Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,776 members, 7,817,200 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria (20697 Views)

Amaechi Is Our Member, The Senate Belongs To APC Not PDP – Ndume / Court Papers Reveal That The NIC Never Reinstated Sacked Rivers Chairmen / ASARI DOKUBO: Take What Belongs To Me & Rule Me? No! (Must-See) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by Orblonde: 9:14am On Sep 18, 2012
The same man that fought biafra to 'keep nigeria one' was happy to let bakassi go. Hmmmmmmmm, I beg, don't start this wahala with out close neigbours over this as we have millions of our people in that country who will be victims of anger of which our government will do nothing about
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by Nuzo1(m): 9:19am On Sep 18, 2012
shymexx: Bakassi is gone, focus on what we've got... Nigeria should NEVER have gone/honoured ICJ in the first place... We're a big country and we had no business going to the ICJ when we knew the French have special interests in Cameroun/Francophone Africa...

We need to modernise our military and dare the French(notorious cowards) - seceding a part of your Country to a smaller country is cowardice... We're a cowardly nation and we need to let it go...

To be honest, no matter how many 'fresh facts' are revealed, Bakassi belongs to Cameroun - and we can't win at the ICJ... Appeal and militarise the place, or let it go.. undecided

PS: France can't hurt a fly, that's the easiest Western country to defeat in a war...
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by KakiP(m): 9:22am On Sep 18, 2012
My Own Fact: Bakassi sounds Nigerian. cheesy
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:40am On Sep 18, 2012
From the minute you have renowned academicians like Prof Soyinka saying on Bakassi: "people must decide where to belong." U sense the game may be up for Cameroon, as Nigeria now prepares to establish itself as the regional power base and the giant of Africa.

France should know better than to get in our bad books while we deal with Cameroon.
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 18, 2012
Now I know that the saying "I you really want a thing, you'll a find a way". Is true. 3wks remaining ooo, make you guys put more effort.
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by psalmizt(m): 9:44am On Sep 18, 2012
ismhab: Too late to cry when the head is cut off.

Wrong bro, the head isn't off yet... There is a 10-year window for countries to object or raise counter arguments against the judgement of the ICJ... That is the real reason behind the whole BAKASSI BROUHAHA now.. All Nigeria needs to do now is to ensure they re-present the case before October 10 deadline... Are we not inching closer to that now angry angry angry angry...

GEJ do the most honourable thing.... I ready to goto war against the Cameroons if it warrants it grin grin grin
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by naptu2: 9:54am On Sep 18, 2012
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by SkySpirit(m): 9:56am On Sep 18, 2012
Bakassi is gone for good, Gowon knows what he did with it!
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by psalmizt(m): 9:56am On Sep 18, 2012
mu2sa2: We lost Bakassi for 2 reasons: one, OBJ was misled by Bola Ajibola to file the case at ICJ; two, at that time OBJ was after perpetuating himself in office than anything else. Nigeria's legal team were more interested in collecting their outrageous fee from the federal govt; their presentation at d ICJ was porous. In d first place Nigeria shouldn't hav taken d case to ICJ. Nationalists like d late Dr Bala Usman argued in vain that nigeria should keep Bakassi, even if by force as eg Britain with Falklands - but their views were replied with insult from OBJ ("Do you know what war is?"."I am not prepared to fight a war over Bakassi"wink. Now Nigeria is regretting abandoning d tough line Buhari regime maintained over Bakassi. Even with d judgement we should not hav ceded Bakassi to Cameroun; afterall Ethiopia is refusing to hand over a disputed border area to Eritrea, even though d ICJ ruled over 10 years ago that the region belonged to Eritrea. D interest of Nigerian citizens from Bakassi is paramount: Nigeria must retake Bakassi so that d people of Bakassi can return to their homeland and remian Nigerians.Cowardice wont take us anywhere - infact, d west would gloss over it and wont oppose us; our oil is precious to them than respecting the ICJ judgment. If FG does not take back Bakassi Nigeria should be ready for prolong violence from that axis.

@Bolded, I think that is one of our strongest points in this whole brouhaha on BAKASSI, as in how on earth will Nigeria lose a piece of its land to CAMEL-ROO, angry angry angry angry angry Yet we are claiming and forming big broda... I think all those soldiers sitting in the barracks ought to move over there ASAP. World politics is never straight forward, we need to exercise our rights. We need to form a pressure group to make the presidency see reason with the rest of Nigeria. If war with CAMEL-ROO is the way, then let's go and level them up grin grin grin grin. Kai see as dem to rubbish us. Even if France join, the economic woes back home won't allow Hollande to commit scarce resource to some CAMEL-ROO...

