Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,019 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (598) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2399628 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 9:47pm On Feb 06, 2020
Abagworo:

Clap for yourself you just wrote absolute thrash. Ihedioha tried but still could not destroy 1/100 of Okorocha's legacies. I thank God the destroyer in chief is gone while Uzodinma has serious work to redeem Imo State at least to the level it was few days before Ihedioha. God bless Okorocha, Araraume and Uzodinma.
expecting 419ner turned politician to redeem imo ..make sense

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 6:39am On Feb 08, 2020
I don't know why these PDP guys are still wailing; Imolites who care about the development of the state are already excited about the progress made thus far with Mazi Hope Uzodinma as governor.

Ndi Imo have moved on; it's not like Hope Uzodinma is a Yoruba or Hausa man.

Meanwhile, he just approved 30k minimum wage. Everyone should watch Gov Uzodinma closely as he is under immense pressure to perform.

This administration could potentially replicate what happened in Anambra State under former governor Ngige when he was manipulatively made the governor, compelling him to keep his nose to the grindstone just to impress Ndi Anambra. That era would set a high standard for governance in the state. To date, they are still benefitting from it.

If a similar scenario plays out in Imo State, it means that God has settled Imo State for good. I have a strong feeling that Hope will maintain this momentum throughout his first tenure. And if that happens, Ndi Imo will gladly vote for him in 2023.

Why I like my people is that we are not obsessed with parties like other states in Nigeria, Nah. We vote for the right candidate - irrespective of party affiliations. But somewhere along the line, the governors lose their minds and become power-drunk, which often derails governance.

Bottomline: All eyes should be on Gov. Hope Uzodinma because he is under immense pressure to impress Ndi Imo

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 8:12am On Feb 08, 2020
SoNature:
I don't know why these PDP guys are still wailing; Imolites who care about the development of the state are already excited about the progress made thus far with Mazi Hope Uzodinma as governor.

Meanwhile, he just approved 30k minimum wage. Everyone should watch Gov Uzodinma closely as he is under immense pressure to perform.

This administration could potentially replicate what happened in Anambra State under former governor Ngige when he was manipulatively made the governor, compelling him to keep his nose to the grindstone just to impress Ndi Anambra. That era would set a high standard for governance in the state. To date, they are still benefitting from it.

If a similar scenario plays out in Imo State, it means that God has settled Imo State for good. I have a strong feeling that Hope will maintain this momentum throughout his first tenure. And if that happens, Ndi Imo will gladly vote for him in 2023.

Why I like my people is that we are not obsessed with parties like other states in Nigeria, Nah. We vote for the right candidate - irrespective of party affiliations. But somewhere along the line, the governors lose their minds and become power-drunk, which often derails governance.

Bottomline: All eyes should be on Gov. Hope Uzodinma because he is under immense pressure to impress Ndi Imo
comment bookmarked for future reference on how easy it is to deceive people.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:05pm On Feb 08, 2020
Update from 40-40 roundabout building

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 08, 2020
This is where you should be mktinsight.
Charity begins at home.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by XANDERBOY85: 10:25pm On Feb 08, 2020
SoNature:

Please do yourself a favour and keep your mouth shut! People are taking advantage of their freedom of speech and protest! If you and your shameless, thieving thug of a usurping governor don’t like it, then hand back the seat you stole with the help of Buharis’ kangaroo Supreme Court! Simple!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ScotMisile: 2:31am On Feb 09, 2020
MelesZenawi:
This is where you should be mktinsight.

Charity begins at home.
You need to free yourself bruv. Nobody buys land on Nairaland. You can make your comments on any topic of discussion.

A Yoruba man created Nairaland. I wonder what would have happened if your kind created Nairaland or Anambraland.

It's only on the land you bought with your money, you can exercise total authority.

Nairaland is every Man's right.. ..and your feelings can't change it... .Betterstill, go and create a website and censor whoever registers.. .To ensure they are from Anambra state.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:02am On Feb 09, 2020
ScotMisile:

You need to free yourself bruv. Nobody buys land on Nairaland. You can make your comments on any topic of discussion.

A Yoruba man created Nairaland. I wonder what would have happened if your kind created Nairaland or Anambraland.

It's only on the land you bought with your money, you can exercise total authority.

Nairaland is every Man's right.. ..and your feelings can't change it... .Betterstill, go and create a website and censor whoever registers.. .To ensure they are from Anambra state.

I knew you must talk.

You didn't even bother to ask why I formally referred him here?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 6:18am On Feb 09, 2020
Abagworo:
Update from 40-40 roundabout building
The architecture is madddd

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 6:16pm On Feb 09, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

Please do yourself a favour and keep your mouth shut! People are taking advantage of their freedom of speech and protest! If you and your shameless, thieving thug of a usurping governor don’t like it, then hand back the seat you stole with the help of Buharis’ kangaroo Supreme Court! Simple!

