Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (599) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2399618 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) ... (1019) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Hyperchi(m): 5:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
marshman293:
development in imo became stagnat when Rochas left.only ebonyi is experiencing massive infrastructural growth in almost every inch of its territory

Was imo moving forward during Rochas, what was job creation index. Have u been to doglas market inside Owerri, did u see what he did, have u been to the secretariat, most office run on generator and only when the permanent secretary is around they on it, I have a first hand experience,
There is no coverage for bad govt, have u been to futo and see how they use solar to power some building.
Have u been to any local govt and see how it looks like. My bro I see imo and cry. My God decipline us to help ourselves
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Hyperchi(m): 5:39pm On Feb 25, 2020
Let us say the truth Emaka was not playing there. Most road u see was not commission in one month of hope govt. They were planned to kick off this year.
That why it still ongoing even when the new govt never made any monetary arrangement for it.

If he made it show me the headline

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 11:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
marshman293:
Ezeilo water supply system,recently built to supply water to every nook and cranny of Abakiliki metropolis

Engr. Umahi is taking Ebonyi state to Level A+.

Afikpo that was a small town in Okigwe shall soon become more modern and urbanised than Okigwe.
If not for former gov Evan Enwerem from Owerri who refused to complete Okigwe and Orlu water supply projects he inherited from Mbakwe, this type of water project in Ebonyi would have been in existence in Okigwe and Orlu zones.

Watch, anytime a useful gov in Imo state starts to complete Okigwe and Orlu water projects, petitions shall fly upandan from Owerri people that the gov is neglecting state capital, the same manner they bitterly fought Okorocha over location of IMSU in Ogboko.

Did Okigwe and Orlu commit original sin for being in the same state with Owerri?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 10:15am On Feb 26, 2020
Biafrarep:

Umahi is the best thing that happened to Ebonyi since it's creation. The more he keeps performing these wonders in Ebonyi, the more I believe that all Abia governors since 1999 to date should be shot. Abakaliki is now light years ahead of Umuahia and may soon overtake Owerri if they continue at this pace. Enugu state current governor is another disgrace while Imo state has been thrown into confusion with their abracadabra supreme Court ruling.

Umahi has really given Ebonyi people a pride of place. Nobody can mock them again for being backward again. Once Umahi completes his infrastructural revolution, their next governor must focus on human capital development because that's where they are still lacking seriously.

I need to correct an impression here.

While I appreciate the good works of Gov. Dave Umahi, you should know that you never get to finish the work on infrastructure.

Even the United States is still fixing her infrastructure.

So, Ebonyi State must find a way to empower her people while she works on her infrastructure at the same time. Those guys do some of the most disgusting jobs in Nigeria and are often exposed to harms.

I just hope that another visionary leader would continue from where Umahi would stop in 2023 because we all know the hero-to-zero Enugu experience.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Modarun(m): 7:47pm On Feb 27, 2020
SoNature:

I need to correct an impression here.

While I appreciate the good works of Gov. Dave Umahi, you should know that you never get to finish the work on infrastructure.

Even the United States is still fixing her infrastructure.

So, Ebonyi State must find a way to empower her people while she works on her infrastructure at the same time. Those guys do some of the most disgusting jobs in Nigeria and are often exposed to harms.

I just hope that another visionary leader would continue from where Umahi would stop in 2023 because we all know the hero-to-zero Enugu experience.
why is that you owerri people like talking rvbbish, Imo sate is becoming a one city state but all y'all want to do is say development are in phase. Thunder strike that phase. Its either the other zones of IMO is developed or no governor for owerri. The rest of the zones in the state will going to play opposition or join any party to make sure its that way. Develop other parts and stop these selfishness.

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 7:58pm On Feb 27, 2020
Modarun:
why is that you owerri people like talking rvbbish, Imobsate is becoming a one city state but all y'all want to dobis to say development is by phase. Thunder strike that phase. Its either the other zones of IMO is developed or no governor for owerri. The rest state would play opposition or join any part to make sure its that way. Develop other parts and stop these selfishness.

Oga, you high?

I don't see how your comment connected to mine.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 9:58pm On Feb 27, 2020
Modarun:
why is that you owerri people like talking rvbbish, Imobsate is becoming a one city state but all y'all want to dobis to say development is by phase. Thunder strike that phase. Its either the other zones of IMO is developed or no governor for owerri. The rest state would play opposition or join any part to make sure its that way. Develop other parts and stop these selfishness.

