Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,479 members, 7,958,446 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:32 PM

Is Christianity Really A "Peacefull" Religion?????????? No Offence Christians!!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Christianity Really A "Peacefull" Religion?????????? No Offence Christians!!! (2378 Views)

Why Is Christianity Diminishing In Europe And America? / Is Christianity True? The Greatest Conspiracy Ever / Is Christianity Really A Monotheistic Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Christianity Really A "Peacefull" Religion?????????? No Offence Christians!!! by ParisLove1: 12:13pm On Sep 23, 2012
homaticaya:

Abeg back to the topic, why digress from it?
whats so peaceful aboiut christianity?

Christian Enmity and Hatred

Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but with a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man's foes will be those of his own household. He who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy. (Matthew 10:34-37)
The first important observation is to recognize that Jesus does not speak about " the sword ", but about" a sword ". Jesus is not a prophet of the sword. The sword of violence, force and war has no place in his message. What kind of sword is he talking about?
The above passage speaks about the consequence of being obedient to the command of Jesus that we are to preach his message. Some will listen and accept it but many will reject it and react violently.
We will be hated for the message of repentance that we have to bring. We will be hated because we call people from evil to light and because this message exposes their evil deeds.
For many it will mean that even our own family will turn against us.
What kind of sword? It is the sword of division that God's word brings. It is the division of truth from error,and the reaction of the darkness against the light. The sword that Jesus brings, is the sword that his followershave to suffer, a sword that is applied to them, not a sword that they wield against others.
And exactly that happens in many countries. The fellowship of believers, while full of peace, incurs the wrath of the nonbelievers. Christians are gathering peacefully, yet are persecuted.
Woe to you, Chorazin! woe to you, Bethsaida! ...But I tell you, it shall be more tolerable on the day of judgment for Tyre and Sidon than for you. And you, Capernaum, will you be exalted to heaven? You shall be brought down. (Luke 10:13)
Ditto what? Am sure you're aware of the concept of sin and punishment.

And every one who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my name's sake, will receive a hundred-fold, and inherit eternal life. (Matthew 19:29)By definition, Jesus is a cult leader - and a very effective one with big enticement.
hahahah really? So it's now a crime now to reward good deeds? I'd hate to bring your Allah into this. But he's also a cult leader according to your own definition. SMH

Do you think I have come to give peace on earth? No, I tell you, but rather division; for henceforth in one house there will be five divided, three against two and two against three; they will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. (Luke 12:51-53)
Luke 12:51-53confirms the interpretation of Matt. 10:34. Jesus did not endorse physical violence against one’s own family, but he warns people about possible family division of those who follow him. Explained that above.

For nation will rise up against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places: all this is but the beginning of the sufferings. (Matthew 24:7-coolSetting the stage - why would any "good" and "omnipotent" God cause or allow this to happen?
Jesus was talking about end times. Try read it in context.
[b]Now as He [Jesus] sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying,"Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?" And Jesus answered and said to them: "Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, "I am the Christ," and will deceive many. And you willhear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must cometo pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places.All these are the beginning of sorrows. "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake. And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. But he who endures to the end shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preachedin all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.(Matthew, 24: 3-14)[/b]
But I say to you that hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who curse you... (Luke 6:27-coolWhy do you have enemies in the first place? Because of all the enmity and hatred.
Evil people hate good people and make enemies with them. What sort of silly question is this in the first place

l you, on the day of judgment men will render account for every careless word they utter; for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned. (Matthew 12:36-37)We can kill someone, as long as we speak properly.
ok now this is getting pathetic. Where does the verse suggest such? Or you implying that nowhere in the bible did Jesus not warn that killing is a sin?
Matt19:18 he asked 'what commandment' Jesus answered 'Do not commit murder do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not accuse anyone falsely'

You are my friends if you do what I command you. (John 15:14)Yeah, that's what I tell all my friends too.
Sure you can.'Tell me your friends and I'll tell you who you're.' Now you know Christ is my friend, you can call me a saint. Am heaven bound cool

Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore he who resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of him who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain; he is the servant of God to execute his wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be subject, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. For the same reason you also pay taxes to whom taxes are due, revenue to whom revenue is due, respect to whom respect is due, honor to whom honor is due. (Romans 13:1-7)Gee, I wonder who wrote these passages?
Gee i wonder what's wrong with this passage? You really lack sense of patriotism.
Be subject for the Lord's sake to every human institution, whether it be to the emperor as supreme, or to governors as sent by him to punish those who do wrong and to praise those who do right.... Fear God. Honor the emperor. (1 Peter 2:17)There's the answer.
1 Peter 2:17 Respect everyone, love your neighbors, honor God and respect the leader. It's definitely an answer
Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for any honest work ...(Titus 3:1)How convenient for the rulers!
So what? be disobedient and dishonest @ your place of work?
Obey your leaders and submit to them; for they are keeping watch over your souls, as men who will have to give account. (Hebrews 13:17)Truly Christianity is a religion created by rabblerousers!
Lol, i think your problem is that christianity is so peaceful it's impractical
Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. (Matthew 22:21)Now, in whose interest would it be for "Jesus" to exhort people to give all their money to the emperor?
give unto cesar what's cesar's and God unto what's God's. Are you promoting tax evasion?

