Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Few Pics From Imo State - Politics (602) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few Pics From Imo State (2416771 Views)

Prof. Anthony Onwuka, Ministerial Nominee From Imo State, Would be Screened Out / Oboy See Heavy Accident Along Rivers Express Way (with Few Pics) / Few Pics From My Brief Trip To Abuja To Meet A Cankerworm. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (1021) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 9:56pm On Apr 09, 2020
manchy7531:

You talk like a senseless fuul atimes all because of politics. Are all IMO people foolish for voting who they wanted during the elections, before they got robbed by the shameless court? Are u cursed or under a spell?

That same road was closed by Ihedioha to reconstruct it to standard, since your shameless boss did a poor job there, thereby putting human lives at risk. Be careful what your wish for before you attract curse upon yourself. May your life be governed and directed the way your boss Rochas governed Imo state. #Spit

Sorry you are not from Imo. The road was constructed by Ohakim not Okorocha. Ihedioha closed down the flyover and tried to link the failed Ohakim road to Okorocha but Uzodinma came and rebuilt the road without noise. That's what leadership is all about. The foundation road part built by Okorocha was in a worse state when Ohakim left in 2011 but became a highbrow area with Dubai road under Okorocha but Ihedioha deliberately arranged dumping of refuse and sand on the road in order to facilitate possible destruction but God removed him timely for Uzodinma to clean it up.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by manchy7531: 10:14pm On Apr 09, 2020
Abagworo:

Sorry you are not from Imo. The road was constructed by Ohakim not Okorocha. Ihedioha closed down the flyover and tried to link the failed Ohakim road to Okorocha but Uzodinma came and rebuilt the road without noise. That's what leadership is all about. The foundation road part built by Okorocha was in a worse state when Ohakim left in 2011.

SMH
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:22pm On Apr 09, 2020
And before you claim it's a photoshop here's video of the road in 2019. No heaps of refuse and no sand, well lit and beautiful. God surely rescued Ndimo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IY4DcrAtxc

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by ScotMisile: 4:08am On Apr 10, 2020
When an empty head speaks, he covers his intellectual emptiness with curses,insults and offences.
As a wise fellow, what do you do?...Well some said silence is the best way to answer such foolish and intellectual emptiness.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:26am On Apr 11, 2020
Precious4real50:
This road will not more than 6 months

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool

What happened to your previous moniker? I never expected seeing you on this thread. Lol
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:29am On Apr 11, 2020
Abagworo:

That’s Egbeada road linking the flyover and foundation road which Ihedioha closed. Imo thread is back to action as development has resumed again. May the curse like Ihedioha never befall Imo again.

Please, are you telling me they just started working on that road? I wanna believe looking at the state of things there that the contract was given by the dismissed administration.

Correct me if I'm wrong
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:39am On Apr 11, 2020
Please, I will like us to do something now. We've been going back and forth about what which government did and which government didn't do, it's time for us to move forward.

[b]So, my question is, if you were to advice the state government, headed by Hope Uzodimma to concentrate on two things between now and the end of the year, what will they be?

Note: when I say concentrate, I don't mean he'll jettison other aspects, it's my way of saying which two areas of the economy should he focus MORE on BETWEEN NOW AND THE END OF THE YEAR

(note the time frame, so list things that are ACHIEVABLE within the time frame)
Also, when listing, let's try as much as possible to be specific. For example, if I want to mention road construction, I'll say: Road construction- Dualization and standardisation of road from Owerri to Okigwe, Health sector: Rehabilitation and renovation of Imo State University Teaching Hospital at Orlu... Now, that's what I meant by specifics.

(Note that these mentioned above are just for examples, I don't even know where the teaching hospital is, in Orlu)

@Abagworo... ScotMisile... Kikake... Manchy7531... Asha80... Sanctity454... Dedetwo... McStoic and others

Please pardon me if your moniker wasn't mentioned. Let's just list, we never can tell

(I believe we all pray for a better Imo state, irrespective of who is in power)
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Dedetwo(m): 6:05am On Apr 11, 2020
Abagworo:

That’s Egbeada road linking the flyover and foundation road which Ihedioha closed . Imo thread is back to action as development has resumed again. May the curse like Ihedioha never befall Imo again.

https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/11335052_fbimg1586442781720_jpegdf7f2ae89095e44393becae9bffe4f5b

Why would he close a link road such as Egbeada?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 11, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:
Please, I will like us to do something now. We've been going back and forth about what which government did and which government didn't do, it's time for us to move forward.