Too late, too bad.
Worst is that if any governor wants to extend some devt projects outside Owerri zone, the same Owerri people are ready to set fire on Imo state against that.

Any citizen who suggests extension of govt development projects to Orlu and Okigwe zones is regarded by Owerri people as a strange personality.

Owerri people have profited million times million times, more, at the total exclusion of people of Orlu and Okigwe from creation of Imo state.

Cost of landed property is the measure of modernity in a place. Cost of landed property is sky-high in Owerri area, but rock-bottom in Orlu and Okigwe.

Owerri man sells a plot of land, he becomes an instant multi millionaire.
All the protests against Supreme Court judgement is from the section of Owerri which championed the location of all govt development projects in Owerri. They want to use Ihedioha to consolidate the trend of devt infrastructures in Imo state must be for only Owerri area.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Modarun(m): 10:48pm On Feb 27, 2020
kikake:

Too late, too bad.
Worst is that if any governor wants to extend some devt projects outside Owerri zone, the same Owerri people are ready to set fire on Imo state against that.

Any citizen who suggests extension of govt development projects to Orlu and Okigwe zones is regarded by Owerri people as a strange personality.

Owerri people have profited million times million times, more, at the total exclusion of people of Orlu and Okigwe from creation of Imo state.

Cost of landed property is the measure of modernity in a place. Cost of landed property is sky-high in Owerri area, but rock-bottom in Orlu and Okigwe.

Owerri man sells a plot of land, he becomes an instant multi millionaire.
All the protests against Supreme Court judgement is from the section of Owerri which championed the location of all govt development projects in Owerri. They want to use Ihedioha to consolidate the trend of devt infrastructures in Imo state must be for only Owerri area.

Don't mind the greedy slobs, the seat of governorship shall continie to elude them.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 10:27am On Feb 28, 2020
Modarun:

Don't mind the greedy slobs, the seat of governorship shall continie to elude them.
you should be asking how development of imo has been going under udenwa rochas and now uzodinma. ..funny thing all these complaints have been going on without someone from owerri zone been governor for more than a year..are you thinking at all?

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 8:07pm On Mar 03, 2020
The Hive, Avato, Play Royal and Cuebar all in one entertainment center New Owerri.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:09pm On Mar 03, 2020
Abagworo:
The Hive, Avato, Play Royal and Cuebar all in one entertainment center New Owerri.
You forgot frosty haven, their latest addition basically pastry.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ScotMisile: 9:49pm On Mar 03, 2020
What @about City Cruise hotel?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by AKswift: 10:09pm On Mar 03, 2020
Imagine this area when fully built up with the lush green ecosystem!...l love the layout!!

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:14pm On Mar 03, 2020
Royal Spring Palm Resort and Apartments owned by Nkechi Okorocha is a beautiful holiday destination located at Akachi area of Owerri.

4 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 04, 2020
ONGOING REFINERY CONSTRUCTION IN IMO STATE, NIGERIA.
-Check out the Pictures Of a Refinery Under Construction in Imo State (See pictures)

Mar 2, 2020 6:09 PM

Waltersmith Petroman Oil Limited has sought the support of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation to ensure access to constant feedstock for its refinery operations.
The company is building a modular refinery in the Ohaji/Egbema Local Government Area of Imo State. the Waltersmith Refinery project located at Ohaji/Egbema in Imo State of Nigeria is expected to start production by May 2020.

Nigeria is Africa’s largest crude producer, yet it lacks the refining capacity to meet its own fuel needs and through projects like these, the country is effectively making the move towards addressing this issue.
With this in place I believe that half of the Nigerian oil refinery problem is over. The refinery which is targeted to deliver 25,000 bpd crude and condensate refinery; designed to produce gasoline, diesel, LPG, kerosene and aviation fuel, is expected to be ready by May 2020.

6 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:35am On Mar 05, 2020
Abagworo:
Update from 40-40 roundabout building

@Sanctity454, please is this the architecture that you say is madddd?

When you say madddd, do you mean it's great or what? I really want to k ow what you mean if you don't mind, Sir.

