Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (861) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1833857 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (858) (859) (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by wizi44(m): 6:07am On Oct 12, 2022
Lordsagna:
Can one combine programming (coding) with medical school?..
If yes how?
Same boat brother, I used this strike to attain a lot of tech skills which I plan to use after strike ends during my leisure time though
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 10:15pm On Oct 12, 2022
Greetings the honourable members of this forum, please what is the school fees/cost of studying medicine and surgery at Madonna University in Anambra state and Igbinedum Private University in Edo state.
How good is this private institution is; in terms of studying medicine and surgery?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Tatarison(m): 2:58pm On Oct 13, 2022
ezeknov:
Hello...

Is abu post utme out?

I've a brother who scored 202 and wants to study medicine in abu... Right no he's depressed...i just want to know if he can continue to write post utme or rewrite another jamb?

I saw a post by lagusta on the first page of the thread...so is true one can go for nursing and come back to do medicine? Is it not year's wasted?

And how exactly is the PROCESS?.
should he go for nursing then come back to do medicine? Or rewrite jamb? His olevels is pretty good for medicine 1As, 2Bs, and 2Cs....

I will be grateful for any one who ans all this final year questions above...
Please advice him to discontinue from his ABU Zaria pursuit. Their calendar is nothing to write home about. They merged 2020/2021 aspirants (and those ones are yet to resume because 2019 are yet to finish). He should change school and change course and prepare for another UTME. My humble submission
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 4:33pm On Oct 13, 2022
SF123:
Greetings the honourable members of this forum, please what is the school fees/cost of studying medicine and surgery at Madonna University in Anambra state and Igbinedum Private University in Edo state.
How good is this private institution is; in terms of studying medicine and surgery?
Both universities are fully accredited by MDCN, so in my opinion they have everything it takes to make a medical doctor. The only bottleneck is the fees as both universities cost above 3million per year.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Harpyeagle(m): 11:01pm On Oct 13, 2022
Hello people. Good evening. My younger bro applied for medicine at uniabuja (he changed institution today) . Pls i don't know if there's a subforum here on Nairaland for uni Abuja medical aspirants or if there's anyone on a whatsapp group chat pls help me with a link
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 10:47am On Oct 14, 2022
Harpyeagle:
Hello people. Good evening. My younger bro is applied for medicine at uniabuja (he changed institution today) . Pls i don't know if there's a subforum here on Nairaland for uni Abuja medical aspirants or if there's anyone on a whatsapp group chat pls help me with a link
There is no need for a WhatsApp group, you can ask any question here and enlightened minds will contribute.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 4:34pm On Oct 18, 2022
Clinton39:

Both universities are fully accredited by MDCN, so in my opinion they have everything it takes to make a medical doctor. The only bottleneck is the fees as both universities cost above 3million per year.
All right boss, thanks for your input; i really appreciate.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Derasab(f): 4:33am On Oct 19, 2022
Clinton39:

Madonna university fees for mbbs is 1.5m. It's on their website
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Derasab(f): 4:34am On Oct 19, 2022
SF123:

Madonna University campus in Anambra State doesn't offer medicine. It's their campus is Elele, River state that does.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 3:16pm On Oct 19, 2022
Derasab:

Madonna university fees for mbbs is 1.5m. It's on their website
Most times those fees on the website are just audio, believe me. When you finally enter is when you will know the 'koko'

Modified: Even on their website it's 2m not 1.5m

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 3:17pm On Oct 19, 2022
Derasab:

Madonna University campus in Anambra State doesn't offer medicine. It's their campus is Elele, River state that does.
Yes, this is true.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Spencerchiboy(m): 10:51pm On Oct 19, 2022
Clinton39:

Most times those fees on the website are just audio, believe me. When you finally enter is when you will know the 'koko'

Modified: Even on their website it's 2m not 1.5m
Good evening, please is it true that ebsu has started giving admissions on jamb caps
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 6:56am On Oct 20, 2022
Spencerchiboy:
Good evening, please is it true that ebsu has started giving admissions on jamb caps
Yes, EBSU started giving admission since last week.
Did you apply?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Spencerchiboy(m): 2:37pm On Oct 20, 2022
Clinton39:

Yes, EBSU started giving admission since last week.
Did you apply?
Yes, I did. But my caps is still not admitted. Will they still release more names for medicine
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by wizi44(m): 6:03pm On Oct 20, 2022
Spencerchiboy:
Yes, I did. But my caps is still not admitted. Will they still release more names for medicine
how is your jamb and waec
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Spencerchiboy(m): 6:56pm On Oct 20, 2022
wizi44:
how is your jamb and waec
Jamb score 263, waec: phy c4 bio b3 eng b3 maths b3 chem b3
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 6:56am On Oct 21, 2022
Spencerchiboy:
I think so.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nlightind: 9:26am On Oct 22, 2022
Good morning house,
Please, can anyone guide me on the process of getting to UK for MSc Nursing for someone with BSc Nursing without any Internship. ie. a fresh graduate BSc Nursing moving in for MSc Nursing.

Or if BSc can get a direct job in UK without running internship here or starting as an intern there in the UK
Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by simplytemmie: 4:38pm On Oct 22, 2022
Nlightind:
Good morning house,
Please, can anyone guide me on the process of getting to UK for MSc Nursing for someone with BSc Nursing without any Internship. ie. a fresh graduate BSc Nursing moving in for MSc Nursing.