Wail on, papi

I just shared my thoughts
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 5:12pm On Feb 10, 2020
EXCLUSIVE: Imo panel uncovers N112.8bn ‘stolen by banks’ under Okorocha

committee set up to investigate the finances of the Imo state government under the Rochas Okorocha administration says it has uncovered N112.8 billion “dubious debts” owed the state by nine commercial banks.

It said the monies owed by the banks were claims from various infractions, including unexplained debits as well as penalties arising from such, in their dealings with the state government.

Some of the questionable debits from the state’s accounts, according to the panel, are:

excess penal claim
excess COT charges
excess interest on authorised overdraft
excess interest collections on loans
wrong debits recovery
double reversals
inappropriate facility fees
excess advisory and processing fees
excess management fees collections on disbursement
net loss on investment of short term facility.
The panel was set up by Emeka Ihedioha, immediate past governor of the state, with the mandate to review all financial transactions of the state during the eight-year administration of Okorocha, now a senator.

In a February 6 letter to Hope Uzodinma, Ihedioha’s successor, the committee said while the banks are to refund the state N74.6 billion as principal amount from alleged infractions and penalties, they are to pay another N38.2 billion as principal sum and penalties.

IMO’S CLAIMS SUMMARY AGAINST NINE BANKS

The letter, signed by Abraham Nwankwo, the committee chairman and former director-general of Debt Management Office, said part of the N38.2 billion arose from various debits from the state accounts without “proper” narrations.

TheCable obtained a copy of the letter.

It read: “Based on the joint report of the consortium of consultants, the nine banks that came under review were to refund the sum of N74,602,631,560.46 to the state as principal amount involved in such infractions and attendant penalties.

“In addition, the sum of N38,221,701,806.96 were to be claimed covering the principal sum and attendant penalties arising from the aggregation of debit entries to the state accounts without proper narrations and for which no explanation was provided to the committee despite repeated demands.”

The committee added that while formal demands for the refunds were issued to the banks on December 3, 2019, a majority of them were yet to respond after the 30-day deadline.

It said it was considering a number of measures to recover the funds, but suspended further action following Ihedioha’s removal from office.

It asked Uzodinma to ensure recovery of the funds as it would be a “grave and historical insult, assault and financial rape of the state if the recovery is not vigorously pursued under whatever excuse”.

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-imo-panel-uncovers-n112-8bn-stolen-by-banks-under-okorocha

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 2:13am On Feb 15, 2020
XANDERBOY85:

INEC gave Emeka Ihedioha the mandate to govern Imo state.

INEC collected the mandate from Ihedioha and gave it to Hope Uzodinma.
The Supreme Court, the highest arbiter of disputes settled the 2019 gov election petition in Imo state.
So who do you say stole a mandate?
It's being a lawless citizen to protest against what a supreme Court has settled.
Must you talk down on others the way you did?

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:06pm On Feb 16, 2020
MXrap:
Okoroawusa wasted resources building sub standard rubbish everywhere, this rat hole he called tunnel collapsed almost immediately he handed over. But the cursed miserable miscreant called abagworo said that it was Ihedioha that spoilt it.

Really, I will like to enter that tunnel next time I head home.

I want to know what exactly is wrong with it. If I may ask, is it the tunnel along Obinze/Portharcourt road?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:10pm On Feb 16, 2020
Osagyefo98:

You mean public water supply system is the Only thing Orlu zone needs.

I don't know if it's just me, but reading the comments here have made me ask the same question.

Is there something special about these water project that makes some people only scream water, water?

Does it mean all the roads in Orlu are tarred, schools are of international standard, industries are much there?

I just want to know, abeg
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 1:21pm On Feb 17, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

I don't know if it's just me, but reading the comments here have made me ask the same question.

Is there something special about these water project that makes some people only scream water, water?

Does it mean all the roads in Orlu are tarred, schools are of international standard, industries are much there?

I just want to know, abeg
In bold.

No place without public water supply system develops into a modern place.

Nobody will ever leave Owerri where there has been public water supply, and come to build in Orlu where natives sink private water boreholes.

Ajegunle, Orile and Owerri were all jungle cities when Owerri lost its public water supply system between 2010 to 2020.

Go to America, Europe, Asia and even good African countries, no place uses private water boreholes, unless in isolated settlements.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 1:26pm On Feb 17, 2020
Orlu has people far behind in development politics.

Only Orlu person will tell you that they have private water boreholes everywhere in Orlu, therefore they want roads first, not public water supply system.

The Orlu man never understands that indiscriminate sinking of water boreholes can cause landslides that cause the roads to collapse. He doesn't understand that untreated water from boreholes are deadly.

