Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

I Dey Vex - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Dey Vex (12024 Views)

Where Are The Real Women? Abi Dem No Dey? / I Dey Suspect My Wife Of Cheating. / I Dey Wonder Ooo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Dey Vex by linearity: 11:08pm On Sep 30, 2012
Odunnu:
The way it is now, if they give me notice of their coming next time, I wont agree but this woman takes me by surprise.
I dont know why some people act this way.
You are going on a family trip without proper preparation.
No towels, no soap, not enough clothes (I mean why would she wear my camisoles), no food. . .wth is in their luggage?
Yesterday, I was watching a movie on my laptop, my neigbour needed me to re-park so he could move his own car, the time I spent downstairs was less than 20mts only for me to come back and my system was missing.
Next I saw was my 'son' helping/teaching her how to play a movie. I havent set my eyes on my laptop again till now. She told me she bought some kiddies movies she's watching and would prefer watching it inside their room.
Na wa o.

Next time, when they surprise with a another text message that they on their way...simply text them back and say something like...'sorry, am not in town will not be back'...take style delay your getting back to the house that day....once you inconvenience or disappointment them once or twice, they will start making alternate arrangement. And it is not out of place to ask them to always give you at least 48hrs notice.
Re: I Dey Vex by EfemenaXY: 11:36pm On Sep 30, 2012
Odunnu: Bahd gurl. grin Who told you her nose is big? tongue

Only people with big noses behave like that na! grin

linearity:

Next time, when they surprise with a another text message that they on their way...simply text them back and say something like...'sorry, am not in town will not be back'...take style delay your getting back to the house that day....once you inconvenience or disappointment them once or twice, they will start making alternate arrangement. And it is not out of place to ask them to always give you at least 48hrs notice.

You're assuming this lady will text her next time.

I think the lady would just turn up at Odunnu's door with her mother, father, husband, kid, cousin, friend, friend of a friend's, pastor, dog and cat. Wanna bet on it??

1 Like

Re: I Dey Vex by Odunnu: 5:39am On Oct 01, 2012
*faints after reading Efe's post*
Re: I Dey Vex by Tgirl4real(f): 9:55am On Oct 01, 2012
Hehehehehehe
Re: I Dey Vex by violent(m): 1:55pm On Oct 21, 2012
By not hurting their feelings, you will have earned the "Nice girl" title. They will say, "ah, Odunnu's a really nice girl".

LoL! That, for me, tends to be the red flag. When someone says to me "You are a good man"...i know I've let myself be taken for a ride.

You must learn to draw your boundaries and enforce it.

If she sends a text to you, simply reply her that you are unwilling to accommodate her. Why is that difficult?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Dey Vex by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 26, 2012
Odunnu: I am really very angry this evening even though i'm trying so hard to control it.
I just pray I dont burst a nerve before I calm down.
Some people can make the Pope swear, really some can.

*Calm down Cutie* breath in, out* fine!

I was at work on thursday when a text came in, it was from a distant relative's friend. (now, thats really annoying)

This 'distant relative' is from the same village as my mom, not the same family o. She comes to my state of residence occassionally for church things and when she does, I house her for the 3 to 4 days stay. I sincerely dont mind. In one of her visits last year, she came with this woman, introduced her as wife to one of their pastors, ok. We all stayed together until their programme ended. Early this year, the pastor's wife showed up on my 'dormot' with this man she introduced as her husband. Told me they came for a day 'whateva' but that it ended late and they cant go back that evening. The story was they wanted to spend the night. Fine. Fair enough. A night couldnt hurt. I quickly fixed my 'son's' room and relocated him to my room and played. Next morning, they were gone and everybody happy.
Fast forward to thursday last week.
*too much background story jor, its getting too long and i'm getting angrier*

Odunnu:
coming over, yes! With the the husband and 3 year old son this time around!!

Odunnu: My anger with this couple is numerous.
1. They only told me they were coming few hours before they arrived. I bet she was already in the bus when she sent the text. What stopped her from giving me a few days notice since she's coming with her battalion?

2. She didnt tell me she was coming with a crowd for God's sake

3. Okay, she is here, saturday, she wore my camisole without my permission. When I saw it, I pretended I didnt.

4. Today she wore my cloth again and up until I started this thread, my home has been taken over by their friends. Choi!
I dey vex!

wow see that is why I don't do certain favors for people.
I used to have a problem saying "no" but situations like these can change even the nicest and most giving of people in a heartbeat.

smh.
Re: I Dey Vex by aadetoyin(f): 1:56pm On Oct 29, 2012
Firstly, where is ur own husband? If u re ranting like dis then ur husband must be very angry for accommodating such people. And u must be one of those people who will rather die in silence than speak up.
It is ur home so call the lady and let her know exactly how u feel. Ur cloths n laptop is a no go area for her. If she spoils the lappy, will she repair it.
Sometin similar happened to me wen my cousin came wit her son n d boy broke my laptop screen and I had to repair d tin.
So speak up instead of ranting here. Abi u'll give us ur address so dat we can come n chase dem 4 u.

2 Likes

Re: I Dey Vex by Odunnu: 12:35pm On Nov 08, 2012
grin
grin
Re: I Dey Vex by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 18, 2013
God forbid, forbid, forbid and forbid again. All I wanted to do was see your picture not meet such an annoying story. Haba na, I de quick vex o. I don't even entertain visitors. God forbid!
Re: I Dey Vex by 7842I: 1:30pm On Jan 18, 2013
Hello Odunnu,
I am reading this thread on a bus heading to Enugu, pleas can we spend the weekend at your house? Me and my hubby are coming into town for a traditional and white wedding of a friend, we have our own laptop and towels, please accept us this once and we will be glad. Thanks in advance.
Re: I Dey Vex by Freiburger(m): 1:33pm On Jan 18, 2013
7842I: Hello Odunnu,
I am reading this thread on a bus heading to Enugu, pleas can we spend the weekend at your house? Me and my hubby are coming into town for a traditional and white wedding of a friend, we have our own laptop and towels, please accept us this once and we will be glad. Thanks in advance.
Na wa for you ooo grin Na towel and laptop you wan chop? abi you nor know say every dry for January time? grin
Re: I Dey Vex by Odunnu: 1:47pm On Jan 18, 2013
7842I: Hello Odunnu,
Good you told me on time. I'm not in town.

1 Like

Re: I Dey Vex by Freiburger(m): 2:14pm On Jan 18, 2013
Odunnu:
cheesy cheesy grin
Re: I Dey Vex by EfemenaXY: 2:28pm On Jan 18, 2013
Odunnu:

Lol! grin
Re: I Dey Vex by Odunnu: 2:33pm On Jan 18, 2013
cool
Re: I Dey Vex by nitrogen(m): 5:24pm On Jun 10, 2013
Where is Odunnu?
Re: I Dey Vex by nnemak(m): 8:28am On Jul 01, 2016
Did she visit again as predicted?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Husband Demands N3M From Divorce-seeking Wife At Sharia Court In Sokoto / I Am Broken I Need Advice From Matured Minds / 2-Year- Old Playing On 100ft-high Balcony Ledge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.