Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone (17121 Views)

How To Use Less Mobile Data On Your Android Or Iphone / Applications On Your Phone That Does Amazing Things / How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by ambyzown(m): 7:40pm On Oct 09, 2012
sun_temi: you can't end up with an expensive iPod Touch upgrading a factory unlocked iPhone . And with jailbreak, I can do all that u mentioned above.

Most of the stuffs written here are incorrect. You guys don't need to lie to prove your point.

Note the bolded. Any iphone short of a factory unlocked one will be bricked if jailbroken and updated. U told me so yourself when I wanted to unlock my iphone4 locked to AT&T remember? I ended up having to use a gevey sim to get it to work at all. I needed mobile hotspot and it wasn't enabled on certain iphone4 models and the only way out was jailbreak and install mywi5 at a cost of $19.99 I couldn't stand all that horsesheet so I sold it for N35k and bought a Blackberry curve 9380
If u can send an sms and receive a delivery report, do a screen capture on ur phone and post it here. No one is telling lies. I have used iOS and it is not for me. I am an Android guy.
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by ebukaeze00(m): 5:29pm On Oct 18, 2012
ambyzown: Here's one amazing thing I can do with an Android device that an iphone can't do....... I can send an sms and get a delivery report. Can your iphone do that? Someone mentioned earlier that with the help of jailbreaking u can get an iphone to transfer files using Bluetooth, but he forgot to mention that u dare not tryupdating ur phone afterwards or u'll end up with a very expensive iPod.
Truth be told, iPhone fans wish their iPhones could be as customizable and open as Samsung android phones, while us Android guys wish our Samsungs could be as solid looking as the iphone. Period.

dont be old in your thoughts .... theres a factory unlock for all iphones running on at&t ...its a factory unlock and would still remained unlocked even if your iphone gets upgraded
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by ebukaeze00(m): 5:32pm On Oct 18, 2012
ambyzown:

Note the bolded. Any iphone short of a factory unlocked one will be bricked if jailbroken and updated. U told me so yourself when I wanted to unlock my iphone4 locked to AT&T remember? I ended up having to use a gevey sim to get it to work at all. I needed mobile hotspot and it wasn't enabled on certain iphone4 models and the only way out was jailbreak and install mywi5 at a cost of $19.99 I couldn't stand all that horsesheet so I sold it for N35k and bought a Blackberry curve 9380
If u can send an sms and receive a delivery report, do a screen capture on ur phone and post it here. No one is telling lies. I have used iOS and it is not for me. I am an Android guy.

you are not an ios guy....only smart people use iOS ..if you wanna do a factory unlock for any iphone running on AT&T even if its the new iphone 5...why not holla at me and get it done for an affordable price

BB PIN - 290BBA54
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Overlord999(m): 4:15pm On Oct 19, 2012
djkaneo:

Nawa ooo.....I dunno 'bout d battery....but I bought a 32GB sandisk microsd for #4000...infact I bought 4 of those and shared em amongst my close pals....now my SGS2 has a total storage of 48GB.....still cheaper than a 16GB iPhone 4S.
Guy where did you get a 32gb micro sd for 4k
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Leopantro: 9:42am On Oct 20, 2012
in owerri,along Douglas road. the same 32gb i was to pay 8k for in computer village
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Overlord999(m): 10:08am On Oct 21, 2012
What class is it
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by djkaneo(m): 5:30am On Nov 19, 2012
Overlord999:
Guy where did you get a 32gb micro sd for 4k

at Saint Michael's road Aba.....a Class 6 SanDisk
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by walcolm(m): 12:24pm On Nov 19, 2012
ebukaeze00:

you are not an ios guy....only smart people use iOS ..if you wanna do a factory unlock for any iphone running on AT&T even if its the new iphone 5...why not holla at me and get it done for an affordable price

