Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,789 members, 7,851,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:41 AM

Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria (45118 Views)

Omotola's Husband Must Hear This (photo) / Woman Accuses Omotola's Husband Of Bleaching On Instagram / Omotola's Husband Shaves His Beard For Work (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by yam: 9:03pm On Sep 22, 2012
dasparrow: @Post

I bow for Nigerian journalists. They can't even spell the word 'actresses' and their way of writing is so childish. Why do Nigerian journalists always have to mention a person's skin complexion? Is that really necessary? Anyways, I am sure Capt. Ekeinde will find another job. Push come to shove, he can live off his wife's income in the meantime till he secures employment again.

seriously am worried abt this practise.i think u only try to use his complexion if there is anoda Capt Ekeinde who is also in Air Nigeria odawise there is no need

i will be happy if i can corrected
Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by Africasjolie: 9:04pm On Sep 22, 2012
And so what? The said airline sef has suspended operation for the next 12months so whether sacked or unsacked either way the guy wont be working.That aside heard the guy got mulla he must have had investments somewhere beside he could get another job na captain o.Ah someone that got jobs frm 2 big airlines,sosliso nd airnigeria,my omotola nd hubby will be fine.Abeg pass let's worry abt sumtn else una don chop? lol

2 Likes

Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by Lakayana: 9:05pm On Sep 22, 2012
ebamma: and it made the frontpage,so many ordinary nigerians lose their jobs everyday, whats the big deal there?
He is not ordinary do you think it is easy to marry OMOSEXY?

1 Like

Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by Africasjolie: 9:06pm On Sep 22, 2012
ebamma: and it made the frontpage,so many ordinary nigerians lose their jobs everyday, whats the big deal there?
Thank you o as we're speaking someone jst lost his/her job lol.Come to think of it they were 800 staffes that got sacked o but picked on only capt matthew cos na omotola's hubby lol
Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by violent(m): 9:07pm On Sep 22, 2012
Jimoh Ibrahim is one ruthless, i-no-send-ya-mama murafucker!
Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by 9jvirgin(m): 9:09pm On Sep 22, 2012
What is this?
Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by ajf(m): 9:13pm On Sep 22, 2012
Make em go drink garri for house nah! Abi wetin concern me...

1 Like

Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by violent(m): 9:14pm On Sep 22, 2012

I bow for Nigerian journalists. They can't even spell the word 'actresses' and their way of writing is so childish. Why do Nigerian journalists always have to mention a person's skin complexion? Is that really necessary? Anyways, I am sure Capt. Ekeinde will find another job. Push come to shove, he can live off his wife's income in the meantime till he secures employment again.

I think you are demanding too much from people who have only received too little.

The pay of a Journalist isn't very attractive, neither is the prospect of risking a lot to source for news item....add that to the fact that these same people attended the same epileptic educational training available for sale in Nigeria and you may start feeling some sort of sympathy rather than outright condemnation.
Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by pendo89(f): 9:14pm On Sep 22, 2012
It is still sketchy where the light skinned pilot will be heading to,

lol that caught my attention even though I know neither. Why the description?
Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by dasparrow: 9:15pm On Sep 22, 2012
Sijo01:

live on the wife's income for the meantime? Are you trying to say the guy has no savings/investment?

@Bolded

How am I suppose to know? Do I live in their home? And no, that is not what I was trying to say. I said "if push comes to shove" meaning if all else fails (example: taking longer than usual to get a new job, savings account exhusted, the likes), he can always fall back on his wife's income till he finds his feet again. What's so wrong in a man living off his wife's income temporarily? I thought in marraige 2 become 1 and whatever belongs to the husband belongs to the wife and vice versa?
Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by pafestula(m): 9:16pm On Sep 22, 2012
I wonder oooo... Wen people better dan him re even making casket, so what is the debate all about on NL? Am too busy for all dis crap pls!
Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by Dreamflyin(m): 9:16pm On Sep 22, 2012
4 all d busy bodies on nairaland, any experienced pilot is a hot cake. They dnt stay jobless 4 more dan 3weeks. Wat matters is seniority level, n hw much he's gonna b paid.
Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 22, 2012
Hmmm. Now that can get nasty. He definitely has some funds/investments to fall back to. . . undecided

And what's this "Jimoh" fellow feeling like? Disloyalty to the Company? shocked

undecided
Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by tellwsdom: 9:23pm On Sep 22, 2012
A call and text message put through to his wife over his husband’s current state is yet to be replied.

