Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM (13523 Views)

Weapons Army Recovered From Boko Haram Sect In Borno. Photos / Boko Haram Planning To Bomb South-west – NOA Raises Alarm / Kano Threatens To Sue Presidency, Abati For Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by ChineduNlem(m): 10:08am On Sep 17, 2012
This is totally not a Cool period for cool fm staff and their family. Especially those in that valley of the shadow of death called northern nigeria.
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by jude33084(m): 10:13am On Sep 17, 2012
I want the muslims in the house Ť☺ come ΆŋԂ defend this grin

...The peace makers cheesy
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 17, 2012
Churches has armed themselves and tightened up security now they have turned to media houses,they would soon start bombing hospitals for having a red cross sign.

5 Likes

Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by bankyblue(m): 10:13am On Sep 17, 2012
they should keep on creeping their part and we keep on developing our own part. and at the end, let's see who losses. foolish set of cow.
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by DANILSA(m): 10:13am On Sep 17, 2012
They should make it faster, pls include Bank, telecommunication stations and any western invention.grin

3 Likes

Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by Asiwaju9ja(m): 10:15am On Sep 17, 2012
Sky-walker:
There they go again. always feel they are being opressed

Its the curse of Ishmeal.

1 Like

Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by jude33084(m): 10:15am On Sep 17, 2012
Asiwaju9ja: No one has the right to take another man's life. When a muslim dies u hear words like Allah giveth, Allah taketh. Why have these muslims
changed it to Allah giveth, muslims Taketh
(albeit gruesomely)

Very funy @ the bolded part cheesy
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by jude33084(m): 10:18am On Sep 17, 2012
DANILSA: They should make it faster, pls include Bank, telecommunication stations and any western invention.grin

Abi o my brother, they should make it fast ΆŋԂ quick grin
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by DANILSA(m): 10:22am On Sep 17, 2012
excondido: cool fm in kano? they are in harms way already.
harm's way or death's way? Abeg dis one don pass harm's way.
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by Hadone(m): 10:25am On Sep 17, 2012
honeric01:

[size=18pt]Their name was never boko haram, US gave them that name since they seem to know them more than we do.
Mr Man you got it right!! We here in the north are much more confused about BH than our southern counterparts. Because we are the northerners, the muslims and Hausa/Fulani for that matter. Our culture and religion always guide us to leave in peace with everybody. Majority of NL members can prove what iam saying for the fact that a good number have attended schools with us, do business transactions with our people and can testify how good majority of our people were. But from nowhere, we start experiencing strange things which if you look at it carefully is clearly aimed at destroying the north and giving Islam a Bad name.
What does the recent destruction of telecommunication facilities stand for if i may ask? If you say BokoHaram BokoHaram. The BokoHaram uses and enjoy this facilities more than you and I, because they use it in all their dealings and communications to the media agencies.[/size]
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by Donkunze: 10:28am On Sep 17, 2012
Make dem teach dem lesson joor!fire on...
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 17, 2012
cogitoErgo: Y on earth is coolFM andothers in Kano fo Christ sake? I think all modern institutions should vacate that part of the country.
I tire for them! Of all places na kano dem go put radio station! Wahala dey o!
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by slimming: 10:48am On Sep 17, 2012
A religion of peace indeed, the signs across the world is a great comfort how peaceful it is.
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by free2ryhme: 10:57am On Sep 17, 2012
onomeasike: [b]Another Islamist Sect Surfaces In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Radio Station

Posted: September 17, 2012 - 00:43

By SaharaReporters, New York

A top security source in Kano has informed SaharaReporters that a group claiming to be an affiliate of Jama'atu Ahlis sunna Lida'awati wal ihad (popularly called Boko Haram) has threatened to bomb Cool FM 96.9, a radio station based in Kano, the capital of Kano State. The sect, which identified itself as Jama'atul Qatlul Kafir fi Sabilillahi, reportedly accused the radio station of being pro-Christian and anti-Islam.

SaharaReporters learnt that the sect dispatched a letter to the broadcaster accusing it of blaspheming Prophet Muhammad.

Our source, who is an official of the State Security Service (SSS), said his agency as well as other security agencies had started investigating the authenticity of the sect as well as the background of spokesman, Jaid Qariq Usman. Mr. Usman signed the letter that was sent to the station.

“We are working to establish if the sect truly exists so as to avoid a repeat of the January, 2012 attacks in which hundreds of people were killed in Kano,” said our source. He added that the agencies were working hard and had taken the threat letter seriously. “I cannot say much more in order not to jeopardize our investigations,” the source told our correspondent.

An official of the radio station made the text of the letter available to SaharaReporters. The highly ungrammatical letter is reproduced below, unedited:

“As we embark on fresh attacks to commemorate the insult done to our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SWT) .This is hereby warning you/alerting your station that you might be affected due to some disregard attitudes towards Islam and our people. Reports came to us that your stations are Christian inclined and we made our investigations to ascertaining that.

