Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,173 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! (5960 Views)

My Brother's Fiancee Is An Ex-prostitute Have Slept With. Should I Tell / MY BROTHER IS Cheating On His Wife / Woman Whips Maid With Wire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 23, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 23, 2012
chaircover: Lock up ke?!!!! In Nigeria? a man that will bail himself in 2 hours and come home and beat the hell out of them again . . . The policeman she wants to report to, probably beat his own wife up that same morning.

The only thing I can suggest to the poster is to get your parents involved. They are still his parents and they should still be able to talk to him in a language that he understands regardless of whether he is the one feeding them or not.

As for your SIL all you can do is to explain to her the dangers of being seriously injured or even killed one day and what is being instilled in the watching kids. Tell her to take this seriously and go speak to her parents/family and even if it means that she has a trial separation until the husband comes back to his senses so should it be. She has a job, and if the man was/is as generous and rich as you say, then your SIL should have some savings to be able to fend for herself for a while until the man behaves himself.

I agree that the Police has a long way to go but lets not generalise what is not totally true. I dont know about other towns but Lagos and Abuja, Domestic Violence is taken very seriously. A lot of trainings, enlightenment and workshops have been organised by the police themselves to train and re educate officers and men on this issue and I have personally been impressed with the roles police played in some cases I am aware of.
I agree with part of your advice, just want to clear the first part up
Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 23, 2012
Thankfully, we are begining to remove our head from the sand and speak out. Thank God people are actually living to tell the story, baby steps but Thank God.
https://www.nairaland.com/1055951/domestic-violence-video-how-frank
The Walk Against Molestation in Lagos which encouraged Molestation victims to speak out; and the Peace Prayer Outreach in Kwara State which enriched the lives of those in need and advocated for understanding between religions. These efforts all served to promote peace, non-violence and solidarity within Nigeria and more importantly advanced the vision of Peace One Day.

Obiang who was once married to the 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' host, Frank Edoho said, "Just to dare to argue with your husband is like a challenge in your home. The woman is challenging the man and tempers flay and then you snap, then there is a slap. He says 'I am sorry it is a mistake' then says 'sorry I won't do it again,' then he does it again, again and again.

Narrating a particular incident, Hadiza, estranged wife of musician Zaki Adzay, said, "he slapped me on the face so (and said) 'get up you must abort this pregnancy today. Now that I am married to you, you want to hook me with pregnancy because I am a celebrity.' Then there was a wardrobe in our room so I put my tummy in there and then he continued beating me. He had some folic acid in his hand and said I should swallow it and abort the pregnancy. When he gave me I said he should allow me take water, thank God the door was open so I ran away."

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by Biggyd2: 12:26pm On Sep 23, 2012
OP, I believe in "for better, for worse". I also believe that it is only the living that can keep that oath. Encourage your brother's wife to report this matter to her or your family members. I don't think you will ever forgive yourself if for example the woman dies from these beatings. Also, this type of environment is not good for a child to be nurtured. It affects them psychologically, sooner or later. And if your sister-in-law is too afraid to talk, for her sake and for the sake of her children, report on her behalf. There are organizations that are out there to protect the rights of women. Contact them. Stop the violence today!

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by Biggyd2: 12:26pm On Sep 23, 2012
debrief08: Thankfully, we are begining to remove our head from the sand and speak out. Thank God people are actually living to tell the story, baby steps but Thank God.

Good one, thanks.
Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 23, 2012
11-year-old stabs dad to death for beating mom
By Jhunnex Napallacan
Inquirer Visayas

CEBU CITY, Philippines–An 11-year-old girl stabbed her father dead Sunday night after she saw him hitting her mother on the head and cutting her leg with a hacksaw inside their house in Argao town, 58 km south of this city, the authorities said.
The 38-year-old father was found dead on a vacant grassy lot a few minutes after he ran away from his daughter who stabbed him in the chest at about 11 p.m. inside their house in Barangay Canbanua, Argao.

The police took custody of the girl who was later turned over to the Department of Social Welfare and Development, said Insp. Alan Batobalunos, Argao police chief.

