Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Do You Consider Somalis As Black? - Culture (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Consider Somalis As Black? (136184 Views)

Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior / Half Somalis (pictures) / Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 14, 2013
That's an interesting bit of history, Yousuf. My mother is Xawaadle. One of the most terrible things about the instability is not being able to meet and know all family members. I havent had the pleasure of meeting some from my mother's end. Everyone is scattered about. I would love to be able to hop back and forth between Djib. and a tranquil Som. in peace.

Never met any Ogadenis before. Not many Somalis in my area at all so I don't get the chance to attend many weddings at all. I've been to a Habesh wedding be4 lol
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 14, 2013
I know how that feels, I only know a handful of my paternal relatives, they are all scattered around the world like your family. It would have been a lot easier if they had stayed in Galkacyo lol.
Xawaadle people live in Hiiraan. Take a trip to Beledweyn one day, then shout - Ya Xawaadle ah!? grin

Habesha dance in a funny way, they only move their heads and shoulders. They have some pretty girls too.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 9:36pm On Oct 14, 2013
yousuf12: I know how that feels, I only know a handful of my paternal relatives, they are all scattered around the world like your family. It would have been a lot easier if they had stayed in Galkacyo lol.
Xawaadle people live in Hiiraan. Take a trip to Beledweyn one day, then shout - Ya Xawaadle ah!? grin

Habesha dance in a funny way, they only move their heads and shoulders. They have some pretty girls too.

They should have taken advantage of this if Ethiopia wanted to beat Nigeria in the match yesterday for the World Cup qualifier grin
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 14, 2013
Fulaman198:

They should have taken advantage of this if Ethiopia wanted to beat Nigeria in the match yesterday for the World Cup qualifier grin

Lol they should have. If it was up to me I would have sat the most beautiful ones on the bottom seats just behind the goals haha
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 14, 2013
yousuf12: I know how that feels, I only know a handful of my paternal relatives, they are all scattered around the world like your family. It would have been a lot easier if they had stayed in Galkacyo lol.

LOL @ Ya Xawaadle ah?! My mother's family used to live in Mog. I don't think it was Beledweyne but Im pretty sure it's somewhere in Hiiraan.

I actually rather like the Habesha dance. It's interesting to watch. Sometimes I think it's somewhat similar to a well done professional baraanbur, which also involves a lot of shoulder action, only they stay put in one place during their dance (not circling around as in baraanbur) and also tend keep upright. Oh and the head action!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sVgaulfDtA&list=PL7DB8E88F4DAD8AB6

Go guy! lol

I have many Habesha girlfriends, I've known them since grade school. Pretty is right.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 14, 2013
* I don't think it was Beledweyne she was from originally, but definitely somewhere in Hiiraan.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 9:53pm On Oct 14, 2013
yousuf12:

Lol they should have. If it was up to me I would have sat the most beautiful ones on the bottom seats just behind the goals haha

Nigeria would have definitely lost if they would have sent their most beautiful ones to the Nigerian football players their game would have been way off lol
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 14, 2013
@Enlightenedsoul I assumed she was from Beledweyne because that's Xawaadle HQ.

That song was beautiful! Was that song Amharic or Tigray? I don't know the difference between them, appearance and language wise. In fact I can only tell apart Somalis and Northern Ethios because Ethios got round eyes while Somalis usually got small and somewhat chinky eyes.

@Fulaman it would have been exciting to finally see an East African country competing in something other than a long distance race but don't worry we will have our revenge grin

Btw Eid Mubarak you two, I hope you have a wonderful eid inshallah smiley
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Ajuran: 10:54pm On Oct 14, 2013
EnlightenedSoul: I couldn't care less what Qabil you're from.