For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside the church whom you are to judge? Go judge those outside. "Drive out the wicked person from among you." (1 Corinthians 5:12-13)The Watchtower of the Jehovah's Witnesses says of this passage: "Today, the Bible-based practice of disfellowshipping unrepentant wrongdoers has served to keep our worship clean and pure."
5:12For what have I to do to judge them also that arewithout? do not ye judge them that are within?5:13But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person. The verse is obviously talking about sanctioning wrongdoers in the church.
I don't know what you're quoting.
Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. (Matthew 7:1-2)Just a tad schizophrenic with the above - and the day of judgment.

You brood of vipers! how can you speak good, when you are evil? (Matthew 12:34)And Jesus spends half of the time judging people.
Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! .... You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell! (Matthew 23:29-33)And on it goes.
Yep Jesus will judge the world
Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth--those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.
I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me." (John 5: 20-30)

You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. (John 8:44)Jesus is a self-hating Jew.
Maybe you should read the verse in context
37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed: yet ye seek to kill me, because my word hath not free course in you.
42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I came forth and amcome from God; for neither have I come of myself, but he sent me. 43 Why do ye not understand my speech? Even because ye cannot hear my word. 44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father it is your will to do. Hewas a murderer from the beginning, and standeth not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father thereof. 45 But because I say the truth, ye believe me not.
Telling the truth to your own people does not constitute self hating. SMH
...a Canaanite woman ...came out and cried, "Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David; my daughter is severely possessed by a demon. But he did not answer her a word. And his disciples came and begged him, saying, "Send her away, for she is crying after us." He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." But she came and knelt before him, saying, "Lord, help me." And he answered, "It is not fair to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs." (Matthew 15:23)A woman of a different ethnicity approaches the Savior with a sick daughter, and he ignores her and then calls her a dog! And only the house of Israel is to be saved.
If don't find the bold insulting why should you do the latter? He wasn't insulting israel when he called them lost sheep, why should you think he was when he called the cannaite woman dog? It's just a figure of speech.

It is actually reported that there is immorality among you, and of a kind that is not found even among pagans; for a man is living with his father's wife.... Let him who has done this be removed from among you.... with the power of Lord Jesus, you are to deliver this man to Satan, for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. (1 Corinthians 5:1-5)In other words, it's best to murder him in order to "save" him.
If you had quote the whole you would gotten the whole picture. Paul wasn't talking about murdershocked. Bible said we do not battle against flesh and blood, Eph6:12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in heavenly places.
For there are many insubordinate men, empty talkers and deceivers, especially the circumcision party; they must be silenced ...(Titus 1:10-11)In other words, the Jews.

...Zion ...But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's own people ...(1 Peter 2:6-9)Just a tad schizophrenic with the above.
Off topic. What does this has to do with Christianity not
Not been peace?
Christian Psycho-Sexual Pathology and Foolishness

But I say to you that every one who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. (Matthew 5:27)Is it any wonder that they're so uptight? Attraction and flirting are sins!
Lust is not attraction. The verse makes it clear.
But I say to you, Do not resist one who is evil. But if any one strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. (Matthew 5:39)Throw out the wicked one from among you, but do not resist him? And not only a pacifist but a masochist.
Matt5:39 Do not take revenge for someone who wrongs you. If any strikes you on the right cheek turn to him the other also.
Woe to the world for temptation! ...And if your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life maimed or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell of fire. (Matthew 17:7-9)We don't see a lot of self-mutilated one-eyed or one-handed Christians walking around
Matthew 17:7-9
Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
7 and Jesus having come near, touched them, and said, `Rise, be not afraid,'
8 and having lifted up their eyes, they saw no one, except Jesus only.
9 And as they are coming down from the mount, Jesuscharged them, saying, `Say to no one the vision, till the Son of Man out of the dead may rise.'

For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven. He who is able to receive this, let him receive it. (Matthew 19:12)And castrated! Perhaps most are.

...God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise, God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong. (1 Corinthians 1:27)God would rather have a weak, foolish world.
Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to dejection. Humble yourselves before the Lord and he will exalt you. (James 4:9-10)Reflecting a masochistic, bootlicking life.

Blessed are the poor, for yours is the kingdom of God. (Luke 6:20)The fact is that poverty is hell. Why doesn't the omnipotent God snap his fingers and get rid of poverty? This comment is exactly what one would expect from the rich people in power.

Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you shall eat, nor about your body, what you shall put on.... Sell your possessions, and give alms. (Luke 12:22-33)Can you imagine living like that in this world? Christians should be running around half-starved and naked, giving all their money away.

One thing you still lack. Sell all that you have and distribute it to the poor ...(Luke 18:22)And now for another commercial break: don't expect the rich rulers to take care of the poor - you do it! And then you'll be poor, so someone else will have to sell their possessions and give their money to you! Is this a pyramid scheme?

For his disciples had gone away into the city to buy food. (John 3:coolWith what money? And how come His Omnipotence doesn't just multiply the loaves and fishes? He needs a bigger audience?