These fools will never try minding their business....Man was sacked.. SO FECK WAT?? angry angry....Just imagine wetin dem dey call/text person wife for sad sad
Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 22, 2012
Who ever wrote that article is stupid. Nigerians own about 150 private jets and so many planes in various airline fleets. Pilots are needed everywhere, so this man can not be jobless for 5 days. Yes, I said 5 days.

3 Likes

Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by KINGwax(m): 9:24pm On Sep 22, 2012

chic2pimp:

Nigerian Journalism at it's absolute worst.

grandlexuz:

I was thinking on same lines. Terrible journalism skills. It seems to be all over the place.
you guys are jes as useless and low esteemed as whatever u condemn! But if foreign papers tweaked stories with adjective as, 'the african american president(referrin to obama), or the 200pounds wrestler, or the 6ft tall mother of two' you guys won't talk. Maybe u don't undstnd what writing entails. Pls go hang

1 Like

Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by Dakingpin: 9:25pm On Sep 22, 2012
Missy_B:

The husband of one of Nigeria’s hottest and most beautiful actersses, Omotola Jalade- Ekehinde, Captain Matthew Ekehinde has been thrown into the labour market.

Captain Matthew was among the 800 staffers relieved of their duties by the CEO of Air Nigeria, Barrister Jimoh Ibrahim few weeks ago over what he called disloyal and lack of commitment to the company.

However, we gathered that the father of four is seriously searching for a new job as at the time we are filing this report.

It is still sketchy where the light skinned pilot will be heading to, but an insider squealed that he is working so hard to get a new job at the troubled Arik Airline or better still, a very reliable foreign carrier that is ready to agree to his terms and conditions.

A call and text message put through to his wife over his husband’s current state is yet to be replied.

Captain Matthew, according to some of his friends is very diligent and committed to his work, but has been very unlucky with most of the airlines he had worked with.
It would be recalled the pilot had worked with the defunct airlines; Skyline and Sosoliso before joining Air Nigeria few years ago.
so what should i do. Should i start boiling beans

1 Like

Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by kayswag100(m): 9:27pm On Sep 22, 2012
where is d garri crew na? Oooooooo!
Nd i m a huge fan...
Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 22, 2012
tellwsdom:

These fools will never try minding their business....Man was sacked.. SO FECK WAT?? angry angry....Just imagine wetin dem dey call/text person wife for sad sad

Just plain annoying if you ask me. undecided
Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by dasparrow: 9:33pm On Sep 22, 2012
violent:

I think you are demanding too much from people who have only received too little.

The pay of a Journalist isn't very attractive, neither is the prospect of risking a lot to source for news item....add that to the fact that these same people attended the same epileptic educational training available for sale in Nigeria and you may start feeling some sort of sympathy rather than outright condemnation.

Oh please! If you must know, I attended a greater part of my primary education and all of my secondary education in Nigeria before leaving the country and excelling academically in college here in the States. I believe that if you are going to do a job, then do it well. We should stop celebrating or excusing mediocrity in Nigeria. If journalism does not pay well, then I guess it is time for a career change.

Why would anyone who calls himself or herself a journalist consistently write "the light skinned pilot" or "the dark skinned actress"? What has one's skin tone got to do with anything? Why the fixation or downright obsessions with skin tone amongst many Nigerians? Is it inferiority complex rearing its head again? And anyone who can't spell the simple word 'actresses' should not be called a journalist or practice in the profession. Nigeria will never move forward if all we have in Nigeria today are educated illiterates who can neither write nor spell properly.

2 Likes

Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by strangest(m): 9:41pm On Sep 22, 2012
berem: no she will soon replace mukina as a moderator!

