Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone (17132 Views)

How To Use Less Mobile Data On Your Android Or Iphone / Applications On Your Phone That Does Amazing Things / How To Use A BIS Plan On And Android Phone Or Tablet Rooted Or Unrooted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by pawesome(m): 5:47pm On Oct 08, 2012
I love ma iphone..it can do evrytin n anitin in d world..i rmemba wen dis shit 1st came out,bitches will b runnin up to me,'lemme c da iphone,lemme suck on it'..one day i gt tired f all dese questions n i let d bitch stick d iphone in her butt,it took d doctors 12hrs to get it out,n u knw wt?..ma iphone ws still workin......can ur samsung stand dt shit
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by seechris(m): 6:05pm On Oct 08, 2012
Samsung phones are not good gaming phones
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 6:13pm On Oct 08, 2012
What nid is of app store when u can't download anythng there here in naija?
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by 5much(m): 6:27pm On Oct 08, 2012
S3 waits until u sleep b4 it goes 2 sleep. Wl choose samsung anytime.

CHARGE ALL UR PHONES(BB,IPAD,SAMSUNG,etc) for days without NEPA/PHCN wt a portable external charger @ 5k. Call/sms 08065643058.
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by ambyzown(m): 6:30pm On Oct 08, 2012
Here's one amazing thing I can do with an Android device that an iphone can't do....... I can send an sms and get a delivery report. Can your iphone do that? Someone mentioned earlier that with the help of jailbreaking u can get an iphone to transfer files using Bluetooth, but he forgot to mention that u dare not tryupdating ur phone afterwards or u'll end up with a very expensive iPod.
Truth be told, iPhone fans wish their iPhones could be as customizable and open as Samsung android phones, while us Android guys wish our Samsungs could be as solid looking as the iphone. Period.

3 Likes

Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by question(m): 6:44pm On Oct 08, 2012
Meanwhile, Before his death, Steve Jobs (may his i-soul RIP) forgot to teach Apple techs guys how to create a functional Map apps.
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Pimples(m): 6:55pm On Oct 08, 2012
Ekeeyhandsome: What nid is of app store when u can't download anythng there here in naija?
Pls do not talk what you don't know of.
Have u touched an Iphone before? talkless of appstore...
Nonsence
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by mu2sa2: 7:36pm On Oct 08, 2012
Why d obsession with d imported. 160 million people lets design a master class phone by ourselves for ourselves.
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Leopantro: 8:21pm On Oct 08, 2012
frankly I'm getting tired of the IOS vs Android war. its the same way i view arguing about religion; basically shouting about who has a bigger imaginary friend. both are different TYPES of linux operating systems, both are linux based. they have been modified based on certain company specifications. so you guys are just arguing about the same thing.

i said that they are types of linux and not linux itself
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by martinkem(m): 8:44pm On Oct 08, 2012
People talking about cydia, tsk wit an iphone 5 u have to do a ton of work to use your own phone.

1. To send something say a pic or mp3 you have to jailbreak your phone to install cydia, then navigate to gind a free Bluetooth app that's if it even exists.

2. The iphone5 is nothing more than a taller iphone4S, if you own one you arent getting anything more. SG2 tops an iphone4S, i use to own them both.

3. Using an android device is miles better than iOS. sharing files with people have never being easier for me.

4. The choice of browsers is incredible, i can chose which browser to open a link with.

5. About the scratching part, the iphone5 scratches, if u doubt it just google it. Which kind of idiot scratches his phone for the fun of it.

6. Maps issue, google maps is amazing i can actually see my street with houses in tge satellite view and sygic maps gives me voice navigation, apple maps probably doesnt know where Nigeria is talkless of surulere.
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Redstone(m): 9:25pm On Oct 08, 2012
Leopantro: frankly I'm getting tired of the IOS vs Android war. its the same way i view arguing about religion; basically shouting about who has a bigger imaginary friend. both are different TYPES of linux operating systems, both are linux based. they have been modified based on certain company specifications. so you guys are just arguing about the same thing.

i said that they are types of linux and not linux itself

Oyinbo wèy do these phones are enjoying their cash, una dey here dey fight.

Na some go wake up one dey, all the oyinbos go done relocate to Mars, we go dey here dey wait for one big asteroid wèy go clear this world.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by albacete(m): 9:47pm On Oct 08, 2012
infolekan:

1. Iphone 5 scratches. Something that has to do with aniodised surface.
2. Iphone 4S camera is better. You can read these 2 points in reviews.
3. Cydia is not pre installed and jailbreaking ur iphone voids warranty

Exactly what i wanted to tell him.

