Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,669 members, 7,955,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:51 AM

Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria (20866 Views)

Amaechi Is Our Member, The Senate Belongs To APC Not PDP – Ndume / Court Papers Reveal That The NIC Never Reinstated Sacked Rivers Chairmen / ASARI DOKUBO: Take What Belongs To Me & Rule Me? No! (Must-See) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by obinnaoduduwa: 6:48am On Sep 18, 2012
I blame OBJ for everything,he has no interest on bakasi.as if he was bribed,God knows the best and Nigeria is weak if is American,China,Russia will they give the land out after ICJ never.
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by chucky234(m): 6:51am On Sep 18, 2012
shymexx:

That was why I said, "modernise the military." The s300 and s400 shouldn't have a problem dropping France's Dassault Rafale jets from the sky - we need to get a couple of them... Algeria has s300s!
We don't need s300 or s400 for any form of war with Cameroon,what we need are competent honest lawyers who are intellectually sound,our lawyers are obsessed with Ghana-must-go bags.
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by chucky234(m): 6:53am On Sep 18, 2012
obinnaoduduwa: I blame OBJ for everything,he has no interest on bakasi.as if he was bribed,God knows the best and Nigeria is weak if is American,China,Russia will they give the land out after ICJ never.
Everybody seem to be pointing accusing finger at OBJ,Bakassi case started in 1996 during Abacha regime through Abdusallam then inherited by OBJ.
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by otus4me(m): 6:57am On Sep 18, 2012
It's only a military man dat can take this land area back. The people in that area have been calling on the nigeria government to come to their aid. Thank God there are evidences.
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by esteemman(m): 7:19am On Sep 18, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] whats d way forward nw,..
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 18, 2012
2mch: Why are they shouting so much? Is it because their new country will not give them off shore free money? Abeg accept citizenship free Nigeria. The less we hear about this "it is our oil" crap, the better for Nigeria. They should adapt and be happy to not be Nigerian now. Now they can get better leadership, not free money. kiss kiss kiss

better leadership 4rm a Paul Biya dat mits wt hz cabinet once every 5yrs? Dude get ur facts right.
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by sashbaby(f): 7:22am On Sep 18, 2012
Nothing GOOD will eva come out from PARTY DESTROYING PEOPLE.
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by emma26(m): 7:25am On Sep 18, 2012
The then Cabals under OBJ's tenure did a Crippy deal 4just a penny to sell out the penisula 2d cameroons...#Tribalist
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by Kaysalas(m): 7:26am On Sep 18, 2012
you mean: PEOPLE DESTROYING PARTY
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 18, 2012
Wat happened 2 prescription,laches & acquiescance?
Am beginin 2 key in2 d tale dat Obj gave away bakassi 2 please d western con3s 2 supot hz 3rd term bid.
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 18, 2012
Elueme: It is one thing to have evidence and another is how you present your facts... Nigeria has no reason losing that case at the ICJ.. Our legal team were either too complacent or misrepresented facts.. My interest in Bakassi goes beyond the huge oil deposit but Nigerians who have lived there since the days of their ancestors.. How do you explain that they are aliens in the land they have known and called theirs?
what do you expect from a failed judicial system? absolutely nothing!
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by Quincy37(m): 7:32am On Sep 18, 2012
2mch: Why are they shouting so much? Is it because their new country will not give them off shore free money? Abeg accept citizenship free Nigeria. The less we hear about this "it is our oil" crap, the better for Nigeria. They should adapt and be happy to not be Nigerian now. Now they can get better leadership, not free money. kiss kiss kiss
You are saying this because you are in Nigeria, we will send you to bakassi then I will see what you will say slowpoke! Your father will reject you too!
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by sashbaby(f): 7:41am On Sep 18, 2012
@ kaysalas don't misquote me. PDP as an entity is busy destroying what's left of Nigeria.
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by LEvuls(m): 7:46am On Sep 18, 2012
This ppl re sicki
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by condralbede(m): 7:53am On Sep 18, 2012
Yawning......stil smiling in efik!
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by sashbaby(f): 7:57am On Sep 18, 2012
How can people destroy a party...which itself is destructive right from inception
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by onila(f): 8:14am On Sep 18, 2012
dont mind them drunkard, thief, theif cameroonians angry

Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by Toktee(m): 8:16am On Sep 18, 2012
Let nigerian army reoccuppy the penisula so that bakassi people will have a home again,let heaven fall that is the only solution
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by Ozonna(m): 8:23am On Sep 18, 2012
With the pressure being heaped on GEJ by Nigerians concerning Bakassi, I want to believe that we'll go on appeal soon.
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by kcsider: 8:26am On Sep 18, 2012
Frank-C:
As if we don't really know the Bakassi story...