I pray she won't ban the garri republic though

1 Like

Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by dasparrow: 9:41pm On Sep 22, 2012
KINGwax: you guys are jes as useless and low esteemed as whatever u condemn! But if foreign papers tweaked stories with adjective as, 'the african american president(referrin to obama), or the 200pounds wrestler, or the 6ft tall mother of two' you guys won't talk. Maybe u don't undstnd what writing entails. Pls go hang

Please if you have nothing constructive to say, kindly ignore my post and never quote me again. I don't engage Nairalanders who are obviously emotionally and psychologically unstable. Anyone can access the internet nowadays including people living in mental institutions.

The United States of America is a racially diverse society so it will make sense to say the African-American president (African-American is a racial/ethnic classification). However, Nigeria is a Negroid country so unless the journalist writes "the Yoruba pilot" to refer to Captain Ekeinde's ethnicity, there is really no need to emphasize his skin tone. Anyways, keep wallowing in your ignorance. It's what many Nigerians are known and good for anyways. I'm out!

3 Likes

Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by dasparrow: 9:45pm On Sep 22, 2012
pendo89:

lol that caught my attention even though I know neither. Why the description?

It's because most Nigerians just have an inferiority complex that they sadly cannot be cured of and many are very obsessed with skin colour and skin tone. This is also the reason why many 'worship' members of the Caucasoid race who in turn treat them like crap right there in Nigeria.
Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by Coefficient(m): 9:45pm On Sep 22, 2012
Wetin concern my agbero with overload? He has been working as a pilot for years so getting another job won't be an outright problem for him.
This news is just laced with jealousy and bad-belleism. The yeye journalist even tried calling the wife to confirm her husband's job loss. Na wa oh
Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by bigtt76(f): 9:45pm On Sep 22, 2012
...Also a defunct Billionaire grin grin grin
dasparrow:

A now defunct Nigerian airline owned by Jimoh Ibrahim.
Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by Godjone(m): 9:46pm On Sep 22, 2012
If dem lyk make dem sack am na dia bizness. After al, d guy don make im money b4 and God blex am wit Omo sexy
Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by onlineadejoh(m): 9:47pm On Sep 22, 2012
Aw... God will see him true. It pays to be diligent though. Not withstanding that his wife is a successful actress, he keeps pushing, that's nice.
Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by vislabraye(m): 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2012
It seems the article was intended to ridicule him. He was retrenched but he can grab another job.
A pilot is a highly skilled professional. Do you think he's in the labour market like recent graduate.

I can imagine a journalist saying Arsene Wenger the light skinned graduate of economics... Some times these journalists are ridiculous. Not only is their expression wack, their grammatical construction can be terrible.
Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by ujchief(m): 9:52pm On Sep 22, 2012
The worst topics that makes it to frontpage comes from the celebrity section! Why is missy_B chocking the frontpage with 'irrelevant' news? Its only relevant at the celebrity section and should remain there!
If its not pix of i go die with a jeep, its pix of 2face and his latest wife. Wtfck?
If the gari gang infest this thrash naw, u'll start clicking ban like ur life depends on it. Bunch of gossips!
Nanscenze!

1 Like

Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by yamunla(m): 9:53pm On Sep 22, 2012
Nairalanders and their sharpness in spreading bad news..!!!
Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 22, 2012
I wonder what those people calling omotala to know the state of husband wanted to hear.

Everyday in Nigeria people lose their jobs and yet life continues and we don't hear a damn but omo hobby don lose his job and we are reading all over the internet.

What makes him so special than other Nigerians
Re: Omotola’s Husband, Capt. Matthew Sacked From Air Nigeria by cap28: 9:58pm On Sep 22, 2012

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

me and you think alike

how about the phrase "thrown into the labour market" i laugh i wan die grin grin grin grin grin
that is what i call naija english grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage Twerks For IK Osakioduwa (Photos) / Kemi Olunloyo Revisits Her "Beef" With Ada Ameh After Her Death / Olamide Smoking At Lagos Polo Club, Fans React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.