On a lighter note, we need to piece this evidence together and launch a legal battle at ICJ, I am sure there are Lawyers/SANs that will be willing to present the case without collecting a dime from the Nation's purse... Peace is always the more sure way though, War no be moin-moin and Akara oooooo
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by psalmizt(m): 9:57am On Sep 18, 2012
mu2sa2: We lost Bakassi for 2 reasons: one, OBJ was misled by Bola Ajibola to file the case at ICJ; two, at that time OBJ was after perpetuating himself in office than anything else. Nigeria's legal team were more interested in collecting their outrageous fee from the federal govt; their presentation at d ICJ was porous. In d first place Nigeria shouldn't hav taken d case to ICJ. Nationalists like d late Dr Bala Usman argued in vain that nigeria should keep Bakassi, even if by force as eg Britain with Falklands - but their views were replied with insult from OBJ ("Do you know what war is?"."I am not prepared to fight a war over Bakassi"wink. Now Nigeria is regretting abandoning d tough line Buhari regime maintained over Bakassi. Even with d judgement we should not hav ceded Bakassi to Cameroun; afterall Ethiopia is refusing to hand over a disputed border area to Eritrea, even though d ICJ ruled over 10 years ago that the region belonged to Eritrea. D interest of Nigerian citizens from Bakassi is paramount: Nigeria must retake Bakassi so that d people of Bakassi can return to their homeland and remian Nigerians.Cowardice wont take us anywhere - infact, d west would gloss over it and wont oppose us; our oil is precious to them than respecting the ICJ judgment. If FG does not take back Bakassi Nigeria should be ready for prolong violence from that axis.

@Bolded, I think that is one of our strongest points in this whole brouhaha on BAKASSI, as in how on earth will Nigeria lose a piece of its land to CAMEL-ROO, angry angry angry angry angry Yet we are claiming and forming big broda... I think all those soldiers sitting in the barracks ought to move over there ASAP. World politics is never straight forward, we need to exercise our rights. We need to form a pressure group to make the presidency see reason with the rest of Nigeria. If war with CAMEL-ROO is the way, then let's go and level them up grin grin grin grin. Kai see as dem to rubbish us. Even if France join, the economic woes back home won't allow Hollande to commit scarce resource to some CAMEL-ROO...

On a lighter note, we need to piece this evidence together and launch a legal battle at ICJ, I am sure there are Lawyers/SANs that will be willing to present the case without collecting a dime from the Nation's purse... Peace is always the more sure way though, War no be moin-moin and Akara oooooo
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by obataala(m): 9:57am On Sep 18, 2012
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by psalmizt(m): 9:59am On Sep 18, 2012

Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by harmony5(m): 10:07am On Sep 18, 2012
12 inches!:

Who ever told u the above story is a raving lunatic. It doesn't even make sense and for u to believe shows u're so credulous.
Dude, have you taken your drugs this morning, please do, You should be well by afternoon until then, I dont think I have your time now.
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by SmoothCrim: 10:13am On Sep 18, 2012
Only Ghanaian RULE can save Nigeria and Cameroon!
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by COOLDUN: 10:14am On Sep 18, 2012
OBJ, led federal government hastily gave out Bakasi to the Cameroun because of his selfish interest. To rule Nigeria till he dies. He was trying to please the UN and international community that he was a liberal and democrat. Secondly OBJ gave that land out because it is not situated at the South West axis. That was why he sent a very weak and non historians as the delegates to the world court in Hague. It baffles me a lot when Nigeria claim to be educated, upon 160 million educated people we couldn’t send a powerful delegates that could defeat the less populated Cameroonians. Big shame. I know that they sent the people that studied, Islamic religion, Zoology, Arabic studies, Theology, physical education, sports administration, instead of the people who are well qualified for the journey. Get that land back you bunch of confused things. Because very soon, Benin Republic will come and claim Lagos state, while Cameroon will increase their land marks by claiming Bayelsa, and Rivers states. Dummies in power.
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by naptu2: 10:25am On Sep 18, 2012
People keep mentioning OBJ and Gowon, but the truth is that our big mistake actually occurred during Abacha's rule.

We should not have accepted the ICJ's jurisdiction! The lawyers told Abacha that we could win the case because the Maroua treaty was not ratified. Some even said we had an advantage because Bola Ajibola was a member of the ICJ. This was our big mistake. There are many cases in which countries refused to accept ICJ jurisdiction and nothing happened to them. If we hadn't accepted ICJ jurisdiction, Bakassi would still be part of Nigeria.

