Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,565 members, 7,958,751 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:25 PM

Do You Consider Somalis As Black? - Culture (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Consider Somalis As Black? (138246 Views)

Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans Are Superior / Half Somalis (pictures) / Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 12:19am On Oct 14, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Lol, I would agree I like the traditional sounds better. But I think it's inevitable to become influenced by the outside world, especially if you live outside your own country. In most cases, traditional music is kept well alive back home.

I like the following artist because of his ability to keep traditional and be innovative at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDdw3KI1W2Y

Here he is again with the living Somali legend, Hudeidi. This has a more traditional instruments/sounds to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxbh6a3o8bA

Here's a concert back in Djibouti. Performing is the great Ahmad Naaji. This is traditional to the max! You might enjoy this. smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21kCyR1LFfc

The problem is that not all Nigerians are going out of the country to copy American-like music, it is taking over our traditional music in large strides. Everyone thinks I'm weird because I'm in my 20s and don't listen to that stuff.

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Ajuran: 12:40am On Oct 14, 2013
EnlightenedSoul: ^^^ Mar hore man ma ogid? Get with the times bruv. Hmm, I think most Somalis consider Somali the ethnicity, and the 5 major classifications the tribes ( Cisse, Isaaq, Hawiye, Darood, Dir iyo Mirifle) and then of course each has its sub-tribes and it's sub sub-tribes. Somali as the tribe and Cisse as the clan makes it sound so much closer.

other countries have tribes like kenya. Somalis have clan. Clan means family, because we are all the same ethnicity. what do you think qabil means?

intaay saano baa jirta? Niin mahaysataa?

Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 1:31am On Oct 14, 2013
Fulaman198:

The problem is that not all Nigerians are going out of the country to copy American-like music, it is taking over our traditional music in large strides. Everyone thinks I'm weird because I'm in my 20s and don't listen to that stuff.

You mean you dont like First of all, Introduction and Oliver Oliver Oliver Twiiist? That's probably a good thing. shocked Shh, Don't tell anyone I said so.

Some of us have to prefer tradition or else it dies
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 1:39am On Oct 14, 2013
Ajuran:

other countries have tribes like kenya. Somalis have clan. Clan means family, because we are all the same ethnicity. what do you think qabil means?

intaay saano baa jirta? Niin mahaysataa?

Waraa this is not Nairaland Meets 1.0? Thanks for clarification even though it makes the fact that aa is necebnahay a bit sadder yeah
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Ajuran: 2:13am On Oct 14, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

Waraa this is not Nairaland Meets 1.0? Thanks for clarification even though it makes the fact that aa is necebnahay a bit sadder yeah

waan ku jeclahaay macaanto, gabar somali eh baatahaay.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 2:33am On Oct 14, 2013
--
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 2:35am On Oct 14, 2013
--
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Ajuran: 2:49am On Oct 14, 2013
*Kails*:
I am officially embarrassed. embarassed

lmao@ the old jamaican woman cursing him out grin grin

did you miss me?
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 2:52am On Oct 14, 2013
--
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 2:55am On Oct 14, 2013
--
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 4:15am On Oct 14, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

You mean you dont like First of all, Introduction and Oliver Oliver Oliver Twiiist? That's probably a good thing. shocked Shh, Don't tell anyone I said so.

Some of us have to prefer tradition or else it dies

100% true
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by TerryCarr(m): 9:20am On Oct 14, 2013
Nyumba: Yes, there is who makes commercial westernized music and who makes commercial traditional music,
like this man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwWfjPNHTKo
rwanda has nice music wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo-fSy4IWRs
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Adamskuty(m): 3:43pm On Oct 14, 2013
? undecided sad
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nyumba(m): 3:48pm On Oct 14, 2013

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 14, 2013
Adamskuty: ? undecided sad

lmao, what's with the long face and varied upset facial impressions.

@ Nyumba: Yes, the Rwandan music sounds nice, the people look gorgeous smiley
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 14, 2013
@Fulaman merci

@Enlightenedsoul for a lot Somalis it is more like this Muslim>Clan>Subclan>subclan>Somali>Nationality lool grin

I'm gonna call you habaryar from now on although my mother is a Dulbahanta. grin
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 14, 2013
I thought Dhulbahante were Somaliland and Somalia area, I don't think I've met a Dhulbahante in Djib, but outside it I've noticed consistent qurux along with the Xawaadle people. Nice people also!