There are some people among you that fall in our target list as we noted their CAN membership and they shall expect our wrath in a short-while, but for now.

We warn you. We also forewarn our Muslim brothers in the station not to be involved in any act of offence to Islam and that they should limit their movements into the stations to avoid being affected.

We once again commend the jihad of our brothers in Libya that killed an American envoy and some non Muslims; It is indeed an act worthy of commendation and adoption.”
[/b]

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/another-islamist-sect-surfaces-kano-threatens-bomb-radio-station

Terror consists mostly of useless cruelties perpetrated by frightened people in order to reassure themselves.

1 Like

Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by akunjohn(m): 10:59am On Sep 17, 2012
What is coolFm and mtn,glo,even PHCN and others are still doing in such places?,they want to be in darkness and so be it
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by AnyibestDede(m): 11:00am On Sep 17, 2012
My only annoyance is, why did lord Lugard joined us together in the first place? This people can never change. There is an adage that says " A RIVER DOES NOT DRAWN WHO IT DOES NOT SEE HIS LEG" Our people should leave north for them and run for there lifes. Thank God they even gave out warning this time
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by Ogetogeo(m): 11:02am On Sep 17, 2012
Had_one:
Mr Man you got it right!! We here in the north are much more confused about BH than our southern counterparts. Because we are the northerners, the muslims and Hausa/Fulani for that matter. Our culture and religion always guide us to leave in peace with everybody. Majority of NL members can prove what iam saying for the fact that a good number have attended schools with us, do business transactions with our people and can testify how good majority of our people were. But from nowhere, we start experiencing strange things which if you look at it carefully is clearly aimed at destroying the north and giving Islam a Bad name.
What does the recent destruction of telecommunication facilities stand for if i may ask? If you say BokoHaram BokoHaram. The BokoHaram uses and enjoy this facilities more than you and I, because they use it in all their dealings and communications to the media agencies.[/size]

Will you quite that hypocricy already?
Why always blaming the USA?
Sure, you like peace as ur brothers in the middle east abi?
You live in peace with others and churches are burnt every other week?
Sure, u are peace lovers and only the north had crisis after the last elections abi?

While you are at that difficult abiet funny job of image building, reduce ur fonts cus we aint blind.

Thnk u.

3 Likes

Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by Agimor(m): 11:03am On Sep 17, 2012
onomeasike: [b]Another Islamist Sect Surfaces In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Radio Station

Posted: September 17, 2012 - 00:43

By SaharaReporters, New York

A top security source in Kano has informed SaharaReporters that a group claiming to be an affiliate of Jama'atu Ahlis sunna Lida'awati wal ihad (popularly called Boko Haram) has threatened to bomb Cool FM 96.9, a radio station based in Kano, the capital of Kano State. The sect, which identified itself as Jama'atul Qatlul Kafir fi Sabilillahi, reportedly accused the radio station of being pro-Christian and anti-Islam.

SaharaReporters learnt that the sect dispatched a letter to the broadcaster accusing it of blaspheming Prophet Muhammad.

Our source, who is an official of the State Security Service (SSS), said his agency as well as other security agencies had started investigating the authenticity of the sect as well as the background of spokesman, Jaid Qariq Usman. Mr. Usman signed the letter that was sent to the station.

“We are working to establish if the sect truly exists so as to avoid a repeat of the January, 2012 attacks in which hundreds of people were killed in Kano,” said our source. He added that the agencies were working hard and had taken the threat letter seriously. “I cannot say much more in order not to jeopardize our investigations,” the source told our correspondent.

An official of the radio station made the text of the letter available to SaharaReporters. The highly ungrammatical letter is reproduced below, unedited:

“As we embark on fresh attacks to commemorate the insult done to our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SWT) .This is hereby warning you/alerting your station that you might be affected due to some disregard attitudes towards Islam and our people. Reports came to us that your stations are Christian inclined and we made our investigations to ascertaining that.

There are some people among you that fall in our target list as we noted their CAN membership and they shall expect our wrath in a short-while, but for now.

We warn you. We also forewarn our Muslim brothers in the station not to be involved in any act of offence to Islam and that they should limit their movements into the stations to avoid being affected.

We once again commend the jihad of our brothers in Libya that killed an American envoy and some non Muslims; It is indeed an act worthy of commendation and adoption.”
[/b]

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/another-islamist-sect-surfaces-kano-threatens-bomb-radio-station
I can see that this muslims of thing are proud been called a potential terrorist.my advise to them all is to board a plane down to united state to make know their grievances.since they worship a God that cannot fight for them none defend them.
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by hardbody: 11:05am On Sep 17, 2012
cogitoErgo: Y on earth is coolFM andothers in Kano fo Christ sake? I think all modern institutions should vacate that part of the country.

