Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. (14703 Views)

Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This? / What Was The Worst April Fool Played On/by You? / Values, Morals Or Beliefs Your Parents Instilled In You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by yinkhar(f): 5:26pm On Sep 19, 2012
i jst played a trick on my mum nw
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by slimyem: 5:28pm On Sep 19, 2012
yuzedo:

Slimyam, sweerie, ur daddy was watching po(r)no late at night?? shocked grin tongue
haba!
For where i take talk that one nah?
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by slimyem: 5:59pm On Sep 19, 2012
My mum had this method of making me use the textbooks my brother who was a year ahead of me used while he was in my class so my bro used new textbooks while i used "pass me ajeku"..
I was in primary 3 and my Macmillan english reading book was already tattered by the middle of the term.
I wanted a new one but i couldn't tell my parents so i just went and threw the book into one bush in front of the house then told my mum it got stolen at school.
My mum came to tell my teacher who in turn questioned me on how it got stolen.
I told the teacher i left it on my table and went to the toilet but could'nt find it when i got back.
The teacher questioned and punished all my classmates fruitlessly..
At the end of the day,i achieved my aim.my mum had no choice but to buy me a new book.cheesycheesy
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by Ifyfrank2(f): 6:27pm On Sep 19, 2012
BBDelta: I came from a very disciplined home, we were made to work hard, especially me first son. My Father was a Teacher. As early as 12 years I was already the dry cleaner in the house. My mum will pack all those "starched" brocade and babariga or Abada (we stayed in the north) for me to iron. We had this funny and weird pressing iron that was my tool. To lift the thing, men na serious weight lifting exercise.
Long story cut short, One day I given a heap of cloth to iron, which will take me a minimum of 3hrs to iron, pouring water on them. I was nodding my head (in dissatisfaction and annoyance) on the dinning while ironing and my parents were in the parlor just watching TV, all of a sudden my head hit the edge of the dinning door, I screamed and fell. Before you could say "jack robinson" blood of Jesus was being shouted all over the place and I heard the one that sparked something in me. "The iron dey shock!!!, I don talk am before" I quickly queued into it, come see me dey shake for ground and my tongue already coming out, my eyes were all going in.. MILK, MILK, MILK filled the Air!!! Oh Boy, I finish about 2 things of "three crown" milk.
Of course you know the rest; I was never made to iron for some good weeks even after the weird iron was replaced. Till today my parents still think say na electric shock me.... TRUE STORY BRO...I STILL SEE IT IN MY HEAD ...\O/
lol
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by 44chux(m): 6:27pm On Sep 19, 2012
I used to search my mum's purse/bag for kobo coins.As soon as I found more than one, I took the rest, always being careful to leave one or two behind incase she needed the change. I would hide the money somewhere for 24hrs(to cool it down) and then use it for waffers and choco-milo. If she noticed and raised the alarm, I would either drop the coins behind the foot of the table on which she left the purse/bag where, although hidden, someone was bound to see it while sweeping; or I simply dropped it in the pocket of the dress she wore that day for herself or the maid to discover during laundry.
One day my Dad accused her of being careless and always looking for who to blame for misplacing her change. That was the last day she complained. I think she still believes it was always her fault