...but whoever denies me before men, I will also deny before my Father who is in heaven. (Matthew 10:33)What a whiner! Go tell your Daddy!
And every one who speaks a word against the Son of man will be forgiven... (Luke 12:10)Get it straight - which is it?
off topic. What does this has to do with christianity not been peace?
Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him.... (John 6:53-53)Isn't it nice we can get so cozy through cannibalism?
Jesus gave them bread and wine. No mention of cannibalism there..

Christian Sexism and Slavery

It is well for a man not to touch a woman. But because of the temptation to immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. 1 Corinthians 7:1-2Touching women is immoral.
Yes, don't sexually harass women. Go and get a wife and be a peaceful citizen.
But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of every woman is her husband, and the head of Christ is God.... any woman who prays or prophesies with her head unveiled dishonors her head ...For if a woman will not veil herself, then she should cut off her hair ...For a man ought not to cover his head; since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. (For man was not made from woman, but woman from man. Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.) 1 Corinthians 11:2-10The idiotic and sexist story of Adam and Eve turns science on its head by making the man the creator of human life, rather than the woman. Man is woman's God.

Wives, be submissive to your husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. As the church is subject to Christ, so let wives also be subject in everything to their husbands. (Ephesians 5:21-24)Again, the man is basically equivalent with God.
Verse25 husbands love your wife as Christ loved the church and gave his life for it. He did this to dedicate the church to God by his word, after making it clean by washing it in water, 27 in order to present the church to himself in all it's beauty — pure and faultless without spot or wrinkle or any other imperfection. Men ought their wife as the love their own body. A man who loves his wife loves himself. cheesy what a peaceful home.
[quote...the women should keep silence in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says. If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church. (1 Corinthians 14:34-35)It is shameful for a woman to BE in church in the first place.

Let a woman learn in silence with all submissiveness. I permit no woman to teach or have authority over men; she is to keep silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet woman will be saved through bearing children, if she continues in faith and love and holiness, with modesty. (1 Timothy 11:15)Yes, shut up and stay pregnant. Very advanced.[/quote]
1 Corinthians 11
[4] Any man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head,
[5] but any woman who prays or prophesies with her head unveiled dishonors her head -- it is the same as if her head were shaven.This means that St. Paul recognizes that women can publicly pray and prophesy in church--both activities involving speaking. Thus his later remarks about women remaining silent don't mean total silence.
Wives, be subject to your husband, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives, and do not be harsh with them. Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord. Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged. Slaves, obey in everything those who are your earthly masters, not with eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but in singleness of heart, fearing the Lord. (Colossians 3:18-22)
What were expecting? grin Sura an-Nisa' 4:34 ...As to those women On whose part
ye fear Disloyalty and ill-conduct Admonish them (first),
(Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them?? 1st verbal abuse, 2nd psychological abuse and finally physical abuse??huh Sorry my bible doesn't teach such wickedness to women.

....and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be sensible, chaste, domestic, kind, and submissive to their husbands, that the word of God may not be discredited.... Bid slaves to be submissive to their masters and to give satisfaction in every respect ...(Titus 2:4-9)It doesn't discredit the word of God that women and children are to be slaves and servants of men?
no it doesn't. Read from verse1 it asked men to do the same.

No one could learn that song except the hundred and forty-four thousand who had been redeemed from the earth. It is these who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are chaste ...Revelation 14:3-4So the 144,000 are all men? And women are defiling. A gay heaven?
off topic, what does this verse has to do with christianity not being peace.

Slaves, be obedient to those who are your earthly masters, with fear and trembling, in singleness of heart, as to Christ ...(Ephesians 6:5)In other words, be happy about your wretched state - and fearful!in others be as peaceful as you can. When in captive don't do anything stupid that may lead to the death of others.

Let all who are under the yoke of slavery regard their masters as worthy of all honor, so that the name of God and the teaching may not be defamed. (1 Timothy 6)Slavery itself doesn't defame God's name?
in others be as peaceful as you can. When in captive don't do anything stupid that may lead to the death of others.

Servants, be submissive to your masters with all respect, not only to the kind and gentle but to the overbearing. For one is approved if, mindful of God, he endures pain while suffering unjustly. For what credit is it, if when you do wrong and are beaten for it you take it patiently? But if when you do right and suffer for it you take it patiently, you have God's approval. 1 Peter 2:18-20So, if God is "good" and is in charge of everything, why does anyone suffer unjustly? Unless God is a sadist, and we are meant to be masochists.
Jesus warned that those that follow him will be persecuted. Remain peaceful even in the face of persecution. God bless
Re: Is Christianity Really A "Peacefull" Religion?????????? No Offence Christians!!! by ParisLove1: 7:15am On Sep 24, 2012
F00028:

so you think the bible has any regard for the female

-condemning the ra.pe victim to spend the rest of her life with her ra.pist - Deuteronomy 22:28-29

-sharing out women like party favours - Numbers 31:7-18 or Deuteronomy 20:10-14
This is not rape. It's for those that unmarried people that commit ƒornication.
-cruel inhuman treatment and rape – Zechariah 14:-2, Judges 21:10-24, Judges 5:30.