I took religion out of the picture because I was talking purely about roots, but your right about the subclan before clan thing. It starts at home and gets more inclusive.

LOL@habaryar walaal. I'm not old enough to be your habaryar socially w/o really being your habayar :-)
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Adamskuty(m): 5:27pm On Oct 14, 2013
EnlightenedSoul:

lmao, what's with the long face and varied upset facial impressions.

@ Nyumba: Yes, the Rwandan music sounds nice, the people look gorgeous smiley
i got a terrible feeling sad
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Ajuran: 7:17pm On Oct 14, 2013
EnlightenedSoul: I thought Dhulbahante were Somaliland and Somalia area, I don't think I've met a Dhulbahante in Djib, but outside it I've noticed consistent qurux along with the Xawaadle people. Nice people also!

I took religion out of the picture because I was talking purely about roots, but your right about the subclan before clan thing. It starts at home and gets more inclusive.

LOL@habaryar walaal. I'm not old enough to be your habaryar socially w/o really being your habayar :-)

can you be my habarya with benefits? Darod baan ahaay by the way, since everyone is repping their qabil.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Ajuran: 7:18pm On Oct 14, 2013
Adamskuty: i got a terrible feeling sad

lol, what kind of a feeling my negroid friend. Do you smell death because their are so many somalis here?

I promise we are not here to conquer or subjugate.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 7:29pm On Oct 14, 2013
Ajuran:

can you be my habarya with benefits? Darod baan ahaay by the way, since everyone is repping their qabil.

I have a bad feeling you are asking her about something inappropriate.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 7:30pm On Oct 14, 2013
Ajuran:

lol, what kind of a feeling my negroid friend. Do you smell death because their are so many somalis here?

I promise we are not here to conquer or subjugate.

There are 3 Somalis here.....
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Ajuran: 7:38pm On Oct 14, 2013
Fulaman198:

There are 3 Somalis here.....

yousuf, me and enlightened soul. Does this scare you? 3 is alot since we are somalis, somalis in small number can do alot of damage. Remember the waste gate operation. Only 4 Somali guys. Remember when the Somali coast guard kept the usa at bay and took captain phillips, it was only 4 somali men. most of them young.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Fulaman198(m): 7:53pm On Oct 14, 2013
Ajuran:

yousuf, me and enlightened soul. Does this scare you? 3 is alot since we are somalis, somalis in small number can do alot of damage. Remember the waste gate operation. Only 4 Somali guys. Remember when the Somali coast guard kept the usa at bay and took captain phillips, it was only 4 somali men. most of them young.

The other Somalis seem very cool, I think you are by yourself

1 Like

Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Ajuran: 8:02pm On Oct 14, 2013
Fulaman198:

The other Somalis seem very cool, I think you are by yourself

enlightened soul already says she sees her self as somali, and not black unlike what you guys wanted to believe.

And its only a matter of time, before she will stand up to you guys and show how she feels about you guys.

Its embededd in somali culture my dear fula.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 14, 2013
Ajuran:

You realize how disgusting that sounds right. lipsrsealed Stop embarrassing yourself.
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 14, 2013
I couldn't care less what Qabil you're from.

Captain Phillips and Westgate are nothing to brag about. Your views/attitude is troubling, are you some kid? Ma tageyrta alshabaab iyo mooriyaanta badweyn?
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 14, 2013
Lmao @ habaryar with benefits that sounds disgusting wallah.

@Enlightenedsoul there are a few Dulbahanta in djib, most of them like my mother are of the Daaljira subclan. They are a small minority there, my mother told me her grandad had to flee Somaliland because they were part of the Dervishes and when their forts were bombed the remainders of the Dervish warriors had to either stay and fight to the death, get executed by the British or make a move.

Dulbahanta, Xawadle and Ogaden girls are very beautiful... the ones I've seen were all gorgeous.

My cousin got married to an Ogaden man last year. I'm telling you the girls that were at the wedding left me in awe shocked shocked
Re: Do You Consider Somalis As Black? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 14, 2013
Ajuran:

You are Darod yet your username is Ajuran? Ok.
Stop embarrassing us and yourself nacas yahow

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67)

Post your photos of Igbo village houses here / How To Say "I Love You" In The Various Nigerian Languages / Teach Me Naija Slang Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.