Batobalunos said the girl didn’t know that she killed her father. “Napatay nako si Papa ma? Mapriso ko (I killed papa, ma? Would I go to jail?” Batobalunos quoted the girl as asking her mother.

But he added the girl didn’t cry but instead told the police that they would not know what would happen to her and her two sisters if their mother was killed.

Their neighbor Miguel Tapales said they heard the couple arguing past 11 p.m. on Sunday. He said he just ignored it because they thought it was just one of the couple’s usual fights.

After several minutes, Tapales said the 11-year–old girl went to their house and asked for help.

“She asked for help because she feared that her father might come back and kill them. She said she stabbed her father after she saw that her father was cutting her mother’s leg with a hacksaw,” said Tapales in Cebuano.

Her mother was later brought to Isidro Kintanar Memorial Hospital in Argao and was released on Monday morning.

Perlita Buenaflor, another neighbor said they would always hear the couple quarreling. On Friday, the husband destroyed the wall of their house in the middle of the fight.

Buenaflor said the arguments were triggered by jealousy because the victim was allegedly a womanizer.

Batobalunos and the couple’s neighbors said the victim was fired from his job as a driver of a Department of Environment and Natural Resources personnel after he had an affair with a married officemate.

He then worked at the Office of the Mayor in Argao but lost his job again when he had a fling with another officemate.

Aside from the 11-year-old girl, the couple has two other daughters–a 13-year-old Grade 6 pupil and a two-month old infant.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/272162/11-year-old-stabs-dad-to-death-for-beating-mom
https://www.nairaland.com/1056020/11-year-old-stabs-dad-death-beating#12287822

Another example of "staying for the kids". Parents are meant to protect their kids not the other way round, No matter what happens now, her life and her mind will require God to be sane, an 11 year old killing her dad to protect her mother and sibblings. So painful
So many people I know who grew up in abusive homes say they have at one time or the other had to defend their mum and sometimes even fight their Das to stop the abuse. I know someone who says he went to school, was very involved in physical education with the sole aim of getting strong enough to fight off his dad. When he finally felt strong enough, one of those days the father attacked the Mother, and he swung on him and gave him a thorough beating to the old mans shock, and his own shock because he never knew he held so much anger and vengence in him, 3 people had to get him off. Abuse and violence has far reaching consequence on the same kids we say we want to protect from seperation

3 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by Johndoe100(m): 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2012
"Woe is me" has come again. Before you deliberately mislead those that are not here. There are in fact a community of damaged and activists in Lagos. To make them the norm is to show the lives of the Nollywood actresses and tell people that they are the "common folk". The truth is that in Nigeria a well to do man is virtually untouchable in the normal course of events. Let me give you an example of life in Nigeria in Lagos in fact:

A man I know, (yes, he lost his temper on a few occasions and had to put his woman in her place) was in a similar situation. His woman had found some damaged people similar to debrief08 and they started with this BS that she posted here. They tried to influence the kids all in secondary and universities. The children decided to support the mother. When push came to shove, the man went on strike, the millions ( and I mean millions that the ungrateful children spend in school fees etc) now was gone. The damaged ones now came with - get this " Yes, you were in University of London, but you can transfer to Yaba tech or Lagos Poly, they are good schools. Your younger ones can go to some schools around the corner". Needless to say before you could say Jack Robinson, the whole family had now discovered what an ungrateful woman their mother was. One of the boys actually drove the the "damaged ones" out of their house with threats of violence.

At the end of the day the foolish woman found herself alone and under very severe attack from all the members of her family, the children surprisingly now "remembered " what their mother does that would drive any sane man to violence. The Policemen involved became good friends with the man and drop by from time to time to "say hello" (those of you in Nigeria understand what this means).