-selling own daughters as (sex) slave- Exodus 21:1-11,

-child abuse- Isaiah 13:16, Judges 11:29-40,

-bashing babies against rocks Hosea 13:16, Psalms 137:9
Again these are actions of people reported and their punishment for it as well. The rest are warnings of punishment for going against God.

Yeah chiristians like to claim that but they are all very relevant according to Jesus- mat. 5:17, 18
And Jesus said he has fulfilled those laws and it's no longer required of us.

no, he didn’t.
O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the
majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you
(women)." I have
not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence
and religion than you.
sahih bukhari Volume 1,
Book 6, Number 301

that incident by the historian ibn ishaq most likely never happened. his work is questionable his sources unverified.

Even the famous Polemist and Hatemonger, Robert Spencer admits in his book: The Truth about Muhammad , that "However, Ibn Ishaq's life of Muhammad is so unashamedly hagiographical that its accuracy is questionable." .
- Spencer, Robert: The Truth about Muhammad, Regnery Publishers, 2006 pg. 25

Do you agree with him? He's argument was that both Quran and the entire hadiths were forged by arab leaders and that Muhammad did not exist. Lol

chineke! you think it makes any difference to the victim whether he/she was violated by say, your uncle who is just a simple Christian or a bishop
Of course if any does that he'll be condemned and punished. Pls do the right thingnd condemn Muhammad for violating a 6yr old.

Peace
Re: Is Christianity Really A "Peacefull" Religion?????????? No Offence Christians!!! by homaticaya(m): 5:26pm On Sep 26, 2012
Paris_Love:
The first important observation is to recognize that Jesus does not speak about " the sword ", but about" a sword ". Jesus is not a prophet of the sword. The sword of violence, force and war has no place in his message. What kind of sword is he talking about?
The above passage speaks about the consequence of being obedient to the command of Jesus that we are to preach his message. Some will listen and accept it but many will reject it and react violently.
We will be hated for the message of repentance that we have to bring. We will be hated because we call people from evil to light and because this message exposes their evil deeds.
For many it will mean that even our own family will turn against us.
What kind of sword? It is the sword of division that God's word brings. It is the division of truth from error,and the reaction of the darkness against the light. The sword that Jesus brings, is the sword that his followershave to suffer, a sword that is applied to them, not a sword that they wield against others.
And exactly that happens in many countries. The fellowship of believers, while full of peace, incurs the wrath of the nonbelievers. Christians are gathering peacefully, yet are persecuted.
Really "not the real sword but the sword of division", i'll bet that was the same sword of division Jesus asked his disciples to sell their garment and buy.

Ditto what? Am sure you're aware of the concept of sin and punishment.
Yeaah i am. that show alot of the peace we have been talking about all along, Condemning someone to hell b4 his death (while he is still alive, whatever happened to "love your enemies and pray for them"?

Luke 12:51-53confirms the interpretation of Matt. 10:34. Jesus did not endorse physical violence against one’s own family, but he warns people about possible family division of those who follow him. Explained that above.
Yeah i saw that too, still on the matter of peace, of cos if were to be a leader of some kind and i tell my followers that i did not bring peace rather hatred, am sure they'll all go into the town and start giving everyone they meet a warm hug and an apple.

Jesus was talking about end times. Try read it in context.
[b]Now as He [Jesus] sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying,"Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?" And Jesus answered and said to them: "Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, "I am the Christ," and will deceive many. And you willhear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must cometo pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places.All these are the beginning of sorrows. "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name's sake. And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. But he who endures to the end shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preachedin all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.(Matthew, 24: 3-14)[/b]

yeah, and that too, How will a god that loves the world so much to sacrifice his own son let such happen to even his own people, where is the lord of peace trying to create, even if cant save everybody from going through such cruelty, how about those that "believe in him through his son" what was the point of even coming to sacrifice his "only begotten son at the first place, it makes no difference to the world, nothing has change both before and after the alleged sacrifice, looks to me like a waste of son, come to think of it, he had to come sacrifice his "only begotten son" to who?? who received the sacrifice, sounds to me like going to the market to sell something to maself, what in the world is either the rational or worst irrational story behind that

Evil people hate good people and make enemies with them. What sort of silly question is this in the first place
i'll bet you dont have enemies, search your heart, the enmity i get from people who say they are Christians, i bet they are not Christians after all, so were the crusaders that spread Christianity with the real sword (not the sword of division this time around, i laugh in colors, check history books)

ok now this is getting pathetic. Where does the verse suggest such? Or you implying that nowhere in the bible did Jesus not warn that killing is a sin?
Matt19:18 he asked 'what commandment' Jesus answered 'Do not commit murder do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not accuse anyone falsely'
Please while reading the bible read between the lines, this verse says that judgement will be passed on account of careless words, other verses may talk about "Do not do this or that" but mentions nothing about punish for such acts, ooopppss shocked, sorry it did say the wages of sin is death right ( that's one condemnation, i know you'll say yes) very funny, what kinda death, we all are going to die, does that mean we are all sinners? so we all are gonna die because we have sinned, well!!!!!!! even your god "died on the cross", am sorry to put this to you, does that mean he's also a sinner, some will say spiritual death, abegi, indeed! it's just one death which is the same for everyone (either believer or not) only where each soul will spend eternity differs(Heaven or Hell), So pathetic o! my friend.