[b]So, my question is, if you were to advice the state government, headed by Hope Uzodimma to concentrate on two things between now and the end of the year, what will they be?

Note: when I say concentrate, I don't mean he'll jettison other aspects, it's my way of saying which two areas of the economy should he focus MORE on BETWEEN NOW AND THE END OF THE YEAR

Also, when listing, let's try as much as possible to be specific. For example, if I want to mention road construction, I'll say: Road construction- Dualization and standardisation of road from Owerri to Okigwe, Health sector: Rehabilitation and renovation of Imo State University Teaching Hospital at Orlu... Now, that's what I meant by specifics.

(Note that these mentioned above are just for examples, I don't even know where the teaching hospital is, in Orlu)

@Abagworo... ScotMisile... Kikake... Manchy7531... Asha80... Sanctity454... Dedetwo... McStoic and others

Please pardon me if your moniker wasn't mentioned. Let's just list, we never can tell

My two kobo will be:
-completion of the owerri ring road, with interchange where necessary.
-Dualization of Owerri Mbaise road with interchange at Egbu
-Completion of old owerri road at Nkume orlu with a dual carriage to Imsuth
- Force the LGAs to start to interlock street roads especially in urban centers or asphalt them in the rural areas
-dualize okigwe -owerri road up to owerri city
-completion of that multi level carpark and lease it out
-Revisit the 27 hospitals, complete the incomplete ones and lease them out as low as 400k annual rent
-Revisit the imo connectivity highway is a very nice idea
-Rehabilitate the regional water scheme in orlu and Okigwe
-Engage serious estate developers to develop new district in the city of Owerri
-Map out 500 to 1000 hecs of land provide infrastructure needed give out the land for free to whom ever is ready to erect minimum of 8floors building and above within a stipulated time frane
With this we have the first CBD in the SE

3 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:22am On Apr 11, 2020
sanctity454:

My two kobo will be:
- Force the LGAs to start to interlock street roads especially in urban centers or asphalt them in the rural areas
-Revisit the 27 hospitals, complete the incomplete ones and lease them out as low as 400k annual rent
-Map out 500 to 1000 hecs of land provide infrastructure needed give out the land for free to whom ever is ready to erect minimum of 8floors building and above within a stipulated time frane

Your list of demand is good but too enormous for any government to complete in 4 years without the support of people. It brings back my idea of how Nigeria can develop which is by patriotism, sacrifice and dedication by all and sundry. Presently people believe government is a super power having all the resources to develop our land meaningfully but I don't. The same way Imolites came together to build the Imo Airport in the past is also the same way Imolites shall make Imo the most outstanding State in Africa but all that is needed is reawakening.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 11, 2020
Abagworo:

Your list of demand is good but too enormous for any government to complete in 4 years without the support of people. It brings back my idea of how Nigeria can develop which is by patriotism, sacrifice and dedication by all and sundry. Presently people believe government is a super power having all the resources to develop our land meaningfully but I don't. The same way Imolites came together to build the Imo Airport in the past is also the same way Imolites shall make Imo the most outstanding State in Africa but all that is needed is reawakening.
So whats your suggestion dede m
But i believe the CBD concept will work like magic, don't you think so?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:44am On Apr 11, 2020
Abagworo:

I thought you meant too enormous to be completed until I read "without the support of the people".

You are correct, although if you check what he wrote, there are situations where he included the private sector.

To you, what will you recommend for the government to focus on between now and the end of the year, something that can be started and completed within this time frame
Thanks
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:45am On Apr 11, 2020
sanctity454:

My two kobo will be:
- the first CBD in the SE

Waoh. Without trying to sound sarcastic, I love the way your thought cut across the major zones in Imo state to avoid cries of marginalisation. Thats really nice of you

Let's take a pick from your list, which two will you recommend to be completed before the end of the year?

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:51am On Apr 11, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

I thought you meant too enormous to be completed until I read "without the support of the people".

You are correct, although if you check what he wrote, there are situations where he included the private sector.

To you, what will you recommend for the government to focus on between now and the end of the year, something that can be started and completed within this time frame
Thanks

To me those things are easy but unity in purpose remains the key. The private sector can easily develop all of Igboland if we sweep aside many differences and put our land first but that will be difficult at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Dedetwo(m): 10:59am On Apr 11, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Are you serious? The post and demand therein are illogical. Logicality cannot converge with illogicality. At modest stance, you could have asked what the Uzodincho could have meaningfully achieved at the end of his term.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 11:03am On Apr 11, 2020
Yampotatocarrot:

Waoh. Without trying to sound sarcastic, I love the way your thought cut across the major zones in Imo state to avoid cries of marginalisation. Thats really nice of you

Let's take a pick from your list, which two will you recommend to be completed before the end of the year?