Frankly women like debrief make me sick, they are just miserable people, who go around seeking other people to drag into misery with them. Lagos is as usual its hypocritical self. They make laws that everyone knows only apply to certain classes of people and certain people are untouchable. Sorry to say this , but as we all know Yoruba people just like strife and stress and in Lagos they have attracted a large number of nut cases to their inane causes.

debrief08:
Thankfully, we are begining to remove our head from the sand and speak out. Thank God people are actually living to tell the story, baby steps but Thank God.
The Walk Against Molestation in Lagos which encouraged Molestation victims to speak out; and the Peace Prayer Outreach in Kwara State which enriched the lives of those in need and advocated for understanding between religions. These efforts all served to promote peace, non-violence and solidarity within Nigeria and more importantly advanced the vision of Peace One Day.

Obiang who was once married to the 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' host, Frank Edoho said, "Just to dare to argue with your husband is like a challenge in your home. The woman is challenging the man and tempers flay and then you snap, then there is a slap. He says 'I am sorry it is a mistake' then says 'sorry I won't do it again,' then he does it again, again and again.

Narrating a particular incident, Hadiza, estranged wife of musician Zaki Adzay, said, "he slapped me on the face so (and said) 'get up you must abort this pregnancy today. Now that I am married to you, you want to hook me with pregnancy because I am a celebrity.' Then there was a wardrobe in our room so I put my tummy in there and then he continued beating me. He had some folic acid in his hand and said I should swallow it and abort the pregnancy. When he gave me I said he should allow me take water, thank God the door was open so I ran away."

Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by horny4u(f): 2:03pm On Sep 23, 2012
She is enjoying the whipping...its called BDSM. Ala 50 shades of condo.

You better not put your mouth .....least you are used as cane to beat your aunty.

Mind ya business !

[s]( the only victim here are the kids; a grown woman toys with her life....wot consin me)[/s]
Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 23, 2012
Johndoe100:

Frankly women like debrief make me sick.

Really? If that's how easy it is to get sick, then I think everyone on here just died from an epidemic of the bubonic plague or something just based on your foul presence here.

4 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 23, 2012
ileobatojo:

Really? If that's how easy it is to get sick, then I think everyone on here just died from an epidemic of the bubonic plaque or something just based on your foul presence here.

Seriously dear, why bother? This is the only attention some people get in real life, they will go as far as making up IDs holding a conversation with themselves and liking their own comments. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Abeg allow them to have their own fun jor, insulting me makes their lives complete, am glad to be off service

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by SisiKill1: 3:56pm On Sep 23, 2012
ileobatojo:

Really? If that's how easy it is to get sick, then I think everyone on here just died from an epidemic of the bubonic plaque or something just based on your foul presence here.

Dead!!

Rotflmaoo!!!! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by Johndoe100(m): 4:01pm On Sep 23, 2012
debrief08:
Seriously dear, why bother? This is the only attention some people get in real life, they will go as far as making up IDs holding a conversation with themselves and liking their own comments. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Abeg allow them to have their own fun jor, insulting me makes their lives complete, am glad to be off service

Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 23, 2012
ileobatojo:

Seun has made things easy for us. We are able to identify the spam bots amongst us. Once you see a name startin with "John.." and "rich". it simply means "ignore me cos I am very irrelevant ". When you see the above mentioned ids, Just let out a nice long fart on their posts and move on to the important users here.

They are spambots. Very unimportant spambots still looking for their identities, it is still where they left it -the bin.

Some of us have since learnt to ignore most times. I know they are lonely but that is why there is a place called a "Zoo" blessed with monkeys and gorillas to keep them company when the need for attention arises

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by SisiKill1: 4:02pm On Sep 23, 2012
When someone sees nothing wrong in a man depriving his kids of their basic needs just to show their momma. . .that's your cue to end the discussion because you are obviously not having it with a reasonable person.
Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 23, 2012
Sisi_Kill: When someone sees nothing wrong in a man depriving his kids of their basic needs just to show their momma. . .that's your cue to end the discussion because you are obviously not having it with reasonable person.

