Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,279 members, 7,860,645 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:41 PM

Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 - Jobs/Vacancies (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 (2034655 Views)

Nigeria Security And Civil Defence Corps(nscdc) 2015/2016 Recruitment. / Nimc 2012/2013 Interview / Nigeria Civil Defence Corp Is Recruiting: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (460) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by EMMY86: 11:00pm On Jul 06, 2014
please drop your phone contact at l, so that I will call you for us to discuss more about the nigeria customs replacement list. Thanks
Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by Lawal4green: 5:02am On Jul 07, 2014
Somebody should Google and paste this link here..............:Nigeria immigration recruitment tragedy 2 months after senate silent
Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by Nobody: 6:13am On Jul 07, 2014
EMMY86: @Thorpsy22, please drop your phone contact at nchetachukwu@gmail.com, so that I will call you for us to discuss more about the nigeria customs replacement list. Thanks
EMMY86 am also interested in dat Custom stuff,though i call a bros working in Custom @Ogun state last month but tld me nothin is happening,Jboy179@yahoo.com is my email pls can U drop me ur PHONE contact dere..Tankz Bros 1luv
Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by ruggedcontinues: 6:33am On Jul 07, 2014
The Federal Government has been dragged to
court over the ill-fated Nigerian Immigration
Service (NIS) employment recruitment which
claimed lives across the nation.
The suit, being handled by a consortium of lawyers
on pro-bono basis (free-of-charge), led by Funke
Adekoya, will be heard by the Federal High Court in
Abuja.
In the writ of summons, the plaintiffs, Patience
Nonye Omezie and Kasim Yusuf Suleiman, are
seeking a declaration that the defendants acted in
negligence and in total disregard to the sanctity of
lives of over 520,000 Nigerians who were invited for
job interview and screening by the NIS.
Defendants are the Federal Republic of Nigeria,
(first defendant) Attorney-General of the Federation
(second), Interior Affairs Minister, Abba Moro
(third), NIS and its Comptroller General, David
Shikfu Parradang (fourth defendant).
Omezie is a Management & Accounting graduate of
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, who had been
unemployed for five years, while Suleiman is a 2010
unemployed graduate of the University of Jos.
Adekoya will lead Messrs J. S. Okutepa and former
NBA first Vice President, Ikeazor Akaraiwe, in the
matter.
The plaintiffs, suing in a representative capacity,
are also seeking a declaration that the sum of
N1,000 collected from all the job applicants at the
instance of the defendants was not only unlawful
and contrary to the Public Service Rules and
Regulations, but that it constituted a breach of the
constitutional and statutory duties the defendants
owed Nigerians, including the over 520,000
Nigerians who sought to be employed into the NIS.
They are also asking the court to declare that the
minister as “not a fit and proper person to hold
public office in Nigeria, with regard to his callous
statement that Nigerians who died and those who
were injured during the stampede resulting from the
job interview and exercises on March 15, 2014
were impatient and that the applicants did not follow
laid down procedures.”
Accordingly, the plaintiffs seek an order of court
directing the defendants to account for and repay to
all the job applicants who applied for and paid to be
employed into the Nigerian Immigration Services all
such monies, noting that such payment was illegal,
unconstitutional and contrary to public policy and
good conscience.
In her statement on oath, Omezie claimed that “as
we were rushing into the stadium, I overheard one
of the officials of the fourth defendant telling some
young men that only 500 slots was allocated to
Lagos State and that 200 of the slots have been
given to senators and ‘ogas at the top’ etc.”

source:
diamondcelebrities.com/2014/07/07/immigration-tragedy-victims-sue-fg-demand-ministers-sack/
Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by Lawal4green: 6:51am On Jul 07, 2014
thorpsy22: not recruitment o..I was refering to dose dat will b successful in d ongoing replacement
profinmasscom:
Thorpsy22, is it for Custom or NSCDC?
Lawal4green: Bros ur Reply to this question will be highly appreciated.
@thorpsy22, am still waiting.............tnx
Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by thorpsy22: 8:19am On Jul 07, 2014
Lawal4green I was referring to customs
Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by Lawal4green: 8:33am On Jul 07, 2014
thorpsy22: Lawal4green I was referring to customs
tnx man
Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by profinmasscom(m): 8:34am On Jul 07, 2014
thorpsy22: Lawal4green I was referring to customs

@thorpsy, but do you have any idea about NSCDC?
Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by thorpsy22: 8:36am On Jul 07, 2014
profinmasscom:

@thorpsy, but do you have any idea about NSCDC?
no
Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by profinmasscom(m): 8:48am On Jul 07, 2014
Two months after the Senate Committee on Interior submitted its report of the investigation  into the  tragedy in the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) recruitment exercise, the upper legislative chamber is silent on the findings of the inquest.

