Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,886 members, 7,810,406 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

The medical students and aspirants thread - Education (903) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The medical students and aspirants thread (1824094 Views)

✿ Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma (AAU) 2016/2017 Aspirants Thread. / FUTMINNA 2015/2016 ASPIRANTS THREAD / 12 Things I Learnt From The Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (900) (901) (902) (903) (904) (905) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 10:45pm On Mar 21
MightyNigerian:

Just seeing this & quoting it.
Abeg, UNN is the worst medical school among the 1st generation universities. Too much greed and artificial problems.
Biko, run from that sch. It's not worth it. They sell admission like mad. Overpopulation doesn't make them a better student. Instead it reduces their quality. Imagine 30 students on 1 cadaver.
If you have an alternative elsewhere, biko don't hesitate to take it. I'll rather study in Borno, UNI MAIDUGURI rather than go UNN.

30 students on 1 cadaver??
That's something oo

My school here, it is 10 people per cadaver. For histology practicals, 4 people per microscope and for physiology practicals, it is 5 people per group
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Saviourk: 6:42pm On Mar 22
MightyNigerian:

You can't get Dentistry in OAU with 200 JAMB score but you can get it in UNN as far as you have your money. So many things just dey wrong with that school.
No sane person should be comparing OAU to UNN. Like how
The distance dey far na
Are u schooling in UNN? Well the unhealthy competition and corruption in UNN is too much.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Saviourk: 6:43pm On Mar 22
Eben331:

That's something oo

My school here, it is 10 people per cadaver. For histology practicals, 4 people per microscope and for physiology practicals, it is 5 people per group
What school?
UNN na just survival for the fittest 🥲
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MightyNigerian: 7:44am On Mar 23
Eben331:

That's something oo

You no know wetin God do for you. Here in UNN, it's overcrowded because of too many illegal admission. Heard na JAMB make the thing reduce small for competitive courses like medicine, nursing, dentistry & pharmacy.
There was a year (2019 UTME I think) when JAMB rejected names & move some people who bought admissions into those courses to other departments. If not, I don't think that sch is ready to stop the illegal act.
Sometimes I wonder what's motivating them to admit 500 for quota of 180 (medicine) or 120 for quota of 15 (dentistry) etc.
Na why you fit see person with 200 in JAMB doing Medicine there. If they tell me say 180 in JAMB dey study medicine for UNN, I no go doubt am because that sch is too corrupt. It literally act after its name Uni of NIGERIA.
Very fantastically corrupt sch like NIGERIA.
And person go still get mind dey compare that kind sch with OAU. If you no get body, you no fit put am for OAU.
Just get money , you go enter UNN to study any course
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by RuyiMedicDiary: 9:49pm On Mar 23
This is how I managed studying at home + lots of house chores as a first child.

Tips on how to study from home with lots of errands and chores cheesy grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX6YB7OJo_I?si=jTOBz7SbWqESlrK_

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by venmotors(m): 4:36pm On Mar 25
MightyNigerian:

Abeg, UNN is the worst medical school among the 1st generation universities. Too much greed and artificial problems.
Biko, run from that sch. It's not worth it. They sell admission like mad. Overpopulation doesn't make them a better student. Instead it reduces their quality. Imagine 30 students on 1 cadaver.
If you have an alternative elsewhere, biko don't hesitate to take it. I'll rather study in Borno, UNI MAIDUGURI rather than go UNN.
UNN is not the worst .... Overpopulation and the thing u mentioned here are some of the problem we are facing... But I can tell you that UNN is the Only federal medical school that six yrs is 6 yrs .... Medical school is based on personal effort mostly yes medical school u attended affect your study but u can graduate anywhere in the world and still compete withe best ....just to add 6/7 graduates of 0'20 class that graduate in 2021 due to covid matched to US residence program
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by venmotors(m): 4:40pm On Mar 25
MightyNigerian:

You no know wetin God do for you. Here in UNN, it's overcrowded because of too many illegal admission. Heard na JAMB make the thing reduce small for competitive courses like medicine, nursing, dentistry & pharmacy.
There was a year (2019 UTME I think) when JAMB rejected names & move some people who bought admissions into those courses to other departments. If not, I don't think that sch is ready to stop the illegal act.
Sometimes I wonder what's motivating them to admit 500 for quota of 180 (medicine) or 120 for quota of 15 (dentistry) etc.
Na why you fit see person with 200 in JAMB doing Medicine there. If they tell me say 180 in JAMB dey study medicine for UNN, I no go doubt am because that sch is too corrupt. It literally act after its name Uni of NIGERIA.
And person go still get mind dey compare that kind sch with OAU. If you no get body, you no fit put am for OAU. Most UNN students sef have tried the likes of UI, OAU but couldn't get it due to the mad competition before resulting to go back home & study at UNN.
Just to ask have u been to UNN or any of it campus.... U are just bitter... If u like UI or OAU that much praise it ND stop calling UNN ... UNN qorta for medicine is 360 for your information
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MightyNigerian: 4:46pm On Mar 25
venmotors:

