Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (869) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1835405 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (866) (867) (868) (869) (870) (871) (872) ... (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Runup: 9:47pm On Jan 07, 2023
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by completey(f): 10:26am On Jan 08, 2023
Runup:

Thank you. medicine is my course of choice

They don't have medicine. Just Nursing, MLS, Physiotherapy. You can try the likes of ABUAD, Bingham, BOWEN etc
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by haybhi1(m): 11:14am On Jan 08, 2023
Maxitomxane:
Good Morning All.
What would be your advice for someone who had 326 in Jamb and wasn't given mbbs but Anatomy. The person later accepted Anatomy and had 4.90 CPGA and is not sure of crossing to mbbs via top 10 channel. Should the person take utme again in 200 lvl or should the person finish Anatomy since it's 4 years, then reapply for Utme or better, Direct Entry? N.B: the person has tried 3 previous times before to get mbbs.

Something is vague in this story.
How could you score 326 in jamb and unilorin would deny you admission, despite a good post jamb score? Unlikely.
With 303 jamb and 82 post jamb, Unilorin medicine merit list came on a platter.

4.9 cgpa at 100L will most likely pit you among the 10 best who will be switched from Anatomy/Physiology to medicine automatically - although, you may fall in the last two. Many I know through that path are just around that margin.

Anyways if your story is not spurious, let him stay back, 4.9 is likely to get him in. Besides, a huge number of us are DE students, with BSc degrees in paramedical courses, or 15/16 in JUPEB.
It also helps well enough during preclinicals study in the erstwhile studied course, although it's also normal to suffer in such conditions - as we've seen cases of former MSc anatomy student withdrawn in 300L for subpar performance in the same Anatomy.

4 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Maxitomxane(m): 12:47pm On Jan 08, 2023
haybhi1:

Something is vague in this story.
How could you score 326 in jamb and unilorin would deny you admission, despite a good post jamb score? Unlikely.
With 303 jamb and 82 post jamb, Unilorin medicine merit list came on a platter.

4.9 cgpa at 100L will most likely pit you among the 10 best who will be switched from Anatomy/Physiology to medicine automatically - although, you may fall in the last two. Many I know through that path are just around that margin.

Anyways if your story is not spurious, let him stay back, 4.9 is likely to get him in. Besides, a huge number of us are DE students, with BSc degrees in paramedical courses, or 15/16 in JUPEB.
It also helps well enough during preclinicals study in the erstwhile studied course, although it's also normal to suffer in such conditions - as we've seen cases of former MSc anatomy student withdrawn in 300L for subpar performance in the same Anatomy.

Post utme was not conducted in 2020 in unilorin.

It was only Jamb and O level that were used in the admission process.

People with excellent Olevels had the upper hand.

Thanks for the advice, the person made the top 10 list.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Runup: 1:58pm On Jan 08, 2023
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by haybhi1(m): 3:12pm On Jan 08, 2023
Maxitomxane:

Post utme was not conducted in 2020 in unilorin. It was only Jamb and O level that were used in the admission process. People with excellent Olevels had the upper hand. Thanks for the advice, the person made the top 10 list.

Oh, great. I'll possible seeing your friend around then. Just tell him to maximize seniors OT's as fairly much as he can, 'cos, otherwise, I swear he may not pass. It's quite a different world around here - 'I was a scholar where I come from and independent do not apply here'. If fate brings us together, I don't mind with relevant helps and hints too.

Goodluck to him.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Maxitomxane(m): 5:48pm On Jan 08, 2023
haybhi1:

Oh, great. I'll possible seeing your friend around then. Just tell him to maximize seniors OT's as fairly much as he can, 'cos, otherwise, I swear he may not pass. It's quite a different world around here - 'I was a scholar where I come from and independent do not apply here'. If fate brings us together, I don't mind with relevant helps and hints too.

Goodluck to him.

Thanks Boss, That means you are a student of unilorin as well? What level Boss?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by spiritualmubi: 11:39pm On Jan 08, 2023
Good day Bosses, I have a question about something that has been bothering me. I am a botanical student in 300 level, first semester, I plan to go for D.E into mbbs after rounding up my program, though I'm not on 2.2 (a weak one) but I have resolved to up my game and work harder so as to graduate with a 2.1. Now the issue is, I do atimes think that maybe God wants botany for me coz I reapplied Jamb while in 200lvl but didn't got it still due to low jamb score. I have been hearing people say if God has destined something for you, you should stick to it till the end, and just the fear of going against the destined path for me is really bothering me, what do you think Bosses?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 1:22pm On Jan 11, 2023
EINSTEINUCHE:
Can a good fellow ans dis question.what are d functions of osteocytes,osteoclasts,osteoblasts,osteon,canaliculus in bone

Osteocytes: Osteocytes are the most common cells in the bone and are responsible for maintenance and repair by sensing changes in the bone environment. They help to regulate bone remodeling through their interactions with the surrounding cells.

Osteoclasts: Osteoclasts are responsible for breaking down bone in order to form new bone tissue. They also play a role in controlling the balance between bone formation and bone resorption.

Osteoblasts: Osteoblasts are responsible for the formation of new bone tissue. They are responsible forbone mineralization as well as bone matrix secretion.

Osteon: An osteon is the structural unit of compact bone. It is made up of concentric rings of bone matrix, with osteocytes residing in spaces or lacunae throughout the matrix.

Canaliculus: The canaliculus is the tiny channel that connects the osteocytes to each other, allowing communication between them. They are also essential for nutrient transport, waste removal, and maintaining the homeostasis of the bone.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DharmieDhrey(m): 1:43pm On Jan 11, 2023
Maxitomxane:

Thanks for the advice, the person made the top 10 list.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DharmieDhrey(m): 1:46pm On Jan 11, 2023
[quote author=Maxitomxane post=119833068]

This affected my pursuit of MBBS in UNILORIN, I wasn't offered admission. my average O'level grades were responsible, all C's after having scored 300 in UTME.