Another flaw with iPhone is d non-removable battery and non-expandable memory.

Can it also play flash files in d browser?

Or perform real multitasking?

Apple products are just for Americans. Contributes significantly to their economy. Would rather get an Android machine than an overpriced Apple phone.

Did i also mention that Android is affordable (with #25k, u can get @ least Froyo).
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Kslib(m): 10:19pm On Oct 08, 2012
gragra boy: look at all this people talking about iphone and stuff when the only apple product you have is your apple hair cream mtcheew!
Redstone:

Oyinbo wèy do these phones are enjoying their cash, una dey here dey fight.

Na some go wake up one dey, all the oyinbos go done relocate to Mars, we go dey here dey wait for one big asteroid wèy go clear this world.
gragra boy: look at all this people talking about iphone and stuff when the only apple product you have is your apple hair cream mtcheew!
Hahahahaaahaaahahaaahahaaa!!!! Inshort am dead... Bwahahahaahaahaha!!!! Lmao!!! Lwkmd!!! Lol!!!
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Pebcak: 11:41pm On Oct 08, 2012
what part of the planet abi solar system are u from u must definitely still be from the stone age SMH you can control those consoles from any portaable device i control my ps3 using my samsung andriod phone or my cuzs windows phone so bros park well n get ur facts right
Gbyte:
Listen to yourself
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by kpolli(m): 12:22am On Oct 09, 2012
Gbyte: I should start with this, I'f my iPhone drops and the screen is shattered, I can still use the phone and everything on it would work fine, you tell me your Samsung would do that

I dunno how a phone dropping and the screen shatters, is now an advantage?? My BB has dropped a million times and no screen dent. . . . Is that not the real advantage?
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by hugafella(m): 2:38am On Oct 09, 2012
Samsung galaxy all the way! In fact, the android OS is the new world order. Its the way to go!

1 Like

Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by postemail: 4:17am On Oct 09, 2012
chocckidd: with my gs3 yesterday i was downloading skyfall with utorrent while tweeting and watching bourne legacy with the pop up feature.and all this while my hotspot was on and being used by my junior bro to ping with his bb
Which carrier are you using, and what data package? On your data package, you can download movies?
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by postemail: 4:26am On Oct 09, 2012
Harbb: One feature that thrills me about my iPhone is how I can quickly scan my document anytime the need for that arises without having to look for a scanning machine. I then attach it to my mail and send it anywhere anytime. I don't know whether SG3 does that.
Sorry, how do you scan with an iPhone?
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by Suntemi(m): 6:29am On Oct 09, 2012
ambyzown: Here's one amazing thing I can do with an Android device that an iphone can't do....... I can send an sms and get a delivery report. Can your iphone do that? Someone mentioned earlier that with the help of jailbreaking u can get an iphone to transfer files using Bluetooth, but he forgot to mention that u dare not tryupdating ur phone afterwards or u'll end up with a very expensive iPod.
Truth be told, iPhone fans wish their iPhones could be as customizable and open as Samsung android phones, while us Android guys wish our Samsungs could be as solid looking as the iphone. Period.
you can't end up with an expensive iPod Touch upgrading a factory unlocked iPhone. And with jailbreak, I can do all that u mentioned above.

Most of the stuffs written here are incorrect. You guys don't need to lie to prove your point.
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by djkaneo(m): 6:50am On Oct 09, 2012
Gbyte:

Suntemi, na you let them know my name abi, Temitope, S3 would do that only if the accident is not much, I've seen loads of Youtube videos of broken S3 screen protector that renders the phone's screentouch feature useless unless you replace it

Now u buying fones to drop them from tall buildings!!! Abi ur family na giants.....Abeg carry dat ur iPhone send some of ur downloaded movies to my Rare Gem(my fone) via bluetooth or Sbeam......na SGS2 I dey use....hold on I dey cum.....make I copy some songs from dis flash drive wey my friend just carry enter.....DAMN!!! My Barbie(Lappy) is down!......but not to worry, I've got my USB on the go cable.....I dey cum ......
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by djkaneo(m): 6:58am On Oct 09, 2012
rainmaker12: IPhone 5 cloths is very remarkable, extra tinny pores.... dey even said according to apple " we no longer measure in length, we measure in neutron"....fantastic!!!
No doubt d cloth beat gs3 hands down....1-0 now.... :DIPhone 5 cloths is very remarkable, extra tinny pores.... dey even said according to apple " we no longer measure in length, we measure in neutron"....fantastic!!!
No doubt d cloth beat gs3 hands down....1-0 now....