UNN is not the worst .... Overpopulation and the thing u mentioned here are some of the problem we are facing... But I can tell you that UNN is the Only federal medical school that six yrs is 6 yrs .... Medical school is based on personal effort mostly yes medical school u attended affect your study but u can graduate anywhere in the world and still compete withe best ....just to add 6/7 graduates of 0'20 class that graduate in 2021 due to covid matched to US residence program

Good but the overpopulation doesn't make them better but rather reduce their effectiveness. How can you use a facility for 180 to teach 500 and claim med sch is a personal effort stuff.
UNN probably had their highest USMLE Residency Matching in their history, go and check schools like UI & UNILAG this year on Twitter. They have more than that & they've been doing that for years. The supposed 020 set that matched didn't even have quota issue like sets after then. They were less than 200 for quota of 150 or so at them.

UI had 100% pass in nursing council exams this year, something UNN can never recreate not because they're dull but because they're too many to be at their best with the insufficient facilities. Schs like UI, OAU etc gave their admissions to the best not some sort of corrupt ppl who buys admission for their wards. The facilities is ok to teach hence they have those trail blazing records. I think the talk here should be how UNN will do up to expectations and not try to justify the illegal stuffs they do to the detriment of their students.

Yeah, the calendar is the fastest Med Sch & that's commendable but that isn't enough to pick it due to too many artificial problems they create for their students
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by venmotors(m): 4:50pm On Mar 25
MightyNigerian:

Good but the overpopulation doesn't make them better but rather reduce their effectiveness. How can you use a facility for 180 to teach 500 and claim it's a personal stuff.
UNN probably had their highest USMLE Residency Matching in their history, go and check schools like UI & UNILAG this year on Twitter. They have more than that & they've been doing that for years. The supposed 020 set that matches didn't even have quota issue like sets after then. They were less than 200.

UI had 100% pass in nursing council exams this year, something UNN can never recreate. Schs like UI, OAU etc gave their admissions to the best not some sort of corrupt ppl who buys admission for their wards. The facilities is ok to teach hence they have those trail blazing records. I think the talk here should be how UNN will do up to expectations and not try to justify the illegal stuffs they do to the detriment of their students.

Yeah, the calendar is the fastest Med Sch & that's commendable but that isn't enough to pick it due to too many artificial problems they create for their students
Hahahaha .... UNN qorta is 360 ...I'm not in nursing so I don't much about their council exam .... As for US residence program... Check the school with highest doctor outside Nigeria that wer trained here, I bet you UNN will make top 3
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MightyNigerian: 4:56pm On Mar 25
venmotors:

Just to ask have u been to UNN or any of it campus.... U are just bitter... If u like UI or OAU that much praise it ND stop calling UNN ... UNN qorta for medicine is 360 for your information

Here comes the cheap blackmailing stuff. This isn't a political thread so I won't banter any words. If you want to engage, do it with facts.
UNN quota was just increased to 360 this year like UI & ABU. Honestly, no sch in Nigeria has the facility for 360 & you know that

I repeat UNN med sch is not close to UI & OAU with facts/reasons but you're here playing the normal cards we're used to in Nigeria.
Mind you I sch at UNN and I'm not even from South West. I'm from South South & I hear feedback from my friends in those 2 schools.
So, you can't corner me with those games.

The reason why you find me on this thread was the person I quoted. He said OAU has no competition like UNN & I was like no, that's not competition. It's an unhealthy one & not one someone should be bragging with. OAU is ahead because they study under the right conditions.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by NL1960: 5:01pm On Mar 25
MightyNigerian:

Here comes the cheap blackmailing stuff. This isn't a political thread so I won't banter any words. If you want to engage, do it with facts.
UNN quota was just increased to 360 this year like UI & ABU. Honestly, no sch in Nigeria has the facility for 360 & you know that

I repeat UNN med sch is not close to UI & OAU with facts/reasons but you're here playing the normal cards we're used to in Nigeria.
Mind you I sch at UNN and I'm not even from South West. I'm from South South & I hear feedback from my friends in those 2 schools.

