Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,694 members, 7,823,953 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? (14137 Views)

Can A Guy and a lady be "Just Friends"? / Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? / My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by Mudley313: 3:34am On May 20, 2010
men and women can be just friends but boundaries need to be established in the friendship

99% of men, if given the opportunity will bleep their female friends, whether they're bold enough to show their intentions or not. guys only become friends wit females due to some form of attraction, or why do u think pretty girls on facebook get so many "friends" request? most girls come into these situations with genuine intentions of being just friends (i'll explain dat later) but 99% of men would wanna see u naked. some may be too shy to ever attempt to express such intentions, so the girl thinks otherwise. lets take an example, if a guy friend walk in on u naked, most girls who thot they were just no-strings-attached friends would scream rape, but 99.9% of guys would bleep their female friends if she walks in on them naked.

most girls excuse of having mostly boys as friends is cos guys are more understanding n wit less drama, but the truth is ur girls are ur real friends thats why they can tell it like it is n thus cause friction n stuff from keeping it real, but ur guy friend always plays the nice understanding guy cos of what is seated deep inside their mind. some of these girls tho are just attention whores who feed off attention from the opposite sex cos of low self esteem
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by neneo(m): 9:25am On Jun 25, 2010
It is very possible, but sometimes it end up in something else, i have a friend whose fiancee used to be his best friend, they both had issues in their respective relationships, and today they r lovers, affection starts when you see some1 u care 4 goin thru difficult times in their relationship, offering a shoulder 2 lean on sometimes lead to somefin else, but it's easier if the 2 pple involved have relationships that's working,
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by buccaneer7(m): 12:19pm On Jun 25, 2010
I never eat since morning so i nor fit think well for now when i cock my beans finish i go talk my veiw, grin
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by femmy2010(m): 12:26pm On Jun 25, 2010
Very very possible and most of my very good friends are Females and i feel much more comfortable with them.
Hope that does not make me a WOMAN WRAPPER ooooo?
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by treasureboy09(m): 4:02pm On Nov 27, 2012
Omolola1: yes it is very possible but then some mutual feelings arise at times wink

Yeah you are right but you can still fight it out, one must not sex all opposite sex now you can just have some as pals.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by AuwalMKargo(m): 9:02am On Jan 18, 2013
efuah: I totally disagree with you! Why? Because it's common, it's about time we erase that perception or stereotyped idea off our brains. I have a lot of male friends, cus am attracted to great brains (intellectuals), i learn something good from such people.  Besides life is not only about sex / romance, there's a lot to it that just that!  Once you respect yourself, principled, set of rules for ya life, u know when to do this n with whom u do it. . . not all opposits attract!  I'ts amazing that most men find it difficult to bliv that a woman can't have a male friend and by all means! there must b something going on btn then. . . that's merda!!  I call that "shallow thinking". . . we need to grow up for once!  I don't give a hoot if u call me a flirt for relating wt guys (intellectuals at that).  If my partner trusts me, your mistrust na mess, so leave it where it belong, garbage! grin
I totally agree with ya, cus right now I'm together with my best female friend, we slept d same bed head to legs, nothing happen.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by acaolly1(m): 3:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
Story... its either u are an impotent or suffering from something, cos a complete man will not sleep with a woman and nothing happens.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by smartg(m): 1:27pm On Apr 15, 2013
papine: smiley IS THERE ANYTHING ''LIKE JUST FRIENDS'' ?
LET ME REMIND YOU HERE THAT '' JUST FRIENDS'' MEANS
[b]1 cry NO SEX
2 cryNO PASSION FOR EACH ORDER
3 cryNO LUST
4 cryNO SECRET DREAMS AND DESIRES shocked[/b]FROM MY OWN POINT OF VIEW, IT IS VERY DIFFICULT FOR A MAN AND A WOMAN TO BE JUST FRIENDS, PARTICULARLY IF THEY WERE ONCE LOVERS
OR WHAT DO YOU THINK. wink

''just a friend'' also means
:not spending for her and not demanding from him as if he's ur boyfriend or husband.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by lilpervert(m): 7:57pm On Apr 15, 2013
I have either had feelings for a female friend or they've had for me. Only one person has managed to control theirs around me and we're really great friends. So yes, it's possible but rare
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by chrisley024(m): 1:32pm On Oct 17, 2013
Ofcos true! I can even sleep wit some gals on same bed n notin will hapen.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by zeb04(f): 5:33pm On Oct 17, 2013
Yeh I tink 2 pple can b frnds wit notin attachd bt 4 sm no matter hw much u try d feelins wil just com out of d blues. I had dis guy who wantd 2 b my frnd,I was hapy cz I neva had a male frnd so I jst left him at d frnd zone bt I guess he srtd developin feelins 4 me nd he strtd 2 hug me tight wen we say good bye,he wld peck me close 2 my mouth,he wld look into my eyes wen we talkin nd smtyms jst lick his lips. Oh he knew hw 2 giv really great tight hugs u knw,he didn't jst ask me out, he slowly made me want him smtyms we laff so hard he jst carry up lik a baby nd turn me arnd in his arms,I strtd 2 burn slowly 4 him nd finally he askd me out simply afta layin al dis ground works nd nw we r datin. Hehehe sorry 4 dreamin 2 long on d internet
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by segello58(m): 6:14pm On Oct 17, 2013
Yeah it's crazy to be too much close.
I use to have this friend some years back, I liked her so much, i use use to see her like my younger sister never had any lover but we both enjoyed the company of each other

She hides nothing for me, even if she gets a new toaster she will tell me. She doesn't mind dressing up in my present. So I thought she was trying to get my attention until I tried her.

Not only did she turned me down, she was also scared and cautious of me. after so many apologies we became close friends again and she still began to confide in me, by telling me how she was dis fflower by the guy we meet together some months back so annoying.

When we go out I pay the bills, I understand that she likes me soo much somehow but to me its like a maga level.

I have been avoiding her because to me what benefits could I possibly gains most expecially when my new girlfriend is thinking that we are having an affair.
Re: Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? by cheezypeachy(f): 6:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
I'm actually in need of an intelligent male friend which I know is possible.. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do You Believe Pastors Prediction On Life Partners / / / How Do You Tell A Girl Its Over Without Hurting Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.