Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

I Dey Vex - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Dey Vex (12014 Views)

Where Are The Real Women? Abi Dem No Dey? / I Dey Suspect My Wife Of Cheating. / I Dey Wonder Ooo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Dey Vex by Odunnu: 7:49pm On Sep 23, 2012
I am really very angry this evening even though i'm trying so hard to control it.
I just pray I dont burst a nerve before I calm down.
Some people can make the Pope swear, really some can.

*Calm down Cutie* breath in, out* fine!

I was at work on thursday when a text came in, it was from a distant relative's friend. (now, thats really annoying)

This 'distant relative' is from the same village as my mom, not the same family o. She comes to my state of residence occassionally for church things and when she does, I house her for the 3 to 4 days stay. I sincerely dont mind. In one of her visits last year, she came with this woman, introduced her as wife to one of their pastors, ok. We all stayed together until their programme ended. Early this year, the pastor's wife showed up on my 'dormot' with this man she introduced as her husband. Told me they came for a day 'whateva' but that it ended late and they cant go back that evening. The story was they wanted to spend the night. Fine. Fair enough. A night couldnt hurt. I quickly fixed my 'son's' room and relocated him to my room and played. Next morning, they were gone and everybody happy.
Fast forward to thursday last week.
*too much background story jor, its getting too long and i'm getting angrier*
Re: I Dey Vex by eledalo: 7:55pm On Sep 23, 2012
Only thing you can do now to solve this problem is to kill yourself. Do it quickly. And slowly.

Na joke, no vex grin

2 Likes

Re: I Dey Vex by justwise(m): 7:57pm On Sep 23, 2012
@eledalo

What a waste of space you are.
Re: I Dey Vex by Odunnu: 8:03pm On Sep 23, 2012
Darling, why you dey reply am?
Re: I Dey Vex by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 23, 2012
eledalo: Only thing you can do now to solve this problem is to kill yourself. Do it quickly. And slowly.
abi, are you the "husband" of that lady?

@Odunnu, such things happens.. just see it like you're helping them. Hope they provide money for food sha?
Re: I Dey Vex by Sagamite(m): 8:11pm On Sep 23, 2012
Odunnu: I am really very angry this evening even though i'm trying so hard to control it.

I was at work on thursday when a text came in, it was from a distant relative's friend. (now, thats really annoying)

This 'distant relative' is from the same village as my mom, not the same family o. She comes to my state of residence occassionally for church things and when she does, I house her for the 3 to 4 days stay. I sincerely dont mind. In one of her visits last year, she came with this woman, introduced her as wife to one of their pastors, ok. We all stayed together until their programme ended. Early this year, the pastor's wife showed up on my 'dormot' with this man she introduced as her husband. Told me they came for a day 'whateva' but that it ended late and they cant go back that evening. The story was they wanted to spend the night. Fine. Fair enough. A night couldnt hurt. I quickly fixed my 'son's' room and relocated him to my room and played. Next morning, they were gone and everybody happy.

I don't get it.

Did you get a text that she is coming over again?
Re: I Dey Vex by justwise(m): 8:12pm On Sep 23, 2012
Odunnu: I am really very angry this evening even though i'm trying so hard to control it.

I guess you need to be straight up with them, don't bite your tongue with them anymore
Re: I Dey Vex by Odunnu: 8:13pm On Sep 23, 2012
acidosis™:

@Odunnu, such things happens.. just see it like you're helping them. Hope they provide money for food sha?
Lol @ money for food. I've never even thought of that and now that i'm thinking of it, 'my vex done increase'.

1 Like

Re: I Dey Vex by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:15pm On Sep 23, 2012
eledalo: Only thing you can do now to solve this problem is to kill yourself. Do it quickly. And slowly.

If this is the best statement you can think of then I presume you are curse to humanity.

Odunu sweety....ride on jor the story never finish na.

2 Likes

Re: I Dey Vex by Odunnu: 8:17pm On Sep 23, 2012
Sagamite:

I don't get it.

Did you get a text that she is coming over again?
coming over, yes! With the the husband and 3 year old son this time around!!
Re: I Dey Vex by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 23, 2012
Re: I Dey Vex by slimyem: 8:19pm On Sep 23, 2012
lol.
Don't play tricks or games with the issue..
Just come up with a non-insultive way of telling her straight up how her constant visit with strangers in your house is starting to make you uncomfortable.
Re: I Dey Vex by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 23, 2012
You are not comfortablke with a situation then say so. Dont do "church church " while you are hurting. Tell her as much as you love to accommodate people your house is not a hotel or hostel. Accommodate if only you know its okay with you. Simple
Re: I Dey Vex by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:22pm On Sep 23, 2012
Odunnu:

Did you tell them you operate guest house?