I bet they measure in panel scratches as well......tight!!!
http://blog.gsmarena.com/apple-head-of-marketing-comments-the-iphone-5-scratches/
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by walcolm(m): 7:02am On Oct 09, 2012
Harbb:
One feature that thrills me about my iPhone is how I can quickly scan my document anytime the need for that arises without having to look for a scanning machine. I then attach it to my mail and send it anywhere anytime. I don't know whether SG3 does that.

you must have just returned from the moon...every other OS apart from the iOS has had this feature for more than 5 years. even right now, i'm not sure you can even attach anything to an email from the iPhone directly
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by meetdonald(m): 7:07am On Oct 09, 2012
texazzpete: It's now official. The iPhone 5 is the most powerful phone in the world

https://www.nairaland.com/1055252/iphone-5-most-powerful-phone

Let all arguments now end grin

Let me ask u a simple Q... What use is power without Control?

My SGS 2 does so many things that an Iphone 5 would shout "FOUL!!!

Can the so called "world most powerful phone". Be connected to a Flat HDTV via HDMI and @ d same time use a USB Keyboard with a bluetooth Mouse?

Can u install a different OS on ur Iphone apart from IOS?

Can u send any file via Blutooth?. Or WIFI Direct?(In which the transfer rate is mind blowing @ 100MB per sec

Can u send ur playlist to ur girl via simply tapping both phones (NFC Technology)?

Can u find ur way home with an easy turn by turn voice guidance system?

Can u downclock ur CPU, GPU and other hardwares in other to increase battery life? grin

.... And the list goes on and on...

Apple users are Life-like Drones cry
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by djkaneo(m): 7:08am On Oct 09, 2012
Gbyte:

You are not exactly right about the sentence in bold, and the issue about map not working here, I won't know what you guys mean by that but really I can even locate myself with Find my Iphone and that works with map doesnt it ?

Upgrade ur iPhone to ios6.....try ur "Locate Myself" ish.....na for Imo river we go find ur remains...for naija, na Nokia map be king.....closely followed by google map......I map or whatever it's called no dey radar.....and FYI prior to IOS6, d default "I map", na google map with ios theme......lolzzzzzz
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by djkaneo(m): 7:20am On Oct 09, 2012
adanny01: I just bought an original spare battery for my sgs2 for #3500 and an 8gb micro sd to expand my 16gb internal for just #4000. With #7500 av upgraded my sgs2. I can now carry more movies to last me a whole boring week! I can watch more hours of movies or more gaming time and comfortably watch my movies with a 4.3" screen at no extra cost. Thats my sgs2 oh. Show me an iPhone that can do that, even the famous iPhone 5. Plus do you know the price difference between 16 and 32gb iPhone?
On quality, i give it up to the iPhone.

Nawa ooo.....I dunno 'bout d battery....but I bought a 32GB sandisk microsd for #4000...infact I bought 4 of those and shared em amongst my close pals....now my SGS2 has a total storage of 48GB.....still cheaper than a 16GB iPhone 4S.
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by djkaneo(m): 7:24am On Oct 09, 2012
infolekan: 1. The samsung doesn't scratch while the iphone 5 does.
2. The camera is better on the S3 than the iphone 5. Even the iphone 4S has a better battery.
3. I've used up the memory on my iphone 3gs 16G since & have to keep deleting stuff on it everytime I want to add stuff. Non expandable memory is a problem.
4. 326 & 320 ppi are both the same thing to a naked eye so resolution isn't much to brag about.
5.No bluetooth connectivity to receive files like pictures & music on the go in Iphone
6. No slavery to itunes to do everything from adding a picture to loading music.
7. Its basically not for someone who isn't a tech savie....lots of format need to be converted on itunes.
8. Video formats like divx & others not supported.
9. Can't even go into other features like the warped maps on iphone 5, purplish tinge to the camera and the fact that the itunes store isn't a fully functional one in Nigeria(& I don't expect anyone to reply to this last statement unless you're using an iphone personally & I've tried to buy music from their store)
10. Can't exhaust the list.