BB PIN - 290BBA54

ref the bold phrase in your post, you are most definitely wrong....iOS was designed with dummies in mind. anybody from a 5 year old to a 100+yr senile old person can use the iOS. its the android that was designed for and used mainly by smart people

sorry to burst your self made bubble cheesy
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by stave9ja(m): 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2012
all these iscrap guys posting inonsense about iphones

please Galaxy is made for humans while iphone is made for robots

reminds me of IROBOT if you remember the movie Crazy!!!!!
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by rainmaker12(m): 10:25am On Nov 20, 2012
i dont know 4 dis ipeople ooo grin
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by stave9ja(m): 4:01pm On Nov 21, 2012
Ibuy Iphone, Italk Inonsense, Iphone Imake Iblind, Icantseeagain

but wit SGS i can see clearly

1 Like

Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by stave9ja(m): 4:13pm On Nov 21, 2012
i got this from the internet

Quote, "may scratch or chip with use." With use, scratches are fine, people won't complain, but if it came out scratched from the box, well f**k you.
365 8 •Reply•Share ›

2punny aha • 2 months ago
Another "you're using it wrong" satement from Apple. Unbe-freaking-lievable at this time in the game.
169 7 •Reply•Share ›

Kenji Akizuki 2punny • 2 months ago
Maybe they are touching it wrong.. All of them touching it wrong smiley))))
146 6 •Reply•Share ›

RRPcfc248 Kenji Akizuki • 2 months ago
or may be they are not unboxing it the right way
157 3 •Reply•Share ›

joetheripper RRPcfc248 • 2 months ago
i am sure apple will release a guide teaching their fans how to scratch their iphones!
84 2 •Reply•Share ›

Guest joetheripper • 2 months ago
well they are scratched , has buffs , are chipped out of the box , and challenges if the users and scratch it better
24 2 •Reply•Share ›

RRPcfc248 Guest • 2 months ago
i guess its ment if the users can scratch it better
9 1 •Reply•Share ›

OmgItzOL RRPcfc248 • 2 months ago
Its a phone were you need to scratch it more, to make it prettier and better! That's the iPhone 5! Here for, to get your inner madness! *Scratch*
*Scratch*
*Scratch*
25 2 •Reply•Share ›

Jiju Paul OmgItzOL • 2 months ago
their new definition of mint condition is like polo - the mint with the hole or in this case dents!!
22 1 •Reply•Share ›

RRPcfc248 Jiju Paul • 2 months ago
good one mate
2 1 •Reply•Share ›

Rom OmgItzOL • 2 months ago
Man, you just killed me! XDDD
2 1 •Reply•Share ›

lolcat joetheripper • 2 months ago
I thought these scratches/chips are a feature of the new iphone =/?
11 1 •Reply•Share ›

iMan Kenji Akizuki • 2 months ago
iSh*t, iScreen, iAnd, iBack, iScratched, iCellular, iSignal, iLost, iTwo, iHundred, iDollars, iSpent, iOn, iThis, iSh*t

That's the latest on all the 'i' products that iDont-care-about smiley
13 1 •Reply•Share ›

Marko 2punny • 2 months ago
And how do you propose to solve this Aluminium scratching problem?
You can not even use plastic (polycarbonate) as it gets scratches as well and even if you apply color for it when molting it, it will get scratches and will get visible by dirt.

The problem is that few phones are scratched in factory before delivering to customer. Customers has rights to check product before paying it, that it is in perfect condition.

If you want aluminium whats scratch are harder to spot, then buy a silver one. But even then you get scratch to it very easily.
3 52 •Reply•Share ›

cnick Marko • 2 months ago
And if you order it online how can you check it in the store? Or the new Apple quality is so exclusivist that you can't even trus to order one but check it in the store instead?
28 •Reply•Share ›

xoj_21 Marko • 2 months ago
buy a another phone u mean.
14 1 •Reply•Share ›

blah Marko • 2 months ago
Polycarbonate scratches far less easily. If you take decent care you probably won't even scratch it.
8 •Reply•Share ›

joetheripper Marko • 2 months ago
i believe they should sell some ispray, to apply a silver clour over the scratch!
5 •Reply•Share ›

Varnett aha • 2 months ago
It is new iPhone look - like stone washed jeans. Itchy and scratchy phone...
97 3 •Reply•Share ›