1 Like

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by MoonRaker2: 6:41pm On Sep 19, 2012
I had lot of dirty cloth 2 watch on saturday,what can I do o ? On friday wen we were in schl,I went 2 d schl health prefect pretending I had a cut She treated & bandage my arm.On sat b4 I woke my Mum had finished washing my cloths.I was lyk wow! all thanx 2 d bandage
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by odizzy: 8:26pm On Sep 19, 2012
Wen i was growing up, dia was this programe me n my siblings luv watching on A.I.T by 9pm, because it collides wit NTA news, my dad alway deprive us frm watching the programe while he watches his NTA news, but b4 he switches to NTA channel 4 the news, he always luk at the clock to see if it is tym(9pm) for the net work news, so one day i resat the clock to be after time(for example, if the wright tym 4 dat day is to be 9pm, the tym in the reset clock wil be 8pm). So that faithful day, as the programe on AIT started he lookd at the clock n the tym was 8pm, den i said immediately "wow is like AIT now starts dis programe early dan b4, my siblings responded YES. So we enjoyed our programe. Finally wen the reseted tym was 9pm, my dad switchd to NTA only to find out dat they wia jus concluding the net work news, he lukd at the tym again while we ran into our mum's rum, he came into the rum lukd at me as i smiled to him at the back of my mum, he shecked his head n left. The next day he bought a tv for us in our rum. Lolz

8 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by kinkie(f): 8:29pm On Sep 19, 2012
all4naija: You mean 17 years old is a child?
mumu d guy said when he was a teen not when he was a child. Ode!
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by keddyluv(f): 8:32pm On Sep 19, 2012
After we had our dinner,I went 2 d kitchen 2 wash d dishes, d no of dirty plates was just so alarming. Whr do I start and wen do I finish was d questions I asked mysef, I immediately decided 2 Form stomach ache and I was rushed 2 d hospital,wen we came back dat nit, all d dishes were already washed.
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by kinkie(f): 8:50pm On Sep 19, 2012
ghettodreamz:

U bad gan oooo,respect \o/ .

MY OWN STORY LONG SMALL OOOOOO

[s]I can't remember me playing any trick on my parents, but I can still remember vividly several of them while I was growing up and was living with an uncle. I used to have a very strict and great disciplinarian as an uncle. You should know what it would be like having a strict secondary school teacher as an uncle,he hardly let me go out of the room and play with other co-tenant's kids (living in first floor of a 2 storey building). I grew up being a tough and very stubborn boy, used to play rough back in those days,having injured several young kids while playing rough with them. The moments their parents were home, the next knock on our door would be theirs, they've come to report me. It always land me in serious trouble, 12 or more strokes of caning using 'Pankere'. He always keep 2 or 3 canes at home for my sake, and at times he comes home with new set of canes from the secondary school where he teaches. After serious caning, I got adapted to it and I rarely feel the pains anymore won't even cry unlike when the whole corporal punishment thing was new to me.

YOU ARE NOT TIRED READING, ARE YOU?

When he discovered that I've developed a thick skin to the caning, he introduced another punishment methodology, Cigar Obo (Monkey's cigarette) & touching the right toe with your fingers with your other leg raised up from the ground. Omo, na serious war when you don't grow up with your parents oooo. He refrained me from using the Blackpunkt Color TV Set & Sharp VHS player.

The harder and tougher he punishes me, the harder and more stubborn it get me ooo. The last punishment I could remember of, was him giving me tedious Mathematical Assignment to do from the Primary Six Macmillan Textbook while I was still in Primary Four. Of course, to him he knew what he was doing, knowing fully well that it would take me forever to get the questions solved. Imagine, being given 20 mathematical questions from Primary Six Textbook while I was still in Primary Four, TO HIM, me solving the questions really wasn't the point but just to get me busy for hours while he was away from home till he returns later in the evening after school.

DID I STILL HAVE YOUR UNDIVIDED ATTENTION?

After being tired of boredom and being locked indoor, I discovered my uncle always knock dust his shoe on the staircase anytime he's around.[/s] [b]Since that day, the moment he's out to work leaving me several mathematical questions, I would just plug the electronic gadgets insert a Yoruba movie (Do you still remember those Opomulero Mainframe Movies Era), chillax and enjoy my movies. The moment it's afternoon and the time he always arrive home was near, I would be vigilant. The moment, I heard someone knock dusting his footwear on the staircase I will eject the VHS cassette from the player, switch off the TV and resorted to solving the mathematical problems he gave me while he was leaving home in the a.m. [/b]

It wasn't easy growing up with my uncle, but it does made me a CONFIRM SHARP BOY grin grin grin
all those long story weren't necessary. The part i dint cancel is d actual prank d op is asking of you. Elejo wewe ni e!