The reason why you find me on this thread was the person I quoted. He said OAU has no competition like UNN & I was like no, that's not competition. It's an unhealthy one & not one someone should be bragging with. OAU is ahead because they study under the right conditions.

Please was that of Uniben and Unilag also increased?.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MightyNigerian: 5:03pm On Mar 25
NL1960:

Please was that of Uniben and Unilag also increased?.

The quota for all Med Schs in Nigeria were doubled this year

Not just Medicine but also for all Nursing Schs in Nigeria including Sch of Nursing.
I think Tinubu did that to cover Japa lapses but probably didn't think about the aftermath

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Haustyne(m): 5:07pm On Mar 25
MightyNigerian:

And person go still get mind dey compare that kind sch with OAU. If you no get body, you no fit put am for OAU. Most UNN students sef have tried the likes of UI, OAU but couldn't get it due to the mad competition before resulting to go back home & study at UNN.

Who told u the quota for UNN dentistry is 15? I don't know where u got ur statistics that is telling u that most people who are in UNN applied to UI, OAU before getting admission. If merit the admission, u would be given.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MightyNigerian: 5:11pm On Mar 25
Haustyne:

Who told u the quota for UNN dentistry is 15? I don't know where u got ur statistics that is telling u that most people who are in UNN applied to UI, OAU before getting admission. If merit the admission, u would be given.

I agree the admission is merit based. I'm just talking about the many lists released after the primary admission list that you and I know isn't merit based and is usually more than the merit names. That's why admitted students do reach 500
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by venmotors(m): 5:12pm On Mar 25
MightyNigerian:

Mind you I sch at UNN, Medicine and I'm not even from South West. I'm from South South & I hear feedback from my friends in those 2 schools.

I no where the feeling is coming from ... U applied medicine ND course was changed ND person with lower course got the medicine....

If u have not gone far u can still apply OAU or UI which u claim is the best
Goodluck
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Haustyne(m): 5:17pm On Mar 25
MightyNigerian:

Mind you I sch at UNN, Medicine and I'm not even from South West. I'm from South South & I hear feedback from my friends in those 2 schools.

They are on par with each other. They are federal schools which are under funded. It is the government that needs to do better but in terms of the school in general. UNN medical school is doing ok and not as bad u paint it to be.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by NL1960: 5:18pm On Mar 25
MightyNigerian:

The quota for all Med Schs in Nigeria were doubled this year

Not just Medicine but also for all Nursing Schs in Nigeria including Sch of Nursing.
I think Tinubu did that to cover Japa lapses but probably didn't think about the aftermath

Iam aware there was a directive to that effect but i only saw few Universities saying that theirs have been increased. Never saw any information from the new generation universities.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MightyNigerian: 5:18pm On Mar 25
Haustyne:

They are on par with each other. They are federal schools which are under funded. It is the government that needs to do better but in terms of the school in general. UNN medical school is doing ok and not as bad u paint it to be.

Alright, I'll pass
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MightyNigerian: 5:19pm On Mar 25
venmotors:

I no where the feeling is coming from ... U applied medicine ND course was changed ND person with lower course got the medicine....

If u have not gone far u can still apply OAU or UI which u claim is the best
Goodluck
Yes, you're right. I failed out of Medicine & course was changed but will be trying OAU or UI soon.
But that still doesn't make what I said wrong. I said everything with open mind. Those're the sad realities in that sch and you know it
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Haustyne(m): 5:21pm On Mar 25
MightyNigerian:

I agree the admission is merit based. I'm just talking about the many lists released after the primary admission list that you and I know isn't merit based and is usually more than the merit names. That's why admitted students do reach 500
Other schools do the same thing, they have primary list and supplementary lists. The 500 admission like u said was once in 2019. I don't think that has been repeated again.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by MightyNigerian: 5:32pm On Mar 25
Haustyne:

Other schools do the same thing, they have primary list and supplementary lists. The 500 admission like u said was once in 2019. I don't think that has been repeated again.