So true. That's why I didn't even bother addressing his total psychotic conclusion from that story he posted. I usually ignore him because I was sure he has just been trolling us with his constant nonsense but when he personally called someone out I just couldn't believe it.

debrief08:
Seriously dear, why bother? This is the only attention some people get in real life, they will go as far as making up IDs holding a conversation with themselves and liking their own comments.

grin grin grin grin

jennykadry:

Seun has made things easy for us. We are able to identify the spam bots amongst us. Once you see a name startin with "John.." and "rich". it simply means "ignore me cos I am very irrelevant ". When you see the above mentioned ids, Just let out a nice long fart on their posts and move on to the important users here.

Good advice. It's truly not worth the effort.
Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by Johndoe100(m): 4:16pm On Sep 23, 2012
====YAWNS====

The witches of the cabal have arrived. Tell me are you witches on some kind of signal?
Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by Johndoe100(m): 4:26pm On Sep 23, 2012
Essentially you have 1 major problem. You want to "drive richy and I away" from a public forum. Aside from the fundamental insanity that this aim exposes, you are one of the most disliked people on this board. The cabal may heed your call but will the more sane members? You should have sold this idea to the cabal and had the "acceptable face" of the cabal (Chaircover) be the arrowhead of the effort. Maybe the members would have followed her. But you? Hahahahahahahahaha, Iya aje good luck. Intelligence is required even in the simplest of tasks.

jennykadry:

They are spambots. Very unimportant spambots still looking for their identities, it is still where they left it -the bin.

Some of us have since learnt to ignore most times. I know they are lonely but that is why there is a place called a "Zoo" blessed with monkeys and gorillas to keep them company when the need for attention arises
Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 23, 2012
Moral of the story - women be financially independent.

When elephants fight its the grass that suffers.
Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 23, 2012
cotton101: Moral of the story - women be financially independent.

When elephants fight its the grass that suffers.
From the story, the Wife works, so this one is not about financial independence.
Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by dayokanu(m): 5:19pm On Sep 23, 2012
Is the woman enjoying it ?
Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by prixxy(f): 5:29pm On Sep 23, 2012
Johndoe100: "Woe is me" has come again. Before you deliberately mislead those that are not here. There are in fact a community of damaged and activists in Lagos. To make them the norm is to show the lives of the Nollywood actresses and tell people that they are the "common folk". The truth is that in Nigeria a well to do man is virtually untouchable in the normal course of events. Let me give you an example of life in Nigeria in Lagos in fact:

A man I know, (yes, he lost his temper on a few occasions and had to put his woman in her place) was in a similar situation. His woman had found some damaged people similar to debrief08 and they started with this BS that she posted here. They tried to influence the kids all in secondary and universities. The children decided to support the mother. When push came to shove, the man went on strike, the millions ( and I mean millions that the ungrateful children spend in school fees etc) now was gone. The damaged ones now came with - get this " Yes, you were in University of London, but you can transfer to Yaba tech or Lagos Poly, they are good schools. Your younger ones can go to some schools around the corner". Needless to say before you could say Jack Robinson, the whole family had now discovered what an ungrateful woman their mother was. One of the boys actually drove the the "damaged ones" out of their house with threats of violence.

At the end of the day the foolish woman found herself alone and under very severe attack from all the members of her family, the children surprisingly now "remembered " what their mother does that would drive any sane man to violence. The Policemen involved became good friends with the man and drop by from time to time to "say hello" (those of you in Nigeria understand what this means).

Frankly women like debrief make me sick, they are just miserable people, who go around seeking other people to drag into misery with them. Lagos is as usual its hypocritical self. They make laws that everyone knows only apply to certain classes of people and certain people are untouchable. Sorry to say this , but as we all know Yoruba people just like strife and stress and in Lagos they have attracted a large number of nut cases to their inane causes.