Sure you can.'Tell me your friends and I'll tell you who you're.' Now you know Christ is my friend, you can call me a saint. Am heaven bound cool
Am so happy for you.

Gee i wonder what's wrong with this passage? You really lack sense of patriotism.
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore he who resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of him who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain; he is the servant of God to execute his wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be subject, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. For the same reason you also pay taxes to whom taxes are due, revenue to whom revenue is due, respect to whom respect is due, honor to whom honor is due. (Romans 13:1-7)Gee, I wonder who wrote these passages?
You know if i was gonna write my own bible and i was part of the government, I'll use same words like that, people would believe anything as long as you claim it's from god. "Follow your authorities, no questions asked, even if they go against God's will?"
Of course!!! Patriotism, yeah that's gotta mean a lot to Jesus (no offense) Despite the fact that the then Government tried to ban him from calling himself the messiah or even preaching to the people, We all could tell how patriotic he was, because he listened to them and he stopped. of cos

"1 Peter 2:17 Respect everyone, love your neighbors, honor God and respect the leader. It's definitely an answer
So what? be disobedient and dishonest @ your place of work?"
of cos it's the answer now we know who included those part, seems to me it's clear to you too.

Lol, i think your problem is that christianity is so peaceful it's impractical
give unto cesar what's cesar's and God unto what's God's. Are you promoting tax evasion?
Lol Why would i? of cos i could never promote evasion, i would be going against the bible then, wont i? seems to me the lords really needs people to pay those taxes, come to think of it you have been addressing me as a Muslim, lemme give you what God would have said on state issues of such:-

O ye who believe! obey Allah, and obey the Messenger and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day: that is best, and most suitable for final determination. (4: 59).

Please note the precedence of authority, Allah is to be obeyed on all issues, when that has been satisfied then you move to the next level the prophet after then is the authority, and if there seems to be any difference of opinion among the authorities where do u revert back to again? Allah.
There should be no compromise to serving the authorities in disobedience to Allah.

there is the answer not some authorities trying to make themselves unquestionable since they claim it's the word of God.
and to your answer about my problem, yeah!!! there u said it, "impracticable" added to mine "created by rabble-rouses" am glad you said that.

5:12For what have I to do to judge them also that arewithout? do not ye judge them that are within?5:13But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person. The verse is obviously talking about sanctioning wrongdoers in the church.
I don't know what you're quoting.
"put away from among yourselves that wicked person" Yeah that's what what am quoting nice way to get fellowship is to condemn people, i think u should start practicing more of that, because already i cant get enough of that everyday.

Yep Jesus will judge the world
Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice and come forth--those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of condemnation.
I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me." (John 5: 20-30)
Don't use the word "will" seems to me like he has already been doing that "And Jesus spends half of the time judging people.
Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! .... You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell! (Matthew 23:29-33)
yet he says "Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. (Matthew 7:1-2)" and we are suppose to follow him in everything so which of these do we do?

Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. (Matthew 7:1-2)

Maybe you should read the verse in context
37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed: yet ye seek to kill me, because my word hath not free course in you.
42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I came forth and amcome from God; for neither have I come of myself, but he sent me. 43 Why do ye not understand my speech? Even because ye cannot hear my word. 44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father it is your will to do. Hewas a murderer from the beginning, and standeth not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father thereof. 45 But because I say the truth, ye believe me not.
Telling the truth to your own people does not constitute self hating. SMH
yeah still judging.
If don't find the bold insulting why should you do the latter? He wasn't insulting israel when he called them lost sheep, why should you think he was when he called the cannaite woman dog? It's just a figure of speech.
Yeah, of cos it's just a figure of speech, that don't qualify as racism to you huh? please try to see the reaction of an African-american when a white man calls him Nigger not to talk about been called a dog to one's face. Figure of speech ba?

For there are many insubordinate men, empty talkers and deceivers, especially the circumcision party; they must be silenced ...(Titus 1:10-11)In other words, the Jews.

...Zion ...But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's own people ...(1 Peter 2:6-9)Just a tad schizophrenic with the above.
Off topic. What does this has to do with Christianity not
Not been peace?
Christian Psycho-Sexual Pathology and Foolishness
My bad! if that sounds off to you, lets look at this u know what? when i was a little boy, if i encounter someone really stronger than me physically, i try to show respect and talk nicely so i don't get the whopping of my life, on the contrary when i think am physically stronger, thats when i remember i got alota power

Lust is not attraction. The verse makes it clear. of cos

Matt5:39 Do not take revenge for someone who wrongs you. If any strikes you on the right cheek turn to him the other also.
Matthew 17:7-9
whatever happened to 1 corinthians 5:13But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person, yeah!!!! Throw out the wicked one from among you, but do not resist him.
7 and Jesus having come near, touched them, and said, `Rise, be not afraid,'
9 And as they are coming down from the mount, Jesuscharged them, saying, `Say to no one the vision, till the Son of Man out of the dead may rise.'

abeg o! how in the world does that explain, Woe to the world for temptation! ...And if your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life maimed or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell of fire. (Matthew 17:7-9)We don't see a lot of self-mutilated one-eyed or one-handed Christians walking around

For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven. He who is able to receive this, let him receive it. (Matthew 19:12)And castrated! Perhaps most are.