3 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by kinkie(f): 8:57pm On Sep 19, 2012
crackhouse: ur Dad must be a stack illitrate for u to have tricked him with that.
dude wats d crime in been a stark illiterate! If his dad was one nko?? Ehn ehn?? angry

Between, you are even worse dan an illiterate! Just look at you, is dat how to spell stark(stack) and illiterate(illitrate). Olodo oshi!

5 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by bigfrancis21: 8:58pm On Sep 19, 2012
Caracta: I was learning how to smoke (with match sticks) in the sitting room. I thought i was home alone until i heard my dad's voice. I was confused. I threw the lit-up match stick under the sofa & ran out. Before i knew it, there was smoke everywhere. There was fire outbreak. We saved what we could. Till today, nobody knows what caused the fire!
Lwkmdh! I can imagine. Hahaha

@omorsexie: lmao! grin
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by omotol(f): 10:01pm On Sep 19, 2012
LMAO[quote
author=kfasian]My mum was always in the habit of spanking us with bare
hands anytime we did something wrong. This hand-spanking was always
worse than using cane. She is a teacher and still teaches till date. One
nice evening, I messed up and she "landed" me gbua! gbua! bgbua! I lay
down straight on the floor screaming only once and turning my eyes
inside out. My mum rushed to me, she was afraid, held me up, started
shivering and thinking that I had fainted as a result of the beating.
She tried everything to "revive" me, yet I pretended the more. I joined
my teeth together and they tried to use spoon to ensure that my teeth
don't get locked. Sprinkled so much water on me. In the process of the
"reviving" I finished 3 tins of peak milk alone, One big bottle of
Lucozade, and was about to move up to some eggs, but not for the too
much water that she sprinkled on me. I couldn't bear that any longer as
the water had soaked me so much. Finally "I came back to life". Till
today she doesn't beat with bare hands not even her pupils in school and
she still make reference to that incidence even to my wife and kids not
knowing I faked the entire scenario. I have confessed to my wife
anyway, so whenever she talks about it, myself and my wife will be
laughing.[/quote]
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 19, 2012
I was watching p.o.rn film one nite,when my dad saw me,and collected it shouting seriously,and beating me...,next morning,he woke me with a beating,shouting where is the part 2.

4 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by eyenCalabar(m): 10:42pm On Sep 19, 2012
My mum wouldn't allow me take water from the house to use and cook with my niggaz then. If I try she would beat me that am wasting water doing nothing when I was learning how to cook with my niggaz outside. So as nature may have it, a thought came to my mind that I can actually carry the water in my mouth from inside and turn it outside for use and so I did. So to my mum I was drinking the water. This continue till one day after "drinking" enough water and food was ready, then my mum put my own for me having in mind that I won't eat much 'cos I have been taking a lot of water just before the food came up but I surprised her and I ate so much 'cos I was very hungry. After eating and even with the amount of water I took again, my mum called the attention of my dad to me that she's suspecting there is something wrong with me that I eat abnormal. Since that day I never knew that my mum has started watching me closely until I was caught ...and there was no cooking again. Lolz.
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by bmasz(m): 11:12pm On Sep 19, 2012
Wen I was in primary 6;that was during the 2002 world cup and the matches were been played in the morning hours between 8am and 12pm. I had to watch the matches, i didn't know how until I remembered that my dad had not yet paid my school fees. I told my dad dat I was driven for my fees. I watched every single match dat was played and after dat I resumed my school

1 Like

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by ayobase(m): 11:19pm On Sep 19, 2012
OmoKhary: My father hated d idea of my brothas n i playing wit d children in my hood...so one day they were playin boju boju n mehn i envied them so i decided 2 join them....i was so in2 d game dat i didnt hear my father's car cmin until a neighbour of mine shoutd "khare!!!daddy e ti de" mehn i flew back in2 our apartment n went in2 d toilet n pretended as if i was defecating

U just narrated my tori perfectly....put football instead of boju-boju.
Ose!
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by ayobase(m): 11:32pm On Sep 19, 2012
crackhouse: ur Dad must be a stack illitrate for u to have tricked him with that.