As of today, I have been offered admission to study Medicine & Surgery in LAUTECH

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 4:18pm On Jan 11, 2023
[quote author=DharmieDhrey post=119929445][/quote]
Congratulations Chief

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ruggedfighter: 9:19pm On Jan 11, 2023
spiritualmubi:
Good day Bosses, I have a question about something that has been bothering me. I am a botanical student in 300 level, first semester, I plan to go for D.E into mbbs after rounding up my program, though I'm not on 2.2 (a weak one) but I have resolved to up my game and work harder so as to graduate with a 2.1. Now the issue is, I do atimes think that maybe God wants botany for me coz I reapplied Jamb while in 200lvl but didn't got it still due to low jamb score. I have been hearing people say if God has destined something for you, you should stick to it till the end, and just the fear of going against the destined path for me is really bothering me, what do you think Bosses?
Nothing good comes easy. Applying and not getting it easily doesn't mean God wants botany for you. Perhaps, if God wants botany for you, it'd have been smooth, don't you think?. You probably are not putting enough efforts in your studies (considering your GP and low jamb score, no offense please). If you want medicine, study hard and get a high jamb score or put all your efforts into your botany, so you don't end up losing everything.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DharmieDhrey(m): 10:38pm On Jan 12, 2023
Clinton39:

Congratulations Chief

Thanks bro, it was worth it in the end.. I'm hoping to link up with newly admitted mbbs candidates, irrespective of the school.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by phenzy(m): 2:09am On Jan 13, 2023
Does anyone here have info about Unijos admission list ?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by spiritualmubi: 9:32am On Jan 13, 2023
Ruggedfighter:
Nothing good comes easy. Applying and not getting it easily doesn't mean God wants botany for you. Perhaps, if God wants botany for you, it'd have been smooth, don't you think?. You probably are not putting enough efforts in your studies (considering your GP and low jamb score, no offense please). If you want medicine, study hard and get a high jamb score or put all your efforts into your botany, so you don't end up losing everything.
You are right Boss, I have been having difficulty studying due to a health challenge of mine, like brain fog, lack of zeal to study, weakness due to the medication am on etc, as my doctors always tell me, my health condition shouldn't be a limitation for what I can achieve, am just struggling TBH. Thanks Boss.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 8:16pm On Jan 13, 2023
DharmieDhrey:

Thanks bro, it was worth it in the end.. I'm hoping to link up with newly admitted mbbs candidates, irrespective of the school.
I was just admitted too.
You can mail me your whatsapp number on clintonalue@gmail.com.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DharmieDhrey(m): 9:56am On Jan 14, 2023
Clinton39:

I was just admitted too.
You can mail me your whatsapp number on clintonalue@gmail.com.

Alright bro, I've done so, check your inbox.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by adeolabakare: 7:57pm On Jan 14, 2023
[quote author=Lagusta post=12193318]HI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhxQqghHARM
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by adeolabakare: 7:58pm On Jan 14, 2023
[quote author=completey post=119829758]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw7WDWJzyLM&t=11s
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by JayFredo: 12:04pm On Jan 16, 2023
Ruggedfighter:

Boss please is it possible to applyDE (300 level) into MBBS with a b.tech in micribiology(2.1)
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MrEgghead(m): 3:40pm On Jan 16, 2023
JayFredo:

Boss please is it possible to applyDE (300 level) into MBBS with a b.tech in micribiology(2.1)
You'll always start from 200L. And yes, you can apply for MBBS DE with B.tech.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nattynate(m): 4:55pm On Jan 16, 2023
Hello everyone i'm an MBBS aspirant in UNIJOS. Hope i'm welcome

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ruggedfighter: 8:53pm On Jan 16, 2023
JayFredo:

It's possible with your microbiology degree but you will start from 200l not 300l
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 1:35pm On Jan 17, 2023
Nattynate:
Hello everyone i'm an aspirant for medicine and surgery in Unijos. Hope i'm welcome into this thread...
You are welcome

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ohlie100(f): 11:03pm On Jan 18, 2023
Please, I want you guys to help me. Between radiology or physiotherapy which course should I go for? Is there any medical related course better than these? Which has more opportunities?

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 5:01pm On Jan 19, 2023
Ohlie100:
Please, I want you guys to help me. Between radiology or physiotherapy which course should I go for? Is there any medical related course better than these? Which has more opportunities?

Radiology is not a course studied at the undergraduate level. It is a specialty under Medicine

Probably you want to say Radiography instead.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by poshemmanuel(m): 10:55pm On Jan 19, 2023
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Clinton39(m): 8:57am On Jan 20, 2023
poshemmanuel:

Go for nursing instead .. Nursing will give you opportunities home and abroad.

Seconded
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Estherfabian(f): 9:25pm On Jan 20, 2023
Please is University of Medical Sciences Ondo a state school or Federal.

And, can one get into Nursing program with Jamb score of 200? If not, what is the least score that should be targeted
Thanks
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by poshemmanuel(m): 12:05am On Jan 21, 2023
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Porpulace: 7:20am On Jan 21, 2023
Nattynate:
Hello everyone i'm an aspirant for medicine and surgery in Unijos. Hope i'm welcome into this thread...

You are most welcome.

In addition to all the advice you will get on this thread, you may also wish to read our blog post on the different steps or stages in your journey to becoming a medical doctor in Nigeria.

https://porpulace.com.ng/how-to-become-a-medical-doctor-in-nigeria/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (866) (867) (868) (869) (870) (871) (872) ... (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.