Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs (11146 Views)

Banks Reduce Withdrawal Limits On Atms - Vanguard / How Many Will Be Able To Withdraw Money If Atms Did This (photo) / CBN Reintroduces N65 Charges On Cash Withdrawals On ‘other Banks’ Atms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by daywatcher: 3:12pm On Sep 17, 2012
as SLS said over the weekend; he's is the only institution that is doing something, whether good or bad
Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by onlineadejoh(m): 3:12pm On Sep 17, 2012
Absolute rubbish! Will the ATM also help me to carry the coin about wherever I go? Another wastage of the national treasury.
Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 17, 2012
Do we still use coins in Nigeria?
Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by Kayobama(m): 3:20pm On Sep 17, 2012
Themaingate: HONESTLY SPEAKING CBN HAS LOST DIRECTION IN TOTAL . WHY DIDNT THEY INTRODUCE IT BEFORE NOW ? IS IT BECAUSE NIGERIANS SAID NO TO THE 5000 ?

IF THEY ARE SINCERE ,THEN LET THEM MAKE 1 ,5 ,20 ,50 AND 100 NOTES AND THEN MAKE 200 ,500 ,1000 AND 5000 COINS AND SEE IF NIGERIA WILL NOT BE BETTER OFF WITHIN 6MONTHS

BOUNCE OF CRIMINALS

1 Like

Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 17, 2012
Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by zeal500: 3:21pm On Sep 17, 2012
i will simply suggest that CBN withdraws 1000notes from circulation
that they reduce greatly the number of 500naira note available
That the planned 5000notes implementation be scrapped
That the highest note in circulation be 200 or 100 naira note
then coin(s) on its own will automatically come into sales n use

Sanusi>>>>>simply wake up
Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by Ejine(m): 3:21pm On Sep 17, 2012
julimax: so if I want to withdraw N100,000 and all the machine can dispense is coins. Imagine withdrawing a Ghana must go of coins how do I carry it embarassed

Wheelbarrow makers go hammer for this new development, I promise you that.
Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by onyxo76(m): 3:21pm On Sep 17, 2012
ok.time to force these coins down our throat!!!
Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by Okijajuju1(m): 3:24pm On Sep 17, 2012
Imagine Paying my house rent of 1.5million Naira to my douchebag Landlord in Coins...

Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by ismhab(m): 3:25pm On Sep 17, 2012
Nice dream.

Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by misreal(m): 3:26pm On Sep 17, 2012
dirtymoney: Nice One. Next thinG shud be atm that dispense on Credit.
u be ole
Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by tpapi: 3:26pm On Sep 17, 2012
Dem sopos flog kpako 4 sanusi head make him com bac 2 his senses
Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by Olaone1: 3:27pm On Sep 17, 2012
undecided
Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 17, 2012
Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by ChrstiansKila(m): 3:28pm On Sep 17, 2012
Okija_juju: This dude just withdrew 20,000 Naira coins from the ATM..

bros, shey na you be dis? grin
Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by PrinceDudu(m): 3:29pm On Sep 17, 2012
Abeg, wetin dem dey use coins buy
Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by manny4life(m): 3:29pm On Sep 17, 2012
This is just PRICELESS.

Coins in it's general scheme of things is good, but the direction and approach which SLS is applying his decision is just faulty.

Like people have complained about faulty ATMs dispensing wrong amounts or not even dispensing at all, I just hope that ATM doesn't wrongfully dispense coins rather than bills, because whoever that customer is will have a wonderful day carry thousands of Naira worth of coins home..
Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by DisGuy: 3:31pm On Sep 17, 2012
ITbomb: Deposit accepting machine also the apex bank would soon facilitate the introduction of multi-functional ATMs. Fatokun said that such ATMs would also be able to accept deposits from customers and credit their accounts immediately.
High dreams

dunno about the first one, but this is whats done elsewhere, whats the point queining at the bank just to deposit cash?

GOOD ONE!!
Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by manny4life(m): 3:31pm On Sep 17, 2012
ooseven: The only way people can go back to using coins is if there are products priced at N5.95 or N0.65 for example. If the products are not priced that way, no one will ever use the Nigerian kobo.