Do read the tori and tell me who was more intelligent.....and who tricked who there?
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by Scarpon(m): 11:33pm On Sep 19, 2012
i always wanted a bicycle but my mom could not afford it so i decide to take leave that when u squeeze it red water comes out( i could not rember the name) rub it all over my body, pretending i was beaten badly when my mom saw me she shouted what happen to u. i reply i rented a bicycle and i was trying to steal it so i got curt(arranged deals with the owner) she quickly took me to the owner and buy it for me cash.
sweet old days.
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by badboy: 11:47pm On Sep 19, 2012
I was a very naughty boy. My tricks were too many but there's this one I thought I got away with, until many years later. I think it happened in primary 2 or 3. I moved ten bucks from my mum's purse to buy these giant buns that caught my fancy way back then. The buns were sold by a peddler on a bike. Come and see buns!!! The things filled up a giant black nylon bag.They must have been like one million. Like 10,000 people gathered around me for the feast. I was the man!!!Lo & behold, Miss Deborah came...."Who gave you the money for the buns?". I told the teacher it was my dad. "Are you sure?" .Yes ma,I answered. Then came closing time, Miss Deborah gives me a stapled note for my dad. As a sharp boy, Iwent to a corner, read the note and in it she requested my dad to confirm giving me ten bucks, along with some graphic details. Guess what I did....I cancelled my name and jejely wrote,Nnamdi, my younger brothers name in it's place. Well, minutes later, pops came to pick us up from school,I bounced to the car, handed him the note,he read it and laughed the whole distance from school to our house without saying a word to any of us. I was perplexed, wondering why he didnt rake my younger bro. Long and short story is that, several years later, while in A.B.U.,we were moving homes and and while packing, he called me in to show me the note.I nearly died of laughter....the teacher wrote with biro while I cancelled(rather almost smudged my name out in pencil and my name was still clearly visible). Come and see the teacher's fine handwriting as compared to my scribbling. I felt so foolish....I thank God for life.

4 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by Nobody: 12:06am On Sep 20, 2012
afam4eva:
lol grin this trick works all the time.

Which trick works?? I beg to differ. The way you collapsed is the same way you'll awaken if you tried it with my mum.

1 Like

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by Pimples(m): 12:09am On Sep 20, 2012
Ejiné: One of my numerous crimes was inflating my Junior WAEC fee like a PDP senator. I remember I presented popsie a looooong list of things needed to register for the exam, with 65% of the items being things I 'kurukerely' filled in there.
Chineke nna, come and see format.

Dad: Son, number 14 says "handling charging". What exactly is that?

Me: It's the levy that takes care of the charges for the handling.

Dad: Handling of what?

Me: It handles the charges.

Dad: Charges based on what exactly?

Me: The overall handling, of course.

Dad: How?

Me: I mean the charges.

Dad: Of what?!

Me: The handling!!!
If laughter kill me u are responsible
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by abiki(f): 12:12am On Sep 20, 2012
Well, this happened in a friend's house. I went to visit my friend whose father was a trader. Anyways, my friend and her elder brother came in and told the man that they broke Amoeba in the Biology Lab and conned a huge sum of money from the man for a replacement. We still laugh about it.