Thanks
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:41am On Mar 05, 2020
Hyperchi:

Was imo moving forward during Rochas, what was job creation index. Have u been to doglas market inside Owerri, did u see what he did, have u been to the secretariat, most office run on generator and only when the permanent secretary is around they on it, I have a first hand experience,
There is no coverage for bad govt, have u been to futo and see how they use solar to power some building.
Have u been to any local govt and see how it looks like. My bro I see imo and cry. My God decipline us to help ourselves

Your comment on local government really made me laugh. I stand to be corrected, it's only ANAMBRA state among all southeast states that have standard local government buildings. Although, on a side note, I believe the chairmen can work on that themselves through the tax they collect from businesses in their local governments
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:45am On Mar 05, 2020
kikake:

Engr. Umahi is taking Ebonyi state to Level A+.

Afikpo that was a small town in Okigwe shall soon become more modern and urbanised than Okigwe.
If not for former gov Evan Enwerem from Owerri who refused to complete Okigwe and Orlu water supply projects he inherited from Mbakwe, this type of water project in Ebonyi would have been in existence in Okigwe and Orlu zones.

Watch, anytime a useful gov in Imo state starts to complete Okigwe and Orlu water projects, petitions shall fly upandan from Owerri people that the gov is neglecting state capital, the same manner they bitterly fought Okorocha over location of IMSU in Ogboko.

Did Okigwe and Orlu commit original sin for being in the same state with Owerri?

My brother, I love the fervency with which you push the agenda of your people forward.

But I'll like to know, all these governors that abandoned the ORLU region at the expense of other regions, ain't they from ORLU region?

I am asking cos u seem to be blaming the OWERRI people for that. I'll really like to know why you love placing the blame for the inability of ORLU region to get government water on the OWERRI people... It just doesn't make sense to me

(I hope it doesn't sound offensive, because I just want to know)

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:48am On Mar 05, 2020
asha80:
you should be asking how development of imo has been going under udenwa rochas and now uzodinma. ..funny thing all these complaints have been going on without someone from owerri zone been governor for more than a year..are you thinking at all?

Mehn, this is what I have been saying. How many times have someone from Owerri zone been governor for them to have this kind of power/influence being ascribed to them.

From my own point of view, people complaining from the other region are just too petty in that they don't want to blame the governors for the lack of development in their region, considering the governors are their "brother's", so they look for a suitable "scapegoat" to lay the blames on
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:50am On Mar 05, 2020
Abagworo:
Royal Spring Palm Resort and Apartments owned by Nkechi Okorocha is a beautiful holiday destination located at Akachi area of Owerri.

Sorry, did u say holiday destination? Was thinking its an estate for rent

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by SoNature(m): 7:32am On Mar 05, 2020
Abagworo, nice one.
Now that your man is in power, I Hope you populate this thread with his development strives.
My instincts tell me that he will disappoint those who expect him to fail.
As long as I see a better Imo, I don't give a hoot who's wailing because people will always wail.
No dull moment with you.
Please keep 'em coming.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 05, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

@Sanctity454, please is this the architecture that you say is madddd?

When you say madddd, do you mean it's great or what? I really want to k ow what you mean if you don't mind, Sir.

Thanks
Great
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:09pm On Mar 05, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Your comment on local government really made me laugh. I stand to be corrected, it's only ANAMBRA state among all southeast states that have standard local government buildings. Although, on a side note, I believe the chairmen can work on that themselves through the tax they collect from businesses in their local governments

Imo has very good local government buildings as well. It's just a matter of political fight over zoning of Givernorship that made some section of the State dedicate time and money on trying to project negative Image and story of the State.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by IDeyNL: 9:11pm On Mar 05, 2020
Abagworo:

I was here last December. Mehn that place is on its own level
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:12pm On Mar 05, 2020
SoNature:
Abagworo, nice one.
Now that your man is in power, I Hope you populate this thread with his development strives.
My instincts tell me that he will disappoint those who expect him to fail.
As long as I see a better Imo, I don't give a hoot who's wailing because people will always wail.
No dull moment with you.
Please keep 'em coming.

Hope na guy man. He will never fail cause he knows the business of chop I chop while we work.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Duru1(m): 10:33pm On Mar 05, 2020
kikake:
Since it now appears like let every gov develop his senatorial zone in Imo state, all it shall take now is a little money for a gov from Okigwe zone to activate Okigwe regional surface water supply project to make the LGAs in Okigwe zone to have public water supply system. Imo state govts after Mbakwe till Udenwa had put more than N10 billion in Okigwe water project. Okigwe water project was commissioned by late president Yar Adua in 2008, but why Ohakim could not reticulate water from it is only known to him.