No fewer than 21 people were killed in a shabby recruitment exercise conducted for thousands of Nigerians bidding for scanty slots in the NIS on March 15 this year, with several other applicants sustaining various degrees of injury.

The Minister of Interior, Abba Moro, had been widely accused of being responsible for the poor conduct of the nationwide aptitude test for the Immigration jobs, which resulted in stampedes in some of the centres, and subsequent death of some of the jobseekers.

Following huge public outcry over the tragedy, the Senate, on March 18, directed its Committee on Interior to conduct a public hearing to unravel the remote and immediate causes of the stampedes.

The committee was charged to report back to the chamber within two weeks, to enable it take appropriate action that would discourage such recklessness in future recruitment exercises.

However, almost two months after the committee led by Abubakar Bagudu, concluded investigations and submitted its report to the Senate, there is nothing to indicate that the report has either been listed in the chamber’s Order Paper for debate at the plenary.

When contacted on the matter yesterday, a member of the Senate committee that probed the tragedy, Abdulmumini Hassan said, the committee had submitted its report long ago, but said he did not know what was delaying consideration of the report in the Senate.

Rather, Hassan referred our correspondent to the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Rules and Business, saying: “Do you know Ita Enang? Please call him; he is the chairman of rules and business”.

But when contacted by one of our reporters yesterday, Senator Enang said he will have to crosscheck his schedule today (Monday). “I can’t talk on it now. Call me tomorrow let me check my schedule, so that I can tell you what happened… please, please”, Enang said.

Also, when the Chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Media and Publicity, Zakari Mohammed, was contacted for explanations on why the lower chamber has kept mum on the tragedy, he said they agreed to suspend action on the Immigration recruitment saga, since the Senate had already commenced probe into the incident.

Our reporters reliably learnt at the weekend that almost four months after President Goodluck Jonathan directed that three family members of each of the deceased applicants should be offered slots in a fresh

Immigration recruitment exercise, the committee empanelled by the president has yet to comply with the order.

There was also controversy over the payment of hospital bills of the victims, as the interior ministry was accused of failing to fulfill its promise to settle the bills.

It would be recall that during the Senate investigative hearing, the interior minister, Moro, owned up to the negligence in the NIS recruitment exercise.

Speaking before the Bagudu led Senate, Moro said: “With regards to the ill-fated day, I cannot abdicate responsibility; the buck in the entire exercise ends on my table”.

Moro, who admitted that there was no provision in both 2012 and 2013 budgets of the ministry for the recruitment, regretted that at the time the Civil Defence, Fire Service, Immigration and Prisons Board (CDFIPB) discovered that the consultant, Drexel Technology Nigeria Limited, opted out of funding the exercise, it was already too late to terminate the exercise.

He also disclosed that at the point where the decision to contract the job to Drexel from among the four bidders for the recruitment exercise was taken, the members of the board were carried along.

Speaking earlier, the Secretary of the CDFIPB, Sylvester Tapgun, had said that when the board discovered that the exercise was going to be difficult, it advised the minister to stagger the process, but Moro refused.

The Comptroller General of the NIS, David Parradang, had also contradicted the minister when he said he only saw the notice of the advertisement for the recruitment exercise in newspapers.

He said he was never consulted, nor any meeting of the board convened to take any decision about the recruitment.

“On this note, I placed a call to the former Secretary that I was not aware of any board meeting where the decision to conduct the exercise was taken, he pleaded with me that he was under pressure, that i

should take it, but I told him this is an official matter, and that I will write him. I wrote to him, but I did not get any response until he left the service”, Parradang said.

Parradang also said he protested the recruitment modalities by suggesting staggering of the exercise, the use of state of origin, and the N1000 collections from the applicants, but the minister did not listen to him.
Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by Erukulele(m): 9:09am On Jul 07, 2014
@ruggedcontinue, we must salute the courage of the two graduates and appreciate the gesture of the team of lawyers but my concern is how far they can go, abba moro has the support of the senate president he was a former chairman of their local govt before he chaired david mark re-election campaign committee which helps him become a minister, the fact that nothing has happened to morro even when senate has investigated the botched recruitment and found him guilty shows clearly that he has been shielded by his godfather. This country would have been better and economically advanced if some are not above the law. We can just hope they get a fair judgement from court. #abbamoromustgo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by ruggedcontinues: 9:22am On Jul 07, 2014
profinmasscom: Two months after the Senate Committee on Interior submitted its report of the investigation  into the  tragedy in the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) recruitment exercise, the upper legislative chamber is silent on the findings of the inquest.

No fewer than 21 people were killed in a shabby recruitment exercise conducted for thousands of Nigerians bidding for scanty slots in the NIS on March 15 this year, with several other applicants sustaining various degrees of injury.