DeepNara Varnett • 2 months ago
I dont mind a minor (minor) scratch out of the box just give me 100$ discount like Nokia did with Lumia 900 wifi bug.
then again asking Apple for discount is like asking judge Koh to favor Samsung.
94 3 •Reply•Share ›

hollydiver Varnett • 2 months ago
nice really ,the response from apple is careless
33 •Reply•Share ›

cnick hollydiver • 2 months ago
Apple care ... careless smiley)
25 •Reply•Share ›

cnick Varnett • 2 months ago
If you take a pair of jeans and wear it utill they become ratty it's called you have no taste/money. If you buy them already broken it's caled vintage. The new iPhone, the same thing.
23 2 •Reply•Share ›

FF aha • 2 months ago
Quote, "this is extramazininglutionary tech by apple so that u can etch ur name at tha back or u can draw precise maps(as aplle maps r crap)"
60 1 •Reply•Share ›

NicholasMicallef FF • 2 months ago
Apple's products encourage you to be creative, Google gives you good maps, what's interesting in that? Apple offers you crappy maps and easily scratchable back so you can try to etch better maps. If you fail, or you move out of the map and need more area, just buy a new back for you iPhone, which is now much harder to remove so the (now much stronger) screen can be easily removed.
10 •Reply•Share ›

Arber aha • 2 months ago
Well, it is true, with use it scratches,the fact is that the new iphone is so smart,that it starts using itself inside the box ;-)
34 1 •Reply•Share ›

Zushikikato Arber • 2 months ago
SIRI was testing it inside the box.. It tried following its Maps but got lost. Hence the scratches..
5 •Reply•Share ›

redboy8 aha • 2 months ago
it is what called i-scratch back covers, default design completely out of box .... if need more scratches u can customize .... even they provide how to scratch ur iphone back manual....
8 •Reply•Share ›

Eduardo Catublas aha • 2 months ago
and now apple has given us the freedom to customize... you can etch your name, image map... anything you want at the back plate cover of the new iPhone 5. thanks apple!
4 •Reply•Share ›

p-99 aha • 2 months ago −
Easy fix, just paint the same color over it....ha ha.
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Dlasdon(m): 10:53am On Nov 24, 2012
Lord_Reed:

Is that supposed to be an answer to my question?
No its meant to be an question to your answer. Mtcheeew
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by LordReed(m): 12:05pm On Nov 24, 2012
Dlasdon:
No its meant to be an question to your answer. Mtcheeew

You lack wit. Get some and come back maybe then you'd speak intelligently.
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by folahann(m): 1:39am On Feb 09, 2013
It's not the samsung on it, it is the android in it that makes it special.
Android Os beats iOS hands down.
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by sinade1(m): 10:44am On Feb 09, 2013
folahann: It's not the samsung on it, it is the android in it that makes it special.
Android Os beats iOS hands down.

Seek knowledge and u shall be free.

iLaff
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by chocckidd: 6:07pm On Feb 09, 2013
stave9ja: i got this from the internet

Quote, "may scratch or chip with use." With use, scratches are fine, people won't complain, but if it came out scratched from the box, well f**k you.
365 8 •Reply•Share ›

2punny aha • 2 months ago
Another "you're using it wrong" satement from Apple. Unbe-freaking-lievable at this time in the game.
169 7 •Reply•Share ›

Kenji Akizuki 2punny • 2 months ago
Maybe they are touching it wrong.. All of them touching it wrong smiley))))
146 6 •Reply•Share ›

RRPcfc248 Kenji Akizuki • 2 months ago
or may be they are not unboxing it the right way
157 3 •Reply•Share ›

joetheripper RRPcfc248 • 2 months ago
i am sure apple will release a guide teaching their fans how to scratch their iphones!
84 2 •Reply•Share ›

Guest joetheripper • 2 months ago
well they are scratched , has buffs , are chipped out of the box , and challenges if the users and scratch it better
24 2 •Reply•Share ›

RRPcfc248 Guest • 2 months ago
i guess its ment if the users can scratch it better
9 1 •Reply•Share ›

OmgItzOL RRPcfc248 • 2 months ago
Its a phone were you need to scratch it more, to make it prettier and better! That's the iPhone 5! Here for, to get your inner madness! *Scratch*
*Scratch*
*Scratch*
25 2 •Reply•Share ›

Jiju Paul OmgItzOL • 2 months ago
their new definition of mint condition is like polo - the mint with the hole or in this case dents!!
22 1 •Reply•Share ›