Abeg ...... Upload d story. I may have lost it
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 8:32am On Sep 18, 2012
some pipo don dey plan open office for our head again?
Which one be fresh facts again for 1811 matter?
Any one with d facts should furnish us with d exact amount used in loosing d case d last time. So that we can infer d real motive behind this new seeming FRAUDLENT attempt to siphon another legal FEE for another DEAD ON DELIVERY CASE.
For all i care, they can hire ARCHIOLOGISTs sef to dig out more FALACIES to aid their sinister scheme.
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 18, 2012
Ozonna: With the pressure being heaped on GEJ by Nigerians concerning Bakassi, I want to believe that we'll go on appeal soon.

What are cross Riverians and those eminent Nigerian lawyers waiting for, ??
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by jude33084(m): 8:42am On Sep 18, 2012
pazienza:

So insensitive of you. Would you be saying the same thing if you were an efik?

Abeg remind τhe slowpoke Ť☺ go take his drugs cheesy cheesy
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by Americasman(m): 8:43am On Sep 18, 2012
hardbody:

We can overrun Cameroun and put a military base there. In this era, countries do not just fly into another sovereign territory and start fighting their wars, it could at most be done surreptitiously. At any rate, with what we have, we can hold the fort and if France chooses to join fray, who says we cannot persuade other countries to support us militarily? At most we give them a bit of our oil. America will be very willing to support that cause provided there is oil in the offing, and if Nigeria wants to make anything out of that land, they should explore the window now open or forever leave it to Cameroun. It is however a huge shame that again we have displayed embarrassing act of cowardice.

More room for corruption and oil theft.
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by jude33084(m): 8:47am On Sep 18, 2012
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:
some pipo don dey plan open office for our head again?
Which one be fresh facts again for 1811 matter?
Any one with d facts should furnish us with d exact amount used in loosing d case d last time. So that we can infer d real motive behind this new seeming FRAUDLENT attempt to siphon another legal FEE for another DEAD ON DELIVERY CASE.
For all i care, they can hire ARCHIOLOGISTs sef to dig out more FALACIES to aid their sinister scheme.

Read ΆŋԂ digest τhe writeup before comment.
Τhe Bakassi's case weren't handled well by τhe Nigerian Team. Τhe British govt was dissapointed about it then because they knew τhe truth.
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by mu2sa2: 8:47am On Sep 18, 2012
We lost Bakassi for 2 reasons: one, OBJ was misled by Bola Ajibola to file the case at ICJ; two, at that time OBJ was after perpetuating himself in office than anything else. Nigeria's legal team were more interested in collecting their outrageous fee from the federal govt; their presentation at d ICJ was porous. In d first place Nigeria shouldn't hav taken d case to ICJ. Nationalists like d late Dr Bala Usman argued in vain that nigeria should keep Bakassi, even if by force as eg Britain with Falklands - but their views were replied with insult from OBJ ("Do you know what war is?"."I am not prepared to fight a war over Bakassi"wink. Now Nigeria is regretting abandoning d tough line Buhari regime maintained over Bakassi. Even with d judgement we should not hav ceded Bakassi to Cameroun; afterall Ethiopia is refusing to hand over a disputed border area to Eritrea, even though d ICJ ruled over 10 years ago that the region belonged to Eritrea. D interest of Nigerian citizens from Bakassi is paramount: Nigeria must retake Bakassi so that d people of Bakassi can return to their homeland and remian Nigerians.Cowardice wont take us anywhere - infact, d west would gloss over it and wont oppose us; our oil is precious to them than respecting the ICJ judgment. If FG does not take back Bakassi Nigeria should be ready for prolong violence from that axis.
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by Americasman(m): 8:47am On Sep 18, 2012
utumunta:

better leadership 4rm a Paul Biya dat mits wt hz cabinet once every 5yrs? Dude get ur facts right.

Ours that meet every week are we better off than them?
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by jude33084(m): 8:48am On Sep 18, 2012
jude33084:

Abeg remind τhe slowpoke Ť☺ go take his drugs cheesy cheesy

Ŧђɑ̤̥̈̊ηкs for τhe correction mr moderator wink
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by Naijalane: 9:00am On Sep 18, 2012
damola1: abeg, what do we need bakassi for.... even d one we've, what have we done with it?
i don't know my brother, why not leave this and focus on our future cos these might evade war
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by 2Mekus: 9:01am On Sep 18, 2012
The Nigerian government couldn't defend Bakassi because the same territory was ceded to Cameroun to spite Biafra during the civil war. It serves Nigeria right.
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by Abbycite(m): 9:13am On Sep 18, 2012
I only wish d whole of Borno State was ceded to Chad....I'll dance azonto from dawn to dusk...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fashola Inspects Construction Of Bodo-Bonny Road & Opobo Channel Bridge,Rivers(p / PDP Presents Ogun Governorship Flag To Adebutu / President Buhari And Abdelfattah el-Sisi Parley On Counter Terrorism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.