Or if BSc can get a direct job in UK without running internship here or starting as an intern there in the UK
Thanks

Going for MSc Nursing with just your Bsc is possible but applying for nursing jobs outside Nigeria without your permanent nursing license is not. Verification of permanent nursing license by NMCN is one of the mandatory steps for nurses migrating to the UK.
You will only be given your permanent nursing license after the 1 year internship

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nlightind: 10:15pm On Oct 22, 2022
simplytemmie:

Going for MSc Nursing with just your Bsc is possible but applying for nursing jobs outside Nigeria without your permanent nursing license is not. Verification of permanent nursing license by NMCN is one of the mandatory steps for nurses migrating to the UK.
You will only be given your permanent nursing license after the 1 year internship

Thanks.
Concerning the first option, going for MSc with just the BSc., do you have any idea of the duration, if possible recommended schools and if social or health care work hours would be required because from search I've been seeing one need have some paid Job or voluntary work hours to gain admission for the MSc course.

And will one be able to get the licence there after the MSc or can I apply for internship there with the BSc..

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks once again
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by memd: 11:08pm On Oct 22, 2022
Harpyeagle:
Hello people. Good evening. My younger bro applied for medicine at uniabuja (he changed institution today) . Pls i don't know if there's a subforum here on Nairaland for uni Abuja medical aspirants or if there's anyone on a whatsapp group chat pls help me with a link

Hello there. I'm a student there. Happy to answer questions if you have any.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by memd: 11:16pm On Oct 22, 2022
Lordsagna:
Can one combine programming (coding) with medical school?..
If yes how?

It's not impossible. I think a good first step is community. You can't be surrounded by medics 24/7 and not feel the pressure to drop the tech things.

I'm trying to do the same thing (looking towards Health Tech), and what I'm basically trying to do now is surround myself with Tech people and preferably even Medics in Tech.
E.g. There should be a Google Developer Students Club in your school. Might be a good place to start.

And of course there'll be need for a lot of balancing/prioritization/time optimization. Medic & Tech are time-demanding individually. Combined? Well...

But try and see what works for you. Would like to learn too.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Harpyeagle(m): 12:18pm On Oct 23, 2022
memd:

Hello there. I'm a student there. Happy to answer questions if you have any.
Thank you very much
I just want to know about the screening process; the format (post utme or not) , the time etc.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by EINSTEINUCHE(m): 4:49pm On Oct 23, 2022
Can a good fellow ans dis question.what are d functions of osteocytes,osteoclasts,osteoblasts,osteon,canaliculus in bone
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by SF123(m): 8:11pm On Oct 23, 2022
Derasab:

Appreciated bosslady.

How is their campus in Elele; river state is?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by memd: 9:40am On Oct 24, 2022
Harpyeagle:

Thank you very much
I just want to know about the screening process; the format (post utme or not) , the time etc.

Okay, well... things could change. 19/20 set did an exam, the two sets after that did not. They just assessed the o'levels and UTME scores and computed scores based on that. If he has reasonably strong scores he should be alright, either way it goes.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by 11Mercy11: 2:02pm On Oct 27, 2022
Harpyeagle:
Hello people. Good afternoon guys, I am in dire need of hostel accommodation in Uniabuja please, we can't afford off campus. Can anybody help me out please
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Lordsagna: 12:23pm On Oct 28, 2022
Good afternoon here, please my elder cousin who's 25 wants to go back to medical school but everyone In the family is against it even me because of the strike and everything going on. Is it worth it go back to back to med school at that age with the inconsistency in the education sector?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nobody: 12:58pm On Oct 28, 2022
Lordsagna:
Good afternoon here, please my elder cousin who's 25 wants to go back to medical school but everyone In the family is against it even me because of the strike and everything going on. Is it worth it go back to back to med school at that age with the inconsistency in the education sector?

One thing I can say for sure is that it's never too late to chase your dreams.

I'm yet to start but my hopes are still high.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 5:25pm On Oct 28, 2022
Lordsagna:
Hello,

Whether your cousin studies medicine now or not, he will still turn 30, 40 and so on. I don't think when one is on the journey to fulfill his dreams and ambitions, that age is truly a limiting factor. I have personally seen and made friends with persons who are studying medicine in their 30s, even 40s. One of my role models on this forum, Dr. TONYE001 has repeatedly told us on this forum that he is in his thirties. He is a final year medical student now. So what your cousin needs is passion, drive and determination and the sky will be his starting point.

Mercî.

6 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by poshemmanuel(m): 7:33am On Oct 29, 2022
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Alexaonfleek: 2:02pm On Oct 29, 2022
Hello TONYE001

I really enjoy reading your diary, it is inspiratory to me.
I enjoy the fact that I can currently relate to some of your preclinical problems, and I'd tell a similar story about my clinical postings soon(if med school doesn't finish me kpatakpata)
I hope what I'm asking isn't too personal.
I wanted to inquire about how you're able to combine studies with making money.
And what kind of business you do, if it's freelancing or any other online business you run.
Also the skills you acquired in learning them.
If you could also talk about ways you or any of your colleagues earn money while in school, I'll appreciate it.
Thanks a lot.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (858) (859) (860) (861) (862) (863) (864) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.