Kobo can still be used, but CBN has to ease the introduction. Simply withdraw all the large bills in circulation, and have smaller one (most acceptable), the laws of economics will follow. When you have coins in circulation (lower coins of cos), not N20, people will be forced to evaluate their strategy.
Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by Dee60: 3:32pm On Sep 17, 2012
mkmyers45:

Didnt you read the op? Its an add-on feature

Ok. We await the 'add-on' feature. Someone is attempting to push the debate away from N5000 bill! Keep it up.
Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by stepo707: 3:32pm On Sep 17, 2012
Sanusi is getting dumber by the day wink
Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 17, 2012
Chrstians_Kila: bros, shey na you be dis? grin

Na him be that o. Him get courage to dey post his pics on nL sha
Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by elampiro(m): 3:34pm On Sep 17, 2012
Height of confusion. I am sure someone has been misquoted.
Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by 001solar(m): 3:36pm On Sep 17, 2012
Jglad: mehn..dis is gud news for students o.. We go dey collect N20 n N50 4 ATM. Lyf don beta,money go dey last nw grin grin
sanusi has rili misplaced his proirity..
. Life done beta b dat make I dey go collect N30 4 transport free b dat ooo and when dem go start am self
Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by ismhab(m): 3:36pm On Sep 17, 2012
Nigeria!!!

Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by ayox2003: 3:38pm On Sep 17, 2012
Themaingate: HONESTLY SPEAKING CBN HAS LOST DIRECTION IN TOTAL . WHY DIDNT THEY INTRODUCE IT BEFORE NOW ? IS IT BECAUSE NIGERIANS SAID NO TO THE 5000 ?

IF THEY ARE SINCERE ,THEN LET THEM MAKE 1 ,5 ,20 ,50 AND 100 NOTES AND THEN MAKE 200 ,500 ,1000 AND 5000 COINS AND SEE IF NIGERIA WILL NOT BE BETTER OFF WITHIN 6MONTHS

BOUNCE OF CRIMINALS

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ermmmm...it is BUNCH.

Frawzey
Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by gees02(m): 3:40pm On Sep 17, 2012
mkmyers45:

Yes, it is by force...Coin culture is highly beneficial to the strength of a currency

coin culture my an*s, if we were talking bout 50k n N1, i'll undastand, which developed country has d 5, 10, n 20 denomination of their currency in coins angry
mkmyers45:

Yes, it is by force...Coin culture is highly beneficial to the strength of a currency

coin culture my an*s, if we were talking bout 50k n N1, i'll undastand, which developed country has d 5, 10, n 20 denomination of their currency in coins
Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by 001solar(m): 3:41pm On Sep 17, 2012
nice one bro, love dat. grin
nice one bro, love dat.
Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by shegsrules(m): 3:44pm On Sep 17, 2012
Dat guy sanusi apart 4rm being an extremist his lost it all.
Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by Ournaija: 3:45pm On Sep 17, 2012
mkmyers45:

Didnt you read the op? Its an add-on feature

There is nothing like that on the ATMs. The technology for dispensing coins is a bit different from that of notes dispense. It will require both software and hardware compatibility to achieve that. If he claims that such add-on exist let him tell us which brand of ATM has that. I hope you use ATMs, go near them and tell me where the coins will come out. You need a coins dispensing ATM to dispense coins. Though some ATMs come with both coins and notes dispensing module but they are not in Naija except in one or two banks for test purposes.

This man is gradually killing the banks for his inconsistencies.
Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by 2mch(m): 3:45pm On Sep 17, 2012
So this government officials can honestly read what genius proposals Sanusi comes up with everyday, and understand it? It really shows that a lot of these people in government bought their degrees. This is disgusting logic. embarassed. Is someone setting sanusi up with all these illiterate advise? It sounds like a policy fit for a buka joint. This is truly ridiculous.
Re: CBN To Introduce Coin Dispensing ATMs by Afam4eva(m): 3:49pm On Sep 17, 2012
2mch: So this government officials can honestly read what genius proposals Sanusi comes up with everyday, and understand it? It really shows that a lot of these people in government bought their degrees. This is disgusting logic. embarassed. Is someone setting sanusi up with all these illiterate advise? It sounds like a policy fit for a buka joint. This is truly ridiculous.
I agree with you but saying that these people bought their degrees is an insult. Let's be guided about what we say and the way we dish them out cos we don't know who's watching.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wapi Pay Fighting Scandal: The Full Story / YouWIN Final Awardees/Winners Announced / Naira Appreciates After DSS And EFCC Raid Traders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.