OBJ had to accept the decision because the US, UK and UN put pressure on both Biya and OBJ to declare that they would accept the ICJ's verdict no matter what the verdict was.

The Maroua Treaty between Gowon and Ahidjo was never ratified by the SMC, therefore, Nigeria is not bound by it.
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by ajutant(m): 10:34am On Sep 18, 2012
Cameroon provided evidence of sale of bakassi frm Nigeria to ICJ. Niaja sold bakassi to cameroon during biafra war.
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by klax(m): 10:35am On Sep 18, 2012
What a nonsense is this? HOW CAN SOMEONE BE SAYING A "NEW FACT" EMERGE THAT BAKASI BELONG TO NIGERIA. Whst is a new fact in this? BAKASI IS NIGERIA PERIOD! The word "A NEW FACT" is an upseting word, Bakasi belong to Nigeria as a matter of fact Bakasi is Nigeria it was Obj that sold this land out of his silliness to the Cameroun and came out to tell us it was one Nonsense World Court decision I will be the last man standing to buy that craps.

I'm not talking about oil issue that is not my problem but my problem is the land Bakasi was sold out to a foreign land which is wrong in absolute. To be honest if I happen to be the president of this country even in 50 years time I will do all things possible by force by fire to reclaim that land back because it was wrongly sold out through "shady deals".

The Bakasi people are being maltreated and force by camerounian to do thing agaisnt their wishes just because of Obj foolishness thereby making our own people a victim in foreign land to extent that the a s s hole boloks Cameroun calling Bakasi people "Camorun Slaves" this statement always tore me apart and burn my heart like a fire, its so sadden and annoying.
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 18, 2012
*****whistling****
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by Orblonde: 10:59am On Sep 18, 2012
Please let us not start to insult the people of Cameroon for our bad leadership. No nation would turn down the chance to own a profitable area of land. It is for our representatives to reflect our interest and not their pockets or egos. Cameroon people or their govt had done us no wrong and so we should not shamelessly start fighting over colonial boundaries that devide people that are brothers. A lot of cameroon peopls have also got similar blood and culture with the people of the SS so don't let colonials sit back, puffing their pipes and watch us fight each other like idiots over a 'line the drew in the jungle'
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by arsenal1(m): 11:06am On Sep 18, 2012
I want to write the presidency. Anyone with a valid electronic mailing address?
shymexx:

And you think the French have the guts to nuke Nigeria? - do you have a brain? undecided

Nl posters are clowns! So, the French will nuke Nigeria for fighting Cameroun?? You're reta.rded!!!
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by Pain(m): 11:09am On Sep 18, 2012
Invasion Bakassi - Coming Soon.
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by touchmehard: 11:25am On Sep 18, 2012
This is the reason ehy Nigeria should appeal the judgement, before 10 years finally elapses. Time is no longer on our side
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by viewerx: 11:26am On Sep 18, 2012
The question still beats me.Why was this evidence not tendered in court earlier? Or did we send incompetentpeople to represent us? I believe the case can be redeemed if we are sure of this fact.Oya Nigerian leadership Do something fast before 10 years will enlapse so that we dont continue with our usual storey of blame for incompetence.
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by Beync(f): 11:32am On Sep 18, 2012
Why was the hon prof Ofonagoro, as a historian and a former minister of information not sent along with the nigerian lagel team with all these informations and documents of 1822 in his possession, which vested the ownership of bakassi peninsula to calabar chiefs by extention to nigeria? why the revelation now that the deed has been done?
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by stagger: 11:38am On Sep 18, 2012
There is no oil in Bakassi Peninsula landmass. The judgement of the ICJ gave the waters in the Tripartite continental shelf to Nigeria, and that is where the oil is. Why do you think the Nigerian government is not interested in pursuing the case?

We have the oil, Cameroun has the empty land mass. The ICJ judgement was about border readjustment between Nigeria and Cameroun, and the Bakassi Peninsula was only a part of it. A lot of land (and of course the oil-bearing waters) was given to Nigeria.

We need to be sure of the facts because 99% of the people posting here know NOTHING about the case. All Nigeria needs to do is to resettle the people displaced from the Bakassi landmass.
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by naptu2: 11:41am On Sep 18, 2012
viewerx: The question still beats me.Why was this evidence not tendered in court earlier? Or did we send incompetentpeople to represent us? I believe the case can be redeemed if we are sure of this fact.Oya Nigerian leadership Do something fast before 10 years will enlapse so that we dont continue with our usual storey of blame for incompetence.