The Minister of Interior, Abba Moro, had been widely accused of being responsible for the poor conduct of the nationwide aptitude test for the Immigration jobs, which resulted in stampedes in some of the centres, and subsequent death of some of the jobseekers.

Following huge public outcry over the tragedy, the Senate, on March 18, directed its Committee on Interior to conduct a public hearing to unravel the remote and immediate causes of the stampedes.

The committee was charged to report back to the chamber within two weeks, to enable it take appropriate action that would discourage such recklessness in future recruitment exercises.

However, almost two months after the committee led by Abubakar Bagudu, concluded investigations and submitted its report to the Senate, there is nothing to indicate that the report has either been listed in the chamber’s Order Paper for debate at the plenary.

When contacted on the matter yesterday, a member of the Senate committee that probed the tragedy, Abdulmumini Hassan said, the committee had submitted its report long ago, but said he did not know what was delaying consideration of the report in the Senate.

Rather, Hassan referred our correspondent to the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Rules and Business, saying: “Do you know Ita Enang? Please call him; he is the chairman of rules and business”.

But when contacted by one of our reporters yesterday, Senator Enang said he will have to crosscheck his schedule today (Monday). “I can’t talk on it now. Call me tomorrow let me check my schedule, so that I can tell you what happened… please, please”, Enang said.

Also, when the Chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Media and Publicity, Zakari Mohammed, was contacted for explanations on why the lower chamber has kept mum on the tragedy, he said they agreed to suspend action on the Immigration recruitment saga, since the Senate had already commenced probe into the incident.

Our reporters reliably learnt at the weekend that almost four months after President Goodluck Jonathan directed that three family members of each of the deceased applicants should be offered slots in a fresh

Immigration recruitment exercise, the committee empanelled by the president has yet to comply with the order.

There was also controversy over the payment of hospital bills of the victims, as the interior ministry was accused of failing to fulfill its promise to settle the bills.

It would be recall that during the Senate investigative hearing, the interior minister, Moro, owned up to the negligence in the NIS recruitment exercise.

Speaking before the Bagudu led Senate, Moro said: “With regards to the ill-fated day, I cannot abdicate responsibility; the buck in the entire exercise ends on my table”.

Moro, who admitted that there was no provision in both 2012 and 2013 budgets of the ministry for the recruitment, regretted that at the time the Civil Defence, Fire Service, Immigration and Prisons Board (CDFIPB) discovered that the consultant, Drexel Technology Nigeria Limited, opted out of funding the exercise, it was already too late to terminate the exercise.

He also disclosed that at the point where the decision to contract the job to Drexel from among the four bidders for the recruitment exercise was taken, the members of the board were carried along.

Speaking earlier, the Secretary of the CDFIPB, Sylvester Tapgun, had said that when the board discovered that the exercise was going to be difficult, it advised the minister to stagger the process, but Moro refused.

The Comptroller General of the NIS, David Parradang, had also contradicted the minister when he said he only saw the notice of the advertisement for the recruitment exercise in newspapers.

He said he was never consulted, nor any meeting of the board convened to take any decision about the recruitment.

“On this note, I placed a call to the former Secretary that I was not aware of any board meeting where the decision to conduct the exercise was taken, he pleaded with me that he was under pressure, that i

should take it, but I told him this is an official matter, and that I will write him. I wrote to him, but I did not get any response until he left the service”, Parradang said.

Parradang also said he protested the recruitment modalities by suggesting staggering of the exercise, the use of state of origin, and the N1000 collections from the applicants, but the minister did not listen to him.
Dis report is obsolete
Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by lirusehn(m): 9:24am On Jul 07, 2014
ruggedcontinues: Dis report is obsolete
if i were u ' i wudnt have quoted everthing'

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by Lawal4green: 10:09am On Jul 07, 2014
ruggedcontinues: Dis report is obsolete
is today's Report.........stop Behaving like pre-KG kids

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by Ibro2star: 10:25am On Jul 07, 2014
Waoooooo! Ehhhhh!.......am for NSCDC nothn else.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by profinmasscom(m): 10:45am On Jul 07, 2014
Ibro2star: Waoooooo! Ehhhhh!.......am for NSCDC nothn else.

@Ibro2star, please do you have any infor concerning NSCDC?
Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by Ibro2star: 10:47am On Jul 07, 2014
profinmasscom:

@Ibro2star, please do you have any infor concerning NSCDC?
replacement tns
Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by Ask4bigneyo(m): 11:19am On Jul 07, 2014
What happend to replacement things? Any latest development....
Ibro2star: replacement tns
Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by nonso686: 7:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
I hav just been informd tht NIS would shortlist applicants for interview in two weeks' time; d source said there would no longer be exam; however, this info is nt 4rm my main source, any1 who has link with d board shuld try 2 confirm it, but l will get in touch with my main source in d board within d wk.
Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by profinmasscom(m): 7:19pm On Jul 07, 2014
@Ibro2star, please answer to this question would be highly appreciated.