Well said. I find it extremly difficult to sympathize with southerners caught in ant melee up country. Considering they choose to be Haram in everything, let them be. there should be no PHCN, no GSM, no radio, nothing western whatsoever. Since they prefer to live in teh dark ages and turn to cave men, they should be encouraged.
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by ogochukwunasa1: 11:18am On Sep 17, 2012
Yoruba muslims are not terrorists.they are peaceful.

2 Likes

Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by onatisi(m): 11:29am On Sep 17, 2012
Ogetogeo:

Will you quite that hypocricy already?
Why always blaming the USA?
Sure, you like peace as ur brothers in the middle east abi?
You live in peace with others and churches are burnt every other week?
Sure, u are peace lovers and only the north had crisis after the last elections abi?

While you are at that difficult abiet funny job of image building, reduce ur fonts cus we aint blind.

Thnk u.
but to some extent that guy has a point,bh uses these telecoms to communicate and also remotely detonate their bombs so why will they blow up their mast?these telecoms dont belong to govt and neither are the religious organisations,i think there is more to this issue than we are seeinhg or hearing.why is all these threat to the press coming 48hrs after obj told bh they cant win?why is a new group emerging now that negotiations are reportedly going on with one group?there are lots of question and we must know that the ordinary ppl in the north are the worst affected ,they are ones arrested by jtf and killed and also killed by bh during their bombing raids.i wont deny the fact that some notherners dont like chritians but this new group and this new threat to cool fn just confirmed it all that there is a fifth columist involved that are benefiting from the continious prolongment of this problem
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by bittyend(m): 11:36am On Sep 17, 2012
Nigeria is synonymous with suicide bombing, crazy country with savages.
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by onatisi(m): 11:40am On Sep 17, 2012
bittyend: Nigeria is synonymous with suicide bombing, crazy country with savages.
from ur statements i dont think u are a nigerian,why dont u just sit and read ppls comment in order to know what is really going on.
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by azpekuliar: 11:42am On Sep 17, 2012
Landcruiser: This people r so dump

Gbagaun.. shocked
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by fstranger: 11:44am On Sep 17, 2012
onatisi:
from ur statements i dont think u are a nigerian,why dont u just sit and read ppls comment in order to know what is really going on.

That guy is retardedd, on the same level as Ekiti Bear!
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by Afam4eva(m): 11:46am On Sep 17, 2012
fstranger:

That guy is retardedd, on the same level as Ekiti Bear!
You're the master retardd.
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by lacasa: 11:47am On Sep 17, 2012
PDP, Jo well done oo

Karma is a b****

And it surely bites hardest wen it comes bk around
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by bittyend(m): 11:48am On Sep 17, 2012
onatisi:

I read the comments, and tbh, no one is sane on this thread.
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by fstranger: 11:48am On Sep 17, 2012
afam4eva:
You're the master retardd.

Dude, get a job already. Put your smartness to work!

####Dunce
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by naptu2: 11:51am On Sep 17, 2012
Super1759: Boko haram changed named just like some people in NL. E.g rhino grin

Their name is People Committed to the Propagation of the Prophet's Teachings and Jihad ( Jama'atu Ahlis sunna Lida'awati wal Jihad). Local people in Borno and Yobe states gave them the name Boko Haram (circa 2002-2005) because they appeared to live a secluded life and shun western education. Jama'atul Qatlul Kafir fi Sabilillah appears to be an affiliated group.

Earlier this year Jama'atu Ahlis sunna Lida'awati wal Jihad vowed to kill any journalist that calls them Boko Haram.
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by Olaone1: 11:51am On Sep 17, 2012
fstranger:

Dude, get a job already. Put your smartness to work!

####Dunce
Stranger
Re: Islamist Sect In Kano, Threatens To Bomb Cool FM by klax(m): 11:55am On Sep 17, 2012
This is so good I love this so much let more sect rise up its a good development I think the entire Nigeria has begged the Nothern Elders to help in curb Boko Haram menace but they are playing smart because Gej is the president isnit Now a new sect has risen UP, another Boko Haram in new dimension as I said it before that the North will by their own hands wipe themselves out of Nigeria Map and if such happen to be honest I will be the most happiest person because when a child is commiting crime and the father keep on protecting him one good day that child will surely face the father and destroy him that is how the North case is at the moment.

Please Mr sect or whatever you called yourself bomb anything you can bomb in Kano ok we are watching in mockery of you and your satanic region till you finally ruin yourself and make your generation an extinct in the land of Nigeria. Go on kill yourself when you finish killing yourself the South will come over to farm on your desolated Land. Foolish people dies in foolishness. No apology.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Call It What You Like, Budget-padding Will Continue – House Leader, Gbajabiamila / 5 Reasons Why You Don't Need To Die For Any Politician / Buhari Won't Be Petroleum Minister Says Adesina--TheCable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.