1) The lawyers were more interested in their legal fees (that's why they advised Abacha to go to court).

2) The lawyers based our case on the treaty between Gowon and Ahidjo, which was not ratified (shoddy job). They were shocked when the Camerounians based their case on the 1913 Anglo-German treaty.

But basically, we should have called for a UN supervised referendum/plebiscite, rather than submitting to the jurisdiction of the ICJ.
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 18, 2012
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by stjudas(m): 12:12pm On Sep 18, 2012
This is really silly! Nigeria already sold bakassi to Cameroon to win the war against the Biafran soldiers. U cant have ur cake and eat it. 9ja shld kiss bakassi goodbye and get over it.
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by Duxe(f): 12:25pm On Sep 18, 2012
Some people's bank accounts became obessed when bakassi was given 2 cameroun...

U need 2 go 2 ikang and see what these people are passing through..becoming refugees in thier own country!!

Those of you running your mouth, if bakassi is regained, it is still you n your children(non indegenes who careless) that will benefit from the scammed up 'scholarships' sponsored by oil companies who exploit these people n thier lands!

I don't blame you guys...when you wake up in the morning,eat your yucky looking amala n algae coloured ewedu wt shit looking gbegri n diarrhoea inducing watery stew sweetened by MSG(ajino moto), how else would you reason well? Selfish sons of shit washing mamas!

Block me if you wish! I hate selfish people! Mme ekpo nkpo! Unamikot!
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by eyantotipe(m): 12:29pm On Sep 18, 2012
If this realy truth pls we need to act now or never,action speaker louder they say, for onces let use this internet opoturnity to make good impact in our dear country,not only sitting behind our computer,laptop and phone fighting tribal war,gossiping,critizing,fraudling name it..where are the nairalanders that believe Nigeria should remain one?somebody pls call the nairalanders computer expact,internet researcher,infomat it possible hackers to please get us information of this our so call law makers,their Facebook ID+Twitter ID+Email Address+Phone Nunbers let put this people on their toes!they are resuming today,twitt them,write them emails call their phone send them text comment of their Facebook that....THE 10YEARS WINDOW FOR THE APPEAL 2 TALKED ABOUT EXPIRE IN LESS THAN 3 WEEK...THEY SHOULD APPEAL BEFORE ITS TOO LATE,pls help search for information..tryin to search for the law maker representing ifako ijaiye constituency...anybody with info pls post.THANK
HNosegbe: The 10-year window for the appeal naptu2 talked about expires in less than 3 weeks. Instead of the goons in Aso Rock to take action NOW, they're busy munching cassava bread.

Pity.
Re: Facts Reveal That Bakassi Belongs To Nigeria by 2mch(m): 12:44pm On Sep 18, 2012
Duxe: Some people's bank accounts became obessed when bakassi was given 2 cameroun...

U need 2 go 2 ikang and see what these people are passing through..becoming refugees in thier own country!!

Those of you running your mouth, if bakassi is regained, it is still you n your children(non indegenes who careless) that will benefit from the scammed up 'scholarships' sponsored by oil companies who exploit these people n thier lands!

I don't blame you guys...when you wake up in the morning,eat your yucky looking amala n algae coloured ewedu wt shit looking gbegri n diarrhoea inducing watery stew sweetened by MSG(ajino moto), how else would you reason well? Selfish sons of shit washing mamas!

Block me if you wish! I hate selfish people! Mme ekpo nkpo! Unamikot!

I guess insulting Yoruba food is supposed to change the fact that you are now cameroonian. If you like speak pang kang shang and whatever. Embrace your new citizenship and go and rest. Nama. grin grin grin. In 3 weeks you will get a new passport. If you as a people know you are not Cameroonian, why in 10yrs did you not present your case to the international courts? You are still boasting about oil. Nigeria obviously doesn't need it, take your arrogant attitude to cameroon and see if you will not be wiped out. That is why you are so desperate because no country will play naija politics with you. Go to Cameroon and lodge your complaint about oil and scholarship.The Europeans divided the land long before you were ever thought of. Yoruba land sef was divided with boundary adjustment. So what is new? Which food you get sef? Dog meat? Na why you dey para like animal. Lice don chop your brain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

13 Billion: Jonathan, Emefiele, Magu, Others To Be Questioned By Panel. / Abiola: President Buhari Apologizes To Nigerians Over June 12, 1993 Election / Odumakin Will Soon Know He Has No Immunity Like Presidents – Sagay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.