The first two, the last one will progress at it's own pace
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworro: 11:11am On Apr 11, 2020
I wonder why anyone would be expecting any meaningful thing from a well known 419 kingpin called Uzodimma.

It is very unfortunate that Imo state already overtaking Abia state as the worst state in Nigeria.

Nobody should expect any development from a fraudster that swindled a lot of white men in the 90s when he was living Festac Lagos, now he has Imo state treasury on his palms.

By the time Uzodimma is done even a failure called Okoroawusa despite all his collapsed substandard projects will look good when compared with what Imo state will face under the 419 kingpin called Uzodimma.

Imo state is in trouble for another 8yrs, after okoroawusa wasted 8yrs with nothing to point to as a project.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Dedetwo(m): 11:20am On Apr 11, 2020
Abagworo:

You are even heavy handed to the OP who asked for One year period. The responder whom you responded with above post did not think or reason the OP asked for one year span. Again, this is one reason Africans tend to have problems. Africans usually do not look before taking a leap. grin grin
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 1:52pm On Apr 11, 2020
Dedetwo:

Are you serious? The post and demand therein are illogical. Logicality cannot converge with illogicality. At modest stance, you could have asked what the Uzodincho could have meaningfully achieved at the end of his term.

Looooooooooooooooooool, I understand the angle you are coming, trust me, I completely do.

But, you'll be wrong to say it's illogical, are you saying the state government can't start and finish one or two tangible projects between now and end of the year?

Pardon me to use this illustration, I stay in Lagos and we all applaud Fashola when he was governor of Lagos. There was a period he started doing inner roads in the state. Working with LSPWC (public works commission), they'll come to an area (note not a street), and within the space of four months ALL THE STREETS and drainages in those areas will be fixed, plus streetlights. How long did it take him to sanitise Oshodi, and I don't think any where in the whole Imo is currently as messed up as Oshodi was.

Our elders say, "Na small small them dey chop elephant." If the government decided to take these projects in chunks, before you know it, you'll realise a considerable amount of development has been achieved.

This practice of lumping up everything together is the reason for several uncompleted projects because most times such projects extend beyond the present government's tenure and God help you if the next government doesn't like the project. Isn't it the same thing with our Visions in Nigeria, Vision 2020, vision this and that.

Let's take things gently and when we put the pieces together, we'll find out we've achieved something as a people and a government.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by maimalari: 2:11pm On Apr 11, 2020
manchy7531:

You talk like a senseless fuul atimes all because of politics. Are all IMO people foolish for voting who they wanted during the elections, before they got robbed by the shameless court? Are u cursed or under a spell?

That same road was closed by Ihedioha to reconstruct it to standard, since your shameless boss did a poor job there, thereby putting human lives at risk. Be careful what your wish for before you attract curse upon yourself. May your life be governed and directed the way your boss Rochas governed Imo state. #Spit
For your info, neither ihedioha nor uzodinma won that election. They’re both unelectable as at 2019. Someone else won the election by a very wide margin but was shortchanged by the duo of uzodinma and ihedioha.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Biafrarep(m): 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2020
Abagworo:

Sorry you are not from Imo. The road was constructed by Ohakim not Okorocha. Ihedioha closed down the flyover and tried to link the failed Ohakim road to Okorocha but Uzodinma came and rebuilt the road without noise. That's what leadership is all about. The foundation road part built by Okorocha was in a worse state when Ohakim left in 2011 but became a highbrow area with Dubai road under Okorocha but Ihedioha deliberately arranged dumping of refuse and sand on the road in order to facilitate possible destruction but God removed him timely for Uzodinma to clean it up.

You're a very dishonest human being. Why would you snap different road portions while labeling them as same??

The same 419 spirit in Rochas and the supreme Court governor seems to be in you as well.

Tufiakwa!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 11:43am On Apr 12, 2020
Biafrarep:

You're a very dishonest human being. Why would you snap different road portions while labeling them as same??

The same 419 spirit in Rochas and the supreme Court governor seems to be in you as well.

Tufiakwa!!