Ibro2star: replacement tns

Ask4bigneyo: What happend to replacement things? Any latest development....
Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 07, 2014
As it is now, there is going to be massive recruitment in all paramilitaries under ministry of interior (ie) CDFIPB. The only delay now is d fund they want to use for the training of d shortlisted candidates. The way they want to do it now is to send d shortlisted candidates immediately to training without delay. The major reason they want to recruit in all d four ministries is that they really want to recruit majority of d participants of d last exercise. They are really working on how to raise d fund for d training,as soon they capture d fund people will be called immediately. ONE LOVE!
Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by ejiykzazi2007(m): 7:58pm On Jul 07, 2014
jovial99: As it is now, there is going to be massive recruitment in all paramilitaries under ministry of interior (ie) CDFIPB. The only delay now is d fund they want to use for the training of d shortlisted candidates. The way they want to do it now is to send d shortlisted candidates immediately to training without delay. The major reason they want to recruit in all d four ministries is that they really want to recruit majority of d participants of d last exercise. They are really working on how to raise d fund for d training,as soon they capture d fund people will be called immediately. ONE LOVE!
Won't it be beta that if dey publish d advert, while dey are receivin applications, dey can den sort 4 fund for trainin(I tot d fund was captured in d budget, dat made dem set d exam)...
Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 07, 2014
ejiykzazi2007: Won't it be beta that if dey publish d advert, while dey are receivin applications, dey can den sort 4 fund for trainin(I tot d fund was captured in d budget, dat made dem set d exam)...
It's no more NIS alone dis time but NIS,NSCDC,NPS & FFS.
Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by Lawal4green: 8:58pm On Jul 07, 2014
ejiykzazi2007: Hahahahaha. I hv stopd listenin to dat guy's info na, any post I see wit Lawal4green, I go just scroll pass...
ejiykzazi2007: Won't it be beta that if dey publish d advert, while dey are receivin applications, dey can den sort 4 fund for trainin(I tot d fund was captured in d budget, dat made dem set d exam)...
since they didn't place Advert, Draft the advert and publish it.................u ungrateful human................my Green-flame is waitin 4 u
Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by Ibro2star: 9:46pm On Jul 07, 2014
profinmasscom: @Ibro2star, please answer to this question would be highly appreciated.

All NSCDC candidates shd be warming up for training as applctn letters are being prepared to be released @ anytym.Nasjeje,Genxris,Lawal n others try to confirm ds frm ur source.....stay cool

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by chesterlee(m): 10:07pm On Jul 07, 2014
Ibro2star: All NSCDC candidates shd be warming up for training as applctn letters are being prepared to be released @ anytym.Nasjeje,Genxris,Lawal n others try to confirm ds frm ur source.....stay cool
Same as FFS! Appointment letters should be out later this week. Oluwa is at work!
Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by jimikata(m): 10:08pm On Jul 07, 2014
jovial99: It's no more NIS alone dis time but NIS,NSCDC,NPS & FFS.
pls, what will be the modality for recruitment into these agencies? is it going to be general recruitment where advert would be place in dailies or replacement?
Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by unuane1(m): 10:12pm On Jul 07, 2014
Ibro2star: All NSCDC candidates shd be warming up for training as applctn letters are being prepared to be released @ anytym.Nasjeje,Genxris,Lawal n others try to confirm ds frm ur source.....stay cool
pls is it going to happen within this month? And how sure is this your info because I want use pepper body dey disturb my agent now. Thanks anyway for the info. Abj here I come for my appointment letter. see u there also.
Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by ejiykzazi2007(m): 11:01pm On Jul 07, 2014
Lawal4green: since they didn't place Advert, Draft the advert and publish it.................u ungrateful human................my Green-flame is waitin 4 u
Lolz..... I am ungrateful cos I chose not to blive ur info? Nawa 4 u o! Let me just pretend that I hv notin to say... Its well.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by Lawal4green: 11:22pm On Jul 07, 2014
it is well, tnx Bro.
Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by jadajada: 7:14am On Jul 08, 2014
Lawal4green: it is well, tnx Bro.
is it true dat those 4 nscdc replacement 'll go 4 their training in makurdi?
Re: Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 by Lawal4green: 7:52am On Jul 08, 2014
jadajada: is it true dat those 4 nscdc replacement 'll go 4 their training in makurdi?
training is always in various state commands, maybe those for Armed squad will procceed direct to training schools Across Nigeria..............any info from ur side??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (460) (Reply)

Post Abuja Jobs Here / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 / Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.