Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,744 members, 7,831,376 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? (3618 Views)

Poll: Mallam Ribadu: True Nigerian Hero or Villian in disguise?

He is a true hero: 73% (65 votes)
Villian in disguise: 26% (24 votes)
This poll has ended

Little Girl Tells Nuhu Gidado She Will Be A Deputy Gov Too / President Jonathan; A Villain Or A Hero? / Madam Ayoka Adebayo - Villain Or Heroine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by GeeCee(m): 12:46pm On Jan 18, 2008
He is a hero. Let's give it 2 him; he really tried.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by obi99: 1:33pm On Jan 18, 2008
Hero? Ribadu? Probably NOT, but the idea of a relentless anti-corruption campaign with an effective slogan of "Anywhere you hide on the planet, we'll find you" is what Nigeria needs now.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by faketan(m): 1:41pm On Jan 18, 2008
The truth is that it takes alot of gut to even do the so-called selective justice.

So if you will be able to do a selective justice and do it well, you can as well do a total justice well. This means that he had boundaries set for him by his employer and he did not cross it. If the boundaries were lifted, he would have done more as he was about doing before he was nipped at the bud.

Do not forget that if he had overstepped his boundary, he might not have stayed to even do the much we all acknowledged he did.

He did well and there is still good room for improvement. Nigeria is a complex giniko.

let the next build on what he has done and we will be better for it.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by realdemi(f): 1:45pm On Jan 18, 2008
dasilver22:

@All those calling Ribadu "Villian" and all sort of names; what would u do if given his position? I'm sure all of u will shrink and run away like sissies! All what u guys are good at is opening your rotten mouths and pouring out polluted words.

Ribadu did what most of us can't even think of doing! He took the bulls by their horns and dragged them to the slaughter. Lets be frank, the man is a HERO

You say it as it is. Many people think it is a kid's play to be in government or be a public office holder especially in a place like Nigeria. it takes a man with guts to do many of what Ribadu did. He had his idiosyncracies and blind spots, but who doesn't?
Abeg, leave story.

@faketan
simple and short.

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by gbolah1(m): 2:39pm On Jan 18, 2008
I think the man need to be commended

No doubt about it that Ribadu is been selective but we need to realised that in 80 and 90 no body believed that top corrupt politician can be prosecuted as it was now.

It is true he (Ribadu) carry out is master plan to go again who ever opposed him but we need to realised that all the people he was chasing they are truly corrupt and they are not been cover by then Mr president.

My believed is that if he (Ribadu) try to go after people loyal to obj by then he would have been sack but he need to just do as his boss said that go after my opponent alone

So at this point i can (consider) him as hero
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by deor03(m): 2:50pm On Jan 18, 2008
Nuhu Ribadu   is a true Hero.  

In power games you need the support of your boss to operate. Sad enough he worked with a BAD boss
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by shinystar(m): 3:40pm On Jan 18, 2008
A Villian for shielding OBJ and his cohorts from prosecution.

I admire the gut with which he went after people but who wouldn't with an OBJ's support .
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by weebee(f): 4:22pm On Jan 18, 2008
I dont even know where to place him
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by adamugo(m): 5:02pm On Jan 18, 2008
Call Nuhu Ribadu whatever, as for me i think he has come and done his best as a human being at least nobody is perfect.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by sukieboy(f): 5:18pm On Jan 18, 2008
This gentleman did his best. Pple say he was doing his employers dictates, is that not giving credit to the Master? It means the master was doing his job of fighting corruption as he was always shouting.

who says he was suppose to be a Perfect person?
very few will continue to work where they are as more that 70% of Nigerain workers fake their age to gain employment because of the ever fast increasing unemployment market.cheesy
so, he did his best and a very Good job at that.

God Bless him and his family.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by bawomol(m): 5:36pm On Jan 18, 2008
the organization seemed to have gotten big 4 him. this job isn't 4 one man.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by freelance(m): 5:50pm On Jan 18, 2008
He is Human cool
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by ndelta1(m): 6:22pm On Jan 18, 2008
I don't have options from the two posed, why because to me he is not an hero neither or a villain, he was a watch dog of Obasanjo lead goverment used by OBJ to fight against his political Opponents, My own hero is Adams Oshiomhole
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by Scatter(m): 6:57pm On Jan 18, 2008
NUHU RIBADU IS NOT ONLY A HERO BUT IS ALSO A LEGEND in the minds of 140million nigerians, in nigeria today it is not easy to dare hold this mamot giant bull called corruption by the horns and try  breaking its neck. Corruption has become a way of life in naija any body trying to fight it will be assasinated.
  NUHU RIBADU fought corruption without giving a rats as s on whos  ox was gored this man nuhu ribadu is a HERO AND A LEGEND   he beamed the bright halogen lights of anti-corruption on 1,000,000, square kilometer called nigeria man, 140million nigerians are not stupid or retarded we know what our biggest problem is, which is corruption
NUHU RIBADU YOUR NAME HAS ALREADY BEEN WRITTEN IN GOLD SORRY DIAMIOND IN THE MINDS OF 140MILLION NIGERIANS AND WE SAY A BIG THANK YOU grin INFACT 140million gbosas for ribadu gbosa gbosa gbosa,