Mheeeeen....u just took the words right outta my mouth!!!
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by djkaneo(m): 7:35am On Oct 09, 2012
ebukaeze00:

IM SO LOVING THIS

1 where do you get your infos from.....dude iphones stopped scratching from the 4th generation ie iphone 4, 4S and 5 dont scratch
2 did you just say camera back off the iphone 5 is in retina display and has a 8MP camera 3264x2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash and can shoot videos up to 1080p,so calm down and stop bluffing
3 hmmmmmm okay about the non expandable memory, you have a point there.... but you can use remote servers such as Dropbox
4 stop mentioning resolutions here..... the iphone 5 has a resolution of about 640 x 1136 pixels
5 Bluetooth? is that your problem? well theres a solution to that.... with a jailbroken iphone you can exchange files over bluetooth with iBluenova or ibluetooth(ios 2&3)then celeste bluetooth (ios 4&5) but all these would be done via cydia

6 Slavery to itunes? hell no once an idevice is jailbroken you can use a file manager tool named ifile to browse through your files so you can copy and paste from your desktop or use applications like xilisoft or ifunbox

7 conversion of files is just a waste of time bro.... theres a VLC player for the iphone so all you need to do is paste any media format on the vlc player via flie sharing and thats it

8 i've explained that already......you can watch any media file on your iphone through VLC Player.....

9 why buy music from itunes store..... install safari download manager plug-in with the help of cydia and download anything on the go from the internet

10 with all ive just said here i wanna let you all know that almost everything is possible with your iphone and if you wanna get to talk to me more or if youre having any problem with your idevice or you wanna perform a factory unlock for iphone 4,4S or 5 (AT&T only), jailbreak or get as much as 200 Apps and games (FIFA, PES, ASSASINS CREED, NFS etc) holla at me

appleprokid93@gmail.com
BB PIN 290BBA54
08033847320.... Thanks

I suggest u go back and verify ur facts on #s 1,5 and 6........I dnt wanna bash d oda point let's just focus on these.....The iPhone 5 still scratches outta d box and apple says it normal!!!
The Bluetooth tin u wrote about, I bet that transfers files between similar devices(iPods, iPhones,iPads) with d same Bluetooth app.
U still need a PC for those......my younger is always messing up with that ifunbox thingy just to put ordinary audio tracks into his iPhone 4s.
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by djkaneo(m): 7:55am On Oct 09, 2012
question: Meanwhile, Before his death, Steve Jobs (may his i-soul RIP) forgot to teach Apple techs guys how to create a functional Map apps.

May his isoul RIIP(rest in iPeace).....
dats wat we need in life iPeace....I've got a patent on dat word though and I'll sue u if u infringe.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by DaWhiz: 8:45am On Oct 09, 2012
djkaneo:

I suggest u go back and verify ur facts on #s 1,5 and 6........I dnt wanna bash d oda point let's just focus on these.....The iPhone 5 still scratches outta d box and apple says it normal!!!
The Bluetooth tin u wrote about, I bet that transfers files between similar devices(iPods, iPhones,iPads) with d same Bluetooth app.
U still need a PC for those......my younger is always messing up with that ifunbox thingy just to put ordinary audio tracks into his iPhone 4s.

For 1, are we arguing over scratches now? Lame! 5 and 6 are very correct. If you don't know how, don't say its impossible. You can transfer from an iPhone to any other phone via bluetooth. And no, u don't need a PC. I do both all the time on my i4s... They're both powerful phones in their capacities. It's all a matter of choice #movingOn
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by rainmaker12(m): 8:50am On Oct 09, 2012
Y una lack argument. For features sg3 na oga....
For build quality iPhone 5 na father.
so now wit ur tech brain, wich Fone make sense pass or wich ll pple go for? mere build quality or a versatile features?..wink
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by rainmaker12(m): 8:52am On Oct 09, 2012
I dnt care bout built quality, plastic but fully loaded...... wat else
Re: Amazing Things You Can Do With Samsung Phone Or iPhone by chocckidd: 6:42pm On Oct 09, 2012
post.email:

Which carrier are you using, and what data package? On your data package, you can download movies?
Etisalat 10 gb monthly plan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

$1.2bn Debt: New Investors Take Over 9mobile In 6 Months / Power Banks Can't And Didn't Kill A Ghanaian Girl. See Why. / Get Up To 50% Discounts On Infinix Black Friday Offer Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.