My prayer is for Owerri people blink an eye and help Orlu people save Orlu area from total wreck.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 1:50pm On Feb 17, 2020
Since it now appears like let every gov develop his senatorial zone in Imo state, all it shall take now is a little money for a gov from Okigwe zone to activate Okigwe regional surface water supply project to make the LGAs in Okigwe zone to have public water supply system. Imo state govts after Mbakwe till Udenwa had put more than N10 billion in Okigwe water project. Okigwe water project was commissioned by late president Yar Adua in 2008, but why Ohakim could not reticulate water from it is only known to him.

It's only a fraudulent gov who would abandon Okigwe regional surface water supply project and go to sink water boreholes instead for public water supply for people in Okigwe senatorial zone.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Christmasdon(m): 3:20pm On Feb 17, 2020
EVERYONE LOVES IMO STATE, IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN TO OWERRI MY BROTHER N SISTER YOU LOOSING IT.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 4:21pm On Feb 17, 2020
Christmasdon:
EVERYONE LOVES IMO STATE, IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN TO OWERRI MY BROTHER N SISTER YOU LOOSING IT.

Owerri has become Imo state for some of you. But rest of Imo state outside Owerri are decadent.
Okorocha Rochas made it so.

We stand now to change that "Owerri is Imo State" narrative. Emeka wanted to uphold that narrative. But Karma said no and sacked Emeka

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Christmasdon(m): 2:34pm On Feb 18, 2020
kikake:

Owerri has become Imo state for some of you. But rest of Imo state outside Owerri are decadent.
Okorocha Rochas made it so.

We stand now to change that "Owerri is Imo State" narrative. Emeka wanted to uphold that narrative. But Karma said no and sacked Emeka
.MIND YOU, EMEKA IHEDIOHA IS COMING.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Imo1stson: 7:13pm On Feb 19, 2020
The end of Rochas government seems to have brought the astronomical development of Imo State to a permanent halt. I feel so bad that the rate of development has dropped even with the coming of Uzodimma and the euphoria that greeted it. We all thought that with removal of Ihedioha Imo would return to what it used to be but no much difference. Only Ebonyi is experiencing rapid infrastructural development presently.

Today same old tactics played out with acquisition of vehicles for Police. This is the 3rd in less than 2 years.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by marshman293: 5:43pm On Feb 20, 2020
development in imo became stagnat when Rochas left.only ebonyi is experiencing massive infrastructural growth in almost every inch of its territory

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by marshman293: 5:49pm On Feb 20, 2020
The Ebonyi state multi billion naira shopping mall. Touted to be the biggest in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by marshman293: 5:52pm On Feb 20, 2020
Ezeilo water supply system,recently built to supply water to every nook and cranny of Abakiliki metropolis

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by marshman293: 5:59pm On Feb 20, 2020
ebonyi is now an investors delight

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by marshman293: 6:01pm On Feb 20, 2020
just that

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by marshman293: 6:04pm On Feb 20, 2020
development is fast

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by marshman293: 6:06pm On Feb 20, 2020
the truncation and confusion in the political heights of imo state is not helping matters. Events like this chases away investors cos they would be scared of putting their money that they may not be sure of getting returns

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by rdokoye: 9:01pm On Feb 20, 2020
marshman293:
the truncation and confusion in the political heights of imo state is not helping matters. Events like this chases away investors cos they would be scared of putting their money that they may not be sure of getting returns

Not exactly, it's economic policies that scare away investors. Those who have invested aren't at risk of losing anything, so they have nothing to fear. When the political issue is over, then the state will return to its usual pace of development. Anambra went through it, now it's Imo's turn.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nadio2019: 1:01am On Feb 22, 2020
Obioma people.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SmartPolician: 12:54pm On Feb 22, 2020
Imo1stson:
The end of Rochas government seems to have brought the astronomical development of Imo State to a permanent halt. I feel so bad that the rate of development has dropped even with the coming of Uzodimma and the euphoria that greeted it. We all thought that with removal of Ihedioha Imo would return to what it used to be but no much difference. Only Ebonyi is experiencing rapid infrastructural development presently.

Today same old tactics played out with acquisition of vehicles for Police. This is the 3rd in less than 2 years.

Oga, stop this obsession with Rochas.

How come you were the only one seeing all that?

Please move on, Rochas already has.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Biafrarep(m): 4:38pm On Feb 25, 2020
marshman293:
ebonyi is now an investors delight

Umahi is the best thing that happened to Ebonyi since it's creation. The more he keeps performing these wonders in Ebonyi, the more I believe that all Abia governors since 1999 to date should be shot. Abakaliki is now light years ahead of Umuahia and may soon overtake Owerri if they continue at this pace. Enugu state current governor is another disgrace while Imo state has been thrown into confusion with their abracadabra supreme Court ruling.

Umahi has really given Ebonyi people a pride of place. Nobody can mock them again for being backward again. Once Umahi completes his infrastructural revolution, their next governor must focus on human capital development because that's where they are still lacking seriously.

(1) (2) (3) ... (595) (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.