Anyway I see no problem in this situation....

Just let them know that your Mama/close relative will be around that time.

If they don't mind they can send money and you make reservation for them at the nearby guest house.

I bet they will say no and quickly change their plan.

2 Likes

Re: I Dey Vex by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:25pm On Sep 23, 2012
I hate it when a stranger use my rest room.

I hate when they shower and soap foam splash everywhere.

1 Like

Re: I Dey Vex by Sagamite(m): 8:28pm On Sep 23, 2012
Odunnu:

Say "No", your friend and her family (husband and 2 sons) are coming over from Lagos on holiday for a week.
Re: I Dey Vex by Odunnu: 8:33pm On Sep 23, 2012
My anger with this couple is numerous.
1. They only told me they were coming few hours before they arrived. I bet she was already in the bus when she sent the text. What stopped her from giving me a few days notice since she's coming with her battalion?

2. She didnt tell me she was coming with a crowd for God's sake

3. Okay, she is here, saturday, she wore my camisole without my permission. When I saw it, I pretended I didnt.

4. Today she wore my cloth again and up until I started this thread, my home has been taken over by their friends. Choi!
I dey vex!
Re: I Dey Vex by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 23, 2012
Odunnu:
Lol @ money for food. I've never even thought of that and now that i'm thinking of it, 'my vex done increase'.
chei! I don add more petrol join fire! grin
But dear, you're a christian and a practising one at that. Do you remember what the bible says about 'help', service to God via serving humans.. hmm.. think about it.
That doesn't mean anyone can come and exit at will..cos some peeps are "prone to acting like they've got no conscience."
Re: I Dey Vex by slimyem: 8:34pm On Sep 23, 2012
Its funny how when you give some people an inch...they take a mile.
Something similar happened to me recently.
A friend(a little more than an acquaintance o.we were classmates in secondary school) called to tell me she'd be coming around for a programme for a few days and needs a place to stay.
She came around for the few days,left and came back the next week for another few days.
She started calling me once every week and would stay for about four days doing practically nothing!!
I made up my mind to tell her i was uncomfortable with the arrangement after it had spanned over a month and there was no end in sight.
She stopped calling after that and i wish her goodluck with whatever.
I cannot be uncomfortable in my own house all because i'm trying not to offend a person.
Op,do what you have to do as civil as possible for your own comfortability!!

2 Likes

Re: I Dey Vex by Sagamite(m): 8:37pm On Sep 23, 2012
Odunnu: My anger with this numerous.
1. They only told me they were coming few hours before they arrived. I bet she was already in the bus when she sent the text. What stopped her from giving me a few days notice since she's coming with her battalion?

2. She didnt tell me she was coming with a crowd for God's sake

3. Okay, she is here, saturday, she wore my camisole without my permission. When I saw it, I pretended I didnt.

4. Today she wore my cloth again and up until I started this thread, my home has been taken over by their friends. Choi!
I dey vex!

This is the second piss taking.

The first piss taking was this:

Odunnu: Early this year, the pastor's wife showed up on my 'dormot' with this man she introduced as her husband. Told me they came for a day 'whateva' but that it ended late and they cant go back that evening. The story was they wanted to spend the night.

If you continue taking piss, you would be soaked with piss.

Cut it out right now.

Hell NO!
Re: I Dey Vex by Sagamite(m): 8:40pm On Sep 23, 2012
slimyem:
I cannot be uncomfortable in my own house all because i'm trying not to offend a person.

Well said.

And Rule 329 in the Sagamu Rulebook says: Refrain from being considerate to people that are inconsiderate to you.

1 Like

Re: I Dey Vex by swtdarling(f): 8:50pm On Sep 23, 2012
u mite nt even say anytin directly to dem,jst giv dem dis attitude,dt dey ll know dt such visit is not welcome again.
Re: I Dey Vex by swtdarling(f): 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2012
and its not like dey are really family.mcheeeww!
Re: I Dey Vex by Odunnu: 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2012
God help me. Cant wait for tomorrow when they'll leave!

1 Like

Re: I Dey Vex by Sagamite(m): 8:55pm On Sep 23, 2012
They came last thursday and she wore your apparel today, how long are they spending this time around in your house?
Re: I Dey Vex by Sagamite(m): 8:57pm On Sep 23, 2012
Odunnu: God help me. Cant wait for tomorrow when they'll leave!