Captain Phillips and Westgate are nothing to brag about. Your views/attitude is troubling, are you some kid? Ma tageyrta alshabaab iyo mooriyaanta badweyn?

maya, i love america, naa amuus, lol

god bless america

land that i love

stand beside her

and guide her

...... smiley
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 14, 2013
@Yousuf: That was Amharic. Tigray is spoken mostly in Eritrea and Northern Ethiopia (border to Eritrea). I can most always tell the difference between an Amharic speaker and a Tigray Eritrean speaker. I'm not sure how to explain how, but I've been around them a lot.

As for Somalis and Habesha, I think there a few distinct differences although the lines can sometimes blur and it's possible for even a native of these groups to mistake one for the other. I've been mistaken for Habesha before. You're right about the eyes, ours tend to be more almond shaped and theirs more round (?), I don't know there's a distinct shape they have. Some of us have very chinky eyes, my sister is sometimes teased by my family members and called indayar (chinese) but it works for her.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 11:23pm On Oct 14, 2013
yousuf12: @Enlightenedsoul I assumed she was from Beledweyne because that's Xawaadle HQ.

That song was beautiful! Was that song Amharic or Tigray? I don't know the difference between them, appearance and language wise. In fact I can only tell apart Somalis and Northern Ethios because Ethios got round eyes while Somalis usually got small and somewhat chinky eyes.

@Fulaman it would have been exciting to finally see an East African country competing in something other than a long distance race but don't worry we will have our revenge grin

Btw Eid Mubarak you two, I hope you have a wonderful eid inshallah smiley

Lol best of luck, you guys will continue to win long distance running though
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Ajuran: 5:01am On Oct 15, 2013
englightened, how is djibouti, i want to visit little somalia one day.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 15, 2013
Ajuran: englightened, how is djibouti, i want to visit little somalia one day.

Plz, you're killing me...
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Ajuran: 9:15pm On Oct 15, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Plz, you're killing me...

your cutting my leggs off; waaa ii luug gaaysay.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 16, 2013
Ajuran:

your cutting my leggs off; waaa ii luug gaaysay.

Today would be a good day for you to turn over a new leaf, yes? Im guessing you're far too old to be this foolish. Good luck.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Ajuran: 4:36am On Oct 16, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Today would be a good day for you to turn over a new leaf, yes? Im guessing you're far to old to be this foolish. Good luck.

adiga, xoogha waxaan uma laynayaa iin aa tahaay qaac.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 5:33am On Oct 16, 2013
Ajuran:

adiga, xoogha waxaan uma laynayaa iin aa tahaay qaac.

Maybe. It depends on the meaning of "qaac"?
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Ajuran: 6:17am On Oct 16, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Maybe. It depends on the meaning of "qaac"?

qaac= crazy
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Adamskuty(m): 6:19am On Oct 16, 2013
loool! Una dey play somali love? grin
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 6:26am On Oct 16, 2013
Ajuran:

qaac= crazy

How so?
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 6:28am On Oct 16, 2013
Adamskuty: loool! Una dey play somali love? grin

Where the hell u get that idea undecided
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Ajuran: 6:31am On Oct 16, 2013
Adamskuty: loool! Una dey play somali love? grin

why are you in this conversation.

EnlightenedSoul:

How so?

eego nayaa.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 16, 2013
What is eego, and What gives you right to call me naaya?
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Adamskuty(m): 6:35am On Oct 16, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Where the hell u get that idea undecided
from the way u two are going grin
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Adamskuty(m): 6:35am On Oct 16, 2013
Ajuran:

why are you in this conversation.

eego nayaa.
oleo peripea?
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Ajuran: 6:36am On Oct 16, 2013
EnlightenedSoul: What is eego, and What gives you right to call me naaya?

waryaa and nayaa are not caay.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 16, 2013
Yes it is disrespectful coming from a man and complete stranger no less. You know this
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 16, 2013
Adamskuty: from the way u two are going grin

? Idk where u get that idea..nothing is "going"
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Ajuran: 6:42am On Oct 16, 2013
EnlightenedSoul: Yes it is disrespectful coming from a man and complete stranger no less. You know this

what if you call me waryaa is that disrespectful?

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67)

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage / Post your photos of Igbo village houses here / How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.