RRPcfc248 Jiju Paul • 2 months ago
good one mate
2 1 •Reply•Share ›

Rom OmgItzOL • 2 months ago
Man, you just killed me! XDDD
2 1 •Reply•Share ›

lolcat joetheripper • 2 months ago
I thought these scratches/chips are a feature of the new iphone =/?
11 1 •Reply•Share ›

iMan Kenji Akizuki • 2 months ago
iSh*t, iScreen, iAnd, iBack, iScratched, iCellular, iSignal, iLost, iTwo, iHundred, iDollars, iSpent, iOn, iThis, iSh*t

That's the latest on all the 'i' products that iDont-care-about smiley
13 1 •Reply•Share ›

Marko 2punny • 2 months ago
And how do you propose to solve this Aluminium scratching problem?
You can not even use plastic (polycarbonate) as it gets scratches as well and even if you apply color for it when molting it, it will get scratches and will get visible by dirt.

The problem is that few phones are scratched in factory before delivering to customer. Customers has rights to check product before paying it, that it is in perfect condition.

If you want aluminium whats scratch are harder to spot, then buy a silver one. But even then you get scratch to it very easily.
3 52 •Reply•Share ›

cnick Marko • 2 months ago
And if you order it online how can you check it in the store? Or the new Apple quality is so exclusivist that you can't even trus to order one but check it in the store instead?
28 •Reply•Share ›

xoj_21 Marko • 2 months ago
buy a another phone u mean.
14 1 •Reply•Share ›

blah Marko • 2 months ago
Polycarbonate scratches far less easily. If you take decent care you probably won't even scratch it.
8 •Reply•Share ›

joetheripper Marko • 2 months ago
i believe they should sell some ispray, to apply a silver clour over the scratch!
5 •Reply•Share ›

Varnett aha • 2 months ago
It is new iPhone look - like stone washed jeans. Itchy and scratchy phone...
97 3 •Reply•Share ›

DeepNara Varnett • 2 months ago
I dont mind a minor (minor) scratch out of the box just give me 100$ discount like Nokia did with Lumia 900 wifi bug.
then again asking Apple for discount is like asking judge Koh to favor Samsung.
94 3 •Reply•Share ›

hollydiver Varnett • 2 months ago
nice really ,the response from apple is careless
33 •Reply•Share ›

cnick hollydiver • 2 months ago
Apple care ... careless smiley)
25 •Reply•Share ›

cnick Varnett • 2 months ago
If you take a pair of jeans and wear it utill they become ratty it's called you have no taste/money. If you buy them already broken it's caled vintage. The new iPhone, the same thing.
23 2 •Reply•Share ›

FF aha • 2 months ago
Quote, "this is extramazininglutionary tech by apple so that u can etch ur name at tha back or u can draw precise maps(as aplle maps r crap)"
60 1 •Reply•Share ›

NicholasMicallef FF • 2 months ago
Apple's products encourage you to be creative, Google gives you good maps, what's interesting in that? Apple offers you crappy maps and easily scratchable back so you can try to etch better maps. If you fail, or you move out of the map and need more area, just buy a new back for you iPhone, which is now much harder to remove so the (now much stronger) screen can be easily removed.
10 •Reply•Share ›

Arber aha • 2 months ago
Well, it is true, with use it scratches,the fact is that the new iphone is so smart,that it starts using itself inside the box ;-)
34 1 •Reply•Share ›

Zushikikato Arber • 2 months ago
SIRI was testing it inside the box.. It tried following its Maps but got lost. Hence the scratches..
5 •Reply•Share ›

redboy8 aha • 2 months ago
it is what called i-scratch back covers, default design completely out of box .... if need more scratches u can customize .... even they provide how to scratch ur iphone back manual....
8 •Reply•Share ›

Eduardo Catublas aha • 2 months ago
and now apple has given us the freedom to customize... you can etch your name, image map... anything you want at the back plate cover of the new iPhone 5. thanks apple!
4 •Reply•Share ›

p-99 aha • 2 months ago −
Easy fix, just paint the same color over it....ha ha.

Lmfaooooo
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by ibietela2(m): 6:31pm On Feb 10, 2013
Been reading from page 1... So without Jailbreak you cant enjoy your iphone like the Sg3?
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by sinade1(m): 11:11pm On Feb 10, 2013
ibietela2: Been reading from page 1... So without Jailbreak you cant enjoy your iphone like the Sg3?

