020
ezimo777:

sorry for the late response sir.
I like the fact that you know your weak points and you've identified and acknowledged it, hence, the willingness to improve abides.
Sincerely speaking, my SSCE is worse than yours ( all C) and I'm in 400L now Unijos.
1. Catchment areas as regards admission into Nigerian universities has been abolished but implementation may be an issue.
2. Your determination to succeed at the forth coming UTME is achievable and I would advise you make I so.
3. I've always advised people come to the North for medical school and my reasons are
a. Less competition form the western and Eastern states (I'm from the SE)
b. Cost of living is cheap (arguable)
c. No unnecessary demands from lecturer to buy any stuff eg books and so on.
d. Fees are considerably cheap too.
e. Admission process is quite transparent ( can't speak of BUK and ABU, both schools are good but in terms of admission, I can't say)
f. Meeting with great minds form all over Nigeria.

4. Also look out for other schools with less competition with regards to people from your state..
5. If u know people, use your contacts ooo, cuz it's important now.
best bro

I will like to ask some questions from you personally about Unijos.
Can I have your WhatsApp number?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Leksybob(m): 7:57pm On Jan 05, 2020
Good day everyone
I'll like to do research findings on the factors affecting the adoption of Tobacco Harm Reduction products in Nigeria.

This survey is open to smokers, non-smokers, vapers, general public and any other persons interested in having more information about safer alternatives to cigarette.

The survey is an online survey that will take approximately 10 -15mins. The questionnaire has been designed in order to get the required data from you. Please note that all the information to be provided in this survey will be treated with confidentiality and will be used solely for research findings and policy making purposes.
Kindly complete the entire survey.

https://forms.gle/hdK3fz9yvWLjQTaD7

For more information, please contact;
Bello Olamilekan Abdulwahab
olamilekan451@yahoo.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by shollish(m): 9:57pm On Jan 05, 2020
Ok
I get
Success though in your quest
TheNewDoctor:

It's very simple really. I never planned on practicing in Ukraine, and I studied in English. There was no incentive to learn Russian beyond an intermediate level, and to actually practice in a country, I think excellent grasp of the language should be number one, and to be blunt, the pay is horrible there.
Also, just like Nigerian med graduates, we too aspire to go to the UK, US, etc. So we come back, do our housemanship just like you guys, and then start our journey. We don't actually spend any extra time, we just have to pass an exam.
Lastly and most importantly, this is my home. I have to be able to practice at home before thinking of going anywhere else. The ultimate backup if you will.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ezimo777(m): 9:58pm On Jan 05, 2020
Eben331:

I will like to ask some questions from you personally about Unijos.
Can I have your WhatsApp number?
U can send me your mail or better still, post the email address so I contact you
Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 11:57pm On Jan 05, 2020
ezimo777:

U can send me your mail or better still, post the email address so I contact you
Thanks

Quote me when you see this so as to remove my email address. Don't forget to modify your post before quoting me.
Thanks.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ShahRukhKhan: 2:38am On Jan 06, 2020
kidneystones:

O de pele .. Come ubth come see for yourself na ...
bros we no dey fight naa.. It's a simple question with 'question mark' at the end self. You could have just enlighten me or skip.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by horpeyemmi66(m): 7:43am On Jan 06, 2020
ShahRukhKhan:
bros we no dey fight naa.. It's a simple question with 'question mark' at the end self. You could have just enlighten me or skip.
Kidneystones, you could have done better. I only found out the veracity of your claim some 2 minutes ago and I was mildly surprised. Really, we have this in our clime?.

You will do well to always remember we are in a third world country, some people don't even know the job description of an occupational therapist, talk less about a Paramedic.

ShahRukhKhan, no vex... it's one of those things. Just forget it.

UBTH Paramedics program is a 2 years (ND) program in emergency medicine, for the most part of it.

Read more here: https://ubth.org/clinical-departments/ubth-paramedic-program/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2014/04/ubth-collaborates-with-foreign-ngo-to-train-paramedics/
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ezimo777(m): 10:00am On Jan 06, 2020
Eben331:

Quote me when you see this so as to remove my email address. Don't forget to modify your post before quoting me.
Thanks.

Acknowledged
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Thompson180(m): 7:32pm On Jan 06, 2020
Gemineye:
are u a student in UNICAL??

yes
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by ejehijustice(m): 8:48pm On Jan 06, 2020
ezimo777:

Thanks
Good evening boss.. I also have questions to ask you concerning unijos.... Please I would appreciate your response, my email is justiceomodiagbe@gmail.com
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tresellea: 9:56pm On Jan 06, 2020
If someone's CAPS portal is still stuck at "Admissions in Progress" till now, is there any hope of it changing to accepted? Or should they just take another utme form?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jerrypolo(m): 11:01pm On Jan 06, 2020
Thompson180:

yes
Pls can we talk privately?? I'm aspiring for Unical
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:54am On Jan 07, 2020
Yo docs can one cross from medicine to anod acoirse in anoda school like radiography

(1) (2) (3) ... (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.