It's only a fraudulent gov who would abandon Okigwe regional surface water supply project and go to sink water boreholes instead for public water supply for people in Okigwe senatorial zone.

There have been Imo State governors from Okigwe who had, at least, one term of 4 years of governance. Mbakwe and Ohakim were from Okigwe zone. Only Ewerem from Owerri zone and he did not last more than six months as governor of Imo State. Owerri is the capital of Imo State as Abakaliki is the capital of Ebonyi State. Besides Abakaliki, what other town is mentioned in Ebonyi State with respect to development?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Maduawuchukwu(m): 12:06am On Mar 06, 2020
Abagworo:

Hope na guy man. He will never fail cause he knows the business of chop I chop while we work.

Look at the shameless thing you put there. So Hope the fraudster is in office to resume chopping our common wealth where Okorocha stopped right? Just thank your stars for the unexpected removal of Ihedioha. Una for see pepper.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by XANDERBOY85: 12:31am On Mar 06, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:

Look at the shameless thing you put there. So Hope the fraudster is in office to resume chopping our common wealth where Okorocha stopped right? Just thank your stars for the unexpected removal of Ihedioha. Una for see pepper.

Sadly, he's exhibiting the typical mindset of the average Nigerian to politics! This is why Nigerian politicians are, for the most part, shameless and would do anything to impose themselves on the people as we now see with Imo!

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:48am On Mar 06, 2020
Abagworo:

Imo has very good local government buildings as well. It's just a matter of political fight over zoning of Givernorship that made some section of the State dedicate time and money on trying to project negative Image and story of the State.

Really? Please, if you don't mind, can you mention some LGAs with good local government buildings?

Thanks
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by asha80(m): 6:51am On Mar 06, 2020
Maduawuchukwu:

to think I used to take him seriously before

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by kikake: 11:06pm On Mar 07, 2020
Duru1:

There have been Imo State governors from Okigwe who had, at least, one term of 4 years of governance. Mbakwe and Ohakim were from Okigwe zone. Only Ewerem from Owerri zone and he did not last more than six months as governor of Imo State. Owerri is the capital of Imo State as Abakaliki is the capital of Ebonyi State. Besides Abakaliki, what other town is mentioned in Ebonyi State with respect to development?

Rakwa nshi with State capital.

Who told you that state govs must concentrate on building state capital, but abandon rest of the state?

Who told you that capital must host all six universities and polytechnics in a State?

One example, so long as Owerri zone doesn't let go IMSU still on temporary location in Owerri, to be permanently located in Orlu zone, people of Owerri zone are insulting everybody in Orlu zone.

Owerri carried every dirty propaganda against every Imo state gov who wanted to remove IMSU from Owerri zone to Orlu zone.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Modarun(m): 11:45pm On Mar 07, 2020
kikake:

Rakwa nshi with State capital.

Who told you that state govs must concentrate on building state capital, but abandon rest of the state?

Who told you that capital must host all six universities and polytechnics in a State?

One example, so long as Owerri zone doesn't let go IMSU still on temporary location in Owerri, to be permanently located in Orlu zone, people of Owerri zone are insulting everybody in Orlu zone.

Owerri carried every dirty propaganda against every Imo state gov who wanted to remove IMSU from Owerri zone to Orlu zone.
dont mind the heediats. They say to themselves that they are smart. But they don't know that the tree they climbs on to brag others are standing on the ground next to the trunk to always cut them down. Just a few weeks ago they were floading this space with how well Ihedioha was perfoeming, everything was working, boom the court kicks him out, they changed tone, now Imo is dead. He hehe, I was at a point campaigningbfor their zone to win, maybe that will help fix the problems, but no I was reminded on how Orlu and Okikwe under Mbakwe wasted their zones opportunity now is their turn. Everywhere you go People brag that their entire state is growing, go to Ana bra, they have Nnewi, Awka, OSHA, but in Imo everything has to be sited in Owerri. Owerri have all the relevant schools, all the infrastructurss and what not. They think we dont know why? but too.much sense is actually bad. No owerri zone governor until the rest of Imo get there fair share of govt infrastructures.

(1) (2) (3) ... (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) ... (1019) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.