Other schools own isn't as bad as UNN. In fact some schools don't admit up to their quota. I'm sure UI & OAU don't. If at all they'll, it'll only be by 10 not hundreds.
No one will expect UNN to do do such when it's not a state university. It should be at par with other 1st generation schs in admission
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Haustyne(m): 5:43pm On Mar 25
MightyNigerian:

Other schools own isn't as bad as UNN. In fact some schools don't admit up to their quota. I'm sure UI & OAU don't. If at all they'll, it'll only be by 10 not hundreds.
No one will expect UNN to do do such when it's not a state university. It should be at par with other 1st generation schs in admission

U clearly have ur own bias against the school but good luck on ur Med School application. I hope u get in.
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by venmotors(m): 7:34pm On Mar 25
MightyNigerian:

That admission was in 2018 for 024 class since many ppl wer asked to change to other dept ...from that list
The current 400l, 025 class are around 210 or so
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DarkPheonix: 8:48am On Mar 27
venmotors:

Hahahaha .... UNN qorta is 360 ...I'm not in nursing so I don't much about their council exam .... As for US residence program... Check the school with highest doctor outside Nigeria that wer trained here, I bet you UNN will make top 3
Unn quota is 180, it was few weeks ago that that federal government through the mcdn and other allied medical bodies, unfortunately gave every school the opportunity to double their admission quota.
And we all know, no school in Nigeria have the facilities to train over 300 medical students.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by DarkPheonix: 8:50am On Mar 27
Haustyne:

Lies we tell ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Xandre: 12:19pm On Mar 28
venmotors:

This is a new development na.

I don't even think any School has implemented the new Quota yet.

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Zico5(m): 1:00pm On Mar 28
DarkPheonix:

Unn quota is 180, it was few weeks ago that that federal government through the mcdn and other allied medical bodies, unfortunately gave every school the opportunity to double their admission quota.
And we all know, no school in Nigeria have the facilities to train over 300 medical students.
You guys are just misleading people. UNN is 150. Only UI is 180. Go to the MDCN and confirm it
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Afuckedupmedgal: 9:06pm On Mar 28
[color=#770077][/color]
Hi I am a med student too in lasu and let's just say I'm not doing well at all especially mentally I found this thread and im typing on it to see if can find any kind of community for me to feel sane, now you're wondering what's this girl's problem I'm depressed to the extent being depressed is an understatement what makes it worse is that I'm just in 100lvl and am surrounded with many people but know deep down that I can't tell them how I really feel

I'm not doing well in school, I can't seem to understand anything maybe it's because I left secondary school 2years ago and was majorly tired of life in 2023(if Unilag kicked your ass say hi) and what makes me so sad is that I don't know if I'm going to transit because I'm not doing so well as I ought to and Im igbo so automatically I have to prove myself twice as hard everyone else I feel like I'm not cut off for this but I can't back down my parents have given their ALL to give me this opportunity

Another reason that makes it hard for me to speak about how I feel us because it's not so big as the problem of others and I feel ungrateful for complaining but I can't help but feel the way i feel so please if you have nothing nice to say maybe don't say it but I would love some words of encouragement and if youre going through the same thing you're not alone

And I don't even want to be doctor I can't stand the sight of blood and stuff like that but I don't have a choice and I wonder how I'm going to spend seven years of my life studying something I have no zeal for
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Froshchuksswart(m): 1:47am On Apr 01
MightyNigerian:

There is no perfect school in Nigeria, make I go maiduguri make boko k!ll me lol
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Froshchuksswart(m): 2:08am On Apr 01
MightyNigerian:

There is no perfect school in Nigeria, you don’t need to dissect a cadaver to be a good doctor,most great doctors don’t know much anatomy today, just residual knowledge and great knowledge in their specialty, that post I made, there is no perfect medical school in Nigeria, in Nigeria 80% of what you retain as medical student is what you impact in yourself we are in the 21st century there are YouTube channels pathoma and Dr najeeb has played more roles in my life as student than any lecturer in my school

UNN has population issues but there are a lot of pros in UNN we are the fastest federal medical school in Nigeria, that’s enough compensation I know many medical school like UNICAL and others that have still not inducted 021 doctors and UNILAG too we are like 2 years ahead of them calendar wise, sit that out bro

1 Like

Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 10:29am On Apr 02
Saviourk:
What school?
UNN na just survival for the fittest 🥲

FUTA
Re: The medical students and aspirants thread by Eben331: 10:30am On Apr 02
MightyNigerian:

And person go still get mind dey compare that kind sch with OAU. If you no get body, you no fit put am for OAU.

MDCN quota is 50 but the school does not admit up to 50.

(1) (2) (3) ... (900) (901) (902) (903) (904) (905) (Reply)

Unilorin Utme 2015/2016 Aspirants / UNIBEN STUDENTS ADMISSION THREAD, 2015/2016 / National Open University Of Nigeria (NOUN) Students

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.