Why do you root your phone?
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by ibietela2(m): 12:42am On Feb 11, 2013
sinade1:

Why do you root your phone?

Even without rooting my phone i can do everything like sharing image of 1KG with friends which you can not do. Now tell me what do you think i will when i root it?
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Ositainklord(m): 10:20am On Feb 11, 2013
djkaneo:

May his isoul RIIP(rest in iPeace).....
dats wat we need in life iPeace....I've got a patent on dat word though and I'll sue u if u infringe.
Lwkmd! Lmao!!!! Good one!
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Amesko(m): 5:08am On Jun 09, 2013
I want to sale bb torch 3 clean and working perfect for a friendly price....080337756064,08055783745
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Ositainklord(m): 5:44pm On Jun 18, 2013
pawesome: I love ma iphone..it can do evrytin n anitin in d world..i rmemba wen dis shit 1st came out,bitches will b runnin up to me,'lemme c da iphone,lemme suck on it'..one day i gt tired f all dese questions n i let d bitch stick d iphone in her butt,it took d doctors 12hrs to get it out,n u knw wt?..ma iphone ws still workin......can ur samsung stand dt shit
Mr gin rummy! Too much boondocks!!!
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Edunwa302(m): 7:29pm On Jun 18, 2013
Gbyte: Nairalanders won't stop surprising me, still arguing that their plastic Samsung phone is better than IPhone, that's why I've created this post so that who ever has a Samsung or iPhone should come out and say that amazing thing you feel your Samsung or iPhone can to that makes it better than the other phone.
Let the post begin

Oga what are you doing with metal are a weldder?
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by korebobo(m): 2:28pm On Jun 19, 2013
Please, how much does a Samsung galaxy s3 and note 2 cost?
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Natanielbatt: 8:35pm On May 22, 2015
The best way to unlock samsung galaxy is whit hack software tool from this page : http://www.unlockphonetool.com/unlock-samsung-galaxy-s5-s4-s3-via-imei-any-carrier/
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Nobody: 10:10am On May 23, 2015
I see that nobody can talk about our lovely droid very well, I will be equally strait not patcha on both devices. am not here to say iphone is better or droid is better, but to tell u my little knowledge about this two gadgets.
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Nobody: 7:58am On May 24, 2015
When you are comparing phone or any thing u start with the quality and quantity, popularity, users rating, friendly interface, advantage and disavantage and so fort...

Facts...
In nigera here we are they are major common phones which are.
NO.1 BLACKBERRY
NO.2 WINDOWS/LUMIA
NO.3 DROID
NO.4 IPHONE.
Now let talk about the realson we are here iphone and android as become the most popular and most wanted smart phone by consumers. The reason is simple lots of apps/games multi tasking/speed, design and fancy.
Now let compare:
No.1 iphone- great design/fancy at hand, nice graphic display HD, stock firmware, lock kernel, tight security tools like icloud and the rest, nice size, not too heavy, thousands of apps on store, u can do a little customizing after jailbreaking, 90% on battery rating, popularity in nigeria 70%. This what i have to say about iphone. And am talking about iphone 5.
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Nobody: 8:26am On May 24, 2015
Now brethen let talk about our little green robot
No.1 Android is the most popular divice in nigeria believe it or not every man, woman, boy, girl, child are all using droid, why? well afordable, friendly use interface, well customize by u or the manufacture, open source os, if u don't like it the way it is destory it and rebuild it, lagerst online mobile cummunity forum, lots of adons, best multitasking, security is not the problem unlock the door and do more than u expected, if u dont like ur rom/firmware kindly change it to what u want, very nice for hacking infact i build my first mobile site with android using note plus pro, u dont have to buy anyting with ur credit cards. nice graphic standard graphics display 2D,3D, and HD driver, diffrent type of screen reslution fit for games, videos and reading and so on, the best part of it is that it support all most pc apps, name them if like. if u are a programer android is ur choice, i knew nothing about programs before droid makes me to know how scripts work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Thanks To Infinix, I Saw Davido Concert Live At 02 Arena / Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? / NCC, NIPOST To Verify SIM Card Owners' Addresses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.