I don't have time for you. I will upload video soon so that you will shut your mouth. Whatever I've written here is 99% true from my 1st comment to last.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAER1XNbQ6Y

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 9:52pm On Apr 12, 2020
Dedetwo:

Of course, I wrote silly Orlu. You have remained silly in your arguments about the development in Imo State as if Orlu is the only thing God created after a loaf of bread. I guess you are the only soul from the backwater called Orlu who had traveled to USA and Europe. It is certain when a process is silly the end product remains also silly.

Backwater Orlu, and silly Orlu? all from you for describing a part of your Imo state - Orlu. You are a most hate-filled. Are you not a dullard? Even those Yoruba monikers on NL would not describe a part of Nigeria with this hatred. What do you lose if Orlu develops into a modern town? Orlu shall rise again with good governors. By the 1970s, there was only a little difference in urban size between Owerri and Orlu.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Amah70: 10:02pm On Apr 12, 2020
Abagworo:

I don't have time for you. I will upload video soon so that you will shut your mouth. Whatever I've written here is 99% true from my 1st comment to last.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAER1XNbQ6Y

You have returned to this thread with your misleading pictures and entries that left the impression that Imo state is Owerri capital territory. Owerri is not up to 5% of the land mass of Imo state for which Imo state was created for development. This was how you Okorocha media people led Rochas to today's situation of ignominy. Who taught you and Rochas Okorocha that state was created for development of state capital first, before other towns in the state? The boulevard you showed in video, how many vehicles passed through it? But there are other parts of Imo state whose streets need common two lane asphalt to save people living on the streets from inhalation of dust.

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 10:48pm On Apr 12, 2020
Amah70:

You have returned to this thread with your misleading pictures and entries that left the impression that Imo state is Owerri capital territory. Owerri is not up to 5% of the land mass of Imo state for which Imo state was created for development. This was how you Okorocha media people led Rochas to today's situation of ignominy. Who taught you and Rochas Okorocha that state was created for development of state capital first, before other towns in the state? The boulevard you showed in video, how many vehicles passed through it? But there are other parts of Imo state whose streets need common two lane asphalt to save people living on the streets from inhalation of dust.

My friend mechie onu. Okorocha is no longer Governor and it will take a miracle for any Governor to achieve 1/100th of him again. Ihedioha has come and gone with nothing to show. Uzodinma is better but I know for sure that he can never achieve Okorocha's level of infrastructural and economic development of the State. Orlu your town was just a roadside settlement in 2011 but by 2019 you won't say the same. Videos and pictures are everywhere to prove me right no matter how truth is twisted. Since Okorocha to you couldn't do enough just take stock of all his projects including roads, bridges, markets, hospitals, ICT centers, Scholarships, Universities outside Owerri, Campuses of Universities and Polytechnics outside Owerri, moving ministries to other areas outside Owerri then wait for the next 20 years by God's grace to see if they can be equaled.

This was your main town Amaigbo road in 2011.

1 Like

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 9:00pm On Apr 13, 2020
sanctity454:
Ongoing work at Egbeada -Onitsha road
Seems they are making provision for sidewalk
nice one, at least work had resumed in Imo state. Uzodimma is indeed a serious governor.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 9:00pm On Apr 13, 2020
sanctity454:
Ongoing work at Egbeada -Onitsha road
Seems they are making provision for sidewalk
nice one, at least work has resumed in Imo state. Uzodimma is indeed a serious governor.
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by B2mario(m): 9:07pm On Apr 13, 2020
sanctity454:

My two kobo will be:
nice idea

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Abagworo(m): 12:19am On Apr 14, 2020
New pharmaceutical company in Orlu, Imo State.

5 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 14, 2020
Abagworo:
Nice one, Akuruo ulo mood

2 Likes

Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Maduawuchukwu(m): 9:26am On Apr 14, 2020
Abagworo:

Is it a factory?
Re: Few Pics From Imo State by Nadio2019: 11:02am On Apr 14, 2020
sanctity454:

My two kobo will be:

You are closest to reality of what Imo State govt of Uzodinma needs to do.

But there are scores of dilapidated or yet to be paved urban roads in Orlu with uncompleted urban drainage gutter project.

These urban roads are fully or mostly built with houses occupied by humans.

Orlu and Okigwe regional surface water supply projects need to be completed.

Imo must have a second modern City outside Owerri. Orlu fits the bill with the immense size of the urban settlement already in Orlu but with no interconneting roads.
Once Orlu gets a dependable public water supply system, we don't need to be building housing Estates upon housing estates in Owerri, because people shall migrate from Owerri to settle in Orlu.

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (1021) (Reply)

Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.