Excuse me sir please i would like to know if you are a family man with children (especially girl children)If you do, how will you like some man whopping your child with a stick cane or belt or even with punches
Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 23, 2012
prixxy:

Excuse me sir please i would like to know if you are a family man with children (especially girl children)If you do, how will you like some man whopping your child with a stick cane or belt or even with punches

Lmao. The poster you're talking to used to encourage his father to panel beat his mother regularly, don't you know? After all she had to be put in her place. You're now talking about his daughter, which shege daughter? His wedding present to her husband will be the koboko he needs to use to keep her behaving properly.
Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by Johndoe100(m): 6:02pm On Sep 23, 2012
prixxy:

Yes, I have children. No one would like their child to be beaten, I am sure you know that.
Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by prixxy(f): 6:12pm On Sep 23, 2012
Johndoe100:

Yes, I have children. No one would like their child to be beaten, I am sure you know that.

Sorry if i am asking too much question,am only trying to understand your point of view,
I will like to know what your reaction will be if one of your children came to you crying that there supposed husband has beaten her up because
she offended him.
Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by mazaje(m): 6:22pm On Sep 23, 2012
makdastar: I have been living with my elder brother for some years now, and he really hasn't been an easy person to live with.

I don't mind the fact that he beats me, along with the children, but sometimes he canes his wife too, after caning us.

grin grin. . . .Laugh wan kill me for here. . .No be small thing. . .
Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by maclatunji: 6:26pm On Sep 23, 2012
I am at a place where I am not supposed to LMFSO, you guys are killing me here with subdued laughter.

I don't even know what to say at some of the posts here.
Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by Johndoe100(m): 6:34pm On Sep 23, 2012
prixxy:

Sorry if i am asking too much question,am only trying to understand your point of view,
I will like to know what your reaction will be if one of your children came to you crying that there supposed husband has beaten her up because
she offended him.

This is one of those situations where parents must show maturity. After getting to the bottom of the events, You must give proper guidance to the couple on how to conduct themselves. So long as it's not a trend.
Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by Nobody: 6:52pm On Sep 23, 2012
dayokanu: Is the woman enjoying it ?
I think she is if not she would have done something fast about it! Why waste time when you have people you could talk to? I don't know why some nigerian women enjoy abusive marriage all in the name of answering "MRS"? How can an educated and learned married man dare lay his filthy hands on his wife for whatever reasons? Why on earth do we have marriage counsellors? I will advise the lady to do something quickly before she looses her life!
Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by maclatunji: 7:56pm On Sep 23, 2012
berem: I think she is if not she would have done something fast about it! Why waste time when you have people you could talk to? I don't know why some nigerian women enjoy abusive marriage all in the name of answering "MRS"? How can an educated and learned married man dare lay his filthy hands on his wife for whatever reasons? Why on earth do we have marriage counsellors? I will advise the lady to do something quickly before she looses her life!

I have come to realise that a lot of times when you observe a situation and it doesn't make sense to you, it's because you don't have the full details. If you did, it would make sense to you. This doesn't mean you will accept it though.
Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by monkeyleg: 8:25pm On Sep 23, 2012
chaircover: Lock up ke?!!!! In Nigeria? a man that will bail himself in 2 hours and come home and beat the hell out of them again . . . The policeman she wants to report to, probably beat his own wife up that same morning.

The only thing I can suggest to the poster is to get your parents involved. They are still his parents and they should still be able to talk to him in a language that he understands regardless of whether he is the one feeding them or not.

As for your SIL all you can do is to explain to her the dangers of being seriously injured or even killed one day and what is being instilled in the watching kids. Tell her to take this seriously and go speak to her parents/family and even if it means that she has a trial separation until the husband comes back to his senses so should it be. She has a job, and if the man was/is as generous and rich as you say, then your SIL should have some savings to be able to fend for herself for a while until the man behaves himself.

Thanks you, this is exactly what I have been saying
Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 23, 2012
monkeyleg:

Thanks you, this is exactly what I have been saying
This wasnt what you were saying oh, you were saying the woman should be careful and not to do anything to rock the "marriage".

1 Like

Re: Help, My Brother Whips His Wife! by Kobojunkie: 10:07pm On Sep 23, 2012
dayokanu: Is the woman enjoying it ?

It is possible she is enjoying it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Storms Out Of Dowry Negotiations Crying Extortion / My Crush On A Married Woman.. / Got Pregnant For A London Boy While In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.