Oh, tomorrow.

Make sure it is the last time they set foot in your house. Simples!

If they text you or call you again to stay over, tell them to speak to me. angry

1 Like

Re: I Dey Vex by Odunnu: 9:10pm On Sep 23, 2012
Sagamite:

Oh, tomorrow.

Make sure it is the last time they set foot in your house. Simples!

If they text you or call you again to stay over, tell them to speak to me. angry
The way it is now, if they give me notice of their coming next time, I wont agree but this woman takes me by surprise.
I dont know why some people act this way.
You are going on a family trip without proper preparation.
No towels, no soap, not enough clothes (I mean why would she wear my camisoles), no food. . .wth is in their luggage?
Yesterday, I was watching a movie on my laptop, my neigbour needed me to re-park so he could move his own car, the time I spent downstairs was less than 20mts only for me to come back and my system was missing.
Next I saw was my 'son' helping/teaching her how to play a movie. I havent set my eyes on my laptop again till now. She told me she bought some kiddies movies she's watching and would prefer watching it inside their room.
Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: I Dey Vex by chic2pimp(m): 9:18pm On Sep 23, 2012
acidosis™:

Money for Food ke? I highly doubt that. I can count on one hand the amount of times I have either seen or heard about a "Nigerian Guest" do just that.

chaircover:
Just read the husband and son bit. well if you dont feel comfortable about it, then tell them especially as you dont know the husband and the child from before. The problem with many people is that they like taking people for granted. Sometimes its not so much the money but showing respect to the host and I am sure that if when the woman cane the first time and left a token payment when she was leaving, you wouldnt be so angry now.

Nah. They are taking advantage of her good nature. It's a typical Nigerian trait.
If they know they can get away with it(as it is with this case), they'll keep on doing it.
She needs to nip it in the bud before it gets out of her control.
Re: I Dey Vex by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 23, 2012
Odunnu:
The way it is now, if they give me notice of their coming next time, I wont agree but this woman takes me by surprise.
No towels, no soap, not enough clothes (I mean why would she wear my camisoles), no food. . .wth is in their luggage?
Yesterday, I was watching a movie on my laptop, my neigbour needed me to re-park so he could move his own car, the time I spent downstairs was less than 20mts only for me to come back and my system was missing.
Next I saw was my 'son' helping/teaching her how to play a movie. I havent set my eyes on my laptop again till now. She told me she bought some kiddies movies she's watching and would prefer watching it inside their room.
Na wa o.
If you feel this way why are you not speaking to her? I am sure you act as if "its okay" when she is doing all this, when she took your laptop you should have demanded it back, or any time since yesterday. If you dont like it, speak up, its really simple, set boundaries, not being wicked but firm, set boundaries, how will she know it is not okay if you dont say so?:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Dey Vex by Sagamite(m): 9:20pm On Sep 23, 2012
Odunnu:
Na wa o.

You yourself love to take shyt.

If I was the one they come again by surprise, I would have been diligent enough to obtain the description for the way to a local hotel and the motor park. They can pick.

You are encouraging this as far as I am concerned.

Two things people would tell you about me is that (1) I am a nice guy and (2) I am not a mugu to walk over.

1 Like

Re: I Dey Vex by Odunnu: 9:25pm On Sep 23, 2012
debrief08:
If you feel this way why are you not speaking to her? I am sure you act as if "its okay" when she is doing all this, when she took your laptop you should have demanded it back, or any time since yesterday. If you dont like it, speak up, its really simple, set boundaries, not being wicked but firm, set boundaries, how will she know it is not okay if you dont say so?:
Its not as easy as you say it.
How would I say it? This woman is much older than me. I'm enduring it because I know its a short term visit.
What you should help me do is direct me on how to stop this particular family from coming next time without hurting them.
Re: I Dey Vex by chic2pimp(m): 9:26pm On Sep 23, 2012
Odunnu:

Na wa o.

This is what I am talking about when I say "Taking advantage of one's good nature especially when they know they can get away with it"

Not only is She sleeping and dinning in your house for free, She has now taken it a step further. Using your things without permission.

Nip it in the bud before She goes any further.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tragedy As Fire Outbreak Kills A Woman And Her 3 Kids In Niger State(photos) / After 10YEARS God Blessed My Uncle And His Wife With A Big Boy / Children Raised In Nigeria Are Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.