those saying that ribadu was not perfect should go stick their head up their as ses (enemies of progress)
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by Saphiric1(m): 9:02pm On Jan 18, 2008
He is a hero no doubt because of the Nigerian terrain.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by songs4seun(m): 8:01pm On Jan 19, 2008
ribadu is a true hero. gbam
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by ruemu(m): 12:35am On Jan 20, 2008
NuHu is a brand now. I think we should start a biz line on that,
I expect that NuHu write a book,
OBJ ran naija d way a naija general run a garrisson
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by akara(m): 9:53am On Jan 20, 2008
He is no hero, he only did his job - a rare thing in Nigeria. Question should be if he did it well.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by sley4life(m): 11:18am On Jan 20, 2008
Nuhu Ribadu is not a hero, He is just sitting on the fence. Before I classify him as a hero he must have called OBJ for thorough investigation. Those culprit they have caught hasnt commited 1/10 of what OBJ has done. Is OBJ a saint that cant be touched? See anybody that is given Ribadu post will also do whatever he has done even better. So no one should call him a hero except u dont know what a Hero is, Ribadu tried his best but we cant call him a hero. If he is a hero then everybody in the country is a hero,
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by U1(m): 2:14pm On Jan 20, 2008
Not my hero, cause I don't take anybody as my hero, but the guy was good. Only God who knows all, knows the rest and He is sure to recompense him as he truly deserves. May God protect him though.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by tlops(m): 11:40pm On Jan 20, 2008
well like some one said he did not apply common sense to his duty. he seems to think EFCC is his throne and therefore only death sjould dethrone him. he should have bowed out humbly rather than trying to resist authority. then he would have been an hero. he is also a proud and disrepectful officer.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by yommy69(m): 9:42am On Jan 21, 2008
Malam Nuhu Ribadu is NOT a HERO. He is just a popert of a cult who used him as their chief executioner
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by dayokanu(m): 1:03pm On Jan 21, 2008
He is not a saint, He has his own shortcomings, blah blah blah Can we apply this excuses to Abacha too at least he tried so failed bank executives.

How come EFCC picked and dropped Bode George, did not get Andy Uba even cleared him for Governorship, Iyabo Obasanjo, Gbenga Obasanjo and Olusegun Ubasanjo himself.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by dasilver22: 3:47pm On Jan 21, 2008
dayokanu:

He is not a saint, He has his own shortcomings, blah blah blah Can we apply this excuses to Abacha too at least he tried so failed bank executives.

How come EFCC picked and dropped Bode George, did not get Andy Uba even cleared him for Governorship, Iyabo Obasanjo, Gbenga Obasanjo and Olusegun Ubasanjo himself.

Please read my earlier reply. IT'S FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by dayokanu(m): 4:41pm On Jan 21, 2008
@All those calling Ribadu "Villian" and all sort of names; what would u do if given his position? I'm sure all of u will shrink and run away like sissies! All what u guys are good at is opening your rotten mouths and pouring out polluted words.

Ribadu did what most of us can't even think of doing! He took the bulls by their horns and dragged them to the slaughter. Lets be frank, the man is a HERO.

Ribadu took the bulls by the horn just like he did with Iyabo, Gbenga Obasanjo (Given the recent revelation of the corruption that they perpetrated the last time out).

Gen Buhari also dealt with corrupt civilians and had then jailed under he obnoxious Decree 2. Is he a hero or a villain?

Is Col Mustapha a hero or a villain? He served his master well but at the detriment of the perceived enemies of his master.

Sgt Rogers served his master well and diligently even killing innocent people- Enemies of his boss for Abacha. SO is he a hero or a villain? A Hero to his paymaster and a villain to every other person.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by chyke37: 1:06pm On Jan 29, 2008
NUHU HERO?THINK TWISE.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by chyke37: 1:24pm On Jan 29, 2008
Hello,

lets not deceives ourselves,

Nuhu is a pure political tool used to stop oppositions,

Nuhu and Maurice Iwu(lawless man)is used as a political tools,

note iwu means law but the man law is a lawless man,

NOW READ MY STORY,

PTDF, NUHU INDICTED ATIKU OBJ CLEARD

NUHU INDICTED NIGIGE ANDY UBA CLEAN

MAURICE IWU REMOVED HIM FROM ELECTION LIST SINGLE HANDEDLY(LAWLESS MAN)

NUHU INDICTED IBRAHIM OF AC IN ADAMAWA IYAKO CLEARD,

BODE GEORGE IS ALSO IN GOOD LIST OBJ IS A SAINT DO YOU REMEMBER ALL THIS?

NUHU A HERO?THINK TWICE.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by goldgemini: 3:34pm On Jan 30, 2008
To me Ribadu is a HERO irrespective of whatever anyone says. Finish.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by Feesha: 8:24pm On Feb 01, 2008
HE IS A HERO AND HISTORY WILL JUDGE HIM.

Tawa-temi. i like your write up and support cool
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jan 14, 2010
d guy's got guts.he did wot many nigerians will fear 2 do.it's obvious dat he was working 4 d luv of naija n not necessarily his salary.of course everyone makes mistakes n he's no exception.i luv him a great deal he's part of d people picking d pieces of naija 2geda
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by Prince22(m): 5:34pm On Oct 15, 2010
Ribadu is a principle Man, if guided well and trusted his doings, he can rule this country, though, his people will not allow him , he has made his un4gotable result in this country
But we need total revolution in this country

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? / Hillary Clinton Rocks Nigerian Dress / Painful: Ojukwu Betrayed And Abandoned Us- Ex Biafra Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.