...God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise, God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong. (1 Corinthians 1:27)God would rather have a weak, foolish world.
Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to dejection. Humble yourselves before the Lord and he will exalt you. (James 4:9-10)Reflecting a masochistic, bootlicking life.

Blessed are the poor, for yours is the kingdom of God. (Luke 6:20)The fact is that poverty is hell. Why doesn't the omnipotent God snap his fingers and get rid of poverty? This comment is exactly what one would expect from the rich people in power.

Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you shall eat, nor about your body, what you shall put on.... Sell your possessions, and give alms. (Luke 12:22-33)Can you imagine living like that in this world? Christians should be running around half-starved and Unclad, giving all their money away.

One thing you still lack. Sell all that you have and distribute it to the poor ...(Luke 18:22)And now for another commercial break: don't expect the rich rulers to take care of the poor - you do it! And then you'll be poor, so someone else will have to sell their possessions and give their money to you! Is this a pyramid scheme?

For his disciples had gone away into the city to buy food. (John 3:coolWith what money? And how come His Omnipotence doesn't just multiply the loaves and fishes? He needs a bigger audience?

...but whoever denies me before men, I will also deny before my Father who is in heaven. (Matthew 10:33)What a whiner! Go tell your Daddy!
And every one who speaks a word against the Son of man will be forgiven... (Luke 12:10)Get it straight - which is it?

still i would like you to point to a christian living such kinda life, after all the bible asked you to do so.
you see the problem is that christian only pick what pleases the ears in the bible and overlooks what seems not-too-pleasing.

Jesus gave them bread and wine. No mention of cannibalism there..
Really!!!! eating human flesh and drinking blood is not cannibalism? please check the dictionary for what cannibalism means, and dont tell me it's was referring to bread and wine, if that's the case, then all i need to do is visit a bakery and a brewery, and i get to abide in him and he abides in me. i think i already did that today. or does the wine have to be alcoholic?