2 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by ajbest(f): 12:32am On Sep 20, 2012
grin[color=#770077][/color]
played alot of tricks...cheesy

hated wakin up early 4mrning chores, so wen mum cms 2wake me, wud get up n kneel beside ma bed n pretend 2b prayin den i'l doz off again8-)

i hated takin ma baths during cold hamatan periods so wud go in2 d bathrum wt ma uniforms n wud jst do wat we call "RUB n SHINE"wink

i wrote a luv leta to a guy i was likin n mistakenly it fell off n i cudnt find it bt lata dat nyt my mum picked n read it. I was cald 4questionin n prosecutn bt wen i got dir i xplained dat ma english teacher tot us leta writin n gav us an assignment 2write one, dats jst ma homework nufin else.... Dat saved me:p

1 Like

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by edogho(m): 1:43am On Sep 20, 2012
Fancy mi own parents givin in on such a prank. I pity that child.
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by dam007(m): 2:34am On Sep 20, 2012
grin i will never steal from my mommiz purse "if i hia.. Tell lies to daddy "norm grin beat up my younger ones.. "i beat shege for my brod bodi!! I will never fight in the neighbourhood.. "i be defending champ that year! Nak craze enta anybodi wey fumble... But still on still... Sttill in the lordz army... #changed though... grin grin
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by ChibuzoIkenna(m): 6:46am On Sep 20, 2012
More like when ma grin Uncle prepared soya grains, I used to like it greddily too much buh we were only permitted to hav just a wrap mayb in a week.
On this day I dicovered d warehouse of this soya meal, and I had a mouthful, so full that ma mouth ws inflated and blossomed, as I ws darting away, lo and behold see my Uncle n his wife coming up d staircase, they were talking to me I was just "hmmmm" "huuuuuuu" heeeheheehe"it amazed me hw I could hav deceived dem for like 10 mins wiv that! Or they knw I stole and pretended. All d sane I ws happy then.
However guess am reformed now. Kid of today will just buy from their Uncles, so not fun like
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by masterpiecer(m): 7:03am On Sep 20, 2012
yinkhar: i jst played a trick on my mum nw

go ahead and tell it, dont worry, i promise i won't tell ur mummy lipsrsealed wink
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by ujem(m): 7:46am On Sep 20, 2012
Haahahahahahahaha Ejine abeg this one really cracked me up you be real PDP Senator hope say you no they politricks now oo!! because e don tay wen you start grin

Ejiné: One of my numerous crimes was inflating my Junior WAEC fee like a PDP senator. I remember I presented popsie a looooong list of things needed to register for the exam, with 65% of the items being things I 'kurukerely' filled in there.
Chineke nna, come and see format.

Dad: Son, number 14 says "handling charging". What exactly is that?

Me: It's the levy that takes care of the charges for the handling.

Dad: Handling of what?

Me: It handles the charges.

Dad: Charges based on what exactly?

Me: The overall handling, of course.

Dad: How?

Me: I mean the charges.

Dad: Of what?!

Me: The handling!!!
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by mercurie(f): 8:25am On Sep 20, 2012
Ur own Dad must be illmannered 4 u 2 be so illmannered. Watch d words u say 2 pple. Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by mercurie(f): 8:37am On Sep 20, 2012
I can remember during my primary school days when we had mango and pear trees in our compound. We were not allowed to pluck them except when my Dad orders a general harvest by my elder cousins who were staying with us then. So when my parents left d house we will always pick sticks 2 flog down d fruits. When we hear my father's car horn, we will rush and pick up d leaves under d tree. But sometimes d man still dey look ground dey find out oh, c lashes nah, choi
Re: Tricks You Played On Your Parents And Got Away With As A Child. by BIGREEL(m): 9:15am On Sep 20, 2012
I hate taking drug then, so i do keep them in my ghana must go bag, and whenever i'm sent to buy drug either 4 myself or someone else i'll go directly to pick it 4rm my bag (if i have the type) then go out of the house to return pretending i'm coming 4rm a chemist. Lol....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is Your Most Treasured Possession And Why? / What Does Your Nairaland User-Name Mean? / Why I Prefer Romanceland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.