Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (901) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1832118 Views)

โœฟ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (898) (899) (900) (901) (902) (903) (904) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Renalman: 12:15pm On Feb 04
Eben331:

Resorting to scholarships to alleviate financial challenges is practicable and feasible.

In fact, most scholarships are mostly won by medical students.
Thanks. Your bit of advice is invaluable.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Renalman: 12:17pm On Feb 04
Ruggedfighter:
In as much as getting a scholarship is possible, I'll advise you not to depend on scholarships for sponsorship. Sometimes they don't come and some of them come by luck and chance. Scholarship should just be a means of support and not what you'd depend on for your education, as it may not come. Don't get it twisted, you can get a scholarship, all I'm saying is, it should never be first choice, so you don't get stuck.
Thanks so much. Your opinion is worth its weight in gold.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 10:37am On Feb 05
poshemmanuel:

Do you have Brunner and Sudarth medical-surgical textbook

Not available
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by poshemmanuel(m): 9:58pm On Feb 05
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Renalman: 1:22pm On Feb 10
Eben331:

Resorting to scholarships to alleviate financial challenges is practicable and feasible.

In fact, most scholarships are mostly won by medical students.
Are you a beneficiary of this? If yes, would you mind providing me with some recommendations?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Renalman: 1:23pm On Feb 10
Ruggedfighter:
In as much as getting a scholarship is possible, I'll advise you not to depend on scholarships for sponsorship. Sometimes they don't come and some of them come by luck and chance. Scholarship should just be a means of support and not what you'd depend on for your education, as it may not come. Don't get it twisted, you can get a scholarship, all I'm saying is, it should never be first choice, so you don't get stuck.
you're absolutely right. My intention is to employ it as a kind of subsidy. Are scholarships advantageous to you?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 9:23pm On Feb 10
Ask yourself these 4 Questions to know if you are cramming the topic OR you're indeed understanding it. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zILdsM9xBVE?si=QlDtI1vpSQf-4R23

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aaronzy: 5:04am On Feb 11
Please doctors, what is the starting salary for a medical doctor lecturer II Conmess 3/2 in a federal university
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ruggedfighter: 5:33pm On Feb 11
Renalman:
you're absolutely right. My intention is to employ it as a kind of subsidy. Are scholarships advantageous to you?
Oh! Subsidy, that's cool. I'm currently on just one after writing so many exams. Although some people are lucky with scholarships, some can get 3-4, some others get 2. I'm on one, hoping another comes.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Renalman: 7:49pm On Feb 11
Ruggedfighter:
Oh! Subsidy, that's cool. I'm currently on just one after writing so many exams. Although some people are lucky with scholarships, some can get 3-4, some others get 2. I'm on one, hoping another comes.
How intresting! Please tell me more...I'd be grateful if you'd cite examples; I need financial aid at the moment.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Ruggedfighter: 7:17pm On Feb 12
Renalman:
How intresting! Please tell me more...I'd be grateful if you'd cite examples; I need financial aid at the moment.
Depends on what you wany to know.

There are quite a plethora of scholarships available for students.
Shell
Agbami
NLNG
FSB
Seplat
SNEPCO
SPDC
Midwestern
Jim Ovia
PTDF(But I don't think this is accessible to medical students)
Total energies........ And so on......

One thing about scholarships is, applying and getting shortlisted to write the exam. Some people apply but do not even get shortlisted, that's where "luck" and "region" come in. Some get shortlisted to write the exams, but do not get awarded the scholarship. Myself, I've written 4 different scholarship exams, but I've gotten just one, that's where luck comes in again, some people are lucky enough to write for and get 2 or even 3, u grab? One thing I can tell you is, most of these scholarship exams are not really about how intelligent you are as a student, a lot of factors come into play as far as scholarship is concerned. Just apply and be smart, that's all I can say. Probably, when you start applying and writing the exams, you'll understand what I mean very well.

PS: 90% of scholarships are only open to 100 and 200L students only, so, anything you want to do, you have to do it when in 100L. Although, smart men will always have a way of bye passing some of those rules. All the best.

3 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Obton(m): 2:04pm On Feb 13
Is there any EKSUite in the house here? A friend of mine wants to apply for medicine at EKSU in this year's cycle.

But I recently learnt that their medicine class of 2018 is just resuming 400L. That's nearly 6 years of being in school and they're just starting 400L. I'm wondering why the calendar seems so slow or is that a one-off event due to their previous accreditation issues?

Is the medical programme there fast now? Since they've solved their accreditation issues. Would he be feasible to say the friend can graduate in 7-8 years if they get admitted to study medicine there?

Sincere advice from any EKSUite or anyone that knows EKSU well enough would be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Renalman: 2:40pm On Feb 13
Ruggedfighter:
Depends on what you wany to know.

There are quite a plethora of scholarships available for students.
Shell
Agbami
NLNG
FSB
Seplat
SNEPCO
SPDC
Midwestern
Jim Ovia
PTDF(But I don't think this is accessible to medical students)
Total energies........ And so on......

One thing about scholarships is, applying and getting shortlisted to write the exam. Some people apply but do not even get shortlisted, that's where "luck" and "region" come in. Some get shortlisted to write the exams, but do not get awarded the scholarship. Myself, I've written 4 different scholarship exams, but I've gotten just one, that's where luck comes in again, some people are lucky enough to write for and get 2 or even 3, u grab? One thing I can tell you is, most of these scholarship exams are not really about how intelligent you are as a student, a lot of factors come into play as far as scholarship is concerned. Just apply and be smart, that's all I can say. Probably, when you start applying and writing the exams, you'll understand what I mean very well.

PS: 90% of scholarships are only open to 100 and 200L students only, so, anything you want to do, you have to do it when in 100L. Although, smart men will always have a way of bye passing some of those rules. All the best.
Thanks doc, I appreciate it.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 11:23am On Feb 14
Renalman:
Are you a beneficiary of this? If yes, would you mind providing me with some recommendations?

Yes, to the glory of God, I have been a beneficiary of some scholarships and I am still praying to God for more.

Ruggedfighter have explained so much on the various scholarships available.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 11:27am On Feb 14
Obton:
Is there any EKSUite in the house here? A friend of mine wants to apply for medicine at EKSU in this year's cycle.

But I recently learnt that their medicine class of 2018 is just resuming 400L. That's nearly 6 years of being in school and they're just starting 400L. I'm wondering why the calendar seems so slow or is that a one-off event due to their previous accreditation issues?

Is the medical programme there fast now? Since they've solved their accreditation issues. Would he be feasible to say the friend can graduate in 7-8 years if they get admitted to study medicine there?

Sincere advice from any EKSUite or anyone that knows EKSU well enough would be appreciated.

Yes their class of 2018 just resumed clinicals (400L) and we can say this is caused by their accreditation issue which they had. Their first set of medical doctors graduated in 2019.

Since the accreditation issues have been sorted out and MDCN has increased the quota of medical schools, I don't think there should be any issue with the calendar unless there are internal strikes in the school or ASUU strike.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Renalman: 12:26pm On Feb 14
Eben331:

Yes, to the glory of God, I have been a beneficiary of some scholarships and I am still praying to God for more.

Ruggedfighter have explained so much on the various scholarships available.
Okay, thanks a ton.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Hardebaryor(m): 2:38am On Feb 16
lomaxx:

Sent

medicalmatata@gmail.com
Hello sir. Pls I need the syllabus sir. My email is debayoworldwide@gmail.com.

Thank you very much sir
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Johnwrite(m): 8:35am On Feb 16
Great
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Aala: 2:47pm On Feb 16
Good afternoon. I am a final-year undergraduate student at a Nigerian university. I will graduate in about six months. I want to study Medicine and Surgery at KWASU afterwards.
Can I apply as a Direct Entry student through JAMB this year, even though I do not have my degree yet? Is it possible to use the "Awaiting Results" option?
Thank you.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 1:51am On Feb 23
Aala:
Good afternoon. I am a final-year undergraduate student at a Nigerian university. I will graduate in about six months. I want to study Medicine and Surgery at KWASU afterwards.
Can I apply as a Direct Entry student through JAMB this year, even though I do not have my degree yet? Is it possible to use the "Awaiting Results" option?
Thank you.
Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. Even if you "graduate" in 6 months, will your B.Sc. certificate or Statement of Result be ready in 6 months? If yes,,, then go ahead. But if no.... lipsrsealed

Anyway, fingers crossed smiley
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 10:17pm On Feb 24
Tips I use as a Medic to avoid cramming. It's how I consciously make myself to understand a topic regardless of its difficulty level. embarassed

Watch part 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRKJqsM6n1o?si=4c2qX4unvWrcHRVf

Watch part 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8po5wHiHbGc?si=AEIi3Jhh14P8o-P9

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jago2244: 4:57pm On Feb 29
Hi Docs please can anyone recommend either a federal or state university that hasn't started 2023/2024 Mbbs admission?
I don't want my 2023 jamb score of 290 to waste pls ๐Ÿ™
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Cardiojosh(m): 6:02pm On Feb 29
Jago2244:
Hi Docs please can anyone recommend either a federal or state university that hasn't started 2023/2024 Mbbs admission?
Hope you applied for another Jamb undecided
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by NL1960: 8:54am On Mar 01
Jago2244:

I doubt there is any federal university that is still doing 2023/2024 admission not to talk of admission into MBBS. Federal Universities that merged sessions have since resumed while those that did not merge will most likely resume in April.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nattynate(m): 9:17am On Mar 02
Jago2244:
you can change to UNIJOS

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jago2244: 11:14am On Mar 03
Nattynate:
you can change to UNIJOS

Okay bro have confirmed from my Sister wey dey Unijos. So I will change this week by God Grace.
Thanks for the recommendation
Bro are you a medical student there? I want to have your contact so that you can put me through the admission processes.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Jago2244: 3:43pm On Mar 04
Cardiojosh:

Hope you applied for another Jamb undecided

Yeah bro
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by yungevvy(m): 7:39pm On Mar 04
RuyiMedicDiary:
Tips I use as a Medic to avoid cramming. It's how I consciously make myself to understand a topic regardless of its difficulty level. embarassed

Watch part 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRKJqsM6n1o?si=4c2qX4unvWrcHRVf

Watch part 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8po5wHiHbGc?si=AEIi3Jhh14P8o-P9

Wait, just realized you're cross Riverian.
You're from Abi right?
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Nattynate(m): 7:49am On Mar 05
Jago2244:

Okay bro have confirmed from my Sister wey dey Unijos. So I will change this week by God Grace.
Bro are you a medical student there? I want to have your contact so that you can put me through the admission processes.
I'm a student there as well as an MBBS aspirant
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by exynos(m): 2:02pm On Mar 05
Jago2244:

You could be transferred, depending on the strength of your o'level, unfortunately.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Chiboyswag: 8:17pm On Mar 05
Please mathematicians in the house help me solve this problem
Question number 2

(1) (2) (3) ... (898) (899) (900) (901) (902) (903) (904) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.