Christian Sexism and Slavery

Yes, don't sexually harass women. Go and get a wife and be a peaceful citizen.
.For if a woman will not veil herself, then she should cut off her hair ...For a man ought not to cover his head; since he is the image and glory of God; but woman is the glory of man. 1 Corinthians 11:2-10
It is well for a man not to touch a woman. But because of the temptation to immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband. 1 Corinthians 7:1-2Touching women is immoral.
of cos ayam, and that's what i preach against, i just hope more real christian faithfuls will abide by it(no shaking of hands, no hugging, ....., infact no touching, and always cover their head), of cos i wasn't referring to those that just calls themselves Christians because we have same in other fates.
Re: Is Christianity Really A "Peacefull" Religion?????????? No Offence Christians!!! by ParisLove1: 9:42pm On Sep 26, 2012
Really "not the real sword but the sword of division",i'll bet that was the same sword of division Jesus asked his disciples to sell their garment and buy.
matt26:51-53 One of those who were with Jesus drew his sword and struck at the high priest's slave, cutting off his ear. "Put your sword back in it's place, "Jesus said to him. "All who live by the sword shall die by the sword".
Yeaah i am. that show alot of the peace we have been talking about all along, Condemning someone to hell b4 his death (while he is still alive, whatever happened to "love your enemies and pray for them"?
if you read that verse in context you'll see what Jesus was telling his disciple. He was talking to his disciples there. Luke10:10 But when ever you go into a town and you're not welcomed, go out in the streets and say, even the dust from your sticks to our feet we wipe off against you. But remember that the kingdom of God has come near to you!' 12 i assure you that on judgment day God will show more mercy to sodom than to that town!.....16 Jesus said to his disciples, "whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me and whoever rejects me rejects God". So when you read you'll see that Christianity is actually peace. Christians are not supposed to go off killing those that rejects the gospel of christ. It's not a do or die affair. Guess the pagans and jews in arabia during the time of muhammad wasn't that lucky. He wiped them out.
Yeah i saw that too, still on the matter of peace, of cos if were to be a leader of some kind and i tell my followers that i did not bring peace rather hatred, am sure they'll all go into the town and start giving everyone they meet a warm hug and an apple.
You can tell your followers whatever you like. I've explained that and heknow has done the same. Take for example that Iranian pastor that converted to Christianity. He was hated by his muslim family and neighbors. Iranian govt even sentenced him to death for apostacy. That's what Jesus was talking about. If you accept Him today for who he really is, even your family members would despise you.
yeah, and that too, How will a god that loves the world so much to sacrifice his own son let such happen to even his own people, where is the lord of peace trying to create, even if cant save everybody from going through such cruelty, how about those that "believe in him through his son" what was the point of even coming to sacrifice his "only begotten son at the first place, it makes no difference to the world, nothing has change both before and after the alleged sacrifice, looks to me like a waste of son, come to think of it, he had to come sacrifice his "onlybegotten son" to who ?? who received the sacrifice, sounds to me like going to the market to sell something to maself, what in the world is either the rational or worst irrational story behind that.
But the who endures to the end shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preachedin all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.(Matthew, 24: 13-14)
Jesus also said my kingdom is not of this world. The chapter is even self explanatory.
i'll bet you dont have enemies, search your heart, the enmity i get from people who say they are Christians, i bet they are not Christians after all, so were the crusaders that spread Christianity with thereal sword (not the sword of division this time around, i laugh in colors , check history books )
I never said i don't have enemies. I never said christians are perfect. And if you get hate from Christians well you shouldn't really blame them given that your boko haram brothers murder Christians at their church almost every sunday in the name of your Allah. And as for the crusaders, their actions have no basis in the teachings of Christ. The church and many Christians have condemned it and even apologized for it. Now tell me all the terrorist act that muslims have been committing let's say since 9/11 how many of you muslims have apologized for it? There's not a day that goes by that muslims don't kill either a muslim or fellow muslim in the name of Allah. Pathetic.
Please while reading the bible read between the lines, this verse says that judgement will be passed on account of careless words, other verses may talk about "Do not do this or that" but mentions nothing about punish for such acts, ooopppss , sorry it did say the wages of sin is death right ( that's one condemnation, i know you'll say yes)
Yes, rom1:18 God's anger is revealed from heaven against ALL THE SIN and evil of the people whose evil ways prevent the truth from being known.19. God punishes them. so there you go.
very funny, what kinda death, we all are going to die, does that mean we are all sinners ? so we all are gonna die because we have sinned, well!!!!!!! even your god"died on the cross", am sorry to put this to you, doesthat mean he's also a sinner, some will say spiritual death, abegi, indeed! it's just one death which is thesame for everyone (either believer or not) only where each soul will spend eternity differs(Heaven or Hell), So pathetic o! my friend.
Jesus died not because he was a sinner. He died for the salvation of me and youcheesy Just the same way Jesus rose from physical death, that's how those that accepted him will rise into the Kingdom of God.
Both the bible and Quran makes it clear Jesus was sinless.
Am so happy for you.
Thanks, i wish i could say the same. Surah19:71 Said every muslim must enter. Another said any that entered hell has been disgraced and also a lot of things not so good.
You know if i was gonna write my own bible and i was part of the government, I'll use same words like that, people would believe anything as long as you claim it's from god. "Follow your authorities, no questions asked, even if they go against God's will?"
Of course!!! Patriotism, yeah that's gotta mean a lot to Jesus (no offense) Despite the fact that the then Government tried to ban him from calling himself the messiah or even preaching to the people, We allcould tell how patriotic he was, because he listened to them and he stopped. of cos.
pls show me the part where the verse say the bold. The verse is obviously talking about good govts. Why should be rebel against a good government?
Lol Why would i? of cos i could never promote evasion, i would be going against the bible then, wont i? seems to me the lords really needs people to pay those taxes, come to think of it you have been addressing me as a Muslim, lemme give you what God would have said on state issues of such:
Yes the lord[b]s [/b] i guess your own Lord is included. Tell me why is it compulsory for muslims to pay yearly tax known as Zakat? This 1 that you seem to have problem with tax paying(though it was copy and paste) is like you seem to promote tax evasion. Now i can safely conclude you don't perform one of the five pillars of islam and thus condemned to hell.
What about non muslims? Here's what your loving Allah prescribed;
9:29, Fight those who believe not in
Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that
forbidden which hath been forbidden
by Allah and His Messenger, nor
acknowledge the religion of Truth,
(even if they are) of the People of the
Book, until they pay the Jizya with
willing submission, and feel themselves
subdued.
So you're to keep killing those non muslims until they pay jizya. The Quran mentioned nothing of what they re to pay. This is clear extortion. They pay the jizya and feel like second class. My bible you're condemning says every one is equal.
Now your Lord is being charged with two offenses.
1) collecting taxes ...although i see nothing wrong with that, you seem to suggest it's a crime.
2) Extorting jizya from non muslims. Pay jizya or get killed. Muslims re right after "there's no compulsion in religion" it's actually a choice non the less it's extortion. The case is your court.

O ye who believe! obey Allah, and obey the Messenger and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day: that is best, and most suitable for final determination. (4: 59).
Well the verse is not really referring to today's muslims or is it? 1 nobody has heard from Allah for the last 1400yrs(or has anybody hear from him at all? Certainly he never spoke to mo himself). 2) muhammad has been dead for the last 1400yrs as well.
So if we've a case of rapè how do we solve it? The Quran never mentioned the punishment of råpe and even if it did how's a woman going to prove her case given that the punishment of a woman is half and cannot be accepted. In many cases the woman re killed for adultery or asked to marry the rapïst. How do we solve this?
"put away from among yourselves that wicked person" Yeah that's what what am quoting nice way to get fellowship is to condemn people, i think u should start practicing more of that, because alreadyi cant get enough of that every day.
Don't use the word "will" seems to me like he has already been doing that "And Jesus spends half of the time judging people.
Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! .... You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell! (Matthew 23:29-33) yet he says "Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. (Matthew 7:1-2)" and we are suppose to follow him in everything so which of these do we do?
Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. (Matthew 7:1-2)
Evil certainly has to be condemned. Not to judge doesn't mean you won't condemn evil. Rom2;1 Do you, my friend, pass judgment on others? You have no excuse at all, whoever you are. For when you judge others and do the same thing they do, you condemn urself." In another place Jesus said first remove the peck in your eyes before you see the log of wood in others. You see he never said don't remove that peck. What the bible is preaching against is hypocrisy. Some peeps just don't get.
Yeah, of cos it's just a figure of speech, that don't qualify as racism to you huh? please try to see the reaction of an African-american when a white man calls him Nigger not to talk about been called a dog to one's face. Figure of speech ba?
Jesus is the king of metaphors. This reference was notmeant as an insult.
To quote from Life Application Study Bible in reference to Matthew 15:24 :
Jesus' words do not contradict the truth that God's message is for all people. After all, when Jesus said these words, He was in Gentile territory on a mission to Gentile people. He ministered to Gentiles on manyother occasions also. Jesus was simply telling the woman that Jews were to have the first opportunity toaccept Him as the Messiah because God wanted them to present the message of salvation to the rest of the world. Jesus was not rejecting the Gentile woman. He may have wanted to test her faith, or He may have wanted to use the situation as another opportunity to teach that faith is available to all people.
Had she taken what He said as an insult, as it may sound to us today, her faith would have been damaged and her daughter would not have been healed. It is obvious that she understood His reference as nothing more than a metaphor. Much thesame as we are referred to as sheep. You can find many more answer at http://christianity.stackexchange.com/questions/2837/why-did-jesus-refer-to-gentiles-as-dogs
whatever happened to 1 corinthians 5:13But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person, yeah!!!!Throw out the wicked one from among you, but do not resist him.
the two of them are two different scenarios. Bad mind they say corrupt good ones. What was said in the matt5:39 was shuning of violence.
abeg o! how in the world does that explain, Woe to the world for temptation! ...And if your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life maimed or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and throw it from you; it is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell of fire. (Matthew 17:7-9)We don't see a lot of self-mutilated one-eyed or one-handed Christians walking around
Pls go get a bible or better still google it and stop fooling yourself. I know the passage you're talking about but matthew17:7-9 says
7 and Jesus having come near, touched them, andsaid, `Rise, be not afraid,'
i know the website you copied all this from. http://www.truthbeknown.com it's an atheist site. It's say some not so good stuff about Allah and Muhammad. I hope you can refute them cus i will certainly bring them up
My bad! if that sounds off to you, lets look at this u know what? when i was a little boy, if i encounter someone really stronger than me physically, i try to show respect and talk nicely so i don't get the whopping of my life, on the contrary when i think amphysically stronger, thats when i remember i got alota power
and don't abuse your power when you get it. As a little boy you don't wanna get whipped by someone physically stronger than you, therefore you get stronger don't do it to another. That's exactly what the bible preaches.
Luke6:31 Do for others just what you want them to do for you.
This is known as the golden rule
But what does your Quran teach?
(48:29) It says: " Muhammad is the messenger of Allah; and those who are with him are strong against Unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each other
.”

This is the perfect definition of fascism. There are many other verses that show the brotherhood in Islam is not universal. The rest of mankind have no rights and should not be treated in the same way that Muslims are to be treated. The entire Quran is the breach of the Golden Rule. Quran tells Muslims to slay the unbelievers wherever they find them (
2:191 ), do not befriend them ( 3:28 ), fight them and show them harshness (
9:123 ), and smite their heads ( 47:4 ).
Muslims like to do all these evil things to others but they do not like reciprocation. Islam is not in conformity with the Golden Rule.
Really!!!! eating human flesh and drinking blood is not cannibalism? please check the dictionary for what cannibalism means, and dont tell me it's was referring to bread and wine, if that's the case, then all i need to do is visit a bakery and a brewery, and i get to abide in him and he abides in me. i think i already did that today. or does the wine have to be alcoholic?
pls what did Jesus give them? You're free to go to bakery and brewery and do whatever you like.
f cos ayam, and that's what i preach against, i just hope more real christian faithfuls will abide by it(no shaking of hands, no hugging, ....., infact no touching, and always cover their head), of cos i wasn't referring to those that just calls themselves Christians because we have same in other fates.
touching a woman inappropriately that's what the verse is talking about. 1conrinthians only asked women who's shaved their hair bald to cover it. 1cor11:14-15 why, nature itself teaches you that long hair on a man is a disgrace. But on a woman is a thing of beauty. Her long hair has been given her to serve as a covering
So don't think hijab is forced on our women like you do to urs.
May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the fellowship of the holy spirit be with us all.
Amen

(1) (2) (Reply)

Thirteen Reasons Why The Doctrine Of Original Sin Is False / Atheists Don't Know That Atheism Is Also A Tool To Control And Limit. / As We Await